It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A question for all the "2012" believers

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

The world governments have already started ramping up efforts to educate and make the transition easier. I tend to be quite sensitive to pole shift anomalies so when they started moving things around in the Tampa bay area this year the alarms went off. St Petersburg. Florida was founded by a Russian back in the late 1800's. There is a deeper relationship in this area, its not just a mail order bride situation. Are there similar changes happening in other parts of the country?

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Bordon81

I am not sure I did see they are closing some raod way in Albuquerque in relation to Airport traffic and the Madrid fault attention as of current so there may be more clear changes occuring. Its just hard to track in other countries.
edit on 1/25/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Amaterasu

Not true.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by NWOnoworldorder

Umm actually....:

en.wikipedia.org...

Mainstream Mayanist scholars state that predictions of impending doom are not found in any of the existing classic Maya accounts, and that the idea that the Long Count calendar "ends" in 2012 misrepresents Maya history.[3][5] The modern Maya do not consider the date significant, and the classical sources on the subject are scarce and contradictory, suggesting that there was little if any universal agreement among them about what, if anything, the date might mean.[6] Additionally, astronomers and other scientists have rejected the apocalyptic forecasts as pseudoscience, stating that the anticipated events are contradicted by simple astronomical observations.[7] NASA has compared fears about 2012 with those about the approaching millennium in the late 1990s, suggesting that an adequate analysis should preclude fears of disaster.[7] None of the proposed alignments or formulas have been accepted by mainstream scholarship.

Coe's apocalyptic interpretation was repeated by other scholars through the early 1990s.[17] In contrast, later researchers said that, while the end of the 13th b'ak'tun would perhaps be a cause for celebration,[3] it did not mark the end of the calendar.[18] "There is nothing in the Maya or Aztec or ancient Mesoamerican prophecy to suggest that they prophesied a sudden or major change of any sort in 2012," says Mayanist scholar Mark Van Stone. "The notion of a "Great Cycle" coming to an end is completely a modern invention."[19] In 1990, Mayanist scholars Linda Schele and David Freidel argued that the Maya "did not conceive this to be the end of creation, as many have suggested."[20] Susan Milbrath, curator of Latin American Art and Archaeology at the Florida Museum of Natural History, stated that "We have no record or knowledge that [the Maya] would think the world would come to an end" in 2012.[21] "For the ancient Maya, it was a huge celebration to make it to the end of a whole cycle," says Sandra Noble, executive director of the Foundation for the Advancement of Mesoamerican Studies in Crystal River, Florida. To render December 21, 2012, as a doomsday event or moment of cosmic shifting, she says, is "a complete fabrication and a chance for a lot of people to cash in.

So the only people saying there;s a doomsday prophecy are the ones who investigated the least into this. Now i'm confused even more, why is it so many people believe there is an end of the world prophecy when the "Mayanist scholars state that predictions of impending doom are not found in any of the existing classic Maya accounts,"

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I'm in two minds about 2012,but i found this funny.
m.flickr.com...
first time posting a pic,hope it works.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Conspiracy debates and theories take on a new height since September 11 2001 staged terrorist attack. The Zionists knew that that they had to distract attention in the most delicate way. After all, the Zionists are masters of emotional manipulation and exploitation.

So the Zionists created 2012 doomsday as "parallel focus" away from 911 truths. They included science, archeology, cosmology, astrology and even supertitions to support their claim.

I too bought into the 2012 hypothesis at first. But after perusing different sources, it was clear that this was a systematic disinformation with Zionists signatures all over the place.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
There were 2 doom scenarios in 2000: Y2k and a planetary alignment. In 2001 there was millennium claim because 2001 was the start of the new 1000 years. In 2003 there was the Mars ripping the guts out of the Earth claim. I forget 2007. Now it is 2011, 2012, ...

The first 2012 claims come from the 1980s when New Age authors noticed that here was something they could write hoaxes about. As the date comes closer more voices appear.

There are those that have thought every one of these dates was going to be the end of civilization. I remember reading about IT folks that quit their jobs to build compounds.

There have been claims that odd things are happening. And frankly that's not true.
1. The magnetic holes come and go
2. The magnetic poles are moving and have done so since they were first located.
3. There is no increase in seismic activity
4. Natural disasters are not incre4asing except for floods. The latter is due to human activity such as poor land management, deforestation, construction, ...
5. Animal die offs have always happened and nothing unusual is happening.
6. There are no Mayan prophecies associated with the long count calendar
7. There is no Nibiru out there.

BTW, a pole shift is a change in the rotational axis orientation, not a magnetic event.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by SamTGonzalez

ONE DAY AT A TIME MY FRIEND
ITS ALL IN A DAYS WORK (as far as THEY are concerned)

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicCitizen
Wasn't 1995 some sort of important TEOTWAWKI Mayan date also?
FWIW, nothing happened then. Ergo, the calendar might be etched
in stone but the related prophecies are not.....................................

You know about assumptions right? They make an ASS out of both you and me.

The date you are referring to was in 1999 and it merely marked the beginning of the 12th baktun or period of time. Stop making generalities on topics you clearly know nothing about.

Thanks.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
edit
edit on 25-1-2011 by 2008111 because: ONLY GOD KNOWS IT

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by SamTGonzalez

Well, 1) because I was a child, and 2) because I was also smart enough to know that Y2K was nothing but computer's possibly resetting. I would hardly categorize having to reset your desktop clock as an 'End of The World' situation. Well for me it isn't, you may have deeply rooted mental problems though....

2012 isn't a date I thought was of any significance right up unto a few years ago. I am only know giving the subject any real thought, and belief now because of all the information that is now coming together.

The dead animals, fish, and birds. The worsening global weather system. The daily multiple earthquakes happening all over the world. The confirmed solar storms that have been upgraded to a class y(the most severe). The magnetic poles that have been significantly on the move since the 1990's that scientists are now admitting they have been tracking since then. The giant objects that seem to have come from nowhere that are now orbiting the sun. The quietly building, and widespread confirmation of a massive planetary body now visible to astrologers. Let's not forget NASA's confirmation of an object several times larger then Jupiter past Pluto in 1983. NASA's confirmation that this giant object was indeed a brown dwarf(a massive star that didn't mature) in 1992. NASA discovering an object smaller then Earth's Moon in 2005 and cleverly referring to it as 'planet x' and then downgrading it's planetary status to a dwarf planet and naming it Eris. and the literally tons, and tons, and tons, and tons, and tons of references to the '10th planet' or 'Nibiru' throughout Earth's history. and so on....

There is just too much information out there today that all added up equal an obvious event. 2012, 2013, or 2014, it may not be spot on the December 21 2012 date, but the facts are there that something large and possibly destructive in imminent in the very near future.

*I would like to point out a mistake a lot of people make in thinking Eris is 'planet X' or the large body NASA reported back in the early 80s and 90s. These are separate object's which can be seen in the reports NASA made on each planetary object. A lot of disinformation has been spread now about Nibiru being Eris. One is a confirmed Brown Dwarf(star) and the other a Dwarf Planet(it's smaller then our moon). There is no way the object's could ever be the same finding's of NASA. Don't let NASA's disinformation where they referred to each as planet X, and each being a Dwarf something or other fool you. Two different object.***

(calling it planet

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by loagun

Many people only recall the Y2K problem of 2000, but that was only 1 of 3 issues. The next issue was that the date was a Gregorian date which was 2x the date once supposed for the second coming. The last issue was a planetary alignment. Books were written on all 3 of these issues and despite the noise and fanfare nothing happened.

Similar predictions were made for 2001, the real millenium date, 2003, the Mars wrenching the guts out of the world date, and 2007, which escapes me now.

There are a number of mistakes in your post.

1. The animal die offs are not abnormal. Go ask an ornithologist. Think about it. Whale beachings make the news every year. Animal die offs happen many times a year all over the world and have been doing that for a long time - centuries.
  2. Is the weather worse or is it changing? Great the weather is different today. That makes for idle chatter. That has been the case forever.
  3. Earthquakes are no more common today than before. Go check with the USGS.
  4. Solar storms are no more active than before. The next solar maximum is due in 2013 and is expected to be lower than normal.
  5. Yes, the magnetic poles are in motion and have been ever since they have been tracked. The position of the poles apparently changes greatly on a daily basis. The mean position is changing over the course of the year.
  6. There are no giant object orbiting the sun. Where does this idea come from?
  7. There is no massive planetary body now visible to astrologers. Sheesh. Astrologers only copy from real scientists.
  8. I see you are repeating the lie about the IRAS data confirming an object several times larger than Jupiter in 1983. In fact, there was no confirmation. The only thing stated was that they had no idea what the mysterious object was or how far away it was.
  9. It's a baldfaced lie to say that NASA confirmed this as a brown dwarf in 1992. In fact, the IRAS data turned out to be a new type of galaxy that was reported in 1985.
  10. Yes Eris was found by Brown. It was called Xena, not planet X. The name Xena was used because the team was trying to determine if this was a planet or not.
  11. Nibiru, the Sitchin hoax, was not called the 10th planet by Sitchin. So your claim of tons and tons of references falls flat on its face.
  12. There is no evidence of something large and possible destructive out there. The evidence is that there is no unknown planet out there that can have an orbit entering the orbits of the known planets.
  13. No brown dwarf has been confirmed. Where did you get this ludicrous idea from?

Do you have any evidence to support any of these claims you've made?

I think you are the winner of the prize for the greatest number of mistakes in a single post.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
I just want to know what the next doomsday date is going to be when 2012 disappoints.

Is there even a backup in the pipeline? Or do we have to totally make up.......................err.........discover a new one?

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander
I just want to know what the next doomsday date is going to be when 2012 disappoints.

Is there even a backup in the pipeline? Or do we have to totally make up.......................err.........discover a new one?

Oddly I haven't heard of one..
That in itself is unusual I guess..

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
I would pick 2036 with Apophis. That is a bit far out to steal money from the gullible. I think this calls for something really stupid.

I looked up prime number tables and 2017 is a prime. The should get the eye of suckers for numerology.

There is a total solar eclipse in that year, the first over the US since 1991 and the first on the mainland since 1979. The totality sweep runs from Oregon to South Carolina.

It runs over Nebraska and Arkansas so let's claim that the mound builders in Arkansas collected mica from NC, seashells from Florida, obsidian from Yellowstone, copper from Michigan, silver from Ontario to build a psychic generator capable of preventing the New Madrid from splitting the Earth in two.

The way I see it there should be no limits to the irrational nature of the claims that are made.

There must be a reason that a plant called ilex vomitoris grows in the path of the coming total solar eclipse.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

lol, nice call but way to far in the future for most..
BTW, doesn't Apophis first fly past in 2029 ?
Though even that's not soon enough to create fear..

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

Well, if you were running a scam, you want to get on record with your date BEFORE 2012.

L. Ron Hubbard sat down and planned Scientology. You know, as a business venture, it might not be a bad idea to sit down and plan out the next Apocalypse, get the books and videos started, drum up the evidence..........you know the drill.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   
The main reason I believe in 2012 is because we're a bunch of psychotic hairless apes who have been on the verge of wrecking everything as long as I've been alive for quite a while previously. There's got to be an a-ha moment, and if there's something to it that tied it to recorded mayan cycles, or any other cultures' prophecies or interpretations I'm not going to discount that. I'm also not going to discount stuff that happens in space.

I'm keen on the fact that we might not notice it too. There's a story about an Amazonian tribe as they were being "discovered." The pointed to the same plant but would call it one of 16 things. Later on with the advent of dna technology it was confirmed they were 16 separate species that did not allow crossbreeding. When asked how they knew they were 16 different species the reply was, "they sing different songs under the full moon."

My point being there is a whole lot we don't know. Even with what we think we know regarding 2 sides of 2012, we have many experts contradicting each other. Who do you trust? The disinfo is just going to get to be a larger and larger problem as they date looms nearer. It's a shame that we know we are incapable of objectively storing information and passing it on as a species.

So I'll admit, intuition plays a part in my belief of 2012. For the record I did not buy into any of the other end of the world scenarios in this thread and have been onto 2012 since before 2000. This is nothing like y2k and no matter how you look at it the mayan calendars and other prophecies are very interesting. I know if reality folds in on itself I'm going to have lots of water. If nothing happens I'm going to assume something actually did and it will be a while before our slow species understands. Anything in between I plan to experience and act accordingly.
edit on 10-2-2011 by GoatwolfeWolfgoate because: grammar

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 02:52 AM
link   
I really wish I could be as SURE as some of you here i.e. Stereologist for example. I'm not, because unlike detractors from the 2012 idea, I know that we can't prove anything until it happens. Until then its just an idea, just a theory. You can't disprove it and we can't prove it. I can not know 100% that what I say is true, but what I do know is that the equivalent of putting your fingers in your ears and screaming "La la la, can't hear you! Its not true because my mummy said that all time is the same and that the world never changes" is completely pointless from every perspective.

Its still hilarious to me that its all about needing hard physical proof that fits your scientific dogma, yet that dogma is against the fundamentals of science - which is to always accept something as a possibility until it can be tested (which in this case isn't until the date itself) and that NOTHING is ever PROVEN or 100% accurate.

ALL scientific theories are based on the idea that one day they will be disproven. That means that EVERYTHING you build your own personal ideologies on are based on the idea that one day they will be disproven. You should know this if you are serious about science and you should know that science has been as perverted as everything else in our current political climate.

That means that it goes against the core of your very belief systems to sit there and say these things are impossible because it doesn't fit with our CURRENT understanding of the universe.

Absolutely hilarious. Science is the new religion and I think its dogma is going to be obliterated along with our ideas of money, property, capitalism and democracy (Not to mention all other dogmas floating around). That isn't to say I think science is bad - no, I think its awesome and still has a lot to offer our species. I just think that entrenching it and our society in the MYTH that scientists understand the universe and that everything has to fit within our very limited perspective to be true is damaging all around. I am also not saying to blindly believe anything with no proof - what I am saying is to keep an open mind and accept the possibility.

Personally I can't wait, I just hope we can get through with no/minimal loss of life. If I am wrong then yeah I will be disappointed, but I will say "Hey, I was wrong. Sorry about that, I'm only human". If you are wrong I hope you will do the same.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 02:59 AM
link   
IMO i am concerned with the people who are in dire need of an answer. If all is supposed to end then why not make this a realty perception. NATURAL DISASATERS CAN NOT BE PREDICTED TO A PRECISE MOMENT IN TIME. All one can do is disseminate information. It is something one should be aware of but not base there whole life around it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join