It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A question for all the "2012" believers

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Why weren't any of you warning us of 2012 prior to all the "Y2K" or other "world ending" conspiracy theories back in the 90's?

When everyone thought the world was going to end back then, I never once heard someone say:
"Forget all those conpiracies... what we REALLY need to focus on is the Mayan's 5000-year-old prediction of 2012."

It seems like all this Mayan 2012 nonsense came out of nowhere, and everyone just jumped on the "world ending" bandwagon again.

Questions? Answers? Comments? Concerns?
Feel free to post them all.

-Sam

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the mayans didn't predict anything, their calender stopped. And people have been talking about the mayan calendar for years, but stuff like y2k was closer and got more media attention.

It's all bunk IMO

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Good point......

I dont think the world will end in 2012 just to be clear. Though I do feel like a change will happen. What change? No idea so sorry I cant answer your question.

Maybe the info on the calendar didnt come to light before Y2k?

I'll be interested to see the comments from the hardcore 2012 crew

Edit to add: If you notice anything you watch on this, 2012 docs, Ancient Aliens etc.. They all seem to try too hard to point everything to 2012, which is why I am a liitle skeptical of this

edit on 25/1/11 by Lucifer84 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
I believe the Y2K thing was about computers, and their supposed inability to change over to a new millenia, therefore causing them to crash world wide. The computer scenario, if it would have happened, would have been a temporary mess, but hardly end of the world. I am on the fence about 2012, leaning towards nothing happening, but in the back of my mind, I know the Myans predicted the arrival of the spanish conquistadors by 500 years- to the day. I also think about things like us crossing the "equatorial" plane of the galaxy, or whatever it is, and think about how our own equator on this rock has effects on stuff like weather (hurricanes spinning opposite) and wonder if this crossing will have any effects. Food for thought.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by SamTGonzalez

2012 theories have been around alot longer than post Y2K.

The internet was not in as wide a use as it was post Y2K so to say people have only started popping up with this theory in recent years is way off, it's just they've got more of a platform from which to speak nowadays.

If you don't believe (and I am a total fence sitter when it comes to 2012) then I'd aim to constructively criticise the theories rather than say people have just bandwagoned onto another theory following the failure of Y2K. I have to keep referring to Y2K as you mentioned other 'world ending' conspiracies but didn't specify any particular examples. Please feel free to share some.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
No one ever in their right mind thought that "Y2K" would be the end of the world haha; it was merely a problem associated with technology, software, and power grids in general which would have compromised security and developments. As for the Mayan prophecy, it has surged lately as a result of impeding anomalies on a global scale. We now have Scientific proof that in the earth's natural cycle, the magnetic field has a massive hole, the poles are shifting in an accelerated fashion (being measured), an increased amount of seismic activity and natural disasters at an exponential rate over the last 10 years compared to the previous, etc. We have mass animal die-offs which science is bound to prove is a result of the pole shift and magnetic field instability (the majority of animals effected all rely on the earths magnetic grid to navigate). As science begins to unfold these grim realities, it's only a matter of time before life as we know it changes. The earth has a natural cycle, and our generation got the short straw; but hey, it had to be someones generation so why would we be so ignorant to dismiss our own.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   

excellent question.....I for one never felt that Y2K was a risk but a lot of things could happen in 2012 (and it makes a good cover for a variety of staged operations; ie Operations Blue Beam, Blackjack, etc). FWIW, the mayan descendants are NOT looking for the end of the world but rather a new beginning on the long count calendar.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   

It all comes down to numbers. The calender on your wall does not cease to exist on Dec. 31st therefore the Mayan calender does not cease on Dec. 21, 2012. Everything just starts over. Nothing will happen. If something does happen, we won't even notice.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Its because during the Y2K alertness everyone was afraid the world was going to go thru tremendous changes
when the ball dropped. The ball dropped and everyone took a deep breath of relaxation. THEN 2001 911 hit and this reawakened/alerted everyone consciously and subconsciously that something IS WRONG. Next thing you know the WORLD BEGIN TO DOWNSPIRAL. Multiple wars Islam and Christianity were seeminig like they were at each others throats. People began to DIG FOR ANSWERS and 2012 surfaced. SO in reality all the Y2K fears were real and the date around 2012 should be alerted on as well. Also as another member mentioned 2012 was the deciphered end of the Mayan calander also to welcome a NEW BEGINNING. When you pay attention to space celestial activities and Terra activities, SOL activities you kind of get the feeling something IS UP. Unless your too deep in fear to take a REAL look.
good question
PEACE...
edit on 1/25/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
People need to stop viewing "2012" as some countdown and an instantaneous moment of destruction; Collectively, it will result from the accumulation of effects brought on by the pole shift..a naturally occurring cycle that we are well overdue for. Aside from creating "turbulence" along the way at a global scale, once the poles actually flip we will be exposed to solar winds/storms/flares to a catastrophic level. Our shields will basically be down for a period of time; I also failed to mention that NASA themselves predicted and anticipate massive solar storms near 2012-2013...this has nothing to do with any prophecy, purely science. The National Academy of Sciences (which is the closest thing we have to a Supreme Court in the world of science) has strongly suggested that these solar flares will indeed reach a vulnerable and devastating level withing the next few years.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
They've been talking about 2012 since Terrence McKenna's discovery in the 70s I believe, with the I-Ching. You just haven't heard about it until it hit mainstream.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   

2012 is not a prediction of the end, it is simply peoples FEAR and translation of the Mayam Calander that has people thinking it MIGHT be the end. 2012 is actually three of Earths cycles ending at once. The Mayams were in tune with cyclical events involving Earth. And they did not complete the calander. If they had you would understand that this is a beginning not an end. And in the past, when even "1" of these cycles took place it created catastrophic events. Therefore with all three culiminating at once, (which has NEVER happened in recorded history of Earth) it definately creates some fear surrounding the outcome. What few people have been saying.....is.....it is NOT the end, it is a BEGINNING. A beginning of a higher level of spiriitual awareness. We are embarking on the new and old silmultaniously. These transitions are never simple and quite frankly fear provoking. And, "I", personally WAS discussing this subject WAY before Y2K. In fact, a few people were....because I've been studying it for 20 years now. I've read countless books and one many many hours of research on this subject. And the truth is because it has NEVER happened before, nobody REALY knows what to expect. But one think is for sure......it is not the end of time. It may be the end of time as we know it, but humanity will be exterminated during this change.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by phishybongwaters

well no thats incorrect actually...the mayan calander isnt just a calander its also a prophetic tablet if u will, it has predictions engraved as well as the dates.....

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   
2012 Has been predicted for a long time. Remember Nancy Lieder, the Zeta contactee predicting the arival of Nibiru and the pole shift? I think the original prediction comes from a 70's channeling session, the law of one. 2012 did not start with the mayan calendar, which is tje calendar of the evolution of the human consciousness . MSM is all over it but 2012 isn't the end, simply the start of a new cycle of life, and an alleged shift of dimension. It's not fear based!

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Wasn't 1995 some sort of important TEOTWAWKI Mayan date also?
FWIW, nothing happened then. Ergo, the calendar might be etched
in stone but the related prophecies are not.....................................

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Angelicdefender2012

It is so nice to hear someone actually speak rather positively about 2012! It is also rare to see a thread about 2012 on ats that doesn't suggest we are all doomed
I am a person with high anxiety and the end of all things is just not a topic I like to read/discuss ever. So....thanks for this thread and for some positive input on things!

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
as i saw another user post, im just ready for Jesus to punt us through the goal posts of life. And the way things are goin its definately feeling like 4th down.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   

I first heard warnings of the 2012 prophecy in about 1999, when I attended a Mayan healing seminar here in Sedona, AZ. I'll grant you that the prophecy was not as well-known then as it is now, but it was known. Certainly, as you mentioned, Y2K was more the focus at that time.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by NWOnoworldorder

Thanks for correcting me on that

Oh and for the record Y2k (year 2000) was a potential computer bug dealing with old equipment that was not designed to deal with the date change over, so instead of going 99 to 00, it would probably have defaulted back to 0001? It would have caused some problems with banking, and possibly power grids, except the patched the issue on affected devices long before it was a problem. Y2K became Y2K because people love end of the world predictions, it's a fact, worst case scenario is you'd have to reset the clocks.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by SamTGonzalez
Why weren't any of you warning us of 2012 prior to all the "Y2K" or other "world ending" conspiracy theories back in the 90's?

Because many (if not most) were unaware of it?

And I have that date (or somewhere around then) marked because of the stele found back in the (I think it was) 1930's that had timeframes, each shorter than the other, all ending around 2011-2012 (depending on who you ask).

The first timeframe was 16.4 billion years (gee, we have estimated the age of the universe from 12-18 billion years; might there be a connection?) Are we goung to be moving into another 16.4 billion year cycle? Like turning a page on a calendar? Somehow that makes little sense to me.

For more on this search Ian Lungold.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join