It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Not a fan of the new ATS color scheme

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by dominicus
yeah the Icons were AWESOME!!!!

Color scheme sucks (agreed). Being mostly on the breaking news and philosophy forums the posts I was most interested in were easy to spot.

Now its just a bloody mess.

I think its politics though.... ATS probably has a full time or part time site designer that has to make themselves look valuable to keep their job by constantly making changes and updates..... when in reality the Site was fine since like 5 years ago .....

Its the conspiracy of the ATS web designer who has to make themselves seem needed.

If you read up a few posts you would see who the web designer is
No conspiracy.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
There better be a purple icon is all I can say
(Runs to look....)

Thanks for listening, you guys!

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

I like it.

But I'm weird anyway!

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I just have one beef. That whole page is toned down so far as to appear as if one is reading at night with only a very dim light thru a gauz curtain.

Is that supposed to keep everyone calm?? It is just soo boring -- worse than sepia.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I'm fine with the colors now that the icons are back.

I just didn't like not having the icons...I can't read...so I need to look at pictures

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
I wasn't happy with the loss of "visual functionality" with the removed icons. A new set of smaller file-sized icons have been created, specific to the recent posts page... overall about 20% the file size of the previous PNG images used.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackOps719

I agree.
Thanks for bringing the icons back.

The green and red colors on the forum names are still irritating
for reasons unknown.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

I'm with you Skadi, this for me is how it used to be. So naturally I like it this way and I'm very glad they changed it back. Think I'll throw a party. Can't believe anybody wouldn't like it. Makes things alot easier. ATS rules in cyberspace and beyond.

OP gets no flag no star, not even a cookie.:

edit on 25-1-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Hoohah !
My dear icons finally come back.
Thank you for bringing 'em back whoever out there.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I usually don't chime in on these kinds of threads as I generally like the direction this site has been heading, graphically. I think the concerns in this post are valid.

Small, dark text against a black background? I know I can go "light" with the color scheme, but really? The muted colors remind me of camouflaged military patches where they use dark, muted reds and blues. The combination of dark on dark is a graphical nightmare. Very ill advised and is a disservice to any of your users with eyesight issues or the elderly.

Easy fix: Brighter colors or a larger, bold font.
Contrast = Readability. Graphic design 101. . .
edit on 1/25/2011 by clay2 baraka because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Thanks SkepticOverlord

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
install the firebug addon for mozilla firefox browser and you can have ats anycololour you want. (i domt mean it will tint it) you can change all the colour codes to mach what you like, even change the background image.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Not a fan of the new ATS color scheme

personally, I am pleased that this massive redesign has gone mostly without a hitch and that the outcome has been a website that is still very user friendly.

In a nutshell, it's functional and navigable.

As far as the color scheme? No problem. I come here for the content, the the window dressing

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 03:44 AM
link   
This post says absolutely nothing.
edit on 27-1-2011 by Watcher-In-The-Shadows because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join