It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Not a fan of the new ATS color scheme

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 04:59 AM
link   
I also forgot to mention the pics were easier to look for. I use to just scroll down and look for the avy's I liked and went there.

Also the hide forum function never seems to last more than about 5 mins. Can someone help me with that?

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 05:03 AM
link   
The colors are a little distracting. It makes speed reading much more difficult. I often find my eyes stopping on the sub-forum names instead of the topics. It may change after getting used to it though.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir

However this new design on the ‘Recent Posts’ tab is not exactly appearing the best, in my opinion, as it has become quite difficult to distinguish between the forums.

Like most on ATS I have particular forums I monitor but this new design is making that quite difficult. Whether or not you should reverse back is your decision but I strongly encourage you to at least make a single, independent, and unique color for each forum. Not pink for maybe 3 or 4 forums because that then becomes difficult to distinguish.

Dear Staff , I just wanted to quote the OP because this is exactly (and I mean exactly) the same way I feel about the recent changes to the recent posts page . Might I advise that if You do changes of this style, that You give the option to stay with the previous theme for those that might not like it or get confused by it .

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 05:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

I couldn't agree more.
I just logged on to find all my usual favourites in the recent posts almost impossible to distinguish.
I applaud the hard work put into this site... but maybe on this one occassion we could go back to the previous way?

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 05:32 AM
link   
It was well researched by Microsoft (love them or hate them) that most people are very visually oriented.

Their correct conclusions from decades ago into how people best use computers is why we're even here today right now reading and posting.

People are visual. Icons, avatars etc... My gawd... Why is ATS doing what they are doing to such a well designed site.

I don't particularly like all of the new 2010 scripting but I can deal with it.

The colors suck severely but I can deal with that too...

Taking away the icons on the "recent posts" page makes it virtually unusable.

It's my opinion that ATS has taken over by knuckle heads that feel the need to change change change with complete disregard for what has been proven to work (billions of dollars/Bill Gates/You don't have to like him.)

The owners are away dealing with lawsuits and other things owners must do ... MASSIVE appreciation to them.

No appreciation to the head of the 2010 design nor the decorator/color cordinator... Flames unto the chump that decided to remove the icons.

If I wanted Gopher I would run Mosaic and Trumpet Winsock under Windows For Workgroups. Or Slackware

Are we caught up in devo?

[edit to add:] Kudo's to the OP. I almost posted about this but it's always easier to delete shortcuts. [color=gold]* * * * * Too bad we can't star these posts. Many are spot on.
edit on 1·25·11 by DrMattMaddix because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 05:34 AM
link   
reply to post by BlackOps719

It is like a rainbow (colors could be more vivid though)! I don't mind it
It's better than the icons. Subtle and clean.

P.S. The color for BAN is the same as the dark background and doesn't show at all. FWIW

edit on 1/25/2011 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
reply to post by BlackOps719

It is like a rainbow! I don't mind it
It's better than the icons. Subtle and clean.

Dud[color=gold]ette ... it's freakin Gopher.

We're devolving.

edit on 1·25·11 by DrMattMaddix because: gender reference error

edit on 1·25·11 by DrMattMaddix because: to edit my edit line with a smiley

edit on 1·25·11 by DrMattMaddix because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 05:43 AM
link   
reply to post by DrMattMaddix

Haha I'm not a dude, Too many Icons tend to annoy me...they ake too much room and I'm so OCD I always want to change them.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 05:48 AM
link   
reply to post by DrMattMaddix

reply to post by ~Lucidity

Reading the 2 above posters posts, I wonder if possible we can, like we do with avatars now, have a feature where we can turn forum icons on or if needs be, off. This should adhere to both sides then.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
As much as I like ATS overall, I have to say I am not happy with this change. I start most of my searches with "recent posts" , and now find the format/colors uncomfortable to my eyes, which means I will spend less time
here.

edit on 25-1-2011 by manta78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
YEA i got a question on the colour scheme.

isnt green a colour used to trigger/program assassins - is the theme....MKUltra lol: @@:
edit on 25-1-2011 by thePharaoh because: MY NUTZ ACHED

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
It's looking a bit better already as far as the brightest of the bars. A suggestion would be to pull more colors from say the oranges and blues and greens (the brighter ones) that already appear elsewhere. And I of course would love a more vivid purple

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

I came into the site today and it felt a little pastry
Thought it was just me. Its cool maybe it helps others to see better unn no.
edit on 1/25/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I wasn't happy with the loss of "visual functionality" with the removed icons. A new set of smaller file-sized icons have been created, specific to the recent posts page... overall about 20% the file size of the previous PNG images used.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Looks much better now that the icons are back

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Looks much better now that the icons are back

I would have to agree. When the icons were gone it was like a sea of text.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I THINK this is a bad thing... but I didnt even notice the change. I think I disregard the fluff and only ever read the words in the first place. I cant even recall what the icons were! So in my case.. the change is fine and Im okay with it..... as long as you keep the words in English Im happy.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
yeah the Icons were AWESOME!!!!

Color scheme sucks (agreed). Being mostly on the breaking news and philosophy forums the posts I was most interested in were easy to spot.

Now its just a bloody mess.

I think its politics though.... ATS probably has a full time or part time site designer that has to make themselves look valuable to keep their job by constantly making changes and updates..... when in reality the Site was fine since like 5 years ago .....

Its the conspiracy of the ATS web designer who has to make themselves seem needed.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by OneisOne

Exactly, it just breaks it up and creates a more readable and well spaced page.
Or it at least creates that impression... either way it's the same end result.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Looks a lot better now IMO.

It's a lot easier to find the type of topics I'm interested in now, which wasn't as easy before.

Thanks for the change.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join