It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Not a fan of the new ATS color scheme

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   
I guess it shall be me, who is the first to say it, which I believe must be said.

ATS staff and designers we truly appreciate the hard work you put into making this site the best looking, easiest to maneuver through site that you can. Your hard work is beyond appreciated. However this new design on the ‘Recent Posts’ tab is not exactly appearing the best, in my opinion, as it has become quite difficult to distinguish between the forums.

Like most on ATS I have particular forums I monitor but this new design is making that quite difficult. Whether or not you should reverse back is your decision but I strongly encourage you to at least make a single, independent, and unique color for each forum. Not pink for maybe 3 or 4 forums because that then becomes difficult to distinguish.

This is just a suggestion and I am asking for both member and staff opinion on this issue I have just brought forth.

Thank You,
Misoir

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

I agree completely. It is unsettling to the eyes to have more than one forum for each color category.

It throws me off and adds a sense of chaos and its unorganized looking.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
I wonder if the color-blinded visitors might have a difficult time reading the darkened text colors to the ATS site. The color contrast should be readable to all audience, by the way.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   
I must agree~ I am having a really hard time with the colors and topic color groups. If you are going to do it this way, I feel like each topic should have a different color.. and there are too many topics for that .I feel like the icons really helped navigate ATS.
Hopefully this is just a temporary thing .

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   
It took me a long time to get used to the new formatting. It is getting more and more difficult to sort through all the nonsense threads on this site.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   
You know, when I first saw the color bars I was reminded of a Rubik's Puzzle Pen I had as a kid

Is each forum going to get a color? Is this temporary to see how it works?

Was there a particular reason to remove the icons?

Sorry for all the questions, I'm just curious about the change

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

yes i agree, i liked the icons a lot better than the color bars, i thought my pc went goofy then i thought no must be ATS just to see if i am paying attention... er what was i saying ?
on aside note , if you the page master do keep the lines bars , nice colors BTW could you at least make them a we bit wider, just a thought.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Lol... well, can't please everybody. I dig it. I liked it pre-2010 updates (the old ATS board) and I still like the color coded forums, now. Personally, hope it stays like this.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   
I kind of like it, the pastel rainbow is quite calming, maybe it will help dissipate some of the anger

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   
I like the idea of the colors and how they look in the design, but I think it could be implemented better. Right now I'm not really sure what they stand for. Like I see it's based on the forum that the thread is in, but I don't know why a bunch are purple, a bunch are yellow, etc.

Ideally I would hope to have like, gov't-centered conspiracies like banking stuff, false flag/police state stuff, etc. be 1 color, alien/ufo/space be another, bigfoot type stuff another, and so on. So like say if you come to ATS to read about 1 topic or another topic, it makes it easier for that stuff to stand out in the list.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   
It's really not that complicated?

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by ayoss
Right now I'm not really sure what they stand for. Like I see it's based on the forum that the thread is in, but I don't know why a bunch are purple, a bunch are yellow, etc.

Look here: www.abovetopsecret.com...
Note the sub-forum breakdown ...

edit on 25-1-2011 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   
I dont like it i thought the color scheme was to label threads from least to most important (red being important) LOl its not only uneasy to the eyes its also confusing!

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   
It is really UgLy..

I dont like it at all...

bring back the Icons for threads..

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Didn't we just get the forum icons a short time ago? Why another change? I love ATS and appreciate SO and his crew giving us the forum, but this is a bad change. It looks like a 7-year old girl took over the admin computer.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Wow... ironic.

The outcry over the loss of the color-coded headlines on the recent posts page was one of the more hotly-contested aspects of the transition to the new design.

Nearly every page in the new design scheme (especially the new site home, and thread pages) have seen a significant rise in page views -- except the recent posts page. Additionally, there's been a moderate increase in "page abandonment" (ONLY on the recent posts page) where visitors begin loading the page, then give up before it finishes rendering in the browser. With all the icons, it had become the "heaviest" page on ATS... given the data, a change was needed.

The colors correspond the the color-coded icons on the board home.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Oh no, I like it. It makes me think of CHRISTMAS all the time. Year round.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

The colors correspond the the color-coded icons on the board home.

I have never actually noticed that they all shared the same colors before, I guess I should pay better attention...

Maybe just give this some time, it might grow on people. I am just not exactly the best person at accepting change. Just give it a week if you notice negative feedback and results then I would definitely think of looking into alternative ideas.

edit on 1/25/2011 by Misoir because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by starless and bible black
Oh no, I like it. It makes me think of CHRISTMAS all the time. Year round.

Lmfao no we dont want that

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   
I personally like it better without the icons and instead text with color.

..but the colors being used. Horrible.

Sup with the Pink? I thought it was Breast Cancer day for a second there.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join