It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Got tattoos? Sorry, you're not allowed to work for us

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Call me a prude if you want,but....

I see tattoos as an indication of someone who is not satisfied with themselves,or needing to fit in with others who have them.

Neither trait is a desirable one...

And then there is the pain issue,people are supposed to avoid that pain stuff...

I have no tattoos,and have learned that it is wise to avoid people who do over time.

I know that not all people with tattoos are no good,but....

I have just learned that it's best to avoid.

You choose to do what you want,you must think about the long term effects/results.

Shortsighted people tend to be generally dangerous.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by chiponbothshoulders

Hmmmm, sounds as if you may live life under a rock with an attitude like that. Are you the type of person who is afraid to get out of bed in the morning?

Tattoos are a way for people to express themselves and should stop being viewed from a 1950's perspective. Times have changed. Trust me, when your old and wrinkled (if not already) the people without tattoos will be the minorities. I'm 31 years old and easily 9 of 10 people I know have at least ONE tattoo if not more, and this includes men and women, some of them with very important, 6 figure salaries. I guess they shouldn't be working for the DoD or Government though because they have tattoos and that means they must be either evil or unable to think of the future/consequences; at least according to you.

For the LOVE of the higher power, climb out of your little box and don't judge ANYONE by anything except for their words and actions, NOT whats painted on their bodies.

edit on 25-1-2011 by Imightknow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   

I think you raise some good points.

People with tattoos always complain about being judged, but fail to realize that the ability and need to judge is part of human survival. It's what keeps us from making lions and monkeys pets, and keeps us away from the suspicious looking man standing on the corner with shifty eyes.

So, it is true that people who get tattoos must have a tolerance to extreme self-inflicted pain, which I agree, is not attractive, especially on a woman. I don't know if I want such a woman to be the mother of my children.

Also, it can be said that getting a tattoo is an impulsive act because though you agree with the message the tattoo sends now, you are not taking into account how you will feel in the future. For instance, getting a tattoo of your baby's father, when your baby's father might not be around a year from now, and you might be in love with another man later in life.

I don't think I would want to have an intimate relationship with a woman who has the name of another man tatooed on her shoulder.

Logically speaking, since people with no tattoos don't get rejected for having no tatoos, and people with tattoos sometimes get rejected for their tatoos, then getting a tattoo means you are looking to go from not being rejected to sometimes being rejected...Which means you want rejection on some level.

Agree?

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Imightknow

Sorry my opinion offended you.

Glad you justified my way of thinking.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by windwaker

Yes,I do agree.

I find it extremely humorous when people see me strolling around without a shirt,and ask me why I don't have any "Ink".

I just smile and walk away.

I smile,and think "Duh".

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Clear logic. Let's use the strip-club scenario:

If I have 20 dollars in my pocket and two strippers that I don't know want to give me a lap dance. They anatomies are completely identical, except that one has tattoos and the other doesn't.

They are both available to give me a lap dance, and they both approach me at the same time. They both have equally pleasing personalities and lap dance skills.

Which one would I get a lap dance from? The one with tattoos or the one without?

Please be honest.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Also, in 30 years if tattoos are so prevalent that people ask an un-marked person why they DON'T have tattoos, then you must ask yourself. Do you really want to live in a society like that?

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   

id tell em both to convince me who deserves my dollars, if that dont work then they can do a double and split the bill how they choose , either way my time is ticking and i can use that bill to buy a drink,

but in all honesty , your example sounded like a pascals bet ,

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by windwaker

So, it is true that people who get tattoos must have a tolerance to extreme self-inflicted pain, which I agree, is not attractive, especially on a woman. I don't know if I want such a woman to be the mother of my children.

Agree?

No, I don't. You don't think giving birth is more painful than getting a tattoo?

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Clear logic. Let's use the strip-club scenario:

If I have 20 dollars in my pocket and two strippers that I don't know want to give me a lap dance. They anatomies are completely identical, except that one has tattoos and the other doesn't.

They are both available to give me a lap dance, and they both approach me at the same time. They both have equally pleasing personalities and lap dance skills.

Which one would I get a lap dance from? The one with tattoos or the one without?

Please be honest.

Tattoos like all art are subjective. I've seen some tattoos that are very nice and enhance the person they adorn, I've seen others though that made me question the person judgement. The OP is somewhere in the middle to me but being that he was going to work at an oil change place I can't see how tattoos would be an issue (unless there had been issues with gangs).

Anyway let me also add, because I am Gay, that I found your test scenario pretty funny.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by chiponbothshoulders
Call me a prude if you want,but....
Shortsighted people tend to be generally dangerous.

Frankly, I'd say those who make sweeping generalities are more dangerous than folks with tattoos because their minds are made up. Punkt.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

You must be Inkt.

Inkt!.

Nuck Nuck.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by zerbot565

I have experience with strip clubs.

The "convincing" idea might work, if you don't offend them outright with the request. But I can tell you that strippers don't split twenties. And to use the money for a drink is to avoid the dilemma. (You can get a drink for much cheaper at any bar, but you are at a strip club for a specific reason, to be entertained.)

I once got a lap dance from a stripper with a Baby Phat logo above the crack of her butt. It was cute, but I was a little bothered by the fact that she had a corporate logo tattooed on her. I'm not even a fan of Baby Phat. So it was instant judgment.

link   
Heh, i feel your pain OP, i got # for having long hair and gauged ears.

Needless to say, i found a great job, and got to keep my long hair and gauges, because its illegal in my area to fire someone due to appearance.

I will agree with some others though, i think its pretty obvious that tats on the hand can be bad because you can't cover them. I always wanted a triforce on my wrist, but i just can't do it, i know it will just cause problems.

I also used to have my lips pierced, i still wish i could have it done again, but its near impossible to get a job, unless its taco bell or hot topic.

link   

Originally posted by sh1fty

Agree?

No, I don't. You don't think giving birth is more painful than getting a tattoo?

acturly females endure less pain when taking a tattoo due to their biology , has something to do giving birth,..

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Without.

I tend to bail out of a strip club if the dancers have tattoos.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by sh1fty

But the pain from giving birth is not self-inflicted. Childbirth is part of the human condition, and necessary for the survival of the species.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Imightknow

Couldn't have said it much better. I can understand the guys opinion to a certain extent, like some dumbass tattoo of a grim reaper that some guy found in a tatoo book at the shop moments before they got it.

I am still inkless, namly because of work, but i would love at one point 4 tattoos, 3 are bands, granted it would be like a walking billboard, i don't care, those three bands mean a lot to me, music is my thing, and those artists somehow express my same feelings, so its like i have a mental bond to them. The other of course, would be the triforce, due to it being a big part of my childhood.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by chiponbothshoulders
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

You must be Inkt.
Inkt!.
Nuck Nuck.

True...but that is pretty incidental to your statement. One simply can't generalise. You may have your prejudices, but that doesn't mean that they are accurate in any way. Tattoos are trendy, yes, and the web is full of stupid ones...always good for a laff. But if you categorise me on the basis of a little ink, you will be wrong.

What good does that do you?

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by doom27

Tattoos are representative of psychological scarring.

I can't get why some cannot see that music is just another money thing.

Those bands only talk that talk to get your allowance.

So many are in self destruct mode,no wonder it's such a mess.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join