It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

16 rise from dead in brazil floods

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by plejarenchrist

yes but my question is this while it didnt take `that long`, the description still shows it took a bit of time as the bodies started shaking etc, ie the whole thing may have taken 20/30 seconds but definatly didnt take half a second ie blink and youll miss it, so my question is why wasnt it filmed, somebody MUST HAVE HAD a camera fone

And I couldnt agree more with you. But we werent there. In the article it seems they didnt have much time regardless when the people were waking up. It was automatic chaos. Imagine that moment you see a rotting corpse shaking and coming to while everyone around is either dead or screaming, shouting, crying. Must have been one hell of a moment witnessing that. I dont think capturing the moment on film or camera wouldve been my 1st thought......

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by WeBrooklyn

I'm wondering if the people who raised the dead were Catholic or not.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I am a strong believer in God, and I hate to be a skeptic. I would need to see a bit more proof of this. It doesn't need to be concrete,but some follow-up with the docs involved and individuals that came 'back'. As to the lack of info on the net: They are in a major crisis over there. A huge region suffering a natural disaster. I think it will take time for anything to be sorted out.

Not a miracle? Just what would your definition be? To me, one soul saved is a miracle, the birth of a child, the opeing of a flower. But, that is just me.
Someone rising from the dead? I would think that might fit just about anyones definition!!
edit on 24-1-2011 by westcoast because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   

First off great find if its real,for me the jury is still out more info is needed,But I would like to talk to one of the zombies,as long as they dont want to eat my brains:p.But really this is amazing stuff,I would love to here more on what the experienced when they were deceased??? This is so twilight zone

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by 547000

I'm wondering if the people who raised the dead were Catholic or not.

I didnt even bother to think if they were Catholic or Christian etc.

I just thought people with a love or closeness for god attempting or making this happen.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

I am a strong believer in God, and I hate to be a skeptic. I would need to see a bit more proof of this. It doesn't need to be concrete,but some follow-up with the docs involved and individuals that came 'back'. As to the lack of info on the net: They are in a major crisis over there. A huge region suffering a natural disaster. I think it will take time for anything to be sorted out. Not a miracle? Just what would your definition be? To me, one soul saved is a miracle, the birth of a child, the opeing of a flower. But, that is just me. Someone rising from the dead? I would think that might fit just about anyones definition!!

Thats what I've been looking for. A follow-up, interview, medical report, SOMETHING.
I also think that, once things settle down there, something or someone might come forward...
I didnt want to use the word miracle because of the topic, I just wanted to let the poster know that miracle or not, it was alot more than "not that big a miracle" or what I read it as "not a big deal"

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Suspicious ultra-religious site posts doubtful claim of 16 unknown village people with no names and no photos, no videos of any interview about raising from the dead by the holy spirit.

Yeah riiiiight.... praise the Lord... sure whatever...

Just blinded "believers" who want to hear some support for their religion, when we all know its just a scam...

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by ufoyoshi

First off great find if its real,for me the jury is still out more info is needed,But I would like to talk to one of the zombies,as long as they dont want to eat my brains:p.But really this is amazing stuff,I would love to here more on what the experienced when they were deceased??? This is so twilight zone

Yes!!! I would love to know what each of their experiences were, if all the same or different. Who they met or saw. If this is true, that is fascinating. It probably would also mean that the guy who saw darkness and crying wasnt behaving too well before this happened.....

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   

I've been recently considering if Catholicism is God's church or not. The many miracles attested to the saints and eucharist, for example, make it seem that way. I had an experience of invisible stigmata, but I didn't believe Catholicism is the way then though. I'd like to know if they were Protestants or not, if only the church founded on Peter is the way, or if all churches are blessed. Praying to Mary and making statues and stuff of heavenly things and kneeling before them is one of the main things there which make me feel uncomfortable.
edit on 24-1-2011 by 547000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Heckren

Suspicious ultra-religious site posts doubtful claim of 16 unknown village people with no names and no photos, no videos of any interview about raising from the dead by the holy spirit. Yeah riiiiight.... praise the Lord... sure whatever... Just blinded "believers" who want to hear some support for their religion, when we all know its just a scam...

Thats cool, I would still like to keep an open mind until something proves if this is real or not. With everything that is happening, things that have happened, and things we already know is possible but sounds out of this world or impossible.....I'd like to be sure before completely dismissing it.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by 547000

I really dont know much on that, I wish I did and Im trying to understand it now....

but growing up and even now If I went I would feel uncomfortable kneeling in front of a statue or praying to one...

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by WeBrooklyn
reply to post by Heckren

Thats cool, I would still like to keep an open mind until something proves if this is real or not. With everything that is happening, things that have happened, and things we already know is possible but sounds out of this world or impossible.....I'd like to be sure before completely dismissing it.

Please... this "miracle healings" are always same story, either a cancer or other illness, that is miraculously healed by a God, because there is no other way... such assumption would be plausible if our understanding of human body would be complete - which is not - by far.

Why is there no regrown limb, or something that cannot be explained any other way...

All "miracle healings" are mostly placebos or there was nothing with person at all..

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
While truly awesome and miraculous, this shouldn't come as a surprise to believing Christians:

"As you go, proclaim this message: ‘The kingdom of heaven has come near.’ Heal the sick, raise the dead, cleanse those who have leprosy,[a] drive out demons. Freely you have received; freely give."

Matthew 10:7-8

Praise God! He continues to work, though this is sadly a rare sight in our culture. Perhaps the internet/smartphones will allow a pampered Christian like myself to see something like this in my lifetime.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Does everybody not recognize a publicity stunt and a fake story when they see one?
Just curious...

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Maybe they weren't technically dead to begin with. With all of that chaos there might not have been a lot of time spent determining that the people were actually dead, especially if there were a ton of them. Maybe they were in comas and they woke up?

Just throwin' that out there...

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I'm Brazilian, living in São Paulo right now, have been following media news as always (every day), specially about the floods because I have some friends on risky areas.

16 coming back from the dead?
Not a single word about this on any Brazilian media outlet that I am aware.

So, this could mean two things:

1- story is a hoax, religious propaganda... the Evangelics (... I like to call them 'radical Christians') are on the rise in Brazil and most of the miracle stories (within Christianity ) comes from these guys... this could be just one more story.

2- story is true, but there's a MAJOR conspiracy to cover this up (?).

I like to believe that both are possible, though I tend to believe that the first is more likely.

Peace
edit on 24-1-2011 by Sator because: to call things by their real names.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Ok star and a flag and I have to remain skeptical for now, as it comes with the territory I frequent.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sator

It doesn't have to be a major conspiracy. One look at the reactions on this message board where people are generally open to believing strange phenomenon - imagine the reactions of editors in a news room. Without video and medical evidence, this might get a slot in the "wacky news" section at the end of the broadcast/page 8 at best (which would probably be in poor taste after a devastating flood).

I'd certainly like to see proof, and am willing to consider that it could be a hoax - but that said there is nothing contrary to Biblical teachings in this story, and certainly not beyond the reach of God.
edit on 24-1-2011 by timepolarity because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-1-2011 by timepolarity because: grammar/clarity

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by timepolarity
and am willing to consider that it could be a hoax

Why would you not immediately recognize this as a hoax?

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by timepolarity

Originally posted by Sator

It doesn't have to be a major conspiracy.

Yes it has.

I understand nothing on the Mainstream News, when you have no proof, as you pointed.
But not a single word on any blog? Even those who have a religious taste, say nothing about this story...
Not even on the tabloids? Or radios?

That's why I said "major conspiracy".

Peace

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join