It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Domodedovo airport: Blast rocks Moscow's main airport

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Let's see how Putin and Medvedev and the rest of the Duma use this to expand their power.Sadly,any disaster you can expect to see some politician looking to take advantage of it to further their career and push an agenda.Look at Tuscon.

edit on 113131p://1726 by mike dangerously because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by mike dangerously
Let's see how Putin and Medvedev and the rest of the Duma use this to expand their power.Sadly,any disaster you can expect to see some politician looking to take advantage of it to further their career and push an agenda.Look at Tuscon.

edit on 113131p://1726 by mike dangerously because: (no reason given)

Moscow gets hit by a major terrorist attack at least once a year.

When, in the last decade, has the Russian government ever assumed new authoritan powers after being attacked by terrorists?

They started a war over sketchy terrorist attacks during the 90s. A lot of people believe that this was the work of the FSB to create a reason to invade Chechnya, and I think that's a fair assumption to make. However, I really don't see why the hell people think the FSB would be killing their own people, IN THEIR OWN CAPITAL IN MODERN TIMES, when they face real terrorism produced by two bloody wars in Chechnya and supported by very real CIA, Georgian, and Islamic extremist elements?

Russia is not the US. Russia's 9/11 happened in the 90s and in effect, the 9/11 false flag operation was just a copy of the effective operation to justify invading Chechnya during the 90s.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   
I think that this somehow could be connected to Mossad because of Dmitry Medvedev visit to Palestine. Here is the video showing the moment of a blast:

edit on 25-1-2011 by danieliusk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Retaliation for a arms deal gone bad? I'm sick of people thinking that they only attack for religious rite. There people you call "terrorists" are just criminals. Nothing more, nor nothing less.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by baked
Retaliation for a arms deal gone bad? I'm sick of people thinking that they only attack for religious rite. There people you call "terrorists" are just criminals. Nothing more, nor nothing less.

It's always been Chechen rebels. The rebel elements here are terrorists because they are conducting the definition of terrorism against the Russian government and people.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu

Originally posted by GoldenFleece

Originally posted by maloy
I already voiced my opinion that I consider both of those attacks, just like the one in Moscow to be real terrorist attacks. I have not seen any proof to lead me to think otherwise.

Then you haven't looked. Typical. The implications are probably too upsetting.

Here's a hint: WTC 7 and the Pentagon.

I'VE looked. I've looked deeply. 9-11 was neither an "inside job", nor is it the topic of this thread.

Good lord, it looks like fantasies are as prevalent as false flag attacks!

This is a real gem right here folks.

"it looks like fantasies are as prevalent as false flag attacks!"

What does this mean? No really, what does it mean??

Both cannot exist at the same time!

If fantasies exist, than false flags do not exist (the false flags are our fantasy- we make believe it).
If false flags exist, than it's not a fantasy (because we were right that it was a false flag).

But our fantasies and false flags are equally prevalent? What???

Either we are fantasizing the false flags, or the false flags were not fantasies.

I am just showing the illogical nature of what we are dealing with here.
The indoctrination runs VERY DEEP.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   
My condolences to the innocent victims of a barbarous terrorist attack. Regardless of who sponsored the attack, it was a terrorist attack. I wish the Russians the best in not just serving justice to the sponsors of the attack, but vengeance for the innocents that were harmed. Justice by itself does not fill the empty void for the loss of loved ones.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   
I was in Grozny less than a month ago. There is no way you can all jump to the conclusion all Chechnyans are terrorists. I was invited into the home of a family who had little to nothing and given hot food and great hospitality. To say "flatten Chechnya" is ignorant and disgusting. I live in Moscow, and am obviously concerned about what is happening, and immediate action is needed. But you can't jump to such radical conclusions. You sound no better than Nazi Germany. Kill all the Jews!

Some of you people are gross.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   

War is a strategic and focused struggle against an armed organized faction, government, or military.

Terror is indiscriminate attack against civilians who not necessarily associated with any armed faction, government, or military.

Thank you for finally agreeing!! Too bad you don't realize you just agreed !!!

War is a strategic attack against an armed organized faction (The Russian Federation).
Therefore today's bombing is War.

Terror is an indiscriminate attack against civilians who are not necessarily associated with any armed faction, govt or military.
Therefore ALL WAR IS TERRORISM.

Remember when you said this?????

Unfortunately when it comes to criminals being in other countries or in control of other countries, collateral damage is unavoidable. We can all turn a blind eye and pretend live in peceful lala land where there are no wars, or we be realistic and approach it pragmatically.

Collateral damage is unavoidable. You said it yourself.

Due to collateral damage, any act of warfare will inadvertently involve innocent people.
Therefore ALL WAR IS TERRORISM.

So now maybe you can understand why what you did to Chechnya was unjustified in every possible way?
Because this airport bombing was EQUALLY unjustified in every single way???

Because BOTH the airport attacks and the bombing of grozny were TERRORIST attacks of warfare meant to frighten the enemy and force them to capitulate?

Russia bombed Grozny to force them to capitulate and surrender.
A Chechen bombed Russia today to force them to capitulate and let Chechnya be free.

One more thing.

Unfortunately when it comes to criminals being in other countries or in control of other countries,

You clearly admit that Chechnya IS a country here. Freudian slip.

Should the allies not have bombed Berlin in WW2 by your reasoning?

You gotta be kidding. Chechnya = Nazi Germany in WW2??
Chechnya almost took over Europe???
Chechen army was on the outskirts of Moscow???

Thank God you pushed those Evil Chechen Nazis back to Chechnya! They almost took over the world!

Hindsight is 20/20. It wasn't the best analogy after all was it.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by RustyShakleford92
I was in Grozny less than a month ago. There is no way you can all jump to the conclusion all Chechnyans are terrorists. I was invited into the home of a family who had little to nothing and given hot food and great hospitality. To say "flatten Chechnya" is ignorant and disgusting. I live in Moscow, and am obviously concerned about what is happening, and immediate action is needed. But you can't jump to such radical conclusions. You sound no better than Nazi Germany. Kill all the Jews!

Some of you people are gross.

I am trying to show them the error of wanting more death.

I want them to know that taking revenge on todays terrorist attack will lead to another bombing of Grozny.

I want them to know that by attacking Grozny more terrorist attacks will happen in Russia.

If they do not LET IT GO and FORGIVE, this tit for tat war will Never end.

It's looking more and more like Israel and Gaza all over again isn't it??

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

I totally agree with what you say. This whole conflict is disgusting. Slavs are Russian and Caucasians are Russian. They technically live in the same country and can't get along.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Moscow Airport Bombing: Prime Suspects are Chechen Networks Backed by NATO Intelligence Circles
[Translate]

Webster G. Tarpley
TARPLEY.net
January 25, 2011

Recent causes of US-UK animus towards Russia include the Khodorkhovsky verdict (the US position being that a finance oligarch that rich should of course be above the law), the inability of NATO to foment a gas crisis this winter, President Medvedev’s endorsement of a Palestinian state (re-affirming the 1988 decision by the USSR), and Afghan President Karzai’s visit to Moscow, where he created the premises for a long-term post-NATO strategic relationship with Russia including the Salang tunnel, hydroelectric plants, and a Turkmenistan-India gas pipeline the US has been seeking to block. Also worth noting is that, in a recent Wikileaks document dump, the impotent gaggle of marginal Russia opposition figures assembled by Obama’s lightweight NSC Russia director Michael McFaul demonstrated a special desire to oust Chechen President Razman Kadyrov, a Putin ally. Are their alleged human rights concerns only a cover story for their fear that Kadyrov is actually suppressing NATO-backed terrorism in Chechenia?

Tarpley.net

The above is one of the most likely scenarios in my opinion.You have a Gladio-style attack and then Russia and Afghanistan have begun to form some kind of strategic relationship and proposing an alternate pipeline...Interesting times indeed.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Some of you people absolutely make me sick. Less then 24 hours from the explosion and we are already speculating how the Russian Government is killing it's people. Admittedly, there is a high probability of this (it wouldn't be the first time), but unlike Ryazan there is absolutely no proof, eyewitness reports, or news stories with gaping holes as of yet. I know it's difficult for a conspiracy theorist, but I think everyone should wait a good week before coming up with a hypothesis. Stop, think, gather sources and evidence and then chase the white rabbit. Many of you have this insatiable desire to turn everything into a worst case scenario. I understand your desire to expose the puppet masters, but the smoke hasn't lifted yet... and at least 30 people are dead. What you are doing is thoughtless, stop and wait.

As for you, yes you, the Russians: I have a caveat for you. Beware the nationalism, the rhetoric, and above all else: the rage. I explicitly remember the days after 9/11, I was in 4th grade and I remember what the kids were saying, "Those evil afghanies, we should just nuke 'em" and you know what, YOU SOUND EXACTLY LIKE ELEMENTARY SCHOOL CHILDREN! We are adults now, and two wars later we know what our government did. They lied, they played off our emotions like Nero's harp. 2,996 people died on 9/11 and our response was 10,000+ dead (both sides). The emotions have cooled, the dust has settled and we are able to look dispassionately on the situation and you know what? Things don't add up. Conspiracy theories aside, two buildings are still missing from the NYC skyline, civil liberties have been thrown away, and there is a growing pool of blood and absolutely nothing has been solved. Now to all of you who harbor vengeance in your hearts, I want you to look at the death toll of terrorism and response to terrorism, look at every damn number not as a numeral but as a human life with parents, children, love, a childhood, desires, hopes, and dreams. What do you mean you can't? Too many? Don't want to think about those terrorists as people? You were so casual with your declaration that this cannot go unpunished. Surely you can come up with a reason for why every last person had to die for this "justice".

Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth: 39But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also. 40And if any man will sue thee at the law, and take away thy coat, let him have thy cloak also. 41And whosoever shall compel thee to go a mile, go with him twain. 42Give to him that asketh thee, and from him that would borrow of thee turn not thou away. 43Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy. 44But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; 45That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust. 46For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same? 47And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more than others? do not even the publicans so?

If you meet war with war all you have wrought is more death. Instead, why not break the cycle and become an exemplar? The person who set off that bomb was in darkness as is the person who sent him. Nothing can be done for the dead, but hope remains for the living. The person hunched over a half made bomb hates you and wants you to die, but tomorrow can't he change his mind? Every day brings hope for redemption, but if you kill that man, he has no more days, he died hating you, because you hated him also. Hating someone that doesn't hate you is hard and awkward, and you have to be a pretty wicked person to hate someone that loves you.

To all of you "good people" that harbor hate: these militant Islamists feed off of your hypocrisy. People appreciate those that practice what they preach and the militant Islamists do exactly that and that is how they draw followers. So be a light to their darkness, have righteous intent as well as action. Then maybe after we all bury our dead and mourn together, we can put our swords into plowshares and leave the death cycle behind.

2And he opened his mouth, and taught them, saying, 3Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. 4Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted. 5Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth. 6Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled. 7Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy. 8Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God. 9Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God. 10Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

edit on 25-1-2011 by kallisti36 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Only the Islamic fundamentalist can commit this kind of crime. Everybody seems to have already kind of numbed down on attack by the Islamic religion. I think Islam should be banned from the world. This is what Mohamad had taught you to do if you become a Moslem.

He killed more people after dead than while alive. No condemnation can be heard for the killing from any Moslems either. Despicable Conspirators !!!!!

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 02:29 AM
link   
You know what.....i'm getting tired of lawlessness...on this planet...going without punishment! I am tired of seeing EVIL run amuck. It's more than time, for the evil-doers of this world, to feel God's wrath...and i PERSONALLY want to see it happen....WITH NO MERCY.

Make NO MISTAKE ABOUT IT......all the blood spilled on this land....WILL BE HEARD; as it screams to the heavens....AND GOD IS LISTENING!!!! Believe that!!!

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 02:38 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Terror is an indiscriminate attack against civilians who are not necessarily associated with any armed faction, govt or military. Therefore ALL WAR IS TERRORISM.

Terrorism is an INTENDED indiscriminate attack against civilians. Unintended collateral damage in war which the warring side is trying to minimize as much as possible is not terrorism.

Was allied attack on axis powers terrorism?

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by notsoperfect
Only the Islamic fundamentalist can commit this kind of crime. Everybody seems to have already kind of numbed down on attack by the Islamic religion. I think Islam should be banned from the world. This is what Mohamad had taught you to do if you become a Moslem.

He killed more people after dead than while alive. No condemnation can be heard for the killing from any Moslems either. Despicable Conspirators !!!!!

really? maybe you should google: 'lavon affair' , or: 'king david hotel bombing' to see how utterly wrong you are

and it is spelled: Muslim

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by kallisti36
Some of you people absolutely make me sick. Less then 24 hours from the explosion and we are already speculating how the Russian Government is killing it's people. Admittedly, there is a high probability of this (it wouldn't be the first time), but unlike Ryazan there is absolutely no proof, eyewitness reports, or news stories with gaping holes as of yet.

Wait, so let me get this straight. You acknowledge that just like the Ryazan FSB scandal and the Moscow apartment bombings, there's a "high probability" that the Russian government is killing it's own people, but anyone who points this out "makes you sick."

You are correct, at this point I have no evidence one way or another, but tell me, what's more sickening -- a government that would bomb hundreds of it's citizens for political gain and justification to invade Chechnya -- or anyone who says if the Russian government would blame Chechens for it's own murderous acts, they'd have no qualms about doing it again?

Isn't this a bit like saying if the American government and it's entire Joint Chiefs of Staff would approve a false-flag terrorist plan like Operation Northwoods (not to mention Gulf of Tonkin), then it's sickening to conclude that the Bush neocons could've pulled off 9/11?

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 06:07 AM
link   
There is a lot of discussion and theorising about "false flag"operations by the FSB,CIA or whomever.
However if you look at the strategic and economic importance of the North Caucasus Region to Russia;

The northern oil pipeline coming from Kazakhstan, carrying the oil from the Tangeer and Mangyshlak fields, passes through North Daghestan and Chechenia and reaches the seaport of Novorossisyk. Daghestan is also a gateway to the Caspian Sea for the two main Russian ports situated there, Makhachkla and Derbent.

Without going into great depth on the calls for independance of the Chechens,Ingush and Ossetians,which is for another post,in simple terms for the reason noted above,Russia CANNOT grant indepence to the Daghestan region,the Chechens are well aware of their capability to disrupt Russia economically. They have tried to make it political also by highlighting Russian "atrocities" in the region to the international community which did not bother Putin in the slightest,this is an internal Russian matter,of course there are scenes of burning Chechen vilages and towns with dead civillians after Russian air and ground assaults(I believe that the US would call this collateral damage?),and of course Chechnya cannot respond in kind,but their chosen method of reprisal cannot be countenanced.If Chechen rebels are proven to be responsible for the Domenodovodo attack,Medvedev may,to a certain extent, wish to avoid further escallation of conflict in the Dagestan Region and may call for limited punitive attacks on known rebel strongholds ,however,it may be more likely that Putin will drive this one forward and literally bury Chechnya once and for all.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by baked

To be fair I can not imagine a person blowing themselves up over a sour arms deal. Planting a bomb maybe.
edit on 25-1-2011 by tarifa37 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join