It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Domodedovo airport: Blast rocks Moscow's main airport

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by maloy

Bravo, Its about time. I could not have said it any better my Russian friend.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
I wonder how many of the killed and injured were foreigners, since this attack did take place in the international arrivals hall. It is fairly uncommon for Chechens to specifically target non-Russians. On the other hand that particular arrivals hall in Domodedovo is always packed with people and an easy target where damage can be maximized.

One thing I have to ask is how many attacks will it take for UK to recognize the Chechen extremist factions as terrorists, and hand over that piece of **** Zakayev who UK is safely harboring in London. He was a field commander of a terrorist faction, and continues to be one of the most senior ranking figureheads. This is making UK appear more and more hypocritical, as they are supposedly themselved involved in War on Terror.

Many Russians see this as a huge embarassement to the UK, and a major obstacle in any improvement of relations between Russia and UK. Maybe this attack will draw a little more attention to this issue, especially if there are Western Europeans nationals killed or injured.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by VneZonyDostupa

Do you have a single source or the slightest bit of proof that Yuri Tkachenko recanted anything? Of course not -- Tkachenko remains adamant about his findings and testimony. I'm afraid you're the one who's fabricating "facts."

From History Commons:

February 20, 2000: Ryazan Bomb Was Real, Local Police Tell Independent Newspaper

In its February 14-20, 2000, issue, the Russian newsweekly Novaya Gazeta reports that Ryazan police officers insist that the bomb they uncovered and defused was real. On September 22, 1999, a bomb was discovered in the city of Ryazan, about 100 miles south of Moscow. After the chief bomb suspects were discovered to be FSB agents, the government claimed the bomb was a dummy and the incident was a training exercise (see September 22-24, 1999). But the bomb-squad officer, Yuri Tkachenko, is adamant that it was a professionally-prepared, military-style bomb. He defends the accuracy of his sophisticated gas-testing device which identified the explosives as hexogen. The article provokes much comment in Russia but is ignored by the government. (Satter 2003, pp. 29)

www.historycommons.org...

So is Yuri Tkachenko an "enemy of the Russian people" too? Isn't that the phrase Stalin used?

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Likely Chechans.

Suicide bombers have struck in places ranging from Moscow to New York, to Israel, to Egypt to Pakistan and damned near every corner of the world.

For whatever reason, we identify them by their nationality or ethnic preference.

Why?

What do the Moscow bombers have in common with the New York bombers, the Pakistan bombers, the Israel bombers ad infinitum?

What do they all have in common?

What drives and directs their destructive actions?

Forget the terms "fundamentalist" or "radical" as that doesn't cut it.

What do they all have in common?

What exactly has basically declared a war on mankind?

Manifested in such a manner?

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoldenFleece
reply to post by VneZonyDostupa

Do you have a single source or the slightest bit of proof that Yuri Tkachenko recanted anything?

Absolutely. Of course, the source is in Russian, so feel free to use an online translator, or have someone translate for you.

Source

In his statement, Tkachenko admits that the explosive vapor detector was not used, despite his claims he used it and detected RDX. He also recants his statement that the explosive equipment was professional-grade and ready to use...he instead admits that it was dummy equipment and was not wired.

Even further, the soldier who claimed RDX was being stored in sugar bags at a military base admitted that this was a lie, an attempt to feed into the attention Tkachenko was getting.

Why can't you just work within the confines of reality? Why do you have to make things up?

edit on 1/24/2011 by VneZonyDostupa because: (no reason given)

edit on 1/24/2011 by VneZonyDostupa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
The reports of the Russian stock market falling on the news did not follow through to the New York markets. The Dow Jones closed up over 100 points at 11,980.52. Its not exactly a smoking gun but Wall street must know something we don't?

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by GoldenFleece

Listen - if you are so hung up on this conspiracy theory about the FSB, then try and explain one thing. Why would the FSB need to do this? It is not like the Chechen terrorists were quite for years before that and Putin needed an excuse to start the Second Chechen War and boost the election rankings. Just prior to that there were other apartment bombings, where the Chechens stated it was them, and then there was the attempted invasion of Dagestan by a Chechen militant group.

So what purpose would this serve for the FSB?

That conspiracy theory has been discounted many times, and I strongly question what agenda anyone has who clings on to it with such determination.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anttyk47

Originally posted by RisingForce
Hmm aren't russia helping iran to enhance their nuclear technology ? could it be a false flag to get russia in on the war or to stop them helping iran ? after everything that's going on with iran recently it woudlnt' surprise me if they pulled off a big false flag to blame on extremists

Americans bombing the airport pretending to be Iran? Sounds very very very very plausible.

after 911...who knows whats possible.....

kx

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bordon81
The reports of the Russian stock market falling on the news did not follow through to the New York markets. The Dow Jones closed up over 100 points at 11,980.52. Its not exactly a smoking gun but Wall street must know something we don't?

Take a look at how many times the major indeces were up or down 1% in daily trading during the last year. Now consinder if each of those times indicated a conspiracy theory smoking gun, or simply if that is what routinely takes places in the stock market. And the Russian stock market rarely has any noticeable impact on the US markets.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
pointless violence....

heres the moment of the explosion captured by a security camera. Its the second video on this page: Link

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by maloy

I'm not hung up on anything and I don't know who's responsible for the Domodedovo blast, but it's been proven beyond a reasonable doubt that the FSB was behind the Moscow apartment bombings, which led to Putin's election and the devastating invasions of oil-rich Chechnya. FSB agents were caught red-handed (so to speak) planting the exact same military explosive in the Ryazan apartment (RDX or hexogen) that destroyed the Moscow apartment buildings. Sorry, but any government claims that this was a "training exercise" are simply ludicrous.

What would be the motive? Well, here's a little blurb from the Associated Press:

Russians still look to the tough-talking Putin as the leader they trust to guarantee their security, and Monday's attack was likely to strengthen the position of the security forces that form part of his base.

How much do you want to bet that because of this tragedy, Putin is elected again?

edit on 1/24/2011 by GoldenFleece because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
don't get me wrong. my sympathies go out to all the victims but i was struck watching the brief footage shown by the thought that it all looked kind of staged. i know i will get grief for this but that was my impression. i remember when tony blair was in trouble coming up to elections. up pops four muslems with four bombs and low and behold, popular support rallies around tony and he is re-elected.(attacks were staged by the british government-the only possible conclusion after viewing the evidence). this tactic may also sound familiar to some american readers. now more and more people are questioning whether or not people were really killed by these staged events. certain governments and politicians are members of a boys club. remember britian was best buddies with the u.s. until blair got the boot and cameron took over. now its vivre la france and amour for c.i.a. sarcozy. this could be an effort to keep the boys club together with difficult elections looming in russia and precedent showing the rallying factor of an apparently deadly attack. i for one have learned something from 9/11 and 7/7 and that is not to trust any media. again my profound sympathies to any genuine victims.

......just watched the link. am more worried now. witness claims the bomb detonated right behind him and he escaped completely unharmed with someone elses blood on the back of his head. how could so many people be killed and injured when he, who was at the bombs epicentre, walks away unharmed.i'm sorry but something is fishy to me. is it me or does the whole thing look somehow unconvincing. no offence meant..
edit on 24-1-2011 by pshea38 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
It was said on the local news station here that this bomber had walked into the airport arrivals area with a suitcase "that was on fire" before it exploded.........Wouldn't you think that having a suitcase that was on fire create just a little bit of attention to yourself??? Maybe enough to have someone call security???? Never mind trying to blow up a plane by going through the front door of an airport. I was wondering when this was going to happen. I had noticed this the last time i flew. Security at the airport boarding the plane was tight, even tighter now. But what about people arriving at the airport???? you could pull up with a truck load of T.N.T. and nobody would stop you....Well, up until now anyway...........I'm never going to fly again....this event is going to be another nail in the coffin for the airline industry....You won't be able to get in or out of an airport without some kind of intrusive search...............

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   

reply to post by maloy

I'm not hung up on anything and I don't know who's responsible for the Domodedovo blast, but it's been proven beyond a reasonable doubt that the FSB was behind the Moscow apartment bombings

You clearly do not know what "beyond a reasonable doubt" means. Proven by whom? When? And you are saying you are not hung up?

which led to Putin's election and the devastating invasions of oil-rich Chechnya.

Oil-rich Chechnya? Again you prove that you have no idea what you are talking about. Chechnya never had large oil resources - it was a transport and refining hub for Caspian and Azerbaijan oil.

FSB agents were caught red-handed (so to speak) planting the exact same military explosive in the Ryazan apartment (RDX or hexane) that destroyed the Moscow apartment buildings. Sorry, but any government claims that this was a "training exercise" are simply ludicrous.

You are just going in circles. Read what was posted by the other poster who already replied on this subject matter.

What would be the motive? Well, here's a little blurb from the Associated Press:

Russians still look to the tough-talking Putin as the leader they trust to guarantee their security, and Monday's attack was likely to strengthen the position of the security forces that form part of his base.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

How much do you want to bet that because of this tragedy, Putin is elected again?

Not everything written in Associated Press is true ir accurate, This is simply a quoted opinion by someone who may or may not know anything about the events. As I said - the Chechens accepted responsibility for the other bombings prior to that, and the invasion of Dagestan by Basayev and Khattab was enough to warrant military action by Russia. Are you going to say that the incursion into Dagestan was an FSB operation as well?

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by ARNOMANNN
It was said on the local news station here that this bomber had walked into the airport arrivals area with a suitcase "that was on fire" before it exploded.........Wouldn't you think that having a suitcase that was on fire create just a little bit of attention to yourself???

If this story is true, it is most likely that the fire was seen just seconds before the blast. It may be related to the triggering mechanism for the explosion, that can fuse for a few seconds.

Originally posted by ARNOMANNN
Never mind trying to blow up a plane by going through the front door of an airport. I was wondering when this was going to happen. I had noticed this the last time i flew. Security at the airport boarding the plane was tight, even tighter now. But what about people arriving at the airport???? you could pull up with a truck load of T.N.T. and nobody would stop you....Well, up until now anyway...........I'm never going to fly again....this event is going to be another nail in the coffin for the airline industry....You won't be able to get in or out of an airport without some kind of intrusive search...............

Yes, this is an obvious secuirty gap at mass transport hubs like airports. But then the same could be said for any large gathering of people in unsecured premises - parades, sporting events, concerts, etc. You can't put checkpoints everywhere.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by maloy

Do you know the history of said Caucasus nations?

Sure I do . Giving that I actually am a Circassian Genocide leftover .

If you did then you would know it is not as easy.

I agree that it ain't easy but then again I have never said it would be easy either .

For countless ages (until mid 19th century) the Chechen mountain tribes have terrorized the entire region.

This is true to an extend but not entirely true .

All of the people of the Caucasus (Georgians, Azerbaijanis, Ossetians, Turkik ethnicities, Russians, Adygs, Kazaks) have their struggles and run-ins with Chechnens well documented in history books and stories.

Come on now , Vainakhs are not as bad as you are making them out to be .

Chechens historically survived by attacking and plundering others, and taking slaves from neighboring peoples and making them work.

This is true but it is has been taken out of context . Besides , attacking and plundering your neighbours is not a Chechen speciality , is it now ?

All of their neighbors are to this day afraid of their utter ruthlessness and banditry.

Everyone is afraid of bandits in Caucasus that's for sure . But those bandits are not always Chechens nor any of the other Caucasian natives either .

Caucasia is full of small nations who has witnessed the outsiders come and go thru out the centuries and milleniums .

Russians have only been in Caucasia for a relatively short time .

Well you will say - surely today it is different. Sadly - no it is not. I personally have lived in North Caucasus, and I know from experience that little changed in terms of culture and society for the Chechens. Given the freedom, they will want more and more. They will want slaves since they don't like to work, and they will want money since their sh*thole of a republic has nothing of value - and both they will seek externally. This is what started to happen when they were de-facto independent from 1991 to 1994, and again from 1996 to 1999. Just read up on attacks on Ossetians, Dagestan, and ethnical cleansing on Russians who lived in Chechnya.

This summary is somewhat correct-ish but yet doesn't do justice to what is being discussed . If Dudayev was not assasinated , the whole of Caucasus could of been controlled in a better manner .

And you may say that not all Chechens are like that. True. But a majority is, and that majority would no doubt be in charge in the region was independent.

If there was no outsider in Caucasus , the Chechens would not be in charge of anything other then their own land i.e Chechnya .

I think you are making too much of the Chechen aggresion .

You need to consider that Chechnya was never an independent country.

you need to watch Eddie Izard's comedy . Especially the one about having a flag .

They were never an organized societies with laws.

This is not correct . Caucasian Culture is almost 5000 years old in Maikop and beyond . The way in which the Caucasian society was organised is not suitable for emperialistic ambitions .

Before there was Russia, they were a collection or constantly warring village tribles, whose main business was war.

Seriously , When I visit the buildings which my ancestors built 1300 years ago , I do feel a pride of some sort .

Caucasian war path was a way of living , I do not expect you to understand it .

Warring village tribes ?

Pee-eeh , I give you that .

I am not a fan of calling others savages, but that is the only word that fits these people - I speak from experience.
edit on 24-1-2011 by maloy because: (no reason given)

" Circassian traesure rueful dreams.
Circassian hearth is their supreme,
but freedom,
freedom for the man is more than peace and Motherland."

Savages ?

Really , that is how you see the caucasian natives ?

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by pshea38
......just watched the link. am more worried now. witness claims the bomb detonated right behind him and he escaped completely unharmed with someone elses blood on the back of his head. how could so many people be killed and injured when he, who was at the bombs epicentre, walks away unharmed.i'm sorry but something is fishy to me. is it me or does the whole thing look somehow unconvincing. no offence meant..
edit on 24-1-2011 by pshea38 because: (no reason given)

These Islamist Terrorist factions in Russia are know to favor the bombs that are loaded with nails and metal bearing to maximize damage. This way the heat explosion itself does not need to be as large, and not as much explosive material is needed - just enough to propel the metal pieces to fatal velocity. People relative close to the epicenter may survive if someone or something else is between them and the explosive - thus absorbing the sharpnel. Plus if the explosion was behind the said witness - he has no way of knowing how far away it was. It may sound much closer than it is.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I agree with all the economy comments people have made, and also there is the added factor that now the whole country is on hight alert/military control, in order to give the impression of stability.

"Russian President Dmitry Medvedev called the bombing a terrorist attack and immediately ordered additional security at airports and transportation hubs around the country. Moscow police went on high alert in case of additional attacks." edition.cnn.com...

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by agentofchaos
Idk whole thing stinks of CIA and espionage, but I guess we'll have to wait and see. Anyones else espionage sense tingleing or is it just me?

I see now that peoples espionage sense were tingeling.
edit on 24-1-2011 by agentofchaos because: (no reason given)

You gotta be kidding me.

When was the last time that the CIA, or any other state's intel agency, was involved in a suicide bombing?

Not a normal intel agency M.O.

We know who DOES employ that M.O., though....

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by 23432
Sure I do . Giving that I actually am a Circassian Genocide leftover.

Are you referring to the deportations of the 19th century? So are you now in Turkey?

Come on now , Vainakhs are not as bad as you are making them out to be .

How bad they were I can't say, but compared to all of their neighbors, I would say they are known for their savagery.

This is true but it is has been taken out of context . Besides , attacking and plundering your neighbours is not a Chechen speciality , is it now ?

No it is not. But they continued the tradition into modern times, by restarting the practice with renewed vigour in the 90's. You don't see any other Caucasus people hunting for and keeping slaves, and proudly proclaiming the fact. I would say that of all Caucasus ethnicities, Chechens were the only ones who refused to adapt to civil societies and modern non-extremist laws.

Everyone is afraid of bandits in Caucasus that's for sure . But those bandits are not always Chechens nor any of the other Caucasian natives either .

True, but the chaos that started in the 90's was started principally by them. All of the others started to trickle in and join in the criminal festivities later. All of the principal figureheads were Chechen at that point.

Russians have only been in Caucasia for a relatively short time .

And yet the circumstances are such that Russia was the first to introduce modern civil society, and relative order and stability to the region. The Abkhaz, Georgians, and Armenians benefited from the end of the lawless mountain tribes to a some extent too. There has been no nation there before - what nation or nations can you make out of them now, without having them all tear at each other untill nothing is left?

This summary is somewhat correct-ish but yet doesn't do justice to what is being discussed . If Dudayev was not assasinated , the whole of Caucasus could of been controlled in a better manner .

Are you kidding me? Dudayev was completely delusional. He thought that they would have themselves a nice little Kuwait-like kingdom with flowing gold. All the while others were already using him and the de-facto independence to push through their own violent agendas - interested in spreading the conflict as far as the eye can see. Even before Russia moved in in 1994, Dudayev has lost his grasp on reality. Non-Chechens were being cleansed out of the region, there was no law, and he who had the biggest guns made the rules. By the time he was killed, he was already nothing more than a symbolic figurehead. The conflict was truly headed by Basayev, Khattab, Baraev, and other extremist warlords who weren't really focused on independence. And Dudayev had countless enemies among Chechens and other neighboring ethnicities as well. He was absolutely useless as a leader in anything other than military tacticts - there is no way he could have managed a civilian nation.

If there was no outsider in Caucasus , the Chechens would not be in charge of anything other then their own land i.e Chechnya .

And how do you explain Basayev's constant adventures into neighboring regions? Was he not a Chechen? Chechnya was not self-sustainable. It would not have survived as a nation, especially being isolated like it is. The separatists quickly understood that to survive they must spread war and lawlessness as far as possible.

This is not correct . Caucasian Culture is almost 5000 years old in Maikop and beyond . The way in which the Caucasian society was organised is not suitable for emperialistic ambitions .

There is no single Caucasian Culture, but Chechen culture was that of the sword. Sure they were organized - into villages whose business was planning the next raiding party, sometimes on other Chechen villages. They were militant cultures, and were not sustainable in the changing world. They weren't alone to be absorbed into the empire - many other ethnicities kept their religion, tradition, culture, and land - and today prosper as autonomous regions within Russia.

Seriously , When I visit the buildings which my ancestors built 1300 years ago , I do feel a pride of some sort .

I am glad that you do. But I don't see where you draw the relation between Circassians and Chechens of today. What happened to Circassians was wrong, but they had the backing of the wrong side of the constantly warring empires. Modern Chechen conflict has little to do with the wars of the 19th century. From the very beginning it was a vehicle for personal agendas of the criminals in charge.

Caucasian war path was a way of living , I do not expect you to understand it .

Oh believe me I understand. I have some Cossack background.

" Circassian traesure rueful dreams.
Circassian hearth is their supreme,
but freedom,
freedom for the man is more than peace and Motherland."

And yet man must learn to live with others and respect their freedom if he and his concept of freedom is to be accepted.

Savages

Really , that is how you see the caucasian natives ?

Only those that live up to the name.

edit on 24-1-2011 by maloy because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join