It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is It Strange That FEMA Wants to Buy 140 Million Packaged Meals with a Shelf Life Only 36 Months?

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

Now, I read the actual request by the Homeland Security and FEMA and what you are trying to say that was acutally said is so untrue. I will not go into Pants On Fire. You must be a gov, stuge to put this up. Here is the actual post by the Federal US Government. I will be on here all night if I have to keep posting the actual Gov site on this .

www.fbo.gov...

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by alyoshablue

Oh, thank you, I am so right in the middle of this my emotions get is the way of logic. Thanks you said it better than anyone tonight. If the earth shakes my neighbors and I have gas, money, bags packed, food to get out of here. I just worry about the ones that don't.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Living in an area affected by the New Madrid fault, this raises red flags for me. I recall in 1989-90, there were predictions that we, in the St. Louis area, were going to be rocked by a big earthquake. The local media urged us to create emergency kits with a battery-powered radio, extra batteries, flashlights, bottled water, blankets, etc. I was six at the time, and I remember having nightmares about earthquakes due to the enormous amount of coverage on the topic. Well, 1990 came and went. The past 20 years have seen only a few mild quakes (in the 3.0-4.5 range), where minimal damage was reported.

Anyone else in the New Madrid Seismic Area remember these dire predictions that were so easily gobbled up by the media?

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
reply to post by burntheships

I am no geologist as you know, but had a vision several years ago of this happening in the Midwest.

As I was reading this thread I was contemplating whether or not I should post about my knowledge of the upcoming events. Then I came along your post and decided to go for it. This is directed towards anyone willing to listen/read whichever. It may be a bit out there and hard to swallow but I promise you these things are going to happen whether you deny it or not. Please take this information as a warning and do what you can to prepare. Things will be tough but only for a short amount of time.

To begin the FEMA facilities are simply refugee camps. The coffins are for any casualties of the disaster. No one will be gassed, burned, or tortured in any way. People will even have the choice to go.

From what I have been able to piece together the first thing to happen will be the lhc going postal and destroying geneva. With that I dont really know what happens between that point and this next one other than something really bizarre that involves the gov lying to the world. Now we get to the real reason I am even posting this. The New Madrid fault will be an extremely violent event . The area where I live( Illinois/ Wisconsin stateline) will literally be torn apart. With lava creeping out of fissures, repaving the landscape. Providing a hellish lifestyle, survivable, but hellish.

At this point if you managed to get through the post without rolling your eyes and moving to the next, you are probably asking yourself how I could possibly be posting this information with any sincerity. Well being the savvy individual that you are I am sure you noticed antar's quote at the beginning about his vision. So that leads to the fact that yes I too have had visions of our future( well basically my future most were from my viewpoint). yea yea yea to some visions are worth as much as a wet dreamlol, but in my case i strongly urge all to understand that i have had multiple visions/dreams come true down to the minute detail, move for move, action for action. Also I never dream( or at least remember anything) unless it is something that is going to happen. Now to avoid derailing this thread with any derogatory comments and what not please direct all fodder right on this waylol

good night all
PEACE
JC

Also antar I am curious to know if you have any native american in you. also do you mind going into detail about your vision.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Through a comprehensive evaluation process, the exercise will assess response and recovery capabilities both nationally and regionally. The exercise is designed to validate the following capabilities:

* Communications
* Critical resource logistics and distribution
* Mass care (sheltering, feeding and related services)
* Medical surge
* Citizen evacuation and shelter-in-place
* Emergency public information and warning
* Emergency operations center (EOC) management
* Long term recovery

Sounds like they're stocking up and only expecting a 1 in 4.43 survival rate. (There is an estimated 31,035,689 people living in on the New Madrid Fault as of last years census yet the rations are for 7M) Check out the bold items above. The listed open bids below clearly fall under those "Exercise Objectives"

Open bid for 210M litters of water (www.fbo.gov...)

Open bid for 14M MRE's ...(www.fbo.gov...)

Open bid for 7M survival blankets (www.fbo.gov...)

Open bid for transitional shelters (www.fbo.gov...)

Everyone has already said it but - look at what happened last time they ran an "exercise" of this magnitude. 9/11

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by coolottie

Yeah, coolottie, don't sweat it. After diving heavy into all these conspiracy subjects, I feel I have become more grounded. The trick is not to buy into the swell of fear that can often getcha reading through these threads. Also, not to buy into fear in general.

The best anyone can do is to be reasonably prepared for whatever they think may happen - and that goes along with even so called normal disasters (disaster literally means ill-starred; not to stir that pot). That means have the 5 G's: Grub, Guns, Gas, Gold, and Ground. While that is more investment advice, it applies to persevering a big crises as well. With respect to having gold, just have something to barter with. With respect to owning ground, as in investment advice, take it to mean - know what ground is safe. Sounds like you have this covered.

On the flip side, I think it would behoove people to also be spiritually centered - or whatever that translates to you to mean. Think about it ... best case scenario is that - as some claim - we ascend. Worst case, you are tolerant and cooperative with others such that we can band together to make it through. Just think about it, if enough of us would make it through, we can find the air shafts of the elite bunkers and close them off.

edit on 24-1-2011 by alyoshablue because: Typos

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

its not weird at all.
36 months is a long time. They have lots of employees. 140 million packs of food would only last a few years.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
First off, Coolottie, you need to stop drinking the Koolaid, the link you keep posting is an RFI, a request for information. Not a purchase order. Second, you live in an area that may or may not have a catostrophic event. It could happen 5 minutes from now, or it could happen 500,000 years from now. No different than the San Andreas fault or the Yellowstone cauldura, or any other geographically unstable area. FEMA shot themselves in the foot by not being prepared when Katrina hit. Now it doesn't matter what they do, it will look wrong to someone from some aspect. They are simply asking for information from suppliers for amounts, timeframes, costs etc. I do agree that living in an area that could go ballistic at any moment is reason for concern and you should be prepared. But ranting over and over that they ARE buying these supplies, when the facts in your own link suggest otherwise is not doing you any good.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by DGenR8

Welcome to ATS DGenR8,

I noticed that was your first post? Interesting perspective.
edit on 24-1-2011 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by alyoshablue

I could just hug your neck, faith is to know that no matter what you will be able to see it through. You reminded me of what is important. Thank you so much and HUGS.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by sjrily

Originally posted by burntheships

Originally posted by dnvrliz

Simulate ??? As far as I can recall whenever we simulate or have a drill it usually comes true shortly there after.

After September 11, and when I learned they were having a simulaiton that day...
- I will never think the same way again.

And weren't there "going-ons" just before Haiti and the BP spill?

And also the morning of the London underground bombings as well - do we see a trend here? Exercises and reality blurring??

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Ha if I could say something......maybe they are just trying to employ gov't favors. Haliburton is owned by dick cheney and maybe he is needing some pocket change..... hence making some MRE's for the masses via tax dollars. I have noticed that people who wanna get exorbently rich make their money via gov'ts. Microsoft with faulty registrys and oil subsidies etc...... It may have been leaked publicly because it gives a sense of proactive measures to the masses to calm the distressed cows(by distressed cows I mean the people of the USA). If the world ended today so be it.......my soul will live on

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Maybe it is not about the Madrid Fault, but more about the Emergency it'self.

The location is merely up the list of likely locations to justify the 'Expressions of interest'

Below is an excerpt from Prof Peter Dale Scott article titled The Doomsday Project, Deep Events, and the Shrinking of American Democracy published 22nd January 2011

Since World War Two, secrecy has been used to accumulate new covert bureaucratic powers under the guise of emergency planning for disasters, planning known inside and outside the government as the “Doomsday Project.” Known more recently (and misleadingly) as “Continuity of Government” (COG) planning, the Doomsday Project, under the guiding hands in the 1980s of Oliver North, Donald Rumsfeld, Dick Cheney, and others, became the vehicle on 9/11 for a significant change of government.

This package of extreme repressive power accumulated under the guise of the Doomsday Project can be referred to as Doomsday Power. In concrete terms, the repressive power developed to control the rest of the world is now, to an unprecedented extent, treating America itself as an occupied territory.

What I mean by “doomsday power” is the package of repressive mechanisms (which I have discussed elsewhere under their official name of “continuity of government” or COG plans), that was prepared over two decades by the elite COG planning group, and then implemented beginning on 9/11.

The package includes 1) warrantless surveillance, 2) warrantless detention, (including unprecedented abridgments of the right to habeas corpus), and 3) unprecedented steps towards the militarization of domestic security enforcement and shrinking of the posse comitatus acts.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Why is FEMA asking for only enough product to provide seven million people. NMFL separates the whole EAST COAST. Do they already know the exact place of where the most damage will be? I'm so confused about this I will just have to go with [WAIT AND SEE]. Next thing you know someone will say it is only a reason for stock supply to send the ELITE into space to survive a world wide catastrophe.

Why are no other precautions being put into place? If they have a hint as to disaster looming in the near future why wouldn't this be a national emergency!?!?
I do think it's strange FEMA only wants One Hundred and Forty Million packaged meals being the NMFL can effect up to Forty Six Million people.
edit on 25-1-2011 by MITSwagger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships

Is It Strange That FEMA Wants to Buy 140 Million Packaged Meals?

No it's not. Well, not unless you don't mind another "Heck of a job Brownie!" moment.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   
I am also confused as to why this is even related to www.fbo.gov... A way to profit from disaster? I don't think so.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Wish I had 102 Flag's. NOT!
edit on 25-1-2011 by MITSwagger because: NOT!

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 04:28 AM
link   
When I was in the Military, we received "C" rations with ten-year shelf-lives, except that they were 15 years old. They said although they were not tasty(and believe Me, they weren't!), but they were U.S. Army certified as edible. I know that MRE's generally have a ten-year window of consumablility, so if you think of a two-week durational catastrophical event, this would allow feeding for ten million victims for up to two weeks, with a ten-year storage outer duration of consumables. This is not unreasonable, but they need to work on 20 year MRE's and save a few bucks.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 05:31 AM
link   
I think everyone getting on coolottie's back is unfair as she is not just trying to prove the point of the acquisition of the 140 million food packs. She is talking about the strange goings on in her area, birds, animals not around. In any warning sign of natural disasters the animals etc... are the first sign that something is amiss?
All accounts from others in the area of this fault point to a potential disaster with the increase in earthquakes over the past month, the plans everyone is making, hoarding food, water etc.... not everyone is thinking conspiracy, they live there, so they know what is going down?
Coolottie also has inside info on certain stuff and is being watched most probably by the authorities? She is one brave lady to come on here and put herself on the line to warn you all about what is going on?
I am puzzled as to why it is a short shelf life for the food requested as there are more durable supplies as others have said on this thread? Maybe the food requested is not for ordinary people but the elite, people in the Ark, etc... who would not eat the Army rations and want something a lot more refined? Anyone have an idea what menu is on offer?

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 06:09 AM
link   
So a federal emergency response organization is prepping in case they need to respond to a potential emergency.
Sorry, this is evidence of what exactly?

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join