It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is It Strange That FEMA Wants to Buy 140 Million Packaged Meals with a Shelf Life Only 36 Months?

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
This is the request for information from the DHS website

Notice the words at the top of the page "RFI for Pre-Packaged Commercial Meals". RFI = Request for INFORMATION. Not RFP - Request for Proposal. It takes at bare minimum 9 months for the government to put together a procurement plan for a large scale procurement - most of the time that turns into a year, sometimes a year and half. The steps are: request for information, procurement plan development, request for proposals, short list vendor meetings / interviews / facility visits, vendor selection, and then the actual procurement. This looks like the beginning of a preparedness campaign to me not an imminent need.

The following questions are put forward to interested parties:

1. Please specify the type of organization responding to the questions (i.e. small business, large business, industry association, etc.) If a small business, please specify all Small Business Administration socioeconomic programs under which your organization qualifies.

2. Does your organization have a product available that meets all the specifications above?
If the answer is "Yes:" What is the country of origin?
If the answer is "No:" (a) Can your organization produce such a product? (b) What would be the product lead time? (c) What country are the manufacturing plants located in?

3. Can your organization delivery the product to a specified location within a 24 hour period

4. Please provide an implementation plan for critical delivery orders and delivery surge orders.

5. What states do you already have contracts in place with to provide these types of products?

6. Please detail the type of meals and quantities you can provide for each day following a disaster.

7. Please provide alternatives to the meal specifications that your organization can provide.

8. What type of delivery schedule would your organization recommend for the meals?

9. Does your organization have the capabilities to deliver products directly to FEMA's CONUS Distributions Centers?

10. Can your organization track deliveries from point of origin to point of delivery?

11. What is your lead time for delivery once FEMA has placed an order?

edit on 24/1/2011 by Iamonlyhuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
This is a curious thread and maybe I missed it, but why go this route when surely FEMA (and the government in general) has access to an unlimited supply of MRE's (meals ready to eat), the same that feed the military in the field and for which there are already contracts established? In fact, MRE's are easily purchased nearly everywhere and there seems to be no shortage of them.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by superteve

Alright dude, how about you go back and read through the thread. It's odd that they're buying so much for a "drill," and I've never heard of them doing a "drill" where they evacuate people before. Got it?

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

would you like an interesting read please see the post by abraxes on the post listed as [what do you really believe is going on . incredible read.the poster is picrat
edit on 02/13/2008 by picrat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by apodictic
reply to post by superteve

Alright dude, how about you go back and read through the thread. It's odd that they're buying so much for a "drill," and I've never heard of them doing a "drill" where they evacuate people before. Got it?

They're not buying it for any drill within a year to a year and half. They aren't even buying it yet. See above.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by gringoboy

Oh, God Bless you. 6 years ago I wrote a book about what is happening now. The State Police picked me up at the request of the FBI and I had been working on the fact the 2 nukes were brought into the US and also the fact that these people were not Al Qeada Terrorists, but inside traders on the market passing info on what stock to buy. Also to buy shorts of the General Mills company, Taco Bell, that all over the Northeast were hit with e-coli poison. All of my post to this site has been changed, if this is then just shut my mouth.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
OMG! The worlds going to end in 36 months! Jesus....what a bunch of spooks on ATS.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

Gotcha

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
I stumbled across this video while looking for information it was uploaded Nov 13th 2008.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Nope, not strange at all. Remember, FEMA is a government operation. Buying meals with a short shelf life is the sort of stupid move that the US Government is known for.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by apodictic

Gotcha

Oh... I had to read twice more...
got it.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Thats how I understood it..

anyway, I hope that if they DO buy that, they give it to our own homeless since our food pantries are bare. I mean, just because Obama throws champagne and lobster parties in the midst of a recession/depression doesnt mean its trickles down to the homeless and hungry.... and the working poor middle class barely eating to keep a roof over their heads.

end rant.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by picrat

That is an interesting theory, and you are not alone in thinking that.
Actually makes much sense, and the RFIs fit right in there...

Look at the news, the bombing in Moscow, Iran sails tankers, Obama veto issue on Israel and Palestine.
China, etc.

It could all smooth out...watch and wait.

edit on 24-1-2011 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

pawned the previous poster with that the retort

As some people have said, the fact there is a drill/exercise coming up is scary. Deja vu?? Exercises on 9/11, and the London Tube bombing ring any bells.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by SneakySleuth911
As far as the shelf life? 36 months AKA 3 entire years is a long time. As much as research has begun to tell us preservatives are not the greatest things to ingest, I think that 3 years is plenty time of shelf life. Maybe we could start freaking out if there were giant underground cities with large scale ecosystems in place to nourish us during such an event where 3 years is not enough time (some here on ATS would have you believe such nonsense).

When I first read this, I had the thought that this is just smokescreen ... the earthquake drill, that is. It seems to me that this could be the initial stocking up of all the Deep Underground Military Bases (DUMBs) that are going to be the ARK for the "survivors." Meaning, while all of the elite secretly scurry away to these bases, the food is already there.

As far as 7 million MREs, think of it more like enough for 100,000 people to last a substantial amount of time - three years. After whatever does happen to the earth, three years seems like a good amount of time to make sure the surface people are killed off or population numbers reduced drastically.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Forgive me if I am way off course with this, but reading this thread brought back a story to my mind I read a few weeks ago, I wonder if there is any relation.

If someone already posted this, I apologize, after the 5th page I just had to post this lol.

ew new image coming soon, sorry about this lol

edit on 24-1-2011 by hapablab because: bad picture

well the pic still comes out bad, so here is the link instead, sorry about that folks

www.usgs.gov...
edit on 24-1-2011 by hapablab because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
I GIVE UP, You can bring a horse to water , but you can't make them drink. I will not be on this thread anymore. If you don't get the truth now you never will.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Wait, Im literally 10 miles from lake michigan, how will this affect me, I am looking at a map of the fault zone and its about 300 miles (my own math here and I am bad at math) away from Chicago at the bottom of Mo.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
I could be doing this for every page on this thread because no one reads the actual info. The meals are not for a "Drill" or "Yellowstone Park" , it is Not for just info on where to get this amount, 140 million meals, but for Homeland Secuity and FEMA to actually puchase these meals. reqesting bids. NAS must be all over this web site because everytime you get close to the truth they send everyone off in left field. Go to the actual site:

www.fbo.gov... ode=form&id=eaea338540a0aea155a48a650a077352&tab=core&_cview=0

I probably did it twice. This is a perchase order, not some stand by, which if a company held that many meals and did not buy them would be a lawsuite.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by hapablab

Forget about all the maps that are out there, even in the ones presented in the video. People think HAARP is a precision instrument. Let's look at this logically: (1) If the NMFL is being targeted by HAARP, there is no way to completely predict the outcome with respect to the geography. Especially since the whole crust of the earth is a system. Affecting one fault line has unpredictable consequences. (2) A pole shift could occur at any moment, however, if it did, it would be again very difficult to see how this sloff of crust would rotate or end up.

Now, let's look at what also is happening at this moment, such as what others have posted here. Add that to the fact that D.C. is moving it's critical offices to Utah and Colorado (high elevation). So, whatever anyone thinks, we know that our government is preparing to feed somebody and are taking higher ground. The question is who and when.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join