It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is It Strange That FEMA Wants to Buy 140 Million Packaged Meals with a Shelf Life Only 36 Months?

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Well I read some information 2 days ago that the whole area at Yellowstone park has risen with 25cm, stuff is getting real hectic. But I'm not from the USA so I guess you're all much more up to date with that than me.

I mean they've know all along that is a timebomb sort of speak. But now this happened, it sound at least reasonable to me. But there so many scenario possible.. Though, yeah it really seems they expect something.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by JustinIowa

I agree; though FEMA is truly creepy in the power it wields, I don't see anything odd about an emergency management group seeking supplies for emergencies, before they hit. Seems routine.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Let's say they didn't announce this publicly and somehow (sarcastically) it leaked. There would be a MUCH bigger reaction than if they just put it out there in front of everyone's noses. I just think that if people got word of this and there was no documentation on it whatsoever, there would be a big conspiracy out there. If I'm them I take my chances and just put it out there. Going through the media always seems to work out, more time for thought out answers and even if you give a somewhat shady answer if it doesn't add to the intended story or has some appealing statement, it's not getting printed anyway.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   
what if 'ordering' all of these items is part of the exercise??

just throwin it out there...
like they are making sure they would be able to have these items easily accessible in case of emergency??

i know its a big. IF. heh

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Man, I wish my Mom had not passed away, she worked for Dept. Homeland Security... A "Great" insider, she was a conscious loving and caring person. Bless her. It is stuff like this which makes me miss her protective love even more...

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

I'd say so far this year is one that wont be easliy forgotton.
We can hope it lightens up.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   
After reading the article, it makes one wonder what they are betting on.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by sjrily
VERY interesting...

FEMA "will simulate the catastrophic nature of a major earthquake in the central United States region of the New Madrid Seismic Zone" in May 2011.

FEMA National Level Exercise 2011

National Level Exercise NLE 2011 Private Sector Participation

I'm going to read your links now...

That is absolutely fascinating. I wish I had your research skills. I'm betting they may be onto something and don't want to come out with it.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 03:06 AM
link   
a little

what I want to know is what they do with them shortly before they "routinely expire"

who gets to eat them.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Just a addition to other info www.scchealth.org... Possible reason for preparedness wn.com... each video links in a playlist,very informative.

edit on 27-1-2011 by gringoboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fevrier
a little

what I want to know is what they do with them shortly before they "routinely expire"

who gets to eat them.

They are given to various organizations, Park Services, firefighters, National Guard, etc.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by romanmel

I read your previous post and 3 years would mean they are storing MRE's in a warm place (90F). You can get 10 years out of them you just need to store them someplace cooler like a warehouse that is cooled or is insulated (60F).

In honesty i've had 15 year old MRE's that where stored in a cold room in someones basement, they where filling but tasted like cardboard (I ate them in the late 80's so they where early 70's ones from a Canadian F-5 ejection pack).

Could be I'm not thinking clearly on temperature, where I live hitting 85 in July is unpleasent and we spend 5-6 months a year below freezing or low 30's.
edit on 27-1-2011 by exile1981 because: clarified myself

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Well at least they are taking the future more serious than they did New Orleans. I honestly already have enough canned food to survive about 2 months if I stretched it. I have a feeling that in the future we should all have enough food to survie not being able to buy from a supermarket, or go fast food for a few months as backups. Personally I have a feeling that something is coming, not sure what. But I have a creepy feeling. I plan on having enough water, food, medical, etc to survive a year with my family. With 2012, and other crazy stuff on the horizon. You should too, don't expect FEMA to be giving any of that food to you. Hope for it, just don't expect it. The government is not our parents, they are just people. When it comes down to it, are they going to feed themselves, or give it to those who need it
After a catastrophe, the group with all the food has power. What will you be will to do to feed your family
Will you give up your rights Will you submit

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Fema at it's Best...The oil spill workers left to fend for themselves....Warning..."Graphic material"

Link:www.floridaoilspilllaw.com...

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
I dont know if this is true or not....but my daughter told me that FEMA had three emergencies they had trained for before 9/11...one was a terrorists attack on New York...another was a category 5 hurricane direct hit on NOLA...and the 3rd was a destructive earthquake in San Francisco. Well, we know the first 2 did happen.

Now they are training for a New Madrid earthquake. With the fracking that is being done in Arkansas....who knows, maybe they know darn well they will cause the NM fault line to crack and cause a major eathquake. Just speculating....

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Honestly? No, not suprising or unusual. Part of managing a regional or national disaster is [I]being prepared for one[/I]. Thus, there are many, many scenerios that must be considered. For FEMA to not plan for any number of gruesome, although highly unlikely (didn't say impossible - hence the planning), threat scenarios would be negilgent on a scale impossible to duplicate.

For example, the Pentagon routinely updates attack plans on a very large number of countries - including our allies! The chances most of these plans will ever be used? Essentially, none what's-so-ever. That doesn't mean it isn't prudent to have said plans because, frankly, you never know. Very, very, very unlikely but possible. Nothing to loose sleep over as the odds are so long but, when playing for keeps.......it doesn't hurt to have an attack plan.

Thus, FEMA plans for many threat scenarios. From my perspective, the fact that they (FEMA) are planning for threat scenerious, no matter how unlikely, is comforting.

Just consider the other, non nefarious possibilities.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Hmmm, Let's see at a cost of around $7.50 cents each, (Heater Meals and MREs alike) 140 million meals come to just $1,050,000,000.

Heater Meals are showing up, not just in military garrison areas, but also in deployed areas. Soldiers appear to sometimes like them. They are popular with some long-haul truckers. They may not have as long a lifespan, but they come with a drink and are known to civilians. They are made for civilian -not military purposes.

MREs (Meals Ready To Eat) are made for the military and are frequently in short supply due to the long time they must be in storage at various preparatory stages and the long period of warfare we have been under.

While some might think MRE's are the better buy due to their long shelf life, they probably do not know all the facts. I am not a purchasing agent. But I do know some facts that most people posting before me appear to NOT know. I hope this helps somebody out.

While I am not very trusting of government, in general, I do work for a branch of the government and have done so for a LONG time. I know a few things about the governmental supply system. Actually, I know a LOT about the governmental supply system.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by MasonOrwell

APacks, in a 12 pack, for civilians come in at $69.95. We used them during Hurricanes Ike and Gustav in 2008.
If you buy them by the pallet, prices can drop under $50 a case.

GSA prices would be even cheaper.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Remember also, that the federal government MUST keep the reserve food industry alive, unlike the rest of the USA's industries. If the reserve food industry dies, they will not be able to keep secret government bunkers stocked, at a risk to themselves.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   
I dont trust them. Great response in New Orleans by bringing in mercs. Fantastic dealing with the oil disaster at the gulf by covering up the 24/7 spraying of corexit. Do not trust ANYTHING these rats say or do.

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19 >>

join