It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are they preparing for a PRETEND event near New Madrid fault line?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

This guy says he wants to warn people, but what does he expect them to do?
Store up on extra food and blankets or move away?
Half of Califormia is supposed to fall into the ocean too...
I appreciate his concern, but he is a Fear Junky.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Yes, various governmental agencies are planning "National Level Exercise - NLE 11," from what I can glean from FEMA's website (fema.gov
here is the link: NLE 11 (NLE 2011) @ FEMA.gov website.

Of interest, is the "Strategic Foresight Initiative," and you can read more about it at this link: Strategic Foresight Initiative @ FEMA.gov

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by kimsie

This guy says he wants to warn people, but what does he expect them to do?
Store up on extra food and blankets or move away?
Half of Califormia is supposed to fall into the ocean too...
I appreciate his concern, but he is a Fear Junky.

Well.....put yourself in his shoes. Say you stumble upon information that looks incredulous and we're left to speculate......in which he did, and wanted to share it.

What would you call it besides 'warn' ...?....and from there, the 'warn-ee' is left to do what they can.

FEMA is having an Earthquake Drill in April. Are they fear-junkies too? What would they like US to do? Dig a trench?

I mean there's only so much one can do anyway. I guess being advised is a better word because pretty soon, no one can afford to stock up on food. (have you seen the prices in the past 2 weeks? WTF?)
edit on 24-1-2011 by Human_Alien because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   

I mean there's only so much one can do anyway. I guess being advised is a better word because pretty soon, no one can afford to stock up on food. (have you seen the prices in the past 2 weeks? WTF?)

Sometimes it's nice to know I'm downunder

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
I know that people's "warn" data & vids makes me riexamine and (re visit) my thoughts about God and my soul, and taking for granted my everyday life as it is, presently. So, that can't be a bad thing.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
So who's all signing up to test out the underwater body-bags? Sounds fun ey?

I don't know, people are bent out of shape because fema failed during the Katrina disaster and now fema is trying to plan ahead for possible future disasters and it's a big conspiracy?? Cmon guys.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I am sure everyone has seen the Thread, " Chilling, New air force commercial what does it mean." The we see this Thread. If there are any doubters, one would have to ask, Exactly what more information is needed to believe. Although we know in advance millions and millions are blindly believeing every word their leaders tell them. I think the government relys on the doubters to stay doubters, The Governments plans are to depopulate right?

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stumpjumper

I don't know, people are bent out of shape because fema failed during the Katrina disaster and now fema is trying to plan ahead for possible future disasters and it's a big conspiracy?? Cmon guys.

Yeah, I think people are confusing the 2 things and assuming the items in the request for info are supplies for the drill. They appear to be 2 separate things to me....an earthquake drill and a request for info on where to obtain emergency relief supplies in quantities to help the people in the affected area. I seriously doubt that FEMA wants another failure on their hands, so they're preparing. If they didn't, then as other posters have said, people would be screaming "Why didn't they prepare?" Everytime I need to make sure I have enough emergency supplies, mine includes a case of 2 buck Chuck wine from Trader Joes!

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
If you go to the link in the OP, you will see it clear as day - REQUEST FOR INFORMATION. And RFI is not a purchase order.

I posted this info in another thread, but it applies here so please forgive the double post:

The beautiful thing about earthquakes is that they can be prepared for with minimal damage, loss of human life, etc. Just compare last year's quakes in Haiti to Chile

People who live in "earthquake country" - like around the ring of fire - go through drills often and most people have a plan, stash of water and food, kids are trained in case they aren't home, maps and evacuation plan, etc. Emergency personnel need to be trained too, and kept fresh on response, and of course it can always go more smoothly. This is a really good thing.

I don't think FEMA is worried. They are preparing. This is what they do. Or what we hope they do.

Its the anniversary of the New Madrid earthquakes in 1811-12 (earthquake.usgs.gov...) so a great time to bring awareness to a public who often ignore earthquake preparedness.

In 2008, FEMA released a study examining the impact of a 7.7 on the New Madrid:

"The study, the first of its kind to be conducted on such a large scale, is part of FEMA's NMSZ Catastrophic Earthquake Disaster Response Planning Initiative. It is primarily intended to provide scientific data upon which to base response and recovery planning for the devastating earthquakes that have long been predicted for the New Madrid region, which includes areas of Alabama, Arkansas, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Mississippi, Missouri and Tennessee. "

Full article here:
www.fema.gov...

To download the study:
mae.cee.uiuc.edu...

FYI - blogs.riverfronttimes.com...
"The study commissioned by the Federal Emergency Management Agency found that such a temblor could leave 3,500 dead, 80,000 injured and 7 million temporarily homeless. Particularly hard hit would be St. Louis and Memphis -- the two largest cities near the fault.

The study predicts that Memphis residents could be without water for days if not weeks. In St. Louis structural damage to buildings and homes would be significant.

The Associated Press reports that FEMA is planning on holding a national-level disaster drill in 2011 simulating a big New Madrid quake."

The Great Central US Shake Out is this drill - April 2011
www.shakeout.org...

There are also Great Shake Outs in CA and OR.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack

Sometimes it's nice to know I'm downunder

LOL

Not unless FEMA (are they even operational in Australia?) has a tsunami-drill this Summer followed by a Solar Eruption practice in the Fall!

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by simone50m
I know that people's "warn" data & vids makes me riexamine and (re visit) my thoughts about God and my soul, and taking for granted my everyday life as it is, presently. So, that can't be a bad thing.

Love it when people find good in the bad

You make this whole Yin-Yang existence of ours, make sense!

Thanks! (wish I could be like you though...)

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   

I think the problem is...not many believe our government cares THAT much about us to begin with. Now whether that's deliberate or incompetence, I can't blame 'em for thinking that way.
After all, police are looking for more problems (tickets...arrests...fines....) than assisting us these days.

Hell, if you even go up to a cop here in south Florida, they practically have their hand on their pistol. I know that's an exaggeration but times are changing and changing daily! And I know you can blame society (instead of the LE) but society is a bi-product of the world in which they live. And there's a lot of unrest these days.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I have one of those headaches again today and heard some humming in the area this morning. Mostly reading today.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by prexparte
The Governments plans are to depopulate right?

Ya think???

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by crazydaisy
I have one of those headaches again today and heard some humming in the area this morning. Mostly reading today.

And keep an eye on the behaviour of pets and outside critters, --they-- are the proverbial 'canary-in-the-cage'.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
More evidence of HAARP, Animal deaths, and possible event.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   

They also totally failed with the BP disaster and the 9-11 disaster....

In fact does the USA government suceed at anything....other than deceit?

When you see fema planning for anything, here is a suggestion for everyone...RUN FOR THE HILLS FAST!!!

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07

They also totally failed with the BP disaster and the 9-11 disaster....

In fact does the USA government suceed at anything....other than deceit?

When you see fema planning for anything, here is a suggestion for everyone...RUN FOR THE HILLS FAST!!!

Theres some truth there lol.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Well bite my bunny I didn't know this thread existed. What the heckola was I doing in January? Oh that hurt.

Sooooooo very interesting. I don't know, it just seems so convenient, the timing and everything. It could be nothing, just an innocent anniversary celebration drill. Albeit probably the biggest shin dig they've had to date. Look what I found on one of my FEMA tweets. A FEMA blog. Check it out.

As several of our bloggers have mentioned, the Great Central U.S. ShakeOut is fast approaching. Join over 2.6 million participants in 11 states as they practice earthquake safety on April 28 at 10:15 CDT.
Posted on 4/22/2011 03:27:00 PM

Categories | What We're Watching

blog.fema.gov...

You might have to put your glasses on. 2.6 million as in the letter 'M' "participants". Catch that? Don't mean to come across as overly critical but what's up with the event title "ShakeOut"? I shake out my rugs and I shake out my towel at the beach. What am I missing here? What is FEMA shaking out? Is that some kind of code talk or what?

Anyway I still don't know why they moved the event up an entire month. Do you know? Maybe they have something else more important planned for May 28th or maybe they just thought, hey there's a big fire in Texas and so much severe weather and drought it might be a good idea if we bump this up, give us and the citizens some good practice?

That would be okay. Practice is a good thing.

On a good note, it's awesome that everyone is comin together, it's for a good cause.

Now to go watch the OP vid.

Toni

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join