It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are they preparing for a PRETEND event near New Madrid fault line?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
If nothing else, this guy is doing his due-diligence of researching this information out. Now whether he's right in his assumptions, remain to be seen (or not)

I posted his other video yesterday so this is a new one. So take from it what you will. Like he said, we're just a vessel for passing this along.

www.fbo.gov...

www.fbodaily.com...

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
I was looking at this yesterday and I found this...

New Madrid Seismic Zone Catastrophic Earthquake Planning

Release Date: November 20, 2008
Release Number: HQ-08-250

The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) has an initiative underway with the eight states of the New Madrid Seismic Zone (NMSZ) in the central United States to develop catastrophic earthquake disaster response plans. The NMSZ states include Alabama, Arkansas, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Missouri, Mississippi and Tennessee. The initiative, known as the NMSZ Catastrophic Earthquake Disaster Response Planning Initiative, involves partnerships and collaboration with hundreds of government agencies; business, industry and voluntary organizations; and scientific and academic institutions. It is part of FEMA's Catastrophic Disaster Planning Initiative to conduct analyses and develop plans for mass evacuation, sheltering and response to catastrophic disasters, such as earthquakes and hurricanes.

FEMA Press Release

Besides the RFI for Blankets, there's one for Food and water as well. See links below.

RFI for Pre-Packaged Commercial Meals

RFI - Hydration Supplies for Disaster Relief

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Isn't this a classic case of "damned if you do and damned if you don't"? I mean, I am no expert, but haven't there been a consensus for a pretty long time that something eventually will happen near New Madrid fault line? Or that the Yellowstone volcano will errupt sometime, but no one knows when? (Even credible sources like National Geographic says that: ngm.nationalgeographic.com...) So if you government didn't prepare for that, wouldn't you be pretty pissed of if/when it happens?

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
They gotta make it look like they're doing something to justify their jobs.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I think it's important to keep in mind that these are only "Requests For Information". All this says is that they are looking for possible vendors if such a incident were to occur in order to be ready. If someone could actually find a "purchase order" for these, then I might be a bit more concerned.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I think what makes this different this time is, we have a faulty sea floor now thanks to BP.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Of course the government is planning - because they DO know something is going to happen on the New Madrid fault or San Andreas or Yellowstone.....these places are ticking timebombs. But I wouldnt be complacent and not prepare to take care of yourself! It would not be prudent to think that a gov't agency will swoop in and save you if any of these events were to happen!

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stan71
I think it's important to keep in mind that these are only "Requests For Information". All this says is that they are looking for possible vendors if such a incident were to occur in order to be ready. If someone could actually find a "purchase order" for these, then I might be a bit more concerned.

Let's hope you're correct and let's hope the MASSIVE animal die-off is just..............coincidencal too.
I'm all for that

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by HoldTheBeans

Really? Since when?

Apparently their kinship, DOD, can lose 1.7 trillion dollars and it mattered nothing ----to anyone.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

I'm hoping it's all just coincidence... I have yet to see any hard evidence that says "Head for your bunkers!"

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   

reply to post by Human_Alien

I'm hoping it's all just coincidence... I have yet to see any hard evidence that says "Head for your bunkers!"

Hard evidence is only good when we know what clues we're looking for.
We don't have any experience to draw on unfortunately.
That's why some people trust and embrace others like Edgar Cayce who....called this to happen.
It's all unsettling no matter how you flip it.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien

Originally posted by HoldTheBeans

Really? Since when?

Apparently their kinship, DOD, can lose 1.7 trillion dollars and it mattered nothing ----to anyone.

Good point

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I dont think there is anything pretend about this....

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   

I have a local ufo/paranormal chatforum which has a video on this page, and the narrator says that purchases have been going on for something "By the 26th"??? I hope this link works right, here goes.
ufo-info.com...

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
In regards to my previous above forum link: Scroll to second post....
edit on 23-1-2011 by simone50m because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by youthsavior

Im sorry, if they are preparing, then yes there is something going to happen, and I do believe VERY Soon. One of there meters has gone off, one of their alarms have sounded off, and they are actively looking for vendors to help in CRISIS mode!..... These agnecies have the top of the top technology that can detect certain signs and geographical information to warn them... Holy hell guys...

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by youthsavior
I dont think there is anything pretend about this....

It's like NORAD doing their 'pretend' drill the morning of Sept 11th and perhaps it's that ALONE...that makes us not trust them too deeply. That did it for me anyway.

And the documents the OP acquired are NEW ones.
FEMA purchased or are requesting these items recently.
I thought this country is in financial ruins? Do we really have extra money for 'blankets' for 'pretend' scenarios?

Actually, I'm surprised they'd even care if we were warm or not (well not me. I'll need one of those water-body-bags).

These items are probably for American Express Elite I betcha!

We can only imagine how chilly those DUMBs might actually get!
edit on 23-1-2011 by Human_Alien because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by simone50m

I have a local ufo/paranormal chatforum which has a video on this page, and the narrator says that purchases have been going on for something "By the 26th"??? I hope this link works right, here goes.
ufo-info.com...

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
Please login below or register an account with Thresholds Radio.

You're SUCH a tease

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
I live in Kentucky, and this area will be heavily damaged if this thing decides to go off. I for one am glad that they are preparing. A couple of years ago, we had that "once in a lifetime" ice storm. Over 3 inches of ice. Trees and power lines, shoot, power poles were laying everywhere... we were without power for nearly 3 weeks, some longer than that and in the dead of winter. Stores were out of kerosene, and that was the ones that had generators... FEMA came in with food, water, sanitary supplies, fuel, blankets... they went door to door checking on people! They were great! I can not complain!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join