It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Back to Nibiru?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by heineken

Brad Carter, Senior Lecturer of Physics at the University of Southern Queensland in Australia, claimed yesterday that the galactic blast could happen before 2012 – or any time over the next million years.

y did he even mentioned 2012???

He doesn't. Here's the original article:
News.com.au

The article is atrociously written.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   

i read somewhere its nickname of God of War was given to him after this event

Correct; humans had not yet evolved.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Not fear.

Hype.

There is a distinct difference, although both can be similarly abused.

Fear is what Mayura is spreading.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001

Brad Carter, Senior Lecturer of Physics at the University of Southern Queensland in Australia, claimed yesterday that the galactic blast could happen before 2012 – or any time over the next million years.

y did he even mentioned 2012???

He doesn't. Here's the original article:
News.com.au

The article is atrociously written.

sry dude..but lso this article seem weird..

The infamous red super-giant star in Orion’s nebula - Betelgeuse - is predicted to go gangbusters and the impending super-nova may reach Earth before 2012, and when it does, all of our wildest Star Wars dreams will come true.

may reach Earth before 2012...u see..it faulty..if it does go bang it will not reach in time...why they said this???

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   

i read somewhere its nickname of God of War was given to him after this event

Correct; humans had not yet evolved.

u know the date the canyon was produced?

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus

Not fear.

Hype.

There is a distinct difference, although both can be similarly abused.

Fear is what Mayura is spreading.

i know what you mean..but for me its fear i'm feeling unless you can read my emotions from there

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   

No-one can be sure how old the canyon is, but a rift valley that large must have formed over millions of years.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Is noone else seeing this? Coincidentally as more and more reports come in of 'Nibiru' sightings, they claim a supergiant is going to blow around '2012' or maybe in a million years. There's a lot of articles popping up about this supergiant out of nowhere that it could blow around 2011-2012, or in a million years. So when Nibiru is actually seen in the sky when the chemtrails can no longer block it (it can be view in the very high arctic where it's not chemtrailed) then people will just say 'oh it's that star that blew' and they can continue on with their egotistical and materialistic life.. It's genius yes, but sad. This'll show the 'elite' that we humans can believe anything then once this shows up and the 'star blows up' and we'll be mocked considerably. It's going to blow around 2011-2012, or in a million years. WTF!?

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   

No-one can be sure how old the canyon is, but a rift valley that large must have formed over millions of years.

it obvious for me its s scratch from a collision..there are no canyons formed anywhere in Mars and like in earth..Canyons were produced in a single event

and such a scratch as on mars would mean atmosphere gone, which is quiet possible since i imagine there was lfe on Mars someday

and maybe this was witnessed by humans..and from there grew their instinct to watch the skies

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Crutchley29
My god. THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS NIBIRU. Seriously..how people believe this stuff is absolutely beyond my logical comprehension.

And you have absolute proof of that, do you? Let's see your proof. Please, post it, so we can put this matter to rest.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

And you have absolute proof of that, do you? Let's see your proof. Please, post it, so we can put this matter to rest.

Start here. Then proceed to here. Somehow I doubt it will settle anything.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   

reply to post by autowrench

Start here. Then proceed to here. Somehow I doubt it will settle anything.

please pay attention to the posts others do...

your 1st link is valid if wre are saying Nibiru is coming in 2012

ur 2nd link is a website by Michael S Heiser, known to be jealous of Sitchin's work...he's a rival you understand

got my point??

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Isn't Nibiru just a story that was created and written in the late 1960's by Zecharia Stitchin? Its just like scientology nonesense, as story created by one person that brainwashed people believe is true.

Also there's Nancy L, a nut job who claims she was abducted by aliens and had some sort of receiver planted in her brain and she receives messages from Zeta Reticuli, one message was to warn her that a rouge planet is crossing our solar system close to earth. If this is true why doesnt she let someone x-ray her head to prove she has something in there.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by heineken

it obvious for me its s scratch from a collision..there are no canyons formed anywhere in Mars and like in earth..Canyons were produced in a single event

yeah a single event that took millions of years from water and ice erosion.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by xxshadowfaxx

No unknown planet can exist that enters the orbits of the known planets. Studies of the motions of the known planets exclude such a thing.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Star48Gazer

The Moon is close and its tidal effects are not correlated with earthquakes in general. There might be some classes of quakes associated with the Moon. The same is true of volcanoes. Any brown dwarf in orbit around our sun is so far away that its gravity cannot be detected affecting the motions of the known planets. Thus it cannot be doing as much to the Earth as the Moon does and the Moon does very little in terms of quakes and volcanoes.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Mayura

Following your inner whatever is not going to be correct. Anyone using this to suppose the existence of the hoax of Nibiru is way off. It is demonstrable that there cannot be a planet sized object within 320AU. That's 8X the distance to Pluto. There are no large objects, ie planet sized, in the Kuiper belt.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by curious7

They said that about Pluto too before it was discovered.

That's not true at all. Pluto was discovered during a search for Planet X. The problem was that Pluto was found to be too small to be the anticipated planet x.

It is demonstrable that there is no missing mass in the part of the solar system where the known planets orbit. That means no new unknown planet can have an orbit that enters the orbits of the known planets. This means no Nibiru. Don't forget that Nibiru is a claim by a hoaxer named Sitchin.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   

I'm willing to bet that the lecturer never said 2012. I'll bet that's an embellishment of the reporter. Reporters especially for rags such as the one mentioned are notorious for making the story more sensational that it is.

Maybe the lecturer said something like, "It could happen tomorrow, the next day, next year, or a million years from now. We just don't know."

That sort of statement could be transformed into the statement in the article with the reporter claiming that this is what the person said, although everyone knows that the wording can care unwanted and unwarranted connotations.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   

That's clearly not an impact mark. Where are the spray lines? Where are the ancillary crater marks?

The claim that this is due to an impact is obviously false.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join