It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Back to Nibiru?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Gab1159

Ask yourself, who is more trust worthy? People who dedicated their lives to hot out of the box topics, or some random dude on a conspiracy forum? The answer comes by itself!

Mike Heiser earned an M.A. (1998) and Ph.D. (2004) in Hebrew Bible and Ancient Semitic Languages from the University of Wisconsin-Madison. His dissertation was entitled, "The Divine Council in Late Canonical and Non-Canonical Second Temple Jewish Literature" (English translation: the dissertation dealt with the presence of a pantheon in the Hebrew Bible and the binitarian nature of ancient Israelite religion and Judaism, a backdrop for the the belief in the deity of Christ in the New Testament). Before going to the UW-Madison, Mike also earned an M.A. in Ancient History from the University of Pennsylvania (1992; major fields, Ancient Syria-Palestine and Egyptology). Mike can do translation work in roughly a dozen ancient languages, among them Biblical Hebrew, Biblical Greek, Aramaic, Syriac, Egyptian hieroglyphs, Phoenician, Moabite, and Ugaritic cuneiform. He has also studied Akkadian and Sumerian independently.

Mike has taught over two dozen courses over the span of 15 years of undergraduate teaching. He is currently the Academic Editor at Logos Bible Software in Bellingham, WA. In 2007 the Pacific Northwest region of the Society of Biblical Literature awarded Mike its Regional Scholar award. You can learn more about Dr. Heiser by visiting his homepage or viewing his resume/CV.

Mike is probably best known to those interested in the ancient astronaut subject through his many appearances on Coast to Coast AM. He has also spoken a several conferences. Some of his presentations are available on DVD here.

You can contact Mike here. Dr. Heiser is certainly willing to debate Zecharia Sitchin or anyone else who promotes his ideas.

Sitchiniswrong.com

Sitchin was born in Baku, Azerbaijan, and was raised in the British Mandate of Palestine. He acquired a knowledge of modern and ancient Hebrew, other Semitic and European languages, the Old Testament, and the history and archeology of the Near East. Sitchin graduated from the University of London, majoring in economic history. A journalist and editor in Israel for many years, he now lives and writes in New York. His books have been widely translated, converted to Braille for the blind, and featured on radio and television.

Biographicon.com (And that's a sympathetic biography!)

Now we know where Mike Heiser learned Sumerian. Where did Sirchin learn Sumerian? Not at the University of London, he majored in economics there. Why is it that people who actually exert the effort to learn ancient near eastern languages hold Sitchin in contempt?

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
school does not make you bright..

your hearth will make you go far

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

You just used an "argument from ignorance"...learn to debate more.

The neutral stand point is that Nibiru does NOT exist..therefore...how about YOU prove to me it does exist? or provide a credible source which provides evidence.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by xxshadowfaxx

If a monolith on phobos is possible, then planet X is possible too.

These are completely unrelated issues. Planet X is demonstrably not within 320AU. Space has been completely surveyed for planet sized objects out to that distance. That does not mean that the search is over. It simply means that the existence of new planets must continue looking further and further out. What we do know is that if there is a new planet out there it must be very far away and never enter the orbits of the known planets.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   

The most fascinating explanation of this mystery body, which is so cold it casts no light and has never been seen by optical telescopes on Earth or in space, is that it is a giant gaseous planet as large as Jupiter and as close to Earth as 50 trillion miles.

The published article did not say 50 trillion. It said 50 million. There are 6 trillion miles in a light year. The 50 trillion is 8 light years or greater than the distance to the nearest star.

But this is the meat of the matter:

So mysterious is the object that astronomers do not know if it is a planet, a giant comet, a nearby “protostar” that never got hot enough to become a star, a distant galaxy so young that it is still in the process of forming its first stars or a galaxy so shrouded in dust that none of the light cast by its stars ever gets through.

What it turned out to be was a distant galaxy.

There is no cover up here. It's just a poorly written article.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by lestweforget

Let me get this right are you accusing NASA of lying?

I'm sorry I can't follow your faulty reasoning. Could you be more explicit how you came to your failed notions?

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Are you telling me there was no news articles? Are you saying that's a lie?

I have no idea how you came to this failed conclusion. Can you provide some details?

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by heineken

i guess you would have been one of those who accused and sentenced Giordano Bruno for saying that the Stars that we see are Suns like our own.

You have a remarkable ability to get things wrong. This can be added to your list of silly comments.

so lemme think outside of the box will ya?

No one is saying you can't think outside of the box. You suggested in two different threads that a feature on Mars is evidence of an impact. I silly am asking if the feature looks like an impact. It has none of the features that would be associated with an impact such as splash marks from either small or large debris.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by simone50m

You don't need pros to detect an incoming planet. If that were to happen then every amateur, of which there are thousands, would see it. Nothing has been detected.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Sitchin cannot translate ancient Sumerian. He has proved that countless times through his claims.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
There is Prophecy Talking about planet with a till coming close to the earth from the East and all people can see it near the sun and it will cause strong destruction to the earth floods Landslides and lots of strong earthquakes everywhere , This Signs refer to the approach of doomsday ...

Now i hear that Nibiru has a till...

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist

Sitchin cannot translate ancient Sumerian. He has proved that countless times through his claims.

Care to quote these claims where he's sowrong? Got me inteested...

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Abrahim

Where did you hear this prophecy?

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Gab1159

Sitchin has made a large number of claims in which he suggests that ancient writings support his claims. At the site Sitchiniswrong Dr Heiser evaluates the claims made by Sitchin and shows that the translations proposed by Sitchin are false.

Here is an example of the things Sitchin claims are in the ancient texts. They are not.

What follows draws from that paper and, in the case of the video, demonstrates the accuracy of my contention that there isn't a single text in the entire cuneiform record that:
* Has nibiru as a planet beyond Pluto
* Connects nibiru with the Anunnaki
* Has nibiru cycling through our solar system every 3600 years

Nibiru - sitchiniswrong.com

Another example is:

Does the cylinder seal above convey the fact that the Sumerians who fashioned it knew of 12 planets in our solar system? That's what Zecharia Sitchin claims about the seal.

12 Planets in Sumerian Thought? - sitchiniswrong.com

Zechariah Sitchin - wikipedia

Sitchin's work has been criticized for flawed methodology and mistranslations of ancient texts as well as for incorrect astronomical and scientific claims.

Sitchin make sit very clear that this information is written in the texts. He claims to be able to read these texts although no scholars agree with his translations.

“This is in the texts; I’m not making it up,” Mr. Sitchin said

Origin of the Species, From an Alien View

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Crutchley29
reply to post by autowrench

You just used an "argument from ignorance"...learn to debate more.

The neutral stand point is that Nibiru does NOT exist..therefore...how about YOU prove to me it does exist? or provide a credible source which provides evidence.

Thats right. This is the same debate about the existence of "God"... The burden of proof is who claim such thing.

Otherwise: I claim I have a invisible Flying Spaghetti Monster living my garage! Prove me that it doesn't exist.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by packinupngoin

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/044c3c8aee34.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist
reply to post by Gab1159

Sitchin has made a large number of claims in which he suggests that ancient writings support his claims. At the site Sitchiniswrong Dr Heiser evaluates the claims made by Sitchin and shows that the translations proposed by Sitchin are false.

Here is an example of the things Sitchin claims are in the ancient texts. They are not.

What follows draws from that paper and, in the case of the video, demonstrates the accuracy of my contention that there isn't a single text in the entire cuneiform record that:
* Has nibiru as a planet beyond Pluto
* Connects nibiru with the Anunnaki
* Has nibiru cycling through our solar system every 3600 years

I see your point, however I was thinking you would bring more credible and neutral website. Sitchiniswrong is obviously biased, just look at the name of the website! Aren't you the one who always question the validity of a website when it is obviously in favor of a position?? And let's be honest, wikipedia has no value when it comes down to conspiracy theories...

After all, it all comes down to interpretation, so I see no reason to believe someone else's interpretation instead os Sitchin's...They all have the same credibility!
Nibiru - sitchiniswrong.com

Another example is:

Does the cylinder seal above convey the fact that the Sumerians who fashioned it knew of 12 planets in our solar system? That's what Zecharia Sitchin claims about the seal.

12 Planets in Sumerian Thought? - sitchiniswrong.com

Zechariah Sitchin - wikipedia

Sitchin's work has been criticized for flawed methodology and mistranslations of ancient texts as well as for incorrect astronomical and scientific claims.

Sitchin make sit very clear that this information is written in the texts. He claims to be able to read these texts although no scholars agree with his translations.

“This is in the texts; I’m not making it up,” Mr. Sitchin said

Origin of the Species, From an Alien View

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Oh pardon me! Did I really see a post deleted because ict is related to Nibiru? Mods, this one I can't take! This is crossing the acceptable line! How do you know it's crap? How do you? It is predicted to come late 2011, or at the befinning of 2012. I'm really expecting an answer from the mod who did this, because what you just did is disgusting! Isn't ATS a place where we can freely discuss out of the box topic? Sorry but that is not good moderating. This is mod abuse!

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Back to Nibiru???
ah,.. yeah

this is what happens when new people discover the internet for the first time..
You'll learn intern,.you'll learn

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gab1159
Oh pardon me! Did I really see a post deleted because ict is related to Nibiru? Mods, this one I can't take! This is crossing the acceptable line! How do you know it's crap? How do you? It is predicted to come late 2011, or at the befinning of 2012. I'm really expecting an answer from the mod who did this, because what you just did is disgusting! Isn't ATS a place where we can freely discuss out of the box topic? Sorry but that is not good moderating. This is mod abuse!

Mods didn't do that. I did.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join