It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Back to Nibiru?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by cluckerspud

Thanks, that's reassuring. I was out of me! I couldn't believe it, looks like I was right not to believe it

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Gab1159

I see your point, however I was thinking you would bring more credible and neutral website. Sitchiniswrong is obviously biased, just look at the name of the website!

The site is written by a respected author on ancient languages. You are not debating the issues here. Instead you are concerned about the name of a website, which happens to be quite correct.

Aren't you the one who always question the validity of a website when it is obviously in favor of a position?? And let's be honest, wikipedia has no value when it comes down to conspiracy theories... [.quote]
Incorrect. I question the validity of sites that do not back up their claims or base their work on demonstrably false claims.

After all, it all comes down to interpretation, so I see no reason to believe someone else's interpretation instead os Sitchin's...They all have the same credibility!

Incorrect. Not all interpretations are equal. In the case of Sitchin he is the only one with these ideas. His ideas are not supported by anyone else because it is demonstrable that his interpretations fly in the face of the texts that are out there. For example, that would be like someone arguing the meaning of 'is' when it is clear that they are lying. Sitchin and the speaker of 'is' had money on their minds. They made up stuff because of money.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Gab1159

It is predicted to come late 2011, or at the befinning of 2012.

Actually, if you read Sitchin he does not have the return at 2012. It's the snake oil salesmen of 2012 that connect Nibiru at 2012.

The problem for 2011 or 2012 is that amateurs would see this object int he sky with even small telescopes. For a 20111 return the object would be visible to the naked eye. Studies over the last 30 years show that Nibiru cannot exist. Don't believe me then read this.

Where Are You Hiding Planet X, Dr. Brown?

PROJECT PAN-STARRS AND THE OUTER SOLAR SYSTEM

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

Yes I know it is quite improbable that Nibiru appears just like that in just about a year. But I know at the same time there could be a X factor unknown to us, like an abstract physics concept, maybe even involved with other dimensions, that would make it possible to appear in front of us. I know it's heavily unlikely, but science shows us it is possible. So that makes Nibiru a potential event coming in about a year.

I, for myself, think such a Nibiru could exist, only we're not the (unlucky?) generation to live the come back. Not on a 100% certainty, but just a possibility. But still, i now learned that every single thing IS possible in this extremely complex universe. So maybe, MAYBE, even with the lowest probabilities, Nibiru will pop and say hi in a couple of months/years...

Einstein once said only idiots would dismiss a prophecy before due time...

Edit: I was not debating the name of the website, I was just pointing out that the likely main objective of this website was to discredit Sitchin at any cost. That doesn't mean the information provided is wrong, only I can't see how the material provided coud be 100% objective. I'll have a closer look tonight.
edit on 26-1-2011 by Gab1159 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Crutchley29

The unknown is unknown. It is not a belief but a theory. People cannot believe in something that has no evidence of existing. It is a theory. Our own written and artistic past points to some strange scary stuff man. How did man know that carbon has 6 protons, 6 neutrons, and 6 electrons before we knew what protons, neutron, and electrons were? This is the time to question what everyone says and what everything is. We are past the point of no return if you ask me. The undiscovered WILL be discovered- whether it be bad or good. All I know is that as of 9/11 I came to a reckoning that bad is ultra prevalent in this world even though 90% of living humans are of very good nature.
edit on 1/26/2011 by pa.Frost because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Gab1159

Yes I know it is quite improbable that Nibiru appears just like that in just about a year. But I know at the same time there could be a X factor unknown to us, like an abstract physics concept, maybe even involved with other dimensions, that would make it possible to appear in front of us. I know it's heavily unlikely, but science shows us it is possible. So that makes Nibiru a potential event coming in about a year.

Do you have any evidence that this exists? CLearly, this is just invoking some form of magic. Can you show us anything in physics that allows a planet sized object to appear from nowhere?

I have to disagree with you here. Science and physics is based on the observable. You are trying to use something that is unknown as justification. That doesn't pass as science. That is what the pseudosciences are about - making things up as you go along because insurmountable evidence to the contrary exists.

The issue with the SitchinIsWrong.com website is that it is not a lone voice. There are no people that read ancient Sumerian that agree with Sitchin's so-called translations. No one agrees. One person with the ability to read the ancient language is outspoken.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   
I've got to ask this, and bare in mind that I'm no astronomer, but is venus ment to be as bright as it is at the moment? It's nearly as big as the moon for crying out loud!! (ok, not as big, but it's so very bright in the morning) It's the next biggest thing in the sky from my perspective. I'm out with the dogs from around half 6-7am every morning. And when the sky is clear, you can see it shining away so bright, it's at least twice as big as I've ever seen it before, you can even see it when the sun has gone down. I'm sure this ain't right

Next time there's clear skies where you peoples are, check it out in the early morning. It's freaking huge. And I'm nearly (but n ot quite) sure that it's getting bigger. But that may be my imagination.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Venus is the brightest planet in our solar system, it is -4 magnitude.
The reason it is so bright is because of the thick cloud that surrounds Venus reflects about %70 of the light that hits it. Plus it is the closest planet to Earth .
edit on 27-1-2011 by pazcat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by pazcat

thank you

Is it brighter in the mornings, than it is a night then? Becasue I've never seen it like this before. And like I say, I'm out every morning, and have been for many years. I always look up, cos I'm a UFO freak (
) and I've never seen it this big. I'm all for it being venus, (as it probably is) I've been telling everyone it is. Even told me step dad (to be) who has a telescope to check it out cos he'll have great views. But I've still never seen it so big and shiney.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Acidtastic

Venus can be bright enough on a moonless night to cast shadows. One time I heard that seeing your own Venus shadow was possible I was in an area where a heavy overcast prevented me form trying to see this. The vercast lasted over a week. So it is possible for Venus to appear very bright.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   

There could be a number of factors really, the most likely culprit would be just like the Moon Venus goes through phases, it could be that instead of seeing part of Venus like a crescent Moon it is showing more of it's face to Earth as it is swinging around the Sun.

www.souledout.org...
Even though that link is a bit old it still should give you an idea of what I'm trying to say.
edit on 27-1-2011 by pazcat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   
naah, I've seen the moon and "venus" in the sky together, well, not together together, the moon was on the other side of the sky. (this was about 2 weeks ago) I mean, it probably is venus, I'm not really disputing that (much
) But it's visible in daylight, I've never seen Venus in the day time before. I guess it's one to watch, when the skies are clear (which they haven't been for at least a week here in my corner of little England. )

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   

There is an old saying that the sky is darkest before dawn. That is not true in general. The zodiacal light may lead to this notion.

La Palma Night-Sky Brightness

Anyways, the main culprit here is likely to be due to what is the on the ground east and west of you. Are there more city lights west of you than east of you?

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   
I'm pretty countryfied here (Harpenden, Herts) To the north of where I was looking from is Luton airport, to the south west is St Albans (not exactly bright lights from there, but Luton Airport has an orange hue to it) I'm not trying to say it's the fabled planet x, but I've still never seen Venus this bright before. The link pazaz posted pretty much explains that Venus can seem much brighter depending on which way it's facing and where it is in relation to the sun is ect.

I'm still going to keep watch on it though, I find it hard to not look up when I'm out walking anyway, so it'll be nea bother. Of course, if it transmorgraphies into a red dwarf, with 127 planets in orbit, I'll let you know

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   

It can't be a fabled planet, nor a planet X, otherwise it would be big news the world over and long since the topic of discussion by the hundreds of thousands of amateur astronomers out there. You are likely viewing Venus and admiring it. When you think back to ancient times you can see why the ancients were so engrossed with the planets.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Here is a screen capture off of stellarium looking south at 8:18am.
Venus is clear in the sky in the mornings until the Sun fully takes over, it is also noted as being the evening star because it is the first star to show in the evenings when it is in that part of the sky, atm it is the morning star.

Never mind the Mars rover theme on stellarium it's just my choice of theme.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/29d37b700afc.png[/atsimg]

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
venus, and yes, for some reason it has looked it's brightest, maybe closest to what usually can be seen. it made me wonder as well while it was shining brighter than even the moon at the same time. it's not just you.

edit on 27-1-2011 by redgy because: for post by

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Gab1159

Various members here have been posting the very same thoughts of my own, not just this thread. Previously Stereo played it down as Venus is at the moment as close as it gets to earth, i wish i could find the post, why then does it seem to be just as big if not larger? Im not suggesting its anything other than Venus but why do cirtain individuals find it necessary to try and down play the fact its bloody big, bigger than what we remember it ever being. I get the impression its not bigger it just looks bigger, why? Because something is reflecting more light onto it. Oh yeah i cant believe you tried to explain it with lights to the east of where ever Gab is Stereo!

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by lestweforget

I can't believe you didn't read why this affects the apparent brightness of the object.

Just because you are demonstrating that people have faulty memories and that they are surprised at seeing how brilliant and beautiful the planets are does not mean it is anything other than a normal event. Venus has been brighter and can appear to be brighter.

Playing this up as anything than viewing and appreciating the planets is rather odd don't you think?

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
The appearance of a planet with the proposed orbit of Nibiru would be gradual, and obviously major observatories and/or Hubble would catch it first, followed by amateur astronomers.

It would be cool, but I'm not holding my breath.

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join