It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inadvertent Time Travellers

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 06:34 AM
link   
What would happen if you had a video camera with you?

How could you film something in the past? I.E the old style car from the 30's and record it onto tape?

Do you think a camera would pick it up or not? Because it isnt really there?

The Egg shaped car, the non human one is the most creepiest of all

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 06:37 AM
link   
To be honest i do beleive people see the past, i personally beleive we as humans leave a trail of memories, residual energy, for example if we walk the same route every day for 60 years, our energy will leave an imprint, so say in a 100 years time, somebody might see me walking that route, but its not a physical me, its just the memory imprint i left, i beleive this theorey accounts for Ghost Stories, and people seeing the past.

I cant exactly prove it but, i like to think this

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/94f33db88c7f.png[/atsimg]

As Kang and Kodos said-

"Foolish Earthling! Totally unprepared for the effects of time travel!"

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 06:49 AM
link   
I would like to bring your attention to two amazing books written within the last few years. Their authoress is Patrice Chaplin, who was the first wife of Michael Chaplin, the son of Charlie Chaplin. Patrice is a playwright and successful writer, one of whose books was turned into a film called "Siesta", made in Hollywood in 1987 and starring Ellen Barkin, Jodie Foster and Martin Sheen. Her website is:

www.patricechaplin.com...

Patrice claims to have undergone an initiation carried out by an old secret society in Spain who guarded the secrets of Rennes-le-Chateau, which she reveals in her first book "Secrets of Girona". In her second book "The Portal," she describes the stages and climax of her initiation in which she passed through a 'portal' and found herself at different times in the past. She reveals that the ancient, Kabbalistic rituals enabling people to travel into the past was the great secret encoded in the church at Rennes-le-Cahteau by its priest Berenger Sauniere. The great Surrealist painter Salvador Dali, who knew Patrice, was initiated by this Spanish secret society, and his painting "The Railway Station at Perpignan"

0.tqn.com...

depicts his experience of passing through the portal on the summit of Mount Canigou in the Catalan region of Spain.

This story may seem hard to believe. But, unlike some of the fanciful, unsubstantiated claims more familiar to those who research this subject. her story is backed up by well-documented, circumstantial evidence and historical facts, and so it needs to be taken seriously. Here are two films made about her book:
vimeo.com...

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Anyone remember John Titior ? I Wonder how his time line matches up today...en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 23-1-2011 by TechVampyre because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Hi there, Newbie here. In responce for story requests I've recalled this from memory after reading the prior story about the English couple/ French Farmhouse/ took photos/ paid minimal Franc/ Gendarmes/ holiday, return, no building- find out one was there c.turn of century/ Gendarmes' uniforms match/ etc. I had already known this story in the '80s, as I grew up on Mysteries/Paranormal Investig/ETs/ type books, before watching it on a paranormal programme shown in the '90s: (one poss. hosted by Michael Aspel?, God I've seen sooo many). They also had this one (which,prior, I had also read about).
Sorry about some vague details...perhaps another could retell this or research the programme??. I'll look too...in the meantime...
Durning a Sunday? Summer's mid morning /afternoon, (maybe 1970s??) an English couple are diving to an unfimilar destination. They come upon a village which they know of and reason they know their way from there. Driving through, they see bunting on the buildings etc. The village is celebrating something! They come to a traffic roundabout in the village. It's got lovely flowers which draws their attention. On the rounabout they see a sign, something about "Winner of Best Village" (or something like this, like a "Britian in Bloom"-type award. Taking an exit turn, they drive out of the village. A mile or so out, hubby realises they took the wrong exit off the rounadabout. Turns car around. Back in village, the buntings gone! No celebration! Getting to roundabout- no "Winner, Best..." sign! Taking correct exit, see a person. Query sudden absense of flowers and sign. Individual looks puzzled. Query loss of flags etc. Indiv. looks bemused. They drive on. Later research by couple, confirmed on programme by host, shows village DID INDEED win "Best..." and celebrated it as described.....only YEARS BEFORE THAT DAY!! ALSO the weather on the day was also as the couple described.
I BELIEVE these stories..of RANDOM time slips, etc. "There are more things in Heaven and Hell; than can be dreamed of in your philosophy". Peace and take care.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by onehuman

i also have been feeling that some times a few minutes are gone or sometimes it seem a lot slower or faster,but just recently my time keeping is gettin quite trippy e.g my girlfriend will say tell me the time without looking and im getting it right with only about 20 seconds out.i also used to have lots of de ja vous as a child and slowly they are creeping back in again...

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   
I had an event, didn't really think anything of it till a few days after it happened and I'll explain why. I've posted this story someplace else on here talking about time-slips and jumps. I was walking home at 1am on a spring night back in 2008 from Walmart where I worked. Why I was walking was because I didn't have a ride home at 1 in the morning, and the person that was going to give me a ride didn't show up to work. So I walked along the highway because that way would be quicker then cutting through town I was possibly a little less then half way home when a car pulled up and then over in front of me. I didn't think to much of it other then the usual worries like what were they doing, car trouble? am I going to be in danger. Well I approached carefully and saw it was an older couple, and they asked why I was walking and I explained to them and then they asked where I lived and I gave them a general area still kinda skeptical. Well they offered to take me they were coming back from a Hawkeye game and live sort of the same way. It was semi cold and I didn't see the harm so I hopped in they were listening to the replay of the game and it was kinda weird because the replays was for a game that happened in 1997 and the only reason I remember it was because my aunt and uncle took me to that game. Still didn't think to much about it really maybe they were die hard Hawkeye fans. Other then that the ride was uneventful I got home ok thanked them and headed inside with out second thoughts. Well I met them again they were much older then when they gave me a ride a few days ago and they seemed more surprised at me then I was at them. The said I look like I haven't aged since that night back in 1997, I blinked and was like that was just a few nights ago for me. We all got kinda quiet thinking about it and I just walked away kinda spooked.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by kwakakev

I want to add a bit if information to the link you had for the philadelphia experiment, I just read through it and thought I would post some information that isn't related directly the the experiment, but confirms some information posted in the article. I don't blame anyone for not believing what I am going to say.

Years ago, in the early 90's I did a series of past life regressions, more or less to gain a better understanding of life and who and why I am the person I am, and the people in my life, mostly karma centered. During one of the regressions, I was pulled forward into a future life incarnation. My father and my ex husband were with me (now that he's my ex I'm sorry to know this, haha). Keeping in mind that the focus on the regressions were mostly about karma and the people connected to me, the focus of the regressioninst was not about details about the year, type of craft, etc. etc. but more about what the relationships were about. Anyway, I was on board this flying craft that was not very large, and the crew consisted of myslf, as the navigator, my father, who's role was that of an ambassador, and my ex husband, i'm not sure what his function was. As the navigator, I used a headset that had just a few straps and sensors attached to it, and the headset was somehow connected to the ships navigation system. I had to map out the trajectory inside my head, hold that information, and the ship responded to my thoughts. Our source of energy was a large crystal. This was basically the the gist of the technical information that I recalled.

At the time, early 90's, I had a fascination with UFO's but I didn't have time to really research into them, being a young mom at the time my hands were full and life outside my world was unknown to me. I still have no idea what the information I recalled in this future life means. I certainly have no knowledge of aircraft, propulsion methods, navigation or anything related to it, and basically was unsure and doubtful of the information I saw. The only thing I can say is since I was young, I always wanted to learn how to fly a plane, but I'm seriously afraid of heights and never had the money to get flying lessons anyway. But anyway, the information is what it is. I'm sharing it with you to perhaps add some validity to the information stated in the link you posted.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   
THE FUTURE ROADHOUSE

One night in 1972, four coeds from Southern Utah University were driving back to their dorm in Cedar City after spending the day at a rodeo in Pioche, Nevada. It was about 10 p.m. and the girls were eager to get back to their dorm before curfew. They were traveling along Highway 56, which has a reputation for being "haunted." A while after taking a fork in the road that turned to the north, the girls were surprised to see that the black asphalt had turned into a white cement road that eventually ended abruptly at a cliff face. They turned around and tried to find their way back to the highway, but soon became concerned about the unfamiliar landscape - red canyon walls that gave way to open grain fields and pine trees, which they had never encountered before in this part of the state. Feeling completely lost, the girls felt some comfort when they approached a roadhouse or tavern. They pulled into the parking lot and one of the passengers poked her head out the window to get directions from a few "men" coming out of the building. But she screamed and ordered the driver to get out of there - fast. The girls sped off, but realized they were being chased by the men in strange, tri-wheeled, egg-shaped vehicles. Speeding again through the canyon, the girls seemed to have lost their pursuers and found their way to the familiar desert highway. The reason for the scream? The men, she said, weren't human. (See Utah's Time/Space Warp Canyon Encounter for more details.)

The egg shaped cars they described sound like the BMW Isetta 300 which where made during the 1950's and 60's

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   
A very interesting thread. I think that as a child I may have experienced almost entering some sort of portal into the past, but I don't care to share the experience; too bizarre.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
I don't think this really relates to time travel, but a weird experience my buddy and I had on December 26, 2005.

We'd left the city we live in, Glasgow, KY, to travel 70 miles east to the city of Monticello, KY for a one-day high school basketball invitational. He and I were football coaches, and it was going to be one of our last opportunities to watch some of our senior football players play basketball for the school we coached at. The game was to start at 4 pm, so we left around 2:00 to make the drive across state highway 90. The games were running a bit late, and by the time our's was over, it was nearly 7:00pm.

We started on our way back home. About halfway between Glasgow and Monticello is the small town of Burkesville, where my buddy's family is from and he spent several years growing up. It's the only incorporated city we would be passing through on our drive back. As we near Burkesville, he mentioned stopping to eat, and we decided we'd eat at the Subway in Burkesville. We get there around 7:30, eat, use the restroom, and get started on our way back home.

From Burkesville to Glasgow is a straight drive west on Ky highway 90. On the way, there are 4 unincorporated townships you pass through. They are Marrowbone, Beaumont, Summer Shade and Eighty-eight; in that order as you're due west. Some folks may call these townships speed traps, as they are short stretches of highway where the speed limit drops from 55 to 35 for a mile or two. Of the four townships, only Marrowbone and Summer Shade have a gas station, bank, street lights, or similar reasons to be 'lit up'. Marrowbone is about 6 miles outside Burkesville.

One of the seniors who'd played that night had gotten a basketball scholarship and as we got back on the road from Subway, we were discussing how hard he trained to improve himself during his years in high school. My buddy was telling me about seeing him run around the track with a parachute on his back during the spring when he stopped mid-sentence. I looked at him to see why he'd stopped and he looked back and said "Where's Marrowbone?!" I could tell there was a sense of urgency in his voice, not panic, but he was obviously disturbed. I replied that it was "on up the road". Remember, he'd lived in the area where we were for several years, and because he had family here, he'd driven those road a lot. "No it isn't," he said "we're past it- but we didn't drive through it". I agreed with him that we hadn't driven through it, as we would have noticed the street lights, the bright lights of the gas station, and the 35 mph speed limit signs. I thought in the dark he was just mistaken about where we were, and I told him so. "No, I know where we are," he told me, "and we've already passed Marrowbone."

As a former truck driver, I have a habit of looking at the clock when I get inside a vehicle to start off somewhere. Truckers have to log everything they do by time, and that became such a habit that I would do it whether in my truck or not. I told him I'd looked at the clock as we pulled out of Subway and it had shown 8:02, and it was now only 8:07. Marrowbone is 6 miles west of Burkesville, and with our speod of 55-60 mph, we hadn't had enough time to reach Marrowbone, much yet pass through it.

That made him even more agitated. His voice rose as he asked me if I was sure it was 8:02. I replied that yes, I was sure, and I was. Still am to this day. He said it couldn't have been, because there wasn't enough time elapsed for us to be where we were. I was in the process of telling him that I still believed he was mistaken about where we were, as we passed a sign which stated that we were in an area known as Willow Shade- which is 6 or 8 miles past Marrowbone. I immediately shut up. He said "See! I told you we were past it-" Then he stopped. "We haven't been gone from Burkesville nearly long enough to be here," he said, a bit somberly. I agreed. We rode for a mile or so without speaking. I can't speak for him, but in my mind I was going over everything we'd talked about. We hadn't been on the road long enough to be here, we hadn't had a lull in conversation to make us miss going through there. How could this be?

He broke the silence, kind of jokingly and mentioned that "wouldn't it be weird if we got home and our whole lives were changed?" I laughed, "yeah, it would". We went on with that thought and talked about "what if it were years later" and how everything could be different, like in the movie flight of the navigator. He mentioned something about his wife having remarried. We laughed it off, I think mainly because it was a little too creepy to really discuss for either of us. He dropped me off at home, and went on to his house.

I had to work the next day. After work as I was heading home, he called me and asked if I would come by his house. I could tell his voice didn't sound right, and I said sure. When I got there, he was sitting in his car. I opened the passenger door and looked inside. I could tell he was very upset. He'd came in the previous evening, after dropping me off, and found a dear John letter stuck to the door. His wife had left him. She gave no reason, and he didn't even know she was unhappy. They'd just bought this house, because she wanted it They'd had a great Christmas together and had plans together for the upcoming week. His wife at that time is also my first cousin. To this day, nobody knows why she left. She won't tell anyone. They never even had cross words between them. Anytime she talks about it, she just states that she had to change her life, but won't say why or in what way or anything.

He and I still wonder to this day what happened that night. We've since measured the distance from the point in the road where we last remember being to the point where he was where Marrowbone was. It's a little over 6 miles.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by hinsch
I hope you have fun reading this: img202.imageshack.us...

That's hilarious and awful at the same time!

What if she never had a grandson? She might go insane wondering "what if"? Hopefully she had a good sense of humor.

reply to post by micpsi

One of the things people always say about time travel is that, if they had the chance, they would play the lottery and bet on sports. So weird!

In 1896, according to a report held in Carcassonne Bishopric, an investigation was started by the bishopric into how he had been able to fund the various building projects, as his salary did not meet the expenses. Saunière, who at age 50 had a glass eye, and was known to often play the lottery (loterie de la maison des artistes), refused to co-operate with the enquiry.

en.wikipedia.org...érenger_Saunière
edit on 23/1/2011 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
I think it is really impossible that time travelers exists, why? cause my head would burst while trying to think how the heck they could do that. Or maybe those are just aliens or ghost trying to make fun with people?

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
facsinating thread,i believe some people have experienced time travel at some time or another,some might be made up as well but either way they are amazing to read & think about.

somethingn happened to me about 4 years ago.

i started work at 8:30am as usual & within about 20 mintues a few people asked me why i was working through my break,i thought they were just messing around but when i looked at my watch it said 10:00am which at the time was my normal break time.
it could have been me just not being aware of the time but i swear it could have only been no more 20 mins after i started.

good thread S+F

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
I had an inadvertent 'time traveler' experience that I'd like to share. I grew up in a quiet Queens, NY neighborhood close to Kennedy Airport, and my mother had a good friend who lived about five blocks away from our home. We were fairly frequent visitors to this friend's residence. During one such visit, when I was a teenager of about 15, I clearly recall seeing a new ball typewriter, and was fascinated by the twisting motion of the strike head as it typed various print characters.

About a week later, my mother informed me that Ms. _____ had just purchased a new ball typewriter. I responded, "Yeah, I know. Remember we were there last week to see it?"

She looked at me strangely and told me that her friend had just purchased the typewriter that day, and that I had never seen it. I then accurately described the machine -- which I had never actually seen -- right down to the color and type.

A great mystery.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Hello again guys. Extra to my earlier post there's this. IT even made the UK national T.V. evening news and MSN Home-page:

To sum it up: PHOTO OF TIME TRAVELLER? MAN FINDS PIC OF FILM EXTRA ON MOBILE (Am. CELL) PHONE IN 1928 CHARLIE CHAPLIN FILM!

Plenty of Net links available to both Pic and Story:
Mine: Bing (Web Search Engine) search: Photo of time traveller in 1928.

! (Haven't heard an outcome to it yet).

Peace, respect and love.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Seeker7

You mean this well known ATS thread: Time Traveller Caught on 1928 Charlie Chaplin Film?

One of ATS's biggest threads now I believe and It soon become something of a 'web hit.'

I'm not sure of the exact outcome as well but I believe it was officially debunked, although I could be wrong..

EDIT TO ADD: This is what I believe it was, although Again, I'm not sure if It has been confirmed to be anything else right now.
edit on 23-1-2011 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Einstein, with his Special Theory of Relativity (1905), taught us that Time is not a constant. The speed of light is a constant, but not time. Therefore, time travel is possible.
Entanglement, "spooky action at a distance". Yes, and 'entaglement in time': www.technologyreview.com...
Yes, time travel is possible, it appears it happens accidentally at times.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
The Montauk Project is of particular interest to me. The account to me of the ship's dissapearance; in particular the account of the blue flash of light, is consistent with aspects of quantum theory, in particular quantum tunnelling. Molecules dissasembled through quantum tunnelling travel faster than the speed of light. As they do so they send out waves of electro-magnetic energy through the ulta-violet and blue parts of the colour spectrum (also known as quantum blueshift.) The cause of the blue flash experienced is Cherenkov radiation emitted as high speed electrons decay during FTL travel.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join