Inadvertent Time Travellers

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rising Against

- HOTEL TIME WARP

Two British couples vacationing in the north of France in 1979 were driving, looking for a place to stay for the night. Along the way, they were struck by some signs that seemed to be for a very old-fashioned type of circus. The first building they came to looked like it might be a motel, but some men standing in front of it told the travelers it was "an inn" and that a hotel could be found down the road. Further on, they did find an old-fashioned building marked "hotel." Inside, they discovered, almost everything was made of heavy wood, and there seemed to be no evidence of such modern conveniences as telephones.

Their rooms has no locks, but simple wooden latches and the windows had wooden shutters but no glass. In the morning, as they ate breakfast, two gendarmes entered wearing very old-fashioned caped uniforms. After getting what turned out to be very bad directions to Avignon from the gendarmes, the couples paid a bill that came to only 19 francs, and they left. After two weeks in Spain, the couples made a return trip through France and decided to again stay at the interesting if odd but very cheap hotel.

This time, however, the hotel could not be found. Certain they were in the exact same spot (they saw the same circus posters), they realized that the old hotel had completely vanished without a trace. Photos taken at the hotel did not develop. And a little research revealed that French gendarmes wore uniforms of that description prior to 1905.
(Source)

This cannot be.
The year is 1979. And they paid the hotel 19 francs in +-1905.
In 1960 the new franc was introduced. (1 new franc was 100 old francs).
The couple could newer pay the hotel with money that the hotel would never recognize nor accept.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by looofo

Maybe they used a credit card.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

I hope this hasn't already been posted on this thread, I haven't looked through each post to see if its already on here. I'm not sure what to make of this youtube video of a chap who claims to have met his future self and videoed it on his mobile phone.

Link to youtube video of Time Traveller (with footage)

www.youtube.com...

There was also just recently a thread with a supposed time traveller on film footage of a Charlie Chaplin movie but that may have been debunked already on ATS. My humble opinion is the person on the Charlie Chaplin movie doesn't strike me as being a time traveller, I think there may be an innocent explanation,

www.abovetopsecret.com...&flagit=622165

but the chap who met himself in the future is believable to me. Could be the fact that he's so matter-of-fact about it and doesn't strike me as being an egotistical attention seeker, and when he says, "I do not care what people think".

Anyway see what you all feel about the video.
edit on 23-1-2011 by kiwitina948 because: Word error.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by kiwitina948

Thanks for your post but unfortunately it has been mentioned in this thread before, and unfortunately this is already a proven hoax.

Here, this post may be worth reading (It's the post in this thread which directs you to where this video is shown to be a proven hoax).

I wish it was true myself but sadly that's not the case.

Oh, and in regards to the Charlie Chaplin "time traveller", personally, this is what I believe explains the alleged person talking on the phone which I hope you will find enlightening. It's just a theory of course but I think It's the best one yet.
edit on 23-1-2011 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)
edit on 23-1-2011 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Let's say that it's actually real. What if he somehow dies before that event happens in the future. I think it would mean that there are multiple realities. I wish I knew how it works.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by strato

Let's say that it's actually real. What if he somehow dies before that event happens in the future. I think it would mean that there are multiple realities. I wish I knew how it works.

Stop it! You're giving me headaches!

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
This is an awesome thread!

...regarding the Hotel Time Warp....what I find most odd is there doesn't seem to be any indication that anyone in the hotel found the "unwitting intruders" odd. I would think that if four people showed up looking obviously out of place that it would cause quite a stir for the time and maybe even draw some unwanted attention. i.e the police being called. The "feeling" of the story seems to indicate they just walked into this reality that was weird to them but wasn't the other way around. Maybe (as this is all fantasy for the moment) our reality is mostly perception and that would explain why there was no panic to the odd visitors and why the money would be accepted??? Maybe nothing seemed amiss from the other side/point of view? Maybe we cross paths with out of place people more than we know and just don't notice? So much we don't know or understand!

S & F
edit on 23-1-2011 by glad_to_be_His because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Great post, it really makes you wonder. I really liked the one with chevy nova and the aliens.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by MMPI2

LoL! Nice.

Unfortunately, this is ATS, not AMC.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rising Against
- HIGHWAY TO THE PAST

In October, 1969, a man identified only as L.C. and his business associate, Charlie, were driving north from Abbeville, Louisiana toward Lafayette on Highway 167. As they were driving along the nearly empty road, they began to overtake what appeared to be an antique car traveling very slowly. The two men were impressed by the mint condition of the nearly 30-year-old car - it looked virtually new - and puzzled by its bright orange license plate on which was stamped only "1940." They figured, however, that the car had been part of some antique auto show.

As they passed the slow-moving vehicle, they slowed their car to get a good look at the old model. The driver of the old car was a young woman dressed in vintage 1940s clothing, and her passenger was a small child likewise dressed. The woman seemed panicked and confused. L.C. asked if she needed help and, through her rolled up window, indicated "yes." L.C. motioned for her to pull off to the side of the road. The businessmen pulled ahead of the old car and turned onto the shoulder of the road.

When they got out... the old car had vanished without a trace. There were no turnoffs or anywhere else the vehicle could have gone. Moments later, another car pulled up to the businessmen and, quite puzzled, said he had seen their car pull off to the side... and the old car simply vanish into thin air. (See Time Traveller for more details on this story.)
(Source)
It'd be really interesting if anyone reading this has ever had any similar experiences to these also.

Thanks for reading and I'd love to hear thoughts on this subject and whether time travelling of this nature occurs through absolutely nothing but the imagination of mere story tellers or because of something much more real.

Okey, this one sort of creeped me out. I had something like this happen to me twice. Bear with me here an I try an keep it short. I live on Rt.5 here in central NY just outside of New Hartford. Okey. I'm stopped at the end of my driveway checking for traffic before I pull out heading east towards NH. No cars in sight I have a unobstructed view to the west roughly about a mile, no cars, houses, nothing. Nothing to the east about a half mile view. All clear both ways. I pull start to pull out and a car just appears in front of me in the east bound lane I jump on my brakes keeping eye contact with it and the cars is gone poof. It was an old style probably from the 50's? blue car pretty good condition tailfins an crome.
The second time same thing stopped end of driveway no traffic either way. I pull out into east bound lane glance up at my rear view mirror and a white car is right on top of me, again a fairly old car I look back at the road, then back to the mirror and the cars gone, no place to turn off till just before town. The odd thing was it didn't seem like the even knew I was there.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I adore these time travel stories! I remember a lot of the stories told here and more.

I remember a photo I'm trying to find a lady had taken in her back yard and when developed there was a first nation camp in the photos. She had been no where near anywhere like that.

I did find this photo;
Can you spot the time traveler?

And this video

I can't find the pics I'm talking about anywhere. Anyone else seen them?

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
everything is everywhere instantaneously
time and space don't exist
going anywhere at a certain time is an illusion

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I had an experience once. It was about 25 years ago. Make of it what you will, call it what you want but here it is. I was out of work at the time and was job hunting. the job service gave me a list of jobs to check on. I was in an area I did not know and got lost. I am driving my '77 Honda Civic down this dirt road. I had no clue to where I was. Up ahead of me this old car comes around the corner and does not make the turn. I race to the scene think that some fool just wrecked very nice old car. What I got to the spot where it left the road I could not see it. There should have been a path plowed though the kudzu but there was no path. I am yelling to see if any one answers me. I can not see any thing. Then I see it. The old rusted out shell with vines growing thought the windows. I had just seen the car wreck and now it looked like it had been there for 40 or 50 years. I almost killed my self getting back in my car. I was driving like a mad man. I came out on a paved road only then did I stop and think about what I had seen. This is true and it happened to me. Make of it what you will

PS: From as best as I can guess from looking at old cars on the net it looks like it may have been a 1940 Plymouth

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   

In "The Hotel Time Warp" surely, when the couple paid the 19 Francs in 1979, the money would have been noticably different than money from pre 1905, wouldn't it?

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   

For the story caught in a temporal vortex tho interesting enough, it might shock you to know that the left hemisphere of the brain operates the right side of the body and vice versa when it comes to the right side of the brain. So if she were to have leaned in to grab that individual out we would expect the same side of the head to be paralyzed as well as the same side of the body, because it is in this vortex. Not possible! It would be more likely to see full paralysis if this is true, because the left side of the body would be paralyzed from the vortex and because the left side of the brain would be effected as well the right side of the body would result in paralysis. Resulting in full paralysis or at least more disrupted neural activity.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Wow, some very interesting accounts on here from different folks. I must say that I do not have any special senses of anything, or any accounts of my own to offer up, although I've always wondered about deja vu as I do experience that from to time, however it is not cyclical and just kind of happens on it's own. This has been a good read though.

I think that it's only a matter of time, heh, no pun intended, until there's a breakthrough for us here on the blue marble with time travel, parallel universe or string theory. The possibilities are endless.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I just wonder? We've got a pretty good group of people seeing things like this from the past. It would be interesting to see if it is going on from our little point in time forward. I guess what I'm saying poorly is, are people from the future getting glimpses of us?

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silverado292
I remember in 1996 I was laying on my bed doing some homework and I had my door closed. I remember turning on my side looking towards the door when a few moments later to my surprise someone opened my door and was about to take a step in. Now this didn't last too long but it was startling and I remember all the thoughts flowing through my head. At first I thought we were being robbed then I realized the kids face who looked about the same age had the same look of shock. I remember from his clothes he looked like he stepped right out of the 1920's, he then recoiled in fear and slammed my door.

Then my mom hearing my door slam comes to investigate, she opens the door asking what the heck I was doing slamming doors. I told her what happened and that I thought maybe it was a ghost, her reply was Sour Lake was an old town and there were houses where ours were all the way back to the mid 1800's. Her reckoning was time bled together or something like that. We had other weird things happen at the house I came to found out later that the previous owners who had built this particular house passed away, you want to guess which room they died in??

I think that this story happens to be the most interesting and most significant on this thread, imo anyways. It is, imo a perfect example of a timeslip. It is a fantastic idea, a thought I had never thought of before, a horrific idea that now I will never be able to be fully comfortable with. The idea that I can run into somebody from the past or future in my very own home. How radical a notion is that? I will never be able to walk around a corner in the dark the same again!

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Absolutely fascinating. I've heard a few stories like this before and a few things seem to pop up here and there. If these have been mentioned already, forgive me. First, some sort of electrical disturbance, whether they are rare nonatomic constituent particles or electrons behaving in a way (quantum?) we don't understand yet (electrical storms, cold sensations), I can't say. Next, the former of which could be registered, objects disappearing suddenly. It's excellent that there are stories from both the "victim" (though that word might not be accurate) and observer perspectives.

What I found most intriguing about the entirety of the post was the Avingnon Hotel case in which the film used in the hotel didn't develop. Now, I'm an amateur photographer myself, and I've taken whole rolls of film with cameras that plainly didn't develop with no evidence of inadvertent time travel on my part, whether by faulty shutter, lens, light-leaking, or bad film. However, if the mechanisms of time travel emit large amounts of naked-eye invisible particles that somehow interact with the light-sensitive silver salts on film, that could be something into which one could look. If indeed some unknown radiation is the cause or result of time travel, testing of some sort should be done on people like the woman with

I'm going to go buy some film and do some experimentation at some point. If I can get access to various forms of radiation invisible to the naked eye, I'll make a post. Thanks for posting this, OP!

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Lady_Tuatha

This reminded me of one of Bill Cosby's skits where his mother tell's him as a child "I'm gonna knock you into the middle of next week!"

"I wish you would because I'm having a heck of a time this week"

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join