It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Removal of College Fraternity Secrets Threads

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 12:34 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ghostlandseller

You are right that frat boys spill at least some secrets to girls. When I was in a frat, a girl who happened to date a member of our house, told one of our pledges with great accuracy and detail all the hazing that went on during initiation. I had to stand there and say what she saying was completely untrue and tell her she did not know what she was talking about because only real brothers know what goes on during our special initiation. Of course, everyone that was present knew she was right.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Some pics with hazing theme :

Guys are 18+ of course and all is game only ...

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 03:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Mirthful Me

If you've never been a brother of a fraternity, I suggest you shut the # up because you don't know what you're talking about. The beer drinking, paddling parts of certain fraternities is not apparent in ALL fraternities. Depending on the fraternity, it goes much deeper than that. Don't speak on what you don't know.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Organizations have the right to privacy/secrecy.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by KSigMason
Organizations have the right to privacy/secrecy.

I agree that they have the rights to privacy but not secrecy. Think about it; it's not against any law to "spill the beans" of the dark rituals that go on in fraternities. Many of them are so crazy and detrimental to that person that they feel like they would be considered an outcast if they told people about it. (kinda like someone that saw an alien and is afraid to tell their family or something)

Some crazy, sexual, dark, and shady stuff goes on in frats, people need to be aware.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Ignorance_Defier

Its not against civil law, but it would be a breach of our Oaths, the breaking of would result in our expulsions from the Fraternity.

What kind of stuff do you think happens in college fraternities?

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Mirthful Me

Ok now come on. That hurts man! Yeah beer is amazing, but who says that's all we do in fraternities? I mean don't get me wrong, Animal House is a classic and I love it, but it's all Hollywood! I was always told I look good in a suit, and if anyone ever called it a funny costume I would be quite confused. Also, I would kick my Big's ass if he even touched me with the paddle I made him. We don't hit each other with them! They're traditional gifts we give our big brothers when we get initiated. My paddle is hanging on the wall in his room.

The reason there may have been a problem with secrets being posted, is because every Fraternity's ritual is different. They all have decades of history behind them. We don't want to lose that!

Here's an example. If you and a good friend had something that bonded you two together that only the two of you did, it wouldn't feel as special if one day you went out and EVERYONE knew what it was and did the exact same thing! So that's why we like to keep them secret.

I'm a Sigma Nu Brother, and I'm proud to be one. However, one thing I will always remember, that some people forget, is that being in a Fraternity makes me no better than anyone else. I try to be the best I can be because of it, but I look at people outside of Fraternities as complete equals.

posted on Jul, 13 2021 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: prunetacos
Maybe somebody knows how something that's never written down or recorded can be copyrighted. In the case of Kappa Kappa Gamma, a women's fraternal organization, the Book of Ritual doesn't have anything secret written down, except in an indecipherable code (and the code isn't in the book of ritual). The members are forbidden from writing any of the information down. For example, the Ideals of the organization are nowhere to be found in the whole book, yet they certainly exist and are passed down to every new initiate. If someone on the outside finds out such material from such a not-for-profit organization as KKG, how does copyright law apply to that? I know that many of their secrets were described on the Fraternitysecrets.com website before the message board was taken down.

I AM WE ARE Q-711 I AM WE ARE WILL AVENGE YOUR DEATH BRUCE EDWARD IVINS. WE SHALL NEVER FORGET!!! HE GAVE HIS LIFE IN ORDER TO PROTECT HIS FELLOW PATRIOTS SOON YOU SHALL ALL LEARN WHY HE DIED AND WHAT HE DIED FOR AND WHY HE PROTECTED MANY! TO EXPOSE THE ONE OPEN YOUR EYES LUKE 8:17

posted on Sep, 28 2022 @ 05:39 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join