It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
Originally posted by hallucinated
Lol, what the hell is with college fraternities. These people need to get lives.
Originally posted by hotpinkurinalmint
Under most U.S. states' laws (sorry if I cannot speak for the rest of the world) a trade secret is
i) any knowledge that has *ANY* value
ii) that is subject to reasonable efforts to keep it secret.
Originally posted by Lotiki
[sarcasm]This makes me feel all warm and fuzzy about ATS...[/sarcasm]
So, If I had undeniable proof that the Bush administration was behind 9-11 and posted it here, all they have to do is say "please take that down, we have a reason to keep that a secret." and it would be removed?
If I had a recording of the last Bilderberg group and posterd it here, all they have to do is say, " Please remove that information from your site, we have a reason that we need to keep that secret." it would be taken down.
......yep....Warm and fuzzy.
Digital Millennium Copyright Act (Updated May 2nd, 2007)
It is our policy to respond to notices of alleged infringement that comply with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (found at the U.S. Copyright Office) and other applicable intellectual property laws. It is our policy to remove material from public view that we believe in good faith to be copyrighted material that has been illegally copied and distributed by any of our members or users. It is also our policy to terminate the accounts of repeat offenders. If we remove or disable access to comply with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act we will make a good-faith attempt to contact the owner, author, or administrator of each affected site so that they may make a counter notification pursuant to sections 512(g)(2) and (3) of that Act.
If you believe that content residing on or accessible through our website infringes a copyright for which you own or are a designated agent, please send a notice of infringement by contacting us with information that sets forth the items specified below.
To expedite our ability to process your request, please use the following format:
* Title of the specific thread that contains the copyrighted work.
* Post number of the specific post that contains the copyrighted work.
* Link to the specific post (available via the "this post" link on each post) you believe contains the copyrighted material.
* Specific nature of the copyright infringement you believe is occurring.
* Details of your claim to the material, or your relationship to the material copyright holder.
* Provide your full name, address, and telephone number should we need to clarify your claim.
* Provide a working email address where we can contact you to confirm your claim.
* Include the following statement: "I have a good faith belief that use of the copyrighted materials described above on the allegedly infringing web pages is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law."
* Include the following statement: "I swear, under penalty of perjury, that the information in the notification is accurate and that I am the copyright owner or am authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner to make this complaint."
We will review your claim and determine its merit. If, after our review, we believe your claim is sufficient to remove the information from public view, we will do so immediately and provide you with confirmation. If your claim is insufficient to act upon, or, in our consideration the material has been posted with a good faith effort and compliant with the DMCA, we will notify you and provide you opportunity to clarify or seek additional remedy.
Originally posted by hotpinkurinalmint
In the US, trade secrets are not protected by federal laws, but by state laws and state courts.
The definition you cited is found in a federal law