It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alex Jones launches $10,000 "V for victory" flyer contest

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Divine Strake
Yeah, while I support the concept and the idea. . .I think I will refrain from entering the contest. No matter what I believe or don't believe, I do not want to publicly be associated with a man who shoots up a school board meeting or a congresswoman.

I spent a few minutes coming up with what I think is a great idea as part of an entry for this contest, but, right now is not the time for me to be "caught up" in the media circus.

On January 14, 1941, Victor de Laveleye, former Belgian minister of Justice and director of the Belgian French-speaking broadcasts on the BBC (1940–1944), suggested in a broadcast that Belgians use a V for victoire (French: “victory”) and vrijheid (Dutch: "freedom") as a rallying emblem during World War II. In the BBC broadcast, Laveleye said that "the occupier, by seeing this sign, always the same, infinitely repeated, [would] understand that he is surrounded, encircled by an immense crowd of citizens eagerly awaiting his first moment of weakness, watching for his first failure." Indeed, within weeks chalked up Vs began appearing on walls throughout Belgium, the Netherlands and northern France.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by ericsnow

Okay, I'm in.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Im in too , a small step is better than no step , If done well it is something that can inspire us , something that could educate others and something that could make people switch sides.
They have the wealth but we have power in numbers , they are trying their hardest to bring the NWO but this will show them their plans are being exposed and many of us know who the REAL enemies are .

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Anyone else think Alex should pay more than 3 places? I think it should be like this...

1st - $5000
2nd - $2000
3rd - $1500
4th - $1000
5th - $500

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
maybe , but to be honest it shouldn't be about money , the reward were after is true freedom that none of us have ever experienced . Hats off to Alex for offering money period .

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I see this whole alex campaign as a fail.
As someone already pointed out, the V is very commonplace in Hollywood etc.
Anyone not in the know would see this and think, those crazy sci fi nut kids vandalizing again…
They would not understand that V actually had some real meaning
This V symbol may incite kids or others to go out and spray-paint the side of a building, and if caught, would allow them to be indoctrinated into the prison system, or even worse killed for making a stupid move.
Folks we already have enough suspicion that al is a bigtime schill, now this may not be enough to convict but I would hope it would be enough to cause people to use their brains and question who benefits from the idea? Or how could this play out?
I will sit on the sidelines as well and watch the fallout, as the nwo wants us to make the first move. This would put them on the moral highground.
Remember whomever fires the first shot loses in this war.

edit on 22-1-2011 by g146541 because: make is spelled make and not makr, makr sounds like a cool weapon though.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
The Obama "Joker" flyer contest was huge because that graphic of Obama was controversial. This "V" flyer thing is much too "plain" and will in most cases be mistaken for gorilla marketing for the Sci-Fi TV show "V". I know I wouldn't give that flyer a second look.

This doesn't mean I'm critical of Alex Jones - I love his radio show
and websites and his core message - but I don't think this flyer thing was very well thought out.

edit on 22-1-2011 by harrytuttle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by harrytuttle
The Obama "Joker" flyer contest was huge because that graphic of Obama was controversial. This "V" flyer thing is much too "plain" and will in most cases be mistaken for gorilla marketing for the Sci-Fi TV show "V". I know I wouldn't give that flyer a second look.

This doesn't mean I'm critical of Alex Jones - I love his radio show
and websites and his core message - but I don't think this flyer thing was very well thought out.

edit on 22-1-2011 by harrytuttle because: (no reason given)

I see where you are coming from but Alex Jones had to do something in response to TSA's 3 new "anyone can be a terrorist" videos. What would you propose instead of the V?
edit on 22-1-2011 by ericsnow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
It is nice to find someone promoting peaceful protest. It can be an enpowering act...

kx

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Who could take Alex Jones seriously? He is nothing but a conservative in the guise of a conspiracy theorist.

All he peddles is obsession and underneath his ramblings is nothing but a primitive conservative ideologue.

For a clown like him to abrogate the V symbol . . . I don’t know whether it is a joke or a blasphemy.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

I knew someone would bring out the Clay Duke school board shooter.

I don't think it is a good idea to do this..

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by hillynilly
reply to post by SaturnFX

I knew someone would bring out the Clay Duke school board shooter.

I don't think it is a good idea to do this..

I think it is. So what if the lamestream media tries to tie Alex Jones to that shooter? NO ONE watches lamestream media anymore. It's a freakin joke! All this contest is going to do is drive the few sheeple still watching crap like MSNBC to infowars and there they will be exposed to the truth. It really can't backfire. It's actually pretty genius when you think about it.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
What's a good FREE video editing software? I think I'm going to submit something for this V contest even though I probably wont win. All I want to do is take certain parts of various videos from youtube, clip them together in a single video and lay some audio over top of it all.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join