It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POLITICS: Proposal for Postponement of Nov Elections

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Echtelion
And just as I said in a previous post, there are some neocons here that are so desperate in their faith in the Bush administration that even if Bush would go to jail for murder and drug trafficking, they would refuse to believe that he could do this and try to help him escape!

Both the conclusions from the 9/11 commission and earlier reports from UN inspectors indicated that there was no proof or any single evidence that Iraq had the military capacity to pose a threat to the US in ANY WAY. The WMD factories have been destroyed by the US in the '90s... Saddam's troops were just a Third World country brigade, and there's even no proof that Saddam had anything to do with Al Qaida. That whole story about Saddam buying nuclear stockpiles from an African country was proven fake. Even Bush himself admitted today that the reasons to go at War with Iraq have been exagerrated! Face it, Muaddib, the big lie is dead... it does'nt work anymore!

Please be honest -both to youself and other people here-, and stop trying to force us to live in your world where 2 + 2 equals 5!

You want to make this go off topic again. There has been information posted , from sources other than the US administration, that Saddam/Iraq did have wmd. I am sure most people here, at least most who have responded, are trying to hold on only to the theory that "neocons must be behind it all" but i am reporting on the other side of the issue, from sources that should be reliable since they oppose Bush and the administration in general. You want me, a reporter, not to post the other side of the issue and just nod dumbly my head to your assertions, sorry, but I can think for myself and don't need you to tell me how to think, or what to think.

Oh btw, you want more honesty from me? alright I'll give you more honesty. What you call "lie" was started by the Clinton administration.

[edit on 12-7-2004 by Muaddib]

df1

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 11:38 PM
link   
What had been merely a rumor has now become fact.

The Bush administration has asked for legislation enabling it to postpone the November election as a result of a terror attack. While worded very carefully to suggest that an attack must take place for such a move; I do not see either of the below stories unequivocally state that, if granted, these powers might not also permit elections to be �postponed� on merely a well-publicized threat. Don�t believe the press stories. Read the legislation when it is introduced to see what it says there. If that discretion is included then we are at the edge of an abyss more dangerous than anything we have ever faced.

These powers, if enacted, will go to the Department of Homeland Security. DHS would also be the entity to decide when, or if, postponed elections would be held.
Link

I have no doubt that those wishing to inhibit discussion on this topic will whine about the source or again change the subject. Unless you desire the next king george, it is time to hammer this subject and our legislators real hard, making it clear you do not want this crap.

I am reminded of the movie "Network", open your windows and scream
"I am madder than hell and I am not going to take it any more".

[edit on 12-7-2004 by Banshee]

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by df1
I have no doubt that those wishing to inhibit discussion on this topic will whine about the source or again change the subject. Unless you desire the next king george, it is time to hammer this subject and our legislators real hard, making it clear you do not want this crap.

I am reminded of the movie "Network", open your windows and scream
"I am madder than hell and I am not going to take it any more".

[edit on 12-7-2004 by Banshee]

No one is trying to inhibit what you want to say, as long as you don't resort to insults, and keep it to a logical discussion..... You yourself want discussion only on what you belief and don't seem to want to acknowledge that there could be another possibility. There has been talk of the "dictatorship of the US is upon us" for some years now, and it still hasn't happened. If Bush wanted some sort of dictatorship I don't think he would have voted in favour of the right of Americans to bear arms and....this just came to my attention from another member.
Bush Administration: No Postponment of Elections

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 01:25 AM
link   
hmmm. I hope everybody's been catching up on their survivalist training...

Perhaps this is whats necessary. The democracy and freedoms this country has enjoyed have always been under attack.
The founding fatheres were brilliant men who created a couple of documents they thought were versatile enough to withstand all forms of tyranny. But the evils of men and women seeking (the) power know little boundries.
I feel sadness but know that when the storm subsides, men a women will come together and create something new...something they think will be able to withstand the inevitable march of fascism.....again

and so it goes...and so it goes.

Next time there will need to be a synthesis of the great "individual" rights of western thought with a "eastern" understanding of the whole.
Whats left of the internet will be crucial for this.

Something to keep in mind if you're one of the "lucky" ones to survive:

Stay away from major eastern coastal cities, southwest states like Arizona and New Mexico should be fairly safe
Learn how to find and clean water affectively
Learn basic medical care...stiches, infection, splints, etc..
Practice fasting 48 hours every two weeks or eating every other day to train your body to act/react naturally under stress and nutritional deprivation
Keep a compass, radio/CB and flashlight close
Have several emails including at least one hosted outside the continental US
The mountains are your friend...lowlands will breed the most disease from stagant radiation
Know at least one person with a "defensible" position
Staying dry and warm is paramount
Have two guns...One long range rifle/scope, one close-range high impact shotgun
Learn to dry and store food without electricity
Exchange reserves of "paper" money into commodities that can be bartered or traded such as rubber, oil, rope, clothes, ammo, tools, metal, etc.
Think of ways of surviving the first 6 months as self-sufficiently as possible, after that communities should start reassembling on their own
Keep things that will remind you of life before the war...this will help stem off depression and give you a basis for reconstructing society.

some other things to contemplate:

There is no enemy anywhere - Lao Tse
There is no friend anywhere - Lao Tse

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 01:33 AM
link   
If anyone will bring some sort of dictatorship, it will be the democrats.

Oh btw, if you want to fight about something against Bush, fight against this.
White House Aims to Abolish Logging Rule This is one of the issues I think the Bush administration is wrong about.
I also forgot to point to the link where you can see Bush fighting for the rights of Americans, as individuals, to bear arms...a dictator...ya...

Bush Administration Backs Individual Right to Bear Arms

[edit on 13-7-2004 by Muaddib]

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 01:43 AM
link   
pfft, he is just trying to get the redneck vote with the whole fire arm thing, I don't see how they can take them away, it's the 2nd ammendment but thats besides the point.

what a wonderful world we live in, mmm pending terror attack? Now we can see into the future, lol but 9/11 happened even though Bush was given terror briefing but he just didn't have time for that. Woot look at the fear ruling us, save us, protect us from this unavoidable attack! lol

This is some BS there is no reason to do what he is doing.

Heil Mein Fuhrer!

[edit on 13-7-2004 by Lysergic]

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
pfft, he is just trying to get the redneck vote with the whole fire arm thing, I don't see how they can take them away, it's the 2nd ammendment but thats besides the point.

what a wonderful world we live in, mmm pending terror attack? Now we can see into the future, lol but 9/11 happened even though Bush was given terror briefing but he just didn't have time for that. Woot look at the fear ruling us, save us, protect us from this unavoidable attack! lol

This is some BS there is no reason to do what he is doing.

[edit on 13-7-2004 by Lysergic]

I guess you have no idea that Clinton has tried to ban weapons in the U.S. Saying only police officers, soldiers and government agents should have them..., and this is one of his, and his wife, goals...appart from him mentioning the "radical Constitution and radical Bill of Rights"........Who seems more like a dictator?

------edited---------

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Somehow Clinton seems irrelevant to this topic...

[Edited on 13-7-2004 by Lysergic]

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
Somehow Clinton seems irrelevant to this topic...

[Edited on 13-7-2004 by Lysergic]

Humm...lets see...I think we were talking about who would make a good dictator... and after all, it seems that Clinton is giving advice to Kerry.

Humm, what could they be talking about?.....

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 04:21 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Godwin's Law has been observed.

[edit on 7/13/2004 by Majic]

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 04:31 AM
link   
??????
oookay.....i was actually refering to this...

Perhaps Clinton is advising Kerry on what intern to hire...or maybe not.

Back to a more serious note, anyone has anything to say about the non-postponement for the elections?

df1

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 05:29 AM
link   
"Mothers United Against Dyslexic Discourse Invert Bush" (MUADDIB) have joined the republican party to translate the meaningless gibberish spoken by the president into more meaningless gibberish. The last MUADDIB translation which was intelligible to reporters was "Good Bush" to "Bush Good", we will keep you posted as this difficult task progresses. The next part of this effort will work on achieving the translation of phrases longer than 2 words, as well as, words longer than 4 letters. However the republican party is not hopeful, expressing little confidence in the president. MUADDIB has resorted to pictures to get out the presidents message until they can successfully crack the code.

The GOP is pushing to postpone elections until somebody can understand what the heck the president is saying.

[edit on 13-7-2004 by df1]

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Pfew! There I realize that Muaddib has a full-time job here...

Too bad that Dubyah will not be there to pay him his salary. Now it's not the website where you gonna read that phrase, but since this is an extreme case of non-giving up poster that wanna do everything to prove himself he's right, then: "Get a life", jingo!

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 10:45 AM
link   
[edit on 2004-7-14 by Teknik]

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by df1
"Mothers United Against Dyslexic Discourse Invert Bush" (MUADDIB) have joined the republican party to translate the meaningless gibberish spoken by the president into more meaningless gibberish. The last MUADDIB translation which was intelligible to reporters was "Good Bush" to "Bush Good", we will keep you posted as this difficult task progresses. The next part of this effort will work on achieving the translation of phrases longer than 2 words, as well as, words longer than 4 letters. However the republican party is not hopeful, expressing little confidence in the president. MUADDIB has resorted to pictures to get out the presidents message until they can successfully crack the code.

The GOP is pushing to postpone elections until somebody can understand what the heck the president is saying.

Humm...I guess you two didn't understand I was jesting...you do understand what that means don't you?......or do you need me to spell it out for you also?....... The joke was way over your heads guys, well it figures, you are only democrats...

df1

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I personally found mine funnier than yours. Also more creative than cutting and pasting picture links. Now if the girl had been on her knees, then you'd of had something. Fear not, I suspect the mothers at MUADDIB will be back.

Be looking for them, the jesting has only begun.

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by df1
Now if the girl had been on her knees, then you'd of had something.

Obviously the book she is reading is not a hint for you.

You sure keep proving you are a democrat.

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 07:24 PM
link   
postponed? Not gonna happen. It would be a big mistake and a sign of weakness. I don't think it's even plausible.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join