It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POLITICS: Proposal for Postponement of Nov Elections

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 10:28 AM
link   

No real reason for terrorists to want Kerry to win? How about not being hunted down?

As far as I know Muaddib, Al Qaida is still alive and doing well... Even most of it's leaders are still there and they're doing a terrific job in Iraq since the end of the war last year. This wonderful "tracking" job that the Reps have been doing since the last 2 years consisted of nothing else than massively bombing two middle-eastern countries, taking them over, and harvesting their natural resources (Oil and opium), but for some reason the bad guys are still there! Talk of an elephant hunting a mouse...

As you may know, it's Clinton's administration who discovered the existence of the Al Qaida network and made Osama Bin Laden public enemy number 1, as for the Reps, well former president Bush was having a polite dinner with some of the Bin Ladens in a luxurious hotel in Manhattan on september 11th, just a few days before Osama was reinstated by Dubya as their America's archnemesis...

Some of you neocons are so desperatly faithful to this administration that even if Dubya would be accused for murder and drug dealing and go to jail for 25 years would would still believe in him and try to get him out of prison!

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 10:32 AM
link   
To those saying Neocons, Bush admin etc.. are planning terrorist attacks!

Your nuts

Lets not confuse politics with murderous intent. I am not for Bush, only because he rushed into an unjustified war against Iraq. I do however believe Bush's heart is in the right place. He did right in Afganistan, and reorganizing/ revitalizing our HUMNIT and other intelligence operations.

He loves America. He just does not need to be president. He should step down in my opinion, but I can wait for the election which I am sure he will lose.

No way would Bush or any true american plan an attack on our own people. Never..

Bush is brash and arrogant, and has very poor judgement in my opinion and maybe even a war monger, but I do believe he loves America and what he has done, is what he actually thinks is the right thing to do for the American people. Lets not get silly and start accusing each other of murderous intent because that simply is not and cannot be true no way no how.. Some lines just do not need to be crossed to support one candidate or the other and this is one of them IMO!

X

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 11:37 AM
link   
In my opinion, if the elections should be postponed and Bush Co. is pushing the issue, then we lose the War on Terror. If there should be some type of attack directly targeting the election itself or on a large enough scale to totally disrupt government then it's worth the debate to discuss.

If the elections are delayed and little or nothing happens, then there's something far more evil in the works beyond terrorists...I find it hard to believe that these types of dooms-day scenerios do not have contingency plans already in place from decades ago...

[edit on 7/12/2004 by muckminer]

df1

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 01:11 PM
link   
If the elections must be canceled due to terrorism, while we are waiting for an election kerry and bush should be made co-presidents switching roles between president and vice president on a weekly basis each with his own cabinet. In congressional elections the dem/rep candidates should be required to share the congressional office and all votes should require unamimous agreement between the two. I see no reason why either side should receive an advantage.

Certainly if the crisis is so grave, it would be of benefit to have more minds on the problems.

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 03:10 PM
link   
[edit on 2004-7-14 by Teknik]

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Teknik
jibjab.com...
Thanks for that one.
That was too funny!

On a serious note, I've found some webpage that states in the highest levels of Government, there are rumours that Bush will declare a state of emergency just before the elections. He will use fake reports that North Korea or Iran are about to launce some nuclear strike against the USA.

If it's not a terrorist attack that Bush will use, it would be something like a fake report about a possible Nuclear attack from North Korea or Iran.

Link

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 04:17 PM
link   
O.K. Last I checked, it was the States responsabiloity to run elections, not the Federal Government. Most States already have contingency plans in place to deal with natural disasters, etc.

And I thought that it was a staple of the Republican party to keep Federal Government small!?!

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 06:26 PM
link   
This topic has also been discussed somewhat on another thread:

Bush's Conspiracy To Keep Control

On that thread, I have offered my opinions.

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Echtelion
As far as I know Muaddib, Al Qaida is still alive and doing well... Even most of it's leaders are still there and they're doing a terrific job in Iraq since the end of the war last year. This wonderful "tracking" job that the Reps have been doing since the last 2 years consisted of nothing else than massively bombing two middle-eastern countries, taking them over, and harvesting their natural resources (Oil and opium), but for some reason the bad guys are still there! Talk of an elephant hunting a mouse...

As you may know, it's Clinton's administration who discovered the existence of the Al Qaida network and made Osama Bin Laden public enemy number 1, as for the Reps, well former president Bush was having a polite dinner with some of the Bin Ladens in a luxurious hotel in Manhattan on september 11th, just a few days before Osama was reinstated by Dubya as their America's archnemesis...

Some of you neocons are so desperatly faithful to this administration that even if Dubya would be accused for murder and drug dealing and go to jail for 25 years would would still believe in him and try to get him out of prison!

Of course, you are not saying anything about those leaders and members of AL Qaeda, and other terrorist cells, that we have killed and captured....
So please, do not even think us to be so naive that we would believe we have done nothing with this war. We made Saddam destroy and dismantle his factories that had been producing wmd up to late 2003, Gaddafi has stated that they have stopped their wmd programs and is urging other Middle East countries to do the same, this was because of the war but you seem to want to forget about it... You are ignoring everything that has been accomplished so far.

War is hell, but wars have accomplished a lot more than some people give it credit for. You want to call it warmongering to want to stop who killed over 3,000 Americans and some 190 dead in the Madrid bombings? Would you have preferred to let Al Qaeda and other terrorist cells have more freedom to cause more damage?

What exactly did Clinton do when he found out about Al Qaeda? Nothing. What did he do, and his administration, when there was a third terrorist from the Middle East, in the OKC bombing, and he had connections to Al Qaeda? the Clinton administration hid this from the public.
What did Clinton do when the Cole was attacked? just bomb some empty places in the middle east.....
Where were your cries of outrage and bashing of the Clinton administration in the bombing of Yugoslavia?...." where was the outcry when we waged war against parts of Europe that really posed no threat against the US, or other countries?

[edit on 12-7-2004 by Muaddib]

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by scottsquared
O.K. Last I checked, it was the States responsabiloity to run elections, not the Federal Government. Most States already have contingency plans in place to deal with natural disasters, etc.

And I thought that it was a staple of the Republican party to keep Federal Government small!?!

well, if I understand what I heard tonight on the news, NY does not have the authority to reschedule a national election....we were in the primaries on 9/11 and since it was just the primary, they had the authority to cancel it...but if something like that happpened during the main election, many in the city might have lost their right to vote....or the two parties would have been bickering until the courts stepped in and we would have a fiasco like there was in florida..

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Oh, and lets not forget what CLinton is saying now.

Clinton defends successor's push for war
Former President Clinton has revealed that he continues to support President Bush's decision to go to war in Iraq but chastised the administration over the abuses at Abu Ghraib prison.

"I have repeatedly defended President Bush against the left on Iraq, even though I think he should have waited until the U.N. inspections were over," Clinton said in a Time magazine interview that will hit newsstands Monday, a day before the publication of his book "My Life."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

At least he is being honest, on this issue at least, and lets not forget some of the other things he said of Iraq/Saddam.

" If Saddam rejects peace and we have to use force, our purpose is clear. We want to seriously diminish the threat posed by Iraq's weapons of mass destruction program.
William J. Clinton "

" One way or the other, we are determined to deny Iraq the capacity to develop weapons of mass destruction and the missiles to deliver them. That is our bottom line.
William J. Clinton "

"The community of nations may see more and more of the very kind of threat Iraq poses now: a rogue state with weapons of mass destruction, ready to use them or provide them to terrorists. If we fail to respond today, Saddam and all those who would follow in his footsteps will be emboldened tomorrow.
William J. Clinton "

Excerpted from.
www.brainyquote.com...

And lets not forget what other democrats have said, even before Bush, about Iraq and wmd.

Democrat Quotes on Iraq Weapons of Mass Destruction

Below is a link with quotes from other people, who supposedly lied about wmd in Iraq.

" "Without question, we need to disarm Saddam Hussein. He is a brutal, murderous dictator, leading an oppressive regime ... He presents a particularly grievous threat because he is so consistently prone to miscalculation ... And now he is miscalculating America's response to his continued deceit and his consistent grasp for weapons of mass destruction. ... So the threat of Saddam Hussein with weapons of mass destruction is real." - Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Jan. 23. 2003

Excerpted from.
www.liddyshow.us...

df1

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Muaddib
Oh, and lets not forget what CLinton is saying now...

You fail to mention that Clinton also said that he believed the weapons inspectors should have been allowed to complete their job and that the UN should have been used instead of unilateral action. Republicans have a serious problem with distorting facts and honesty. Muaddib, I pat you on the back, you have learned the art of deceit and corruption of the truth well. I have no doubt that the criminals in the white house are quite proud of you.

And lets not forget what other democrats have said, even before Bush, about Iraq and wmd...

How convenient that you omit the fact that has been spread all over the news, FAULTY CIA DATA ON IRAQ WMDs. Obviously a majority of these statements were made based on bad information, so I think it is dishonest of you to cite these quotes in support of bush's actions without boldly noting that fact.

This is off topic, so you are not even honest in the location you posted your misinformation, but I am compelled to respond as your assertions can not be allowed to stand.

[edit on 12-7-2004 by df1]

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 07:57 PM
link   
There is absolutely no reason these elections should be postponed.

In the Civil War when the state of the Union was up for grabs did we have an election? Yes

In World War 2 when the state of the World hung in the balance did we cancel the elections? No

There is no basis for postponing an election.

Now I can be labeled a conservative by my tone of posting here, but I swear if my right to vote is taken away due to some bull# homeland security move.

I will march on Washington.

This war on terror bs is getting out of hand.

Bush should be violently whipped and thrown in jail for turning America into a police state if he postpones the november election.

df1

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent47
There is absolutely no reason these elections should be postponed...

...Bush should be violently whipped and thrown in jail for turning America into a police state if he postpones the november election.

Very good Luke focus on the light and your escape from the forces of darkness will be complete. For once we agree. Dont let homeland security get you on the way to washington.

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by df1

Originally posted by Muaddib
Oh, and lets not forget what CLinton is saying now...

You fail to mention that Clinton also said that he believed the weapons inspectors should have been allowed to complete their job and that the UN should have been used instead of unilateral action. Republicans have a serious problem with distorting facts and honesty. Muaddib, I pat you on the back, you have learned the art of deceit and corruption of the truth well. I have no doubt that the criminals in the white house are quite proud of you.

And lets not forget what other democrats have said, even before Bush, about Iraq and wmd...

How convenient that you omit the fact that has been spread all over the news, FAULTY CIA DATA ON IRAQ WMDs. Obviously a majority of these statements were made based on bad information, so I think it is dishonest of you to cite these quotes in support of bush's actions without boldly noting that fact.

This is off topic, so you are not even honest in the location you posted your misinformation, but I am compelled to respond as your assertions can not be allowed to stand.

df1, do not profess to call me something I am not. i quoted from Clinton even the part where he said that he would have rather waited for the UN. Your slander is uncalled for, and belongs in the mud pit, not even there since its not true.

I was posting the truth that the Bush administration was not the first one to claim that Saddam had wmd, and there should be something done about it. This issue has not been resolved to say the least, as there are contradicting stories from what has been said of the 9/11 commission findings, and the information that is coming from some of Europe's leaders, like Putin, about the threat of Saddam.

As for the proposition to postpone the elections, i really doubt this will be done. Just because something is proposed, doen't mean it will become a law, or reality. I am in favour of elections, even if there is an attack on US soil.

df1

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Muaddib, your post was pure propaganda from the start by posting on Iraqi WMD information in a thread with a topic of "Postponment of Nov Elections".

And now you complain that I am unfair. Isn't that the pot calling the kettle black?

I'll not bicker with you further, I done.

[edit on 12-7-2004 by df1]

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Thank you US Justice Department for giveing Al-Quida a new idea!!!

Absurdity.
This is merely another attempt by the Bush administration to keep Bush in office in the event Kerry may win. (Though, I don't expect him too, no charisma at all, at least Bush has character.)

It'll be interesting to see how the next few years role out with the reformation of Homelaand Security and introduciton of the Patriot and Victory Acts.

Maybe we should protest...
- Tass

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by df1
Muaddib, your post was pure propaganda from the start by posting on Iraqi WMD information in a thread with a topic of "Postponment of Nov Elections".

And now you complain that I am unfair. Isn't that the pot calling the kettle black?

I'll not bicker with you further, I done.

You might be done but I am not, there were people, you seem to be among them, saying that there was no terrorist threat, once again proponing the idea that it was an unjust war and that nothing has been accomplished with the war. I did not begin with the Terrorist/Al Qaeda/war in Iraq topic, or that the Bush administration was the one who gave out "these lies".

I posted what was said by the previous administration and democrats even before Bush was in office. Who is calling the ketle back? and once more, unless your statements are true, do not go around slandering people. If you have anything else to say, by resorting to insulting or slandering, do it through u2u.

And please...do not accuse anyone of propaganda, when most of the responses to this article has been propaganda, even one of the links posted as a source for information is called "propagandamatrix."

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
The implementation of FEMA protocols and their impact on the electoral process was a hot topic at ATS 12-15 months ago.

I am not sure why this would even need to go through a "proposal" stage for it to come to pass... unless it is just a cover-up to make it look like there has been due consultation before this happens.

To the adjectives "most corrupt" and "most criminal" that apply to the Bush administration's place in US governmental history, prepare to add "most desperate".
Masked Avatar I frankly was stunned when I heard this had even been suggested one can just imagine martial law being instituted under the vaguest pretext or after a staged event for specifically that purpose I don't like it.

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 09:44 PM
link   

there were people, you seem to be among them, saying that there was no terrorist threat, once again proponing the idea that it was an unjust war and that nothing has been accomplished with the war.

And just as I said in a previous post, there are some neocons here that are so desperate in their faith in the Bush administration that even if Bush would go to jail for murder and drug trafficking, they would refuse to believe that he could do this and try to help him escape!

Both the conclusions from the 9/11 commission and earlier reports from UN inspectors indicated that there was no proof or any single evidence that Iraq had the military capacity to pose a threat to the US in ANY WAY. The WMD factories have been destroyed by the US in the '90s... Saddam's troops were just a Third World country brigade, and there's even no proof that Saddam had anything to do with Al Qaida. That whole story about Saddam buying nuclear stockpiles from an African country was proven fake. Even Bush himself admitted today that the reasons to go at War with Iraq have been exagerrated! Face it, Muaddib, the big lie is dead... it does'nt work anymore!

Please be honest -both to youself and other people here-, and stop trying to force us to live in your world where 2 + 2 equals 5!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join