It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POLITICS: Proposal for Postponement of Nov Elections

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 08:08 PM
link   
How in the world do you guys sleep at night? I would have never believed the thinking of some people without reading it here for myself.

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 08:09 PM
link   
This is weird! Even postponing the elections doesn't guarantee there won't be a terriorist attack before the newly proposed election date....makes me think there is something more here..

[edit on 11-7-2004 by ms_Bhavn]

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Well, folks, terrorism is alive in well in this country and on ATS.
The mere fact we are having this discussion speaks to the power ther terrorists have over us.

I say to them: BAH!!!!!! HUMBUG!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling

Hitler

Enabling Act.

Google those.

Does this remind you of anything?

"On March 23, 1933, the newly elected members of the German Parliament (the Reichstag) met in the Kroll Opera House in Berlin to consider passing Hitler�s Enabling Act. It was officially called the �Law for Removing the Distress of the People and the Reich.� If passed, it would effectively mean the end of democracy in Germany and establish the legal dictatorship of Adolf Hitler.

The �distress� had been secretly caused by the Nazis themselves in order to create a crisis atmosphere that would make the law seem necessary to restore order. On February 27, 1933, they had burned the Reichstag building, seat of the German government, causing panic and outrage. The Nazis successfully blamed the fire on the Communists and claimed it marked the beginning of a widespread uprising. "

Source: www.parkland.sd63.bc.ca:1084...

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 08:28 PM
link   
My point exactly Indy.

Dictatorship through legal means.

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 08:32 PM
link   
We already have the Patriot Act. Now all we need is a terrorist attack to justify suspending the election. Question is would enough people see through this? Would the result be a new revolution? Every country throughout history has had one. We certainly are not exempt. The country is ripe for one as it is. All it takes is a spark.

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Neocons plan a terror attack on the American Homeland. This is already in the works, as has been displayed when we first heard about it in the news this past May. They don't know where, or when, but they're sure Al-CIA-duh will try and disrupt the elections.

These orders to disrupt the elections are coming all the way from the top, namely, the neocon faction.

Let's see, they have credible intelligence, that was said first in May, then they remind us again in July. Now it is alarming. Yep, it's already being planned as we speak.

This is going to lead to massive riots, protests, Martial Law in some disruptive areas, and the Draft re-instatement next year in 2005. It's all playing out perfectly and they already have those plans in place.

has led analysts to conclude "they want to interfere with the elections," says one official.

Why should the terrorists want to interfere with the elections. There's no point behind, except that this terror attack will play nicely for G. W. Bush and his proposed postponement of the elections. The terrorists have nothing to gain for it.

But of course the real terrorists will have something to gain from it.

I have advice for the people of the United States. The Draft for Military Service is right around the corner. Prepare yourselves to serve in combat for your almighty leader.

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 08:59 PM
link   
I think this is just what Bush wants. Disrupt the elections and then throw this country into a state of flux. Then he can set them up for whenever he wants. Thus throwing the election in his direction.

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Nerdling Good thought

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 12:09 AM
link   
All this conspiratory and doom and gloom talk. Look which type of people are here spewing it....LIBERALS...I dont see any Neo-cons posting any of this crap here...only fearful people that are already pre-dispositioned to disliking Bush as well as the government in general....

Perhaps this is just a case of our leaders actually trying to plan ahead for a disaster by creating contingencies to use if an attack of such a magnitued occured that hindered many people from safely gitting to the poles.

Most Americans are too self centered and lazy to band together, risking their jobs let alone their lifes to organize and take place in any kind of revolution....unless the social order was in serious jeapordy of complete collapse, with multiple interruptions of water, food, electric ect for greater than 2 weeks soild.
I can not see them doing this because they didnt get to vote because it was postponed.

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 12:22 AM
link   
I've been telling my husband for months that Bush was looking for an excuse to declare martial law.
He thought I was being very melodramatic.
Today, he heard the report about the possible postponement of the elections and now says : Hey, Joey, I think you may be right.
This is one thing I don't want to be right about.
Scarey process...in the 60's I would have been out in the streets protesting at the mere suggestion of such of thing.
Baffled and Befuddled,
joey

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Indy
The terrorists have no real reason to try and disrupt our elections. They have nothing to gain from it. Given the advanced warning we have been given by our government I can only assume that any attack around election time would have been coordinated by our own government and I along with many others would assume a suspension of the elections to be a war against the people of the US by our own government. If you want to remain in office all I can say is think long and hard before you try and suspend any election.

No real reason for terrorists to want Kerry to win? How about not being hunted down? Kerry would do pretty much the same thing that Clinton did, which was not to do anything about terrorism except bomb empty places somewhere in the Middle East and then proclaim he did his job.

Being free to do pretty much what they want to do....That sounds to me like a good motive for terrorists to attack right about election time.

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 05:43 AM
link   
What if there was a major attack?
What if the elections weren't postponed in it's aftermath?
What if you couldn't vote because the situation caused by the attack made it impossible to do so?

Yeah, I can just see it now. "Bush staged the attack so we couldn't go to the polling stations".

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Click here

[edit on 12-7-2004 by AceWombat04]

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 07:42 AM
link   

NavyDog
Well someones prediction at ATS is about to come true. So many naysayers have really brushed this one off - this article gives me the chills. Elections are so important in this country - they must continue despite any disruption. I am really interested to hear ATS member chatter on this one.

Is terrorism so effective and powerful it can alter the democratic process of a country?
It's your right to hold elections otherwise what are you defending your country against?

[edit on 12-7-2004 by shanti23]

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Well,the U.S had an election in the middle of WW2.

Are we the only ones carrying this as a top story ??

It's not hard to see the potential consequences of letting it be known that contingencies are be drawn up which could stop the democratic process in it's tracks.

Al Qaeda have a goal now and Bush has set the goal for them.They didn't know that the Madrid bombing would lead to Spanish withdrawal from Iraq but they know for sure that an attack on the U.S would lead to democracy in the U.S being postponed.

And as Nerdling pointed out once it's gone it's often hard to get back.That will be it in the U.S until the war on terror has been won and who abitrates whether victory over this ill defined enemy has been acheived ? Why Bush himself.

The man who once said that a dictatorship in the U.S would be a good thing as long as he was the dictator.

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Looks like all the (so called) News agencies have bought-in hook, line, and sinker. They are doing the familiarization for the Repugnants. By veilling the proposal under the auspices of National Security, they give an alledgedly, reasonable, excuse for delaying the election. You could say that we are playing into the hand of the terrorists, but I ask: Which terrorists? The Neocon Terrorist Party?!?

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 08:51 AM
link   
If anything like this happened, I could support a plan that called for the governement to be turned over to the previous president, untill the elections could be held. This way you can prevent the sitting power from abusing the situation. Thats right boys and girls Hillary and Monica would be back in buisness!

X

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Let's forget terrorism ofr a moment!

What would happen in the following scaenario: First Tuesday in November in a Presidential election. An eartrhquake of massive proportion hits the west coast, disabling California and much of Washington, Oregon and Alaska.

Would the election be able to be held? Maybe we should have a fall-back plan?

_________
On another note, if we provide alternate plans ofr any election in this country, haven't the terrorists ALREADY WON, without doing any physical damage to our nation? Emotional and mental terrorism is perhaps more deadly to our Nationhood that any bomb could be.

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Heres what I think is ODD, Please Read Below.

"Soaries, who was appointed by President Bush, is a former New Jersey secretary of state and senior pastor of the 7,000-member First Baptist Church of Lincoln Gardens in Somerset.

Newsweek reported that Soaries expressed concern that no federal agency had the authority to postpone an election and asked Ridge to ask Congress to give his commission such power."

Above Taken from CNN

www.cnn.com...

THIS IS THE GUY WHO WANTS AUTHORITY TO POSTPONE ELECTIONS!!!!
An Appointed By Bush , Senior Pastor? If that aint odd then I dont know what odd is.

PS I think the Bushies are on here yelling because this one actually does sound fishy and there not much more to say. I am far from Liberal, but something just aint rght with this.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join