It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(Video) Victim of alleged police brutality still in custody: family

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   

(Video) Victim of alleged police brutality still in custody: family

www.ctvbc.ctv.ca

Video of the arrest shows Tavares kneeling on the street when an officer appears to wind up and kick him. When another officer rolls him over, his face is covered in blood and there appears to be a pool of blood where he was lying.

He was taken into custody and faces a charge of dangerous use of a firearm.

Officers uncovered a shotgun from Tavares' truck, but RCMP Supt. Bill McKinnon confirmed Friday that Tavares is a former employee of the golf course who had a permit to scare away geese
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Dear lord! ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!? This one has to be seen to be believed folks!

Make sure to click on the video!

This guy is prone on his hands and knees, appears to be cooperating, and this cop just football punts him in the face, full force, knocking him unconscious, and leaving him face down in a pool of blood!

This is absolutely unbelievable! And it sounds like he had BRAIN INJURIES in relation to this?

I really don't even know what to say here people. Really sad.

*Edit to add in embedded video*

www.ctvbc.ctv.ca
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 20-1-2011 by DimensionalDetective because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Here we go again..

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
While both the government and main stream media keep its focus on terrorism, and alarmingly "domestic terrorism", the reality is that anyone of us have a far more likely chance of being killed by a police officer than by a terrorist...foreign or "domestic".

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
And this comes right on the heals of the ruling we have no right to record cops.
(IL ruling probably soon to be everywhere)

The bloods flowing on the streets.

I cry for our nation, and my children.

edit on 20-1-2011 by pianopraze because: video insert

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
What can I say.Getting kicked in the head by a police officer is abosolute brutal.He was just lying on the ground wating to be arrested.Did he do anything no.No police officer should do that its violence he bleeding from the head too!Thinges like this really madden me in society
If you arrest some one arrest them not kick them in the head or use other forms of violence.This is abosoulty shocking and i hope the police officer thinks about what he has done.Digusting

edit on 20-1-2011 by keelan55 because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-1-2011 by keelan55 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
It looks like the police in British Colombia are just like some cops here in the states. The brutality of some of these cops are truly sickening. The citizens need someone to protect them from the ones who are supposed to "Protect and Serve."

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
I do not think he had brain injuries due to this incident. What I got from the article is that he was already suffering from brain injuries and was on disability leave from work when this incident happened. So basically, here we have a guy with a shotgun. He has a permit to use this shotgun to scare away geese at his place of employment. He is currently on disability leave from work due to a brain injury, and we have a police officer kick a prone and defenseless man with brain injuries already, right in the face and head. I am not going to bother giving much of an opinion on the actual incident. I personally feel that the video speaks for itself. What I do want to touch on is the level of force.

Mixed Martial Arts fighting is considered to be one the of most barbaric sports by our Government. It has been described as "human cock fighting". Even though it is regulated, it is still considered to be "barbaric". In Mixed Martial Arts fights, it is illegal to kick a downed opponent in the face. Even if the opponent has just one hand touching the ground, or one knee, it is illegal to kick or knee them in the face. The reason for this is because of how dangerous a kick to the face actually is. The leg is much much stronger than anything you can strike someone with. Studies have shown that the pounds per square inch of force that comes from the blow is such that the risk of serious injury is great. A kick in the face to a defenseless downed man is deadly force. A knee to the top of the head of a downed opponent provides enough force to actually break the neck. A kick to the face of a downed opponent, like the one in the video, can provide enough force to snap the head back, breaking the neck and possibly severing the spinal cord. That is why attacks like this are illegal to perform in the most "barbaric sport" we have.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by pianopraze

Thanks for finding the embed link pianopraze!

I added it into my opening remarks as well.

This is definitely one that needs to be seen to be believed.

I can't even BEGIN to surmise what was going thru this cops head to dish out such a VISCIOUS blow to a prone suspect like that. He already had his gun drawn on the guy and the guy was getting down on the ground in a calm fashion!

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Your welcome.

What do we expect? They are getting nearly untouchable. We increasingly can't record them. Video of them is increasingly inadmissible in court. And their word is taken over ours.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
you may want to take a look at this one
another police brutality
(Europe, Slovakia)
lil older video

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   

I have no words for this.. That is straight up brutality.. Usually I can watch most alleged police brutality vids and see the cops side. That is not the case with this vid. Unbelievable..

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   

What an asshole. He knew he was in trouble when he saw that camera rolling... You can hear the assaulting police officer say "Hey Kelly your not filming my face are you?" "Can you edit that out?" To which Kelly replies "Yes sir."

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by DevilDog0311

Good ears DevilDog!

I couldn't pick up the audio real clearly, and was hoping someone else could.

My guess is that he was also an undercover cop, and probably didn't want his face shown for that reason as well.

But I honestly cannot understand this one, no matter how many angles I try to entertain in terms of what would lead to this type of absolute brutality. Just sickening.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   

just wait, the sheeple cop jocking trolls will jump to the stasi defense. or try and say this is the only time a cop ever acted malaciously.

"cops pin on their courage and strap on their balls" most cops are bigger degenerates than half the inmate population they put behind bars..

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
OK, now that is scarey, home town area, Okanagan, overrun by corruption and brutal cops. Well I knew we had crooked cops that worked for the Scottish Freemason realtors, and judges, city council, lawyers ETC, and they work for the U.N. Gang, black op type drug dealers You must know it all comes from the top and they have their damage control agents working on the vulnerable groups running this black market show.

And they try to follow and recruit teens like a grandson of my friends, we stood up and let this ex military, priviliged, from a very wealthy family, with rumors of being freemason know that WE KNEW, and he he knew that we knew as well, head went right down, and he laid off the kid because us girls would have wiped the town with the black ops had they kept it up. You leave the kids alone. You corrupt felons you!!!!

Corruption, crooked higher ups running things, and black ops casing the towns and mismanaging things, with crooked cops.

No movement against the people will prevail.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by PoorFool

Explanation: Your current Avatar of the bloke dry wretching TWICE is an understatement... but it nicely sums up how I felt after reading this thread and watching the video. Starred!

Personal Disclosure: S&F! for DD

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Funny thing is that this happened in Kelowna... not too many friendly people there. Territories are marked on every corner and violence is pretty rampant. One of my friends was gunned down there too...

I cna understand tough police in that city, but this pig knew what he was doing. Is he still suspended with pay?

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Uhm, you do have a right to record cops. The IL law has been challeneged and will be struck down, just like the other states.

Also, respectfully, people need to read the article before commenting. This incident occured in Canada, not the US.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 03:17 AM
link   

I have seen increasingly random acts of police brutality online having to do with outright deadly or at the very least brutal force and my opinion is a badge does not make you invincible when bullets can still pierce your skin. That badge does not protect them from my wrath if this ever happens to me or a member of my family. Let alone if I am present when anything like this happens. They better damn well use deadly force on me if they do something this brutal in my presence because I will use deadly force of my own, I know Taekwondo, Jeet Kun Do, basic boxing, and some Krav Maga. And I do know how to break bones, disarm an armed opponent, and kill if necessary. So they need to think twice before they pick on and piss off the wrong person or that person's family or friends.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join