It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(Video) Victim of alleged police brutality still in custody: family

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
It appears he was submitting to the officers and hence I don't see the need for the kick to his head. There was a lot of scuttle in the background and the cop moved off once the cuffs were on so something else did appear to be happening not sure what. Was another officer being jostled with and he ran to his aid? Did he kick the guy to get him down quickly and go help? I guess we will have to find out. That being said it appears this guy was way out of line based on the video we saw.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
reply to post by Tharsis

You guys are awesome.. You guys go nuts because a RCMP Officer kicks a guy in the face while critiquiing the officers actions, how they were not justified for the call, or justified by actions.

In the very next breath, you guys give details about what you would like to do to cops.

The term is hypocrite by the way. Just as people dont like to be sterotyped by cops, the same holds true for us. We are not any more perfect than you and as such, like you guys, we make mistakes and we will pay for those.

I just find it Ironic that you guys advocate the very same behavior you condem.

There was a same type of attitude from some in the thread about the woman being pulled over and punched too. Damn evil cops but I'd stomp em into the ground if I could and on and on. One guy even said his family would pay if that was his mother being punched. LOL. What the hell did his family do?

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   

reply to post by Tharsis

You guys are awesome.. You guys go nuts because a RCMP Officer kicks a guy in the face while critiquiing the officers actions, how they were not justified for the call, or justified by actions.

In the very next breath, you guys give details about what you would like to do to cops.

The term is hypocrite by the way. Just as people dont like to be sterotyped by cops, the same holds true for us. We are not any more perfect than you and as such, like you guys, we make mistakes and we will pay for those.

I just find it Ironic that you guys advocate the very same behavior you condem.

"You guys". This is what I'm talking about. Officer.com taught me that police view themselves on one side of the fence and non-cops on the other. And here you are perpetuating that. I said nothing of what I wish to do to cops, only that they be treated like normal citizens and be tried under the same guidelines as us and sentenced to lengthy jail terms for victimizing citizens. I'm sure the thought of what would happen to you or others behind bars scares you, but that the reality of it. You say you are not more perfect than us, then quit acting like being tried, convicted, and sentenced like us is tantamount to police brutality. This is why you are off base by saying "I just find it Ironic that you guys advocate the very same behavior you condem."

Originally posted by HoldTheBeans There was a same type of attitude from some in the thread about the woman being pulled over and punched too. Damn evil cops but I'd stomp em into the ground if I could and on and on. One guy even said his family would pay if that was his mother being punched. LOL. What the hell did his family do?

Same attitude? Where did I say I personally wanted to attack ANY cop. I wouldn't even open my door for a cop because I value my life. I'll say it again, I want equal court proceedings for cops and non-cops alike.

I truly believe, in my heart of hearts, that a few horror stories from cops in prison will do wonders to cure the overzealous behavior that is epidemic.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Tharsis

Quit reading into comments in an attempt to skew it to support the all cops are evil conspiraciy theory ok. My comment stands. "You guys" are the people who denounce law enforcement action while in the exact same breath advocate using the exact same action on the cops.

Its hypocritical and humerous at the exact same time, because people dont see it as being hypocritical.

Also I will point out the the us vs them mentality is also a hypocritical argument. The proof in that is your statement about what you learned from Policeones website. You will see in my posts here, as well as the 53 year old drunk driver thread, that at no point have I come across with an us vs them mentality.

That argument comes from people who need the us vs them mentality in order to push an agenda.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   

reply to post by Tharsis

"You guys" are the people who denounce law enforcement action while in the exact same breath advocate using the exact same action on the cops.

I don't think you get it.

Please explain, citing specific examples from my posts in this thread, how I advocated "using the exact same action on the cops".

I want them to face a judge, properly be detained in a correctional facility, and face the music that is sure to follow. I think you call that 'justice'.

Also I will point out the the us vs them mentality is also a hypocritical argument.

Thank you for admitting that all the officers who engage in this mentality are hypocrites.
edit on 1/24/11 by Tharsis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tharsis
I don't think you get it.

On the contrary.. I do get it, and have been dealing with it for sometime now everyday I go into work

Please explain, citing specific examples from my posts in this thread, how I advocated "using the exact same action on the cops".

ok....

Disturbing.

This is entirely common however. Of course, blind cop supporters come out and try to claim EVERYTHING is a 'deadly force situation'.

Why then, wasn't deadly force used?

If it was a deadly force situation, why isn't this guy dead like many others who have had unfortunate encounters with the police?

I would like to see lengthy prison sentences in all brutality cases. Perhaps some horror stories about ex-cops exposed to lengthy bouts of non-consensual 'prison love' will serve as a proper deterrent.

I was a member of Officer.com for a long time (still am, just don't go anymore because the novelty wore off and it's just a sick place to be). You can hear some real crazy things there if you have the nerve to stomach it. I suggest anyone do it. Remember these are the huma... ...people that "protect and serve".

I suggest everyone not involved in law enforcement buy some guns and hope criminals and cops never make their way to your neck of the woods.

But, that's just my opinion.

I want them to face a judge, properly be detained in a correctional facility, and face the music that is sure to follow. I think you call that 'justice'.

And as I have pointed out many times, we are not part of the Judicial System and as far as my knowledge neither are the Canadian Law Enforcement Agencies. We fall under the Executive Branch, and as such we have nothing to do with punishment for law violations. In terms of what "Justice" is, I would refer you to your Judicial branch for their terminology.

Thank you for admitting that all the officers who engage in this mentality are hypocrites.

If you need to act like a 5 year old to try to prove a point, thats all you. But since you opened the door, let me walk through it and come down to your level. You shold most likely find a 5 year old to read my comment back to you, and to place it in proper context for you, since your response shows your lack of reading comprehension.
edit on 25-1-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-1-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
I'll say it again.

Getting kicked in the mouth while in a defenseless position is NOT tantamount to wanting officers to face criminal charges. If I said I wish officers would get beaten until they were bloody THEN you would be right. I didn't, so you aren't.

And as I have pointed out many times, we are not part of the Judicial System and as far as my knowledge neither are the Canadian Law Enforcement Agencies. We fall under the Executive Branch, and as such we have nothing to do with punishment for law violations. In terms of what "Justice" is, I would refer you to your Judicial branch for their terminology.

???

An officer was sentenced in my state not long ago. He got a few years.

I'm not sure what you are getting at. I want cops who behave like criminals to get sentenced like criminals.

I fail to see how this is vindictive, and I'm not sure what you mean by "not part of the judicial system".

Please elaborate.

edit: Damn right 5-year-old. I've learned you have to loosen up sometimes or you're gonna blow a gasket.

edit on 1/24/11 by Tharsis because: can't figure out the quoting system sometimes

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Tharsis

Police are above the law donchyaknow? How dare you even suggest they should be prosecuted for committing assault on a prone man?!?! What are you some kind of unpatriotic terrorist supporter?!?! /sarcasm

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
For the record, Xcathdra, I don't think all cops are evil.

You claim to be a cop. I don't think you are evil at all. You totally have a place in my vision of the world.

You perhaps have a little more "sympathy for the devil" than I find comfortable...but I guess everyone needs someone to stand up for them.

Lord* knows I could have used it at times.

*non-religious

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Tharsis

Not part of the Judicial system. Law Enforcement has nothing to do with the Judicial system. Our task is to serve and protect and to enforce laws.

The courts - Judges/Lawyers/PA etc are part of the Judicial. They determine innocence or guilt, we do not.

We are not above the law, and we can be charged and go to jail just like everyone else.

And Thank you for that.. I dont think all cops are perfect. We have our share of problem people. We do the best we can and hope they weed themselves out without taking any civilians or fellow offices with them. People have a tendancy to equate the actions of one officer as behavior by all officers, and its not.

When I make my arguments in these threads, it is not to say the Cop is always right. I have had my share of threads where I completely agree an officers actions were way out of line and should be held accountible. I try to give the opposing viewpoint as to where we are coming from.

We have many LEOs on this site, and even we dont see eye to eye all the time on things. I am sure some think I am a complete moron and what not... Its the nature of the beast.

Video does not always show the whiole story. Actions taken by law enforcement that seem excessive to people, imo, is perceived in that manner because of personal views of what is right and wrong. We dont have the entire story with this case, but regardless, as people constantly remind us that people are innocent until proven guilty. That standard also applies to Law Enforcement.

Let the investigation progress and see what comes out of it. Thats all I am trying to say.

Thanks

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join