It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Steps to buy a gun in America an FYI

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

star for you ... This cannot be emphasized enough and should be repeated ...

Remember, just because the magazine is out doesn't mean that gun isn't loaded.

side note in laymans terms -- Always assume the gun IS loaded, if you are not familiar with it, do not handle it.
Better safe than sorry.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by pa.Frost

I also know that from movies that there can be a bullet in the the chamber. Can you or anyone tell me how to release popular models which are callled berettas or such.

you really should do some research online ... there are many good Beretta sites with detailed loading/unloading instructions, cleaning methods, re-assembly and such.

Even i am not avoiding answering your question but it really does matter which gun specifically.
generally ... many handguns have a push button release, near or under the thumb position when grasping the hand grip. Long guns vary by model and style. This Beretta long gun has a push button mag release similar to many handguns.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Why I love Missouri:

Combine the gun laws below with the castle doctrine and the no retreat clasue and you are still in America.

Quick Reference: Missouri Gun Laws

Rifles and Shotguns

• Permit to purchase rifles and shotguns? No
• Registration of rifles and shotguns? No
• Licensing of owners of rifles and shotguns? No
• Permit to carry rifles and shotguns? No

Handguns
• Permit to purchase a handgun? No
• Registration of handguns? No
• Licensing of owners of handguns? No
• Permit to carry handguns? Yes

State Requirements

Purchase
No state permit is required for the purchase of rifles, shotguns or handguns.

It is unlawful to knowingly sell, lease, loan, give away or deliver a firearm or ammunition to any person who is not lawfully entitled to possess one. It is unlawful to recklessly sell, lease, loan, give away or deliver a firearm or ammunition to a person who is intoxicated.

It is unlawful to knowingly sell, lease, loan, give away or deliver any firearm to a person who is not eighteen years old without the consent of the custodial parent or guardian.

Possession

• There are no state licensing requirements for the possession of a rifle, shotgun or handgun.
• It is a misdemeanor to possess an unloaded firearm when intoxicated.
• It is a felony to possess a loaded firearm while intoxicated.
• It is unlawful for a person convicted of or confined for a dangerous felony or an attempt to commit a dangerous felony to possess a concealable firearm for five years after such conviction or confinement.
• It is unlawful for a fugitive from justice, a habitually intoxicated or drugged person, or a person currently adjudged mentally incompetent to possess a concealable firearm.

Carry

• It is unlawful to carry a firearm concealed on or about one’s person without a concealed carry endorsement on the Missouri driver’s or non-driver’s license or a valid permit to carry concealed firearms issued by any state.
• This prohibition does not apply to possession in a person’s dwelling, while hunting or while traveling in a continuous journey through the state.
• Law enforcement officers, corrections officers, probation and parole officers, some judges; process servers and marshals and members of the armed forces or the national guard while performing their official duties are exempt from this prohibition.
• Persons over the age twenty-one years of age or older may transport a concealable firearm in the passenger compartment of a vehicle as long as the firearm is lawfully possessed.
• Any person twenty-three years of age or older who is a citizen of the United States and who has resided in Missouri for six months or who is a member of the armed forces stationed in Missouri or who is a spouse of such member of the military can submit an application for a certificate of qualification for a concealed carry endorsement for the Missouri driver’s or non-driver’s license.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by pa.Frost

Do NOT under any circumstances try to disarm someone with a firearm if you do not have a firearm at the ready yourself and even then, if the threat is that great, you'd better just shoot the poor bastard.

I don't wanna read your eulogy. Don't do anything stupid.

Safe and sane is the first rule of gun ownership.
edit on 28-1-2011 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-1-2011 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 05:05 AM
link   
All you have to do in America to get a gun is go into any bank and open a savings account and they give you as high powered rifle for free...yep. that easy.

it's true because i saw Michael Moore do it on one of his dumb ass films. he wouldn't lie.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by pa.Frost

I also know that from movies that there can be a bullet in the the chamber. Can you or anyone tell me how to release popular models which are callled berettas or such.

The way to remove a round from the chamber is almost always the way you put one in there, work the action.

Pretty much every semi-automatic handgun chambers a round by racking the slide. Once the magazine is removed, racking the slide again will eject the (still live) round. Some handguns will have a feature that doesn't allow the gun to be fired, even with a round in the chamber, unless the magazine is in the gun. Either way, as someone else said, its still best to treat every firearm as a loaded firearm.

Most newer revolvers have a cylinder lock on the left side of the frame, right by the grip. Moving this allows the cylinder to flip out (again, generally to the left) at which time you press the rod in front of the cylinder, which pushes out the shells. Obviously there are exceptions, some revolvers have a fixed cylinder, where each shell must be removed one at a time, through a loading door on the right side of the back of the cylinder. Mostly only older SA revolvers, though.

Obviously I think you should know how to unload a firearm, but never try to disarm someone with a gun. Your not Chuck Norris.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
I have a question. I purchased a handgun online and it was shipped to my firearms dealer of choice. I live in Louisiana by the way. Anyway I filled out the paper work and was denied by NICS. The reason they gave was that I was a fugitive from justice. I'm not a fugitive at all I have no felony convictions or charges, no violent backround or anything. I have a few traffic violations but thats about it. So my gun is just sitting at the firearms dealer waiting for me, and I cant go get it.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   
If that happened to me I would be really upset. Have you written your Congressman?

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Wow, pretty crazy! I got delayed once on an NICS check for having an open misdemeanor case in court. They just needed extra time I guess to check and make sure it was a non-firearms and non-violence related crime. Once that came through everything was fine.

If honestly the ONLY legal problems you are having is traffic tickets, and they are un-paid, I would bet a warrant has been issued. It can happen for such a silly thing. I can't see any other reason for it.

EDIT:

I actually thought of something else. It's possible that someone has stolen your identity, or otherwise a mix-up with names/locations/ssn has been made. The selective service was after me for years for supposedly not registering. After looking a bit closer the SSN they showed for me was incorrect. So either there is someone else with my same exact name and DOB who didn't register, and somehow got sent to me, or these goverment agencies are good and mixing things up.

I would go to your local sheriffs office and ask then. You can also write NICS a letter asking for the specific reason.
edit on 2-2-2011 by James1982 because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-2-2011 by James1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Mitsuskitzo

The dealer has a responsibility to inform you of the appeal process. Di he do that? Basically you are going to have to get finger printed and send a copy to the FBI to clear it up.

If you didn't put your social security number on the NICS paper work you might want to try it. That can usually clear up the confusion. If you are like me and have one of the nation's most common names it saves a lot of time.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join