It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

is jesus, god?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
John 1:18 "No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him."

This is the paradox...
If a man sees God he dies.
If God reveals Himself in human form so that He can be seen by men and they not die...
...few believed who He was and they killed Him.

This says much about God, that He is concerning enough to reveal Himself.
It also says much about man, that man could not recognize Him and would kill God.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

you are fortunate indeed to have experienced this.

i did have an hour long consciousness of the oneness of everything and it was so sublime!

to the OP;- both god and jesus are concepts of the mind, so you could say jesus is the same as god. in fact everything would be the same as god. because by definition almighty god is all there is.

i believe that in the new era we are fast approaching we will be far more conscious of this. naturally war will cease after this and no one would permit suffering of any kind.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by seedofchucky
Yea the one quote taken out of context

Yes, by the non-Christians. Jesus is God, read John 3:16.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by orangutang
reply to post by smithjustinb

"
i did have an hour long consciousness of the oneness of everything and it was so sublime! "

What you mean this ?

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Jesus is God in HUMAN form.
therefore he is God, but also human,
nd if thats the case then Jesus is the son of himself.
poke

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by aletheia

3 16 - For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. ?

+

1. (Deuteronomy 24:16) - "Fathers shall not be put to death for their sons, nor shall sons be put to death for their fathers; everyone shall be put to death for his own sin."
2. (Ezekiel 18:20) - "The person who sins will die. The son will not bear the punishment for the father’s iniquity, nor will the father bear the punishment for the son’s iniquity; the righteousness of the righteous will be upon himself, and the wickedness of the wicked will be upon himself."

= contradiction ?

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
In this video, Biblical evidence that Jesus is the Messiah is presented in multimedia format. The ancient prophecies are unravelled, particularly the prophecy in Daniel 9 on the seventy weeks which pinpoints the exact time of the Messiah's arrival on Earth amazingdiscoveries.tv...

peace

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
The Lamb shall rule this entire UNIVERSE!

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   

3 16... + 1. (Deuteronomy 24:16)... 2. (Ezekiel 18:20)... = contradiction ?

Nope. Neither of those verses are discussing God and His Son Jesus Christ. They are applied to us, as sinners. Neither God, nor Jesus, are capable of sin.

Hebrews 7:23-28 (New International Version, ©2010)

23 Now there have been many of those priests, since death prevented them from continuing in office; 24 but because Jesus lives forever, he has a permanent priesthood. 25 Therefore he is able to save completely[a] those who come to God through him, because he always lives to intercede for them.

26 Such a high priest truly meets our need—one who is holy, blameless, pure, set apart from sinners, exalted above the heavens. 27 Unlike the other high priests, he does not need to offer sacrifices day after day, first for his own sins, and then for the sins of the people. He sacrificed for their sins once for all when he offered himself. 28 For the law appoints as high priests men in all their weakness; but the oath, which came after the law, appointed the Son, who has been made perfect forever.
edit on 19-1-2011 by aletheia because: Fixed quote error

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by aletheia

"
Nope. Neither of those verses are discussing God and His Son Jesus Christ. They are applied to us, as sinners. Neither God, nor Jesus, are capable of sin."

are you seriously kidding me or is this just christian ignorance ?

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Since you have no come back I assume I win.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Gary13

YES Jesus was the son of God. Jesus was the incarnate of the holy spirit of God in the flesh, so that he could come and save us from ourselves.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Since you have no come back I assume I win.

you win what ? all you did was totally ignore everything i said and replace it with your version of reality . Were here to discuss topics this is not a competition . If it is for you then you are here for the wrong reasons.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by seedofchucky

Nah. I'm simply trying to help you understand... I do get carried away sometimes, though. My bad.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Really?

In Matthew 17:20 Jesus says:

For truly, I say to you, if you have faith as a grain of mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there,' and it will move; and nothing will be impossible to you.

surley he wouldn't lie to me right ?

When can i go around curing cancer with this quote ? Oh im not christian so it won't work silly me ....

how about you ? can you ask god to cure all these poor peoples cancer please?

nothing will be impossible eh ? i call your jesus god bluff

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I have a problem with this whole Jesus , son of god thing .

You see Joseph was from the Davidic line , but alas , Mary wasn't . Seeing jesus was the spawn of Mary and the "Holy Spirit" , he could not have come from the line of David and therefore could not be the "Messiah" as prophesised.

Go figure

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   

That whole moving mountains thing is certainly not to be read literally. Jesus spoke in metaphors when making a point. What is meant by "with enough faith you can do anything" is that through your faith and devotion you can talk to others about God, you can build a church, you can make a difference. In a metaphoric sense you can take whatever "mountain" you think blocks you from living your life of faith and move it out of the way, and achieve whatever you set out to.

Of course... that's within reason. No one is going to spontaneously cure cancer, however you can contribute to the cure in your own way. perhaps through donations, perhaps through research, perhaps simply being there for someone and giving them a reason to fight.

edit on 19-1-2011 by aletheia because: Fixed spelling and grammar

edit on 19-1-2011 by aletheia because: fixed grammar

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Well, one thing I am happy to see here. Both Christians and non Christians can freely discuss Bible, the principles thereof, and the Christan religion. I live in Ohio, considered by some to the part of the "Bible Belt." There is a local, town forum here, and Christians in there tell me that, "the bible is not to be discussed, or talked about freely, a Good Christians does not tread the Bible, or study it, or attempt to discover whether it is true, or not true. No research whatsoever is permitted on the Word of God." In other words, they are commanded not to talk about, or discuss their religious thoughts and theories, but they are supposed to "preach the word," and "spread the gospel," and "convert the masses." Now I am an educated man, having read and studied many books and tests over my rather long life. Am I missing something here? I, for one, cannot bring forth thought from a non knowing perspective.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   

That whole moving mountains thing is certainly not to be read literally. Jesus spoke in metaphors when making a point. What is meant by "with enough you can do anything" is that through your faith and devotion you can talk to others about God, you can build a church, you can make a difference. In a metaphoric sense you can take whatever "mountain" you think blocks you from living your life of faith and move it out of the way, and achieve whatever you set out to.

Of course... that's within reason. No one is going to spontaneously cure cancer, however you can contribute to the cure in your own way. perhaps through donations, perhaps through research, perhaps simply being there for someone and giving them a reason to fight.

edit on 19-1-2011 by aletheia because: Fixed spelling and grammar

its not meant to be taken literally then how do you take i my father are one litrally and not this ? do you see the contradictions in your own logic when you cherry pick things out of the bible ?

how can you seriously accept this sort of cherry picking logic and apply it to your faith ? do you even care about the truth and contradictions ?

build a church for what ? if i can't move a mountain ? jesus was a joker? like to talk in riddles to confuse everyone ?

how can you take all this ignorance double standards cherry picking and sleep at night pretending this is truth ?

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by aletheia

"Of course... that's within reason. No one is going to spontaneously cure cancer, however you can contribute to the cure in your own way. perhaps through donations, perhaps through research, perhaps simply being there for someone and giving them a reason to fight."

Donations for what the scientists ? to fix what "god" couldn't ?

what if we got the whole world to pray for one person to be cured of cancer?

if that won't even work

then whats the point of praying ?

whats the point of god if he doesnt answer prayers or hear prayers ?

i know how much it means to be able to hold on to a creator and give meaning to our life , but the bible is no where close to what i woudl imagine a fair just creator to be . The bible version of him is evil . Almost as if "satan" wrote the bible and slapped gods trinity in it ?

are these metaphores also ?

en.wikipedia.org...

what if i stand infront of god and tell him i didnt know which parts were literal or metaphors ? so i assumed they were all metaphores and didnt take it serously ...would he hold it against me with this logic?
edit on 19-1-2011 by seedofchucky because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join