It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

is jesus, god?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Christ is the Logos, the eternal Word of the Gospel.
Were Christ not God, we would not worship Him. And His mother would not be called Theotokos, the "one who gave birth to God." No, do not be led astray by clever philosophies: Christ is God and we worship God in Trinity.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by seedofchucky

There is no contradiction in anything I've said. Jesus told many parables and spoke in many metaphors, but knowing what he is saying is key. Jesus told a parable about sowing seeds, now it was obvious from the way he was telling this tale that it was not a historical account of events, but instead was a story with a valuable life lesson to it. When Jesus is speaking literally, when He is telling you something you can take as fact, you know it because he will either back it up with Old Testament scripture or He will make it very clear that what He is saying is truth. It's not hard to tell. All you have to do is pay attention. My younger cousins are capable of telling the difference and they're under the age of 12.

I don't mean that last sentence to come across as offensive. I am simply saying that anyone who is paying attention, and has some level of education, can see what should be taught as fact and what should be taught as an example, or a life-lesson if you will.
edit on 19-1-2011 by aletheia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by aletheia
reply to post by seedofchucky

There is no contradiction in anything I've said. Jesus told many parables and spoke in many metaphors, but knowing what he is saying is key. Jesus told a parable about sowing seeds, now it was obvious from the way he was telling this tale that it was not a historical account of events, but instead was a story with a valuable life lesson to it. When Jesus is speaking literally, when He is telling you something you can take as fact, you know it because he will either back it up with Old Testament scripture or He will make it very clear that what He is saying is truth. It's not hard to tell. All you have to do is pay attention. My younger cousins are capable of telling the difference and they're under the age of 12.

I don't mean that last sentence to come across as offensive. I am simply saying that anyone who is paying attention, and has some level of education, can see what should be taught as fact and what should be taught as an example, or a life-lesson if you will.
edit on 19-1-2011 by aletheia because: (no reason given)

No contratictions in anything you said ? even though i showed you examples ?

of course denial lets move on ...

is everything jesus says not truth ? why does he need to verify it if he is free of sin ? if i were to meet jesus should i tell him to verify it with old testiment ?

all i have to do is pay attention really ? is this what they teach you in bible camp?

oh your little cousins can tell the difference perhaps they can help me out with these

1) Murder, rape, and pillage at Jabesh-gilead (Judges 21:10-24 NLT)

So they sent twelve thousand warriors to Jabesh-gilead with orders to kill everyone there, including women and children. "This is what you are to do," they said. "Completely destroy all the males and every woman who is not a virgin." Among the residents of Jabesh-gilead they found four hundred young virgins who had never slept with a man, and they brought them to the camp at Shiloh in the land of Canaan.

2) Murder, rape and pillage of the Midianites (Numbers 31:7-18 NLT)

They attacked Midian just as the LORD had commanded Moses, and they killed all the men. All five of the Midianite kings – Evi, Rekem, Zur, Hur, and Reba – died in the battle. They also killed Balaam son of Beor with the sword. Then the Israelite army captured the Midianite women and children and seized their cattle and flocks and all their wealth as plunder. They burned all the towns and villages where the Midianites had lived. After they had gathered the plunder and captives, both people and animals, they brought them all to Moses and Eleazar the priest, and to the whole community of Israel, which was camped on the plains of Moab beside the Jordan River, across from Jericho.

As you approach a town to attack it, first offer its people terms for peace. If they accept your terms and open the gates to you, then all the people inside will serve you in forced labor. But if they refuse to make peace and prepare to fight, you must attack the town. When the LORD your God hands it over to you, kill every man in the town. But you may keep for yourselves all the women, children, livestock, and other plunder. You may enjoy the spoils of your enemies that the LORD your God has given you.

What kind of God approves of murder, rape, and slavery?

4) Laws of Rape (Deuteronomy 22:28-29 NLT)

If a man is caught in the act of raping a young woman who is not engaged, he must pay fifty pieces of silver to her father. Then he must marry the young woman because he violated her, and he will never be allowed to divorce her.

What kind of lunatic would make a rape victim marry her attacker? Answer: God.

5) Death to the Rape Victim (Deuteronomy 22:23-24 NAB)

If within the city a man comes upon a maiden who is betrothed, and has relations with her, you shall bring them both out of the gate of the city and there stone them to death: the girl because she did not cry out for help though she was in the city, and the man because he violated his neighbors wife.

It is clear that God doesn't give a damn about the rape victim. He is only concerned about the violation of another mans "property".

6) David's Punishment - Polygamy, Rape, Baby Killing, and God's "Forgiveness" (2 Samuel 12:11-14 NAB)

Thus says the Lord: 'I will bring evil upon you out of your own house. I will take your wives [plural] while you live to see it, and will give them to your neighbor. He shall lie with your wives in broad daylight. You have done this deed in secret, but I will bring it about in the presence of all Israel, and with the sun looking down.'

Then David said to Nathan, "I have sinned against the Lord." Nathan answered David: "The Lord on his part has forgiven your sin: you shall not die. But since you have utterly spurned the Lord by this deed, the child born to you must surely die." [The child dies seven days later.]

This has got to be one of the sickest quotes of the Bible. God himself brings the completely innocent rape victims to the rapist. What kind of pathetic loser would do something so evil? And then he kills a child! This is sick, really sick! " - www.evilbible.com...

this is only a very small snippet ..... now what shall i take as a metaphor and what shall i take as literal ?

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
We are all sons of YHWH.

Yashua, Jesus for Christians....never wanted to be worshipped as a deity.

Over the Centuries, past the group in 400AD that decided to make Yashua a deity...and past the King James who edited the bible.....eventually Yashua was made a false deity who people worship.

YHWH said he was the only deity and to only worship him. Now look at how his creation has turned against him and are worshipping another human. If Yashua was a deity mankind wouldn't have been able to kill him.

..And we killed 'em good and dead. Now look at the Catholic church giving special deity status to former humans who after they died...people prayed to and "miracles" happened....now the Catholic Church is giving them deity status....dead humans. It's called beatification, John Paul II is getting awarded deity status right now by the Popester.

It's all a racket for money and power. The Holy See being it's own sovereign country living off of the suffering of people? Thats how the world spins.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
for more of an idea, have a read of this thread-

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
The Holy Trinity all form God. God the Father, God the son, and God the Holy Spirit. Therefore, God the son is God.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by csimon
The Holy Trinity all form God. God the Father, God the son, and God the Holy Spirit. Therefore, God the son is God.

could you show me one verse that talks about trinity or even mentions the word bible in the ............

BIBLE?

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
hey your picture goes with my signiture

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by seedofchucky
reply to post by smithjustinb

Have you seen god to know that ?

How do you psycho anaylize god ?
\
Jesus descend from the evolutionary ranks of consciousness in order to share with humanity divine wisdom and offer a way of living"

evolutionary ranks eh ? how you know about the ranking system ?

Why would god play all these hiding games ?

Why not write the commandments in the sky for the whole world to see one time ?

all this deception all this hiding all these suicide missions seem to be the work of poets philosphers and tryants not the work of all almighty "creator"

clearly jesus god link is in the bible i showed bible verses why don't you show some verses to back up your claims?

I am endowed with higher wisdom. I have seen angels, demons, and Jesus. I have seen my soul, and the vibrations of the souls of others. I have experienced many various forms of love and know the mechanics of the pursuit of power and control through fear. I have learned a lot.

For a bible reference:
I don't know an exact verse, but I can say that the reference to the new heaven on earth is going to be similar to the garden of eden. The garden of eden was our ascended place of which we descended to come to earth. We are on our way back and will become light beings once again as it was in those days. Light is love. Light is the nature of Angels, Archangels, Jesus, and yes, even us. Light is what our soul is made of (our spirit).
God, however, is without form. Pure love.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
You obviously do not understand what you are reading. I would happy to point out the truth to you, but the original topic here was; "is Jeus God."

The answer is yes. Let's just leave it at that.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
what came first, the word christ or its association with jesus??

the only way we know its gods words in the bible is because the people that killed gods supposed son told us its gods words!!

believe it or not, we are the ones we've been waiting for, not the elites hippy in sandals to come and do everything for us... how naive and pathetic is that?!

look at the state of the world that sort of thinking has created!

the amount of child abuse and war that goes on because of religion sounds more like something "satan" would create..lol....?

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by aletheia
You obviously do not understand what you are reading. I would happy to point out the truth to you, but the original topic here was; "is Jeus God."

The answer is yes. Let's just leave it at that.

lol no . we won't just leave it at that .... you wouldn't know the truth if it rained from the sky and smacked you in the face .

If anything this thread has shown jesus is not god , the bible is not creadible , and god would have to be pretty evil to be its inspiration.

How dare you say the answer is yes , do you not care who you lead astray ? of course not your christian ... double standards hippocracy is right up your alley

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by csimon

could you show me one verse that talks about trinity or even mentions the word bible in the ............

BIBLE?

Of course not. Neither word is in the Bible. But that doesn't change my point. Especially since the Bible is the word of God.

The following verses refer Jesus as God:
Heb. 1:8
Isa. 9:6
Mt. 1:23
Is. 7:14
John. 1:1
1 Tim. 3:16
Col. 2:8.9
John. 20:28
Titus 2:13
Phil. 2:5, 6
John 5:18
John 10:30
Gen. 1:1
Col. 1:16
Mic. 5:2
Isa. 44:6
Rev. 1:2, 8, 11, 13

edit on 19-1-2011 by csimon because: edit

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   

"I am endowed with higher wisdom. I have seen angels, demons, and Jesus. I have seen my soul, and the vibrations of the souls of others. I have experienced many various forms of love and know the mechanics of the pursuit of power and control through fear. I have learned a lot."

Really i would love to have a beer with you , and maybe you can have one of these experiences ?

Could you ask the angels what god is up too ? and why he stands by and doesnt show him self , you unity for the world ? and what not ?

could you ask the deamons who is in charge?

oh you seen jesus ? could you ask him about the shroud ( Shroud of Turin )

also ask him when he plans to return ?

Whats the news on the anti-christ?

Seen your soul ? oh really could you please elborate the properties of ones soul? What characteristics does a soul have ? What type of energy is it ? Does it dimension jump?

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by orangutang

you are fortunate indeed to have experienced this.

i did have an hour long consciousness of the oneness of everything and it was so sublime!

to the OP;- both god and jesus are concepts of the mind, so you could say jesus is the same as god. in fact everything would be the same as god. because by definition almighty god is all there is.

i believe that in the new era we are fast approaching we will be far more conscious of this. naturally war will cease after this and no one would permit suffering of any kind.

I am fortunate, and thankful. I have also experienced what I believe to be a demon (I felt absolute terror in his presence), and I tell you, you don't want to experience that. It was the most bizzare out of this world thing I have ever seen. I have been feeling certain degrees/intensities of oneness ever since the new year. I have at different points communicated telepathically, seen peoples souls including my own, and seen someone's aura who at the same time saw mine.

All these things have come to me through my spiritual dedication and quest for higher knowledge.
I'll tell you something else. Angels and Demons are good and bad Extraterrestrials.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   

"I am endowed with higher wisdom. I have seen angels, demons, and Jesus. I have seen my soul, and the vibrations of the souls of others. I have experienced many various forms of love and know the mechanics of the pursuit of power and control through fear. I have learned a lot."

Really i would love to have a beer with you , and maybe you can have one of these experiences ?

Could you ask the angels what god is up too ? and why he stands by and doesnt show him self , you unity for the world ? and what not ?

could you ask the deamons who is in charge?

oh you seen jesus ? could you ask him about the shroud ( Shroud of Turin )

also ask him when he plans to return ?

Whats the news on the anti-christ?

Seen your soul ? oh really could you please elborate the properties of ones soul? What characteristics does a soul have ? What type of energy is it ? Does it dimension jump?

You act like I can just communicate with God at will and get all the answers. No. God communicates with me at a time he deems is right. The soul is love that appears as light. There is one soul with many bodies. Your soul is the spirit of God which is love. No one knows when Jesus will return, but I know it will be soon, so you better start showing respect for your fellow man and quit going on websites trying to belittle them like some kind of internet gangster. The demons are in charge if you let them be. They are on the path of the pursuit of power and control by inducing fear. I need to be clear that I didn't see Jesus with eyes. I saw him with my eyes closed during meditation. He came to me more as a knowing that he was peace and light. I believe he is more than that, but that's just what he showed himself to me as at the time. I'm not here to make up a bunch of crap. I'm here to tell people possibilities of experiences for someone who is a spiritual seeker such as myself. Since I am bringing a message I know comes from higher wisdom, and you seem to be opposing it, I theorize that you are probably the anti-christ. Since Jesus supports truth and said himself he is truth (which truth was also conveyed to me to be light), and I am supporting truth, and you are anti-what i know to be truth, then you must be the anti-christ. I mean look at your avatar. Is this the kind of face you want people to think of you as when you post on here? Why are you even on this thread in the first place? To make fun of Christians? Go get a life. Jesus is the way the truth and the life. Moreover, I learned in my years of continuous spiritual understanding that the first step for humanity to enter the "kingdom of heaven" which really means to be closer to God (love), we will have to become peaceful. Jesus said he is the way, and peace is the way to LOVE. Its is paramount.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   

"I have seen angels, demons, and Jesus. I have seen my soul, and the vibrations of the souls of others. "

do i need to continue .....? to reply ? Or should i leave it at that?

" I know comes from higher wisdom, and you seem to be opposing it, I theorize that you are probably the anti-christ. Since Jesus supports truth and said himself he is truth "

No you dont know it comes form a higher wisdom , opposing what ? hearsay ? or contradictions in the bible you know inspired by "god"?

Listien i'll make this clear . If there is a god Please don' disrespect him by partnering him with one of his creations . Jesus was a human being . Do you realize how much disrespect you give the creator by comparing him or even saying he is one of his creations ?

You have no clue what your going on about

Your experinces are nothing more as i clearly demonstrated after breaking it down

You have no idea who god , or jesus is just like the rest of us

There is nothing special about you , or me .

You are on his planet with the same questions like the rest of us.

only differnce is i like to call BS when i see it . Where you rather continue with your fairy tales and bs experinces .

The source of the universe including everything is what GOD is .

Some call him jesus , some allah , some ganesh , some darwin , some flying spagetti monster ...

end of the day

God = the source of all of this.

Don' disrespect that source with such fairy tales
edit on 19-1-2011 by seedofchucky because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
If we continue down the road of metaphor and allegory, it is easy to make sense of this. Kabbalists can provide more than a hundred names for God, but it is blasphemy to say his real name “YHWH” which is also referred to as the “Tetragrammaton”. This single example illustrates the true nature of religious allegory. A real world idea is given a wide variety of metaphors, but it is forbidden to expose the true meaning to the uninitiated masses. Since “life” represents literal meanings, “death” belongs to that which is hidden so if you see the “face” of God you become metaphorically dead since your knowledge can never be allowed into the literal world. Because the real name of God must be kept secret at all costs, it is itself, given the mask of “YHWH” that hides its true form and it also the provides the metaphoric lift to keep God in “heaven“. In other words, “YHWH” also serves as a symbol of God’s hidden nature.

In the Gnostic Gospel of Truthit is said that “…the name of the Father is the Son.” This means that the “Son” is one of the names that serves to hide God’s true face, thus it is possible for people to look upon “Christ” without “dying“. This also offers a clue as to the role that a “mother” plays in all of this. To put it another way: Real world idea + Name = Child. Under this formula a “virgin” birth represents a person that never existed or as it has been more openly expressed “the Word became flesh”.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Your experinces are nothing more as i clearly demonstrated after breaking it down

You have no idea who god , or jesus is just like the rest of us

Don' disrespect that source with such fairy tales
edit on 19-1-2011 by seedofchucky because: (no reason given)

You didn't break down anything. You don't know jack about my experiences. You don't know what I know.
Who do you think you are to tell me what I've been through and what I know? You don't know me.

"Just like the rest of us"??? You mean just like you. Just because YOU are ABSOLUTELY CLUELESS, does NOT mean the "rest of us" are. Speak for yourself and don't presume to know you know the first thing about what I know cause you don't know me at all.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Well...Christians believe Jesus was/is god....end of discussion, nobody needs to agree with us...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join