It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do NOT Mess with the Old Folks!!!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+114 more 
posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Montana Senior Citizen Calls Out Greedy SOB Senator Simpson

The language is what you would expect from someone who is very angry but it gets the message across. Senator Al Simpson calls Senior citizens the "Greediest Generation"....
Below is a response from a man in Montana ... who like the rest of us have had just about enough.

Hey Alan, Let’s get a few things straight…;
1. As a career politician, you have been on the public dole for FIFTY YEARS…;

2. I have been paying Social Security taxes for 48 YEARS (since I was 15 years old. I am now 63)…;

3. My Social Security payments, and those of millions of other Americans, were safely tucked away in an interest bearing account for decades until you political pukes decided to raid the account and give OUR money to a bunch of zero ambition losers in return for votes, thus bankrupting the system and turning Social Security into a Ponzi scheme that would have made Bernie Madoff proud…

4. Recently, just like Lucy & Charlie Brown, you and your ilk pulled the proverbial football away from millions of American seniors nearing retirement and moved the goalposts for full retirement from age 65 to age 67. NOW, you and your shill commission is proposing to move the goalposts YET AGAIN…

5. I, and millions of other Americans, have been paying into Medicare from Day One, and now you morons propose to change the rules of the game. Why? Because you idiots mismanaged other parts of the economy to such an extent that you need to steal money from Medicare to pay the bills…

6. I, and millions of other Americans, have been paying income taxes our entire lives, and now you propose to increase our taxes yet again. Why? Because you incompetent bastards spent our money so profligately that you just kept on spending even after you ran out of money. Now, you come to the American taxpayers and say you need more to pay of YOUR debt…

To add insult to injury, you label us “greedy” for calling “bull#” on your incompetence. Well, Captain Bull#, I have a few questions for YOU…;

1. How much money have you earned from the American taxpayers during your pathetic 50-year political career?

2. At what age did you retire from your pathetic political career, and how much are you receiving in annual retirement benefits from the American taxpayers?

3. How much do you pay for YOUR government provided health insurance?

4. What cuts in YOUR retirement and healthcare benefits are you proposing in your disgusting deficit reduction proposal, or, as usual, have you exempted yourself and your political cronies?
'
It is you, Captain Bull#, and your political co-conspirators who are “greedy”. It is you and they who have bankrupted America and stolen the American dream from millions of loyal, patriotic taxpayers. And for what? Votes. That’s right, sir. You and yours have bankrupted America for the sole purpose of advancing your pathetic political careers. You know it, we know it, and you know that we know it.

And you can take that to the bank, you miserable SOB.

I don't think it can be said better, nor can I add anything to it

Original Source
edit on 19/1/11 by barkingdogamato because: Added link.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by barkingdogamato

Starred and Flagged!!!

I don't who this gentleman is who wrote that, but I could kiss him!

I'm 49 and been working since I was 16, and I don't anticipate EVER drawing a dime out of the social security I've been paying into.

CX

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   
What a great speech.

Don't you just want to shout that in the ear of so many other administrations around the planet?

Thank you for posting it.

CX.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   
I wasn't sure what this post would be about before I clicked on it. I'm glad that I did. This gentleman said what many feel. I'd like to meet him.
This was a fun read. Thanks for posting it.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   
I certainly hope he shouted loud enough for him to hear it. Chances are, probably not. Never-the-less, and excellent example of how to stand your ground and say your peace.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   
I think in all honesty he could speak for an entire generation of older Americans who know more about hard work and sacrifice than any other generation in America today. The ones who are nearing retirement or who are retired, they, were the backbone of American manufacturing and ingenuity during the period of our history when we actually were something.

The schmucks in Washington and New York don’t have a clue about hard work or sacrifice except when it comes down to which yacht they should buy, unless they decide to buy both. But of course so long as the truly greedy people of America get their cash this country is in great shape, in their eyes!

It’s like one of those cartoons where the really fat guy is angry that the peasants are trying to get a little piece of the crops that they harvested and calls them greedy.

We actually use to have an upper class in this country which looked out for the reputation, morals, and future of America but now the upper class here has one worry and that is what they have to do next to get another million bucks.

Whomever wrote this letter should run for office.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Well put. And us tale-end boomers are going to be in an even bigger world of hurt because, as someone said, we're probably never going to see a dime of what we put in for decades, and as the writer said, they're going to keep moving that retirement-age goalpost until it's virtually unreachable

At least those already past the retirement age might have retained some semblance of a pension.

At least many who labored under a contract for upwards of 20 to 30 years didn't have theirs jerked away from them, only to be replaced by 401Ks which were then also conveniently robbed by Wall Street.

At least many who came before us tale-enders had paid off homes (albeit now probably lower in value too) or already got to sell those homes and move to warmer climes or at least no longer have to worry about a mortgage.

At least the health-care bill would alleviate some of the concerns about actually having coverage, which currently, more and more nearing retirement or being forced to retire early do not.

Wonder if there was a response from the illustriously greedy senator?

edit on 1/19/2011 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Awesome. I'm 24, and there's no way on God's green earth I'll have social security. Seriously, it's a foregone conclusion.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by mydarkpassenger

Starred and Flagged!!!

I'm 49 and been working since I was 16, and I don't anticipate EVER drawing a dime out of the social security I've been paying into.

Oh you will collect a little dp. however it will not be anything you deserve after paying in all your life--I am 55 and -[IT BETTER BE THERE FOR ME WHEN I RETIRE OR WATCH OUT!!!!!!! YOU HERE THAT YOU F***ING FEDS??]

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   
I do agree with you ideas.

But Never was the Social Security monies "tucked away" in an intrest account.

Social Security has been always just another tax. The Social Security Office takes all the money collected and buys US Treasury Bonds with it. So in other words the money comes in one Government door and goes out another Government door... the same day. We put our earning in Uncle Sam's right hand and he spends it with the left hand.

Why do you think that Government workers pension is not tied to SS ? Congress does not enrole in SS, Why cause they know it has always been a scheme to trick the public out of more tax money and they chose not to be part of it.

Got to say this : Only sheeple pay Social Security or Federal Income Tax

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by itsawild1

Originally posted by mydarkpassenger

Starred and Flagged!!!

Oh you will collect a little dp. however it will not be anything you deserve after paying in all your life--I am 55 and -[IT BETTER BE THERE FOR ME WHEN I RETIRE OR WATCH OUT!!!!!!! YOU HERE THAT YOU F***ING FEDS??]

LOL.

Like Lucidity said: we are tail-enders.

We've paid in all our working lives and there will squat for us even if we can live long enough to collect anything with the age brackets being extended.

My 401K has lost value.

I anticipate not retiring. I'll die in service to our corporate masters instead.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by mydarkpassenger

And like gnosticquasar alluded to it's going to be even more different for upcoming generations...but the saving grace there (if one can even call it that) is that they didn't pile as much money into the corrupt and greedy system and are laboring under the new rules from the start. This is not to say it's not going to be and get more challenging (read harder) for everyone.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   

The guy puts the point on exactly where politicians screwed the folks in the future for the short-term gratification gained from dipping into the the SS funds. This is not solely the older worker's fight anymore, but it concerns everybody that expects to have a retirement backed-up by SS (if nothing else!).

Anytime some politicians starts yammering about the short-fall of SS and how it needs to be handed over to the money grubbers of Wall Street, that is time to jump up and reminded them that it was they and they alone that destroyed the system. And it was not likely a gross bookkeeping mistake. A responsible government (to the people!) should have the knowledge and foresight to plan ahead for where its economy and population is heading in order to forestall easily avoidable pitfalls. There can be no mistake in this case. It was premeditated.

It is time to bring the government back to the people. I don't have any idea about how to do that, but it needs to be done or we are worse than robots on a treadmill for the pure pleasure of those that we allow to control us and gift themselves beyond a common man's reasoning.

We older folks have little to lose, so perhaps it should start with us.

edit on 19-1-2011 by Aliensun because: touchup!

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
The gentleman speaks for all of us.
Star and flagged for bringing this to our attention. Many of us will never be able to afford to retire. A shame!!

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Thankyou for this post! I gave you a flag and I will tell you, that this is the type of material that keeps me coming back to ats.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I'm almost 42 and I'm certain that even I will be out of reach for that goal post. It's like that horror movie dream sequence where you see the door to escape but it just keeps stretching off into the distance no matter how fast you run to it.

S&F for the OP!

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

I hear ya',I am a baby boomer and I know
that I will never get social security.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by itsawild1

I will be 56 next week and I don't think there will
be any social security for us.I hope that I'm wrong.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Excellent response to an idiot who doesn't realize just how many baby boomers are still around and can collude to put him out of office...

i'm no politiician but this guy just seems like a dumb-a**

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
I am a retired federal employee. In the mid-80's our retirement system changed and we pay into Social Security, though some older employees are still under the old system. I am one of the first retired under the new. I have my pension which is very small but expect to draw Soc Sec when I am a bit older, at least I am hoping to be able to draw it. I too have paid into Soc Sec all my life since way before starting with the government.

It is not only the politicians that call us greedy but some of the younger people that say we are all greedy and expecting "entitlements". I would settle for just receiving what I and my employers paid in to Social Security, though the dollars I paid 35 years ago were worth much more than they are today. I was worried, and still am, that somebody is going to declare the US bankrupt and just give us a "sorry" instead of our money.

Efforts to privatize Social Security I am very glad did not work. I believe the intent was to transfer our money into stocks and tell us "sorry" like they already have with a large portion of my 401K type account a couple years ago. The younger folks, it seems, are being programmed to scorn the older generation for expecting their loan to be repaid.

edit on 19-1-2011 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-1-2011 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join