It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michael Moore - People own guns because they're fearful racists.

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by mountain40
reply to post by Kryties

I don't know anything about survival or wildlife biology or human physiology. Ok. I'd say it's fairly obvious you know NOTHING about survival, so little in fact, you don't know enough to arm yourself to protect your loved ones. BTW, the Jews never imagined they'd get to visit the inside of an over when Hitler banned private citizens from owning firearms. Be a good little sheeple now and get back to grazing.

LMAO, you obviously know nothing about me then. Don't know enough to protect my family and loved ones? What planet do you live on? I've LIVED through a home invasion thankyou very much - and I smacked the bloke across the knees with a cricket bat putting him in hospital - how dare you sit there in your armchair in your basement and make ridiculous claims like that.

I think it is YOU that should go back to your grazing mate.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by 46ACE

Strictly your opinion which a majority here are american so will never disagree.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu

Spoken like a man who has never made bows, arrows, or set a trap. It's not something you can just read about in a book and then go DO, with ANY expectation of success!

Wrong. I was a Scout and then joined the Australian Army Reserves when I was young and naive - I know how to survive if TSHTF - but then again I wouldn't expect an armchair expert such as yourself to know any of that.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties

Originally posted by nenothtu

Spoken like a man who has never made bows, arrows, or set a trap. It's not something you can just read about in a book and then go DO, with ANY expectation of success!

Wrong. I was a Scout and then joined the Australian Army Reserves when I was young and naive - I know how to survive if TSHTF - but then again I wouldn't expect an armchair expert such as yourself to know any of that.

[size=36]BS

If you truly had the know-how you claim, you'd know better than to spout the tripe you do. You were a "Scout" and a"Reservist"? Gimme a break. Did you sell many cookies? In either endeavor?

"Armchair expert"? You might want to research my history before "shooting from the lip" like that. I've actually LIVED what I talk, not just talked out my ass about things I know nothing about from the comforts of home. These guys are telling you how it is, vis-a-vis fat intake, conservation of energy, ALL of what they're saying, but you, with your "Scouting" and "reservist" experience under your belt, think you know better?

I guarantee that with what I know, and what you THINK you know, that I'll be walking past your bleaching bones, cricket bat and all, if it hits the fan.

What you THINK you know will kill you dead in the real world. You might ought to stick with scouting, and leave surviving to the big kids.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
People from the UK have much less to worry about. What is the largest animal in the UK? The neighbors dog? Yeah...down here in Texas we have 700lb hogs, bobcats, mountain lions, coyotes, foxes, wolves, and an occasional badger.

Add to that, in my town of 30k people we have 6 prisons and a mental health hospital that houses "forensic" patients. Yeah, i am keeping my guns.

A shotgun is not the issue here. (in the UK, you can get shotguns (farming and whatnot)). Handguns are the issue. You don't hunt or protect against wildlife with handguns, you use shotguns.

Don't know an awful lot about guns, do you? Handgun hunting is a sport all it's own. I've never hunted for sport - never could see any "sport" in it - but I HAVE carried handguns as a defense against predators, both two and four legged.

I fully support shotguns..hell, would give everyone a shotgun on earth if it was possible. They are big, bulky, and will in a pinch protect against home invasions on the occasional time it happens. You also need some knowledge to use it. a handgun has a specific purpose...that being, to kill humans quickly.

Wrong again. The specific purpose of a handgun versus a long gun is portability - ease of carry. It is NOT to specifically target any one thing. It's to have an easily portable way to launch projectiles. What you choose to launch those projectiles AT is the decision of the operator, not the gun or it's designer.

I think handguns need to have some serious rules on them...longer waiting period, a safety course, etc etc etc...basically institute the canadian way of doing things. This would secure the right, but not before they showed the ability.

See, "rights" are RIGHTS specifically because they are already THERE, not because you have to pass a test to get them. Simply by agreeing to a "test" of any sort, you have already effectively given up your rights, and voluntarily allowed someone else to do your thinking for you.

edit on 2011/1/20 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

"As soon as laws are necessary for men, they are no longer fit for freedom." Pythagoras

I prefer to trust other individuals. Hope that they can rise to my expectations. And if they fail miserably, deal with them appropriately. Mans destiny is freedom. Anything less is an atrocity. His goal is to use that freedom wisely. Anything less is idiocy.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Peolpe only use guns because they cannot use their hands.....mine are deadly weapons. No...there's no permit. Come get some.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by FoJAk

AHAHAHAAAHHAHA!

Is that you, Bruce? Chuck? Or just a guy that watches a lot of Kung Fu movies? I dunno how many times I've heard that old line about "My hands is deadly weapons!" Yeah, maybe so, but probably not, and even if they are, they ain't gonna do a hell of a lot against 2 or 3 guys armed with guns and 30 feet away. I bet they can bring THEIR deadly weapons into play before you can bring YOURS in.

Step into the real world some time - unless you just ain't from around hyar... I can kind of excuse the blunder if that's the case.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Come on now. Totally a joke.

But yes, I do love kung-fu movies!
edit on 1/21/2011 by FoJAk because: for the kung-fu

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Well in that case people who don't own guns are ignorant sheeple.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by FoJAk

Come on now. Totally a joke.

But yes, I do love kung-fu movies!
edit on 1/21/2011 by FoJAk because: for the kung-fu

Gotcha. I sort of expected that, hence the "laugh" at the beginning, but wasn't really sure. I mean, there really ARE folks out there that make that claim...

I'll consider my wrist slapped - by a Master of Kung Fu Movies!

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by questcequecest
reply to post by FlyersFan

because it's our constitutional right

i am sick to death of you people saying this...
who gives two #s, u hang onto this constitution thing and forget everything else
if u didnt have guns youd be better off.
wheres the progress in following something written 200 years ago
"The United States Constitution is the oldest written constitution still in use by any nation in the world"
err that is not a good thing.

you think your country was free when they wrote it??

Not sure I understand this comment. Aside from the fact it sounds like you prefer anarchy? I mean it's a document that lays out who we are and what we believe in as a people. Why would it not stand the test of time. Have we stopped believing in those things? Should we? And what do you mean "you people"? Are you not an American? If you aren't that would make sense I guess. Just trying to understand your position.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Sinnthia

I may owe you another apology - not really sure, it's past my bedtime this week...

You were completely correct in your assessment of the cat who said "it's to defend if the government crosses the line - (and they already have)" Either he lives by his words, and is in a shoot-'em-up as we speak, if that's what he believes, or he's blowin' smoke. can't be both ways.

I think where I went off the rails with that is where you edited the second part out of his quote in your response, and I missed it. I can't recall at the moment if I addressed that directly, but If I did, I owe you an apology - and this is it.

Sorry 'bout that. Shake?

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by FoJAk
Peolpe only use guns because they cannot use their hands.....mine are deadly weapons. No...there's no permit. Come get some.

Good for you. I've training in martial arts as well. It's good to know how to fight close it. Outside 5 feet or more it's pretty weak defense against even a small caliber handgun though. If hear noises in my house at night, I'm damn sure taking my piece with me.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Watching MSNBC and especially Rachel Maddow is the devel's gift to sinners (not particularly religious - I'm just saying). I mean what do you really expect from people like her and Moore? The only people they respect from are other people like them. And why torture yourself watching them?

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Segador

and we all know what happens to sheep in the end, lamb chops any one? if you do not want to own a weapon that goes bang that is fine, not everyone wants to have, and in some cases needs to have, a firearm, there mouth is just as good. the fist time i saw a moore movie was bowling for columbine, not a good movie, nor was the way he did his rant, moore the bore, fell asleep, never did see how it ended, yes i do admit there should be some guns that should be not for sale, not with out the proper training anyway, seen some, never do this at home stuff done. and i think i am done with my rant.
a little bit of poetry, for your reading pleasure, I am a NRA member, and as one i try not flaunt it put it into peoples faces as to carrying one unless i am at the Rifle range going hunting or target shooting. that said there are some that think they have the right to show off the side arms and long arms in public, that is all fine if it is for gun show, but walking down the street unloaded, in to days world, is in my own opinion "NUTS" side arm yes, open carry yes, but to have them both with you????? this is in regards to a person in orem Utah that decide to do just that yes the LEO"S showed up and now he is facing some charges that will most likely for fit his right to have guns . do i feel bad for him no i feel sad that he though he had to do this, for what reason i do not know. other than he has the right to, well i have the right to write about it and say my 2cents worth leave your long auto's at home,like the ar15 m16 or ak47ect, side arm fine, this is an open carry state some place are, others are concealed, and some are no carry at all. this person could have been shot by someone or by the police. this was in the news tonight so i though i would speak my mind. and this happened at a mall what would you think no i was not there, just seen it on the news.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   

If I could be bothered finding my old pictures of my scout and army days later on I'll scan them in and post them just to prove how wrong you are. How on Earth can u call BS on something like that when you know absolutely jack-all about me hmmm? Or is that just the 'armchair basement dweller' in you rearing it's ugly head?

Btw, Aussie scouts don't sell 'cookies' - they are taught proper survival and other skills right from day one, but you wouldnt know that would you, sitting there in your basement half a world away.
edit on 21/1/2011 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties

If I could be bothered finding my old pictures of my scout and army days later on I'll scan them in and post them just to prove how wrong you are. How on Earth can u call BS on something like that when you know absolutely jack-all about me hmmm? Or is that just the 'armchair basement dweller' in you rearing it's ugly head?

Btw, Aussie scouts don't sell 'cookies' - they are taught proper survival and other skills right from day one, but you wouldnt know that would you, sitting there in your basement half a world away.

All I know about you is what you've stated here on this board. Those statements display a supreme lack of knowledge of anything survival related, and are glaringly obvious to anyone who knows better. That's EXACTLY how I can call BS on it. I presume that Aussie scouts are taught about the same things American ones are - or do they send you on a year long walkabout in the Outback? If they don't, I believe I've got the edge here - if it's anything LESS than a year, that is. Matter of fact, I'm sure they don't, or you wouldn't say the non-sensical things you do in regards to survival. If you'd been there, you'd know better.

Sure, we can compare photos if you like. I'll just sit here and wait on you to start, eh?

All that "arm chair basement dweller" chatter? Yeah, that's pretty juvenile, but it also displays just what YOU know of ME, which is... how's that you said it? Oh yeah, "jack all".

Tell you what, hoss. I'll stand by everything I've said, and wait for you to show ANY of it to be wrong, rather than your normal tactic of attempted deflection by insult. MM k? You can start by giving me a crash course in making useful bows and arrows, per your original claim that it's "easy" to do. Failing that, maybe you'd like to tackle your claims about how trapping is so easy? Maybe demonstrate a knowledge of what's involved? Hmm?

OR - you could just try to deflect again to cover your obvious lack of knowledge by attempting another of those "basement dweller" insults... frankly, I've been called worse by better.

BTW, EVERYONE who knows anything about me at all knows I live in the attic, not the basement!

edit on 2011/1/21 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Ok guys and girls,I'm an Aussie and a firearm owner,
I'm hearing a lot of "to fight the government when they cross the line" type comments,my questions are,
1- Who decides when that line is crossed ? that nut job in AZ who shot the congress women the other week probably thought the government had crossed his line,no popular uprising happened did it?

2- Y'all do realise that not all US citizen's will see you guys as freedom fighters,but as insurgents and they may well turn their guns on those who they perceive as the enemy,let's say 40% of firearm owners are opposed to your rebellion add the US military to that ,your odds of winning are very low almost zero,agree/disagree

3-Who dies 1st policemen ,government employees, politicians ?

Not trying to start a fight just curious is all

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Travlla

In principle, if freedom shall be had it must be worthy of dying for:

"Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
-Patrick Henry

Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson

Because there are those who have already sacrificed dearly for the freedoms that are being stolen from us:

"“Posterity: you will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it.” - John Quincy Adams

Thomas Jefferson tells us when the 2nd Amendment should become relevant and useful:

"The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it. "

Until then, it is all about peaceful discourse and the rule of law.

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join