It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michael Moore - People own guns because they're fearful racists.

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinnthia

Oohhhh I would advise against answering questions like that.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Patrioitinsheepclothing

Do you really thing this poster has been killing people in a fight against the government and it has gone unnoticed until they answer my rather vague and broad question on ATS? Sure.

People claim that the 2nd is there to protect them against the government. This poster claimed the government has already breached that. So...if they are honest about believing they have the right to fight tyranny with their guns and tyranny is alreayd upon us, they are either out there shooting politicians or a hypocrite. I just have a feeling it is not the former or we would have heard something by now.

I also question statements like that because I question the mind that believes they can outgun the government. How many guns can you shoot at once? How about after weeks without power, clean water, food, gasoline, access to roads? How many bullets do you think you can put into an armored patrol then?

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by questcequecest
reply to post by FlyersFan

because it's our constitutional right

i am sick to death of you people saying this...
who gives two #s, u hang onto this constitution thing and forget everything else
if u didnt have guns youd be better off.

Serious question here: just who in hell are YOU to tell ME what will make me "better off"? How did YOU become so knowledgable about MY situation? Who issued the license that allows YOU to make decisions for ME?

wheres the progress in following something written 200 years ago
"The United States Constitution is the oldest written constitution still in use by any nation in the world"
err that is not a good thing.

you think your country was free when they wrote it??

Another serious question here: Who gives a rat's ass about your brand of "progress"? Again, who issued the license that allows YOU to decide what amounts to "progress" for ME? You know, I've always gone by the philosophy that if something already works, there's no need to "fix" it.

That includes a 200 year old "goddamn piece of paper".

See, if something is already working, then "progress" just for the sake of "progress" will likely break it in the process. Then, you're left with something that you have to "fix", which will definitely cut into your recreational time. Therefore, "progress" simply for it's own sake, and at the definition of the clueless as to what amounts to progress, ain't a good thing, either!

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   

When i refer to "legal citizens", i may not be using proper terminology.

Children cannot vote and are not given property rights, nor are they able to provide legal consent or enter into a contract. This really limits their ability to "own' anything to begin with, let alone a gun.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Something else to add: you don't have to be a citizen of the US to be allowed a gun. The right of a man to keep and bear arms is a "self evident truth". All men, being created equal, are allowed the same rights. This is my position. If its good for the goose, its good for the gander, so to speak.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Odessy

doesn't canada have a higher percent of private gun ownership.... and with less violence???

Simply put, nope.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by totalmetal

Michael Moore is tired and old news, IMO. Anyway, on the gun issue... I don't think owning a gun makes you a racist at all. Being a racist makes you racist. Owning a gun is probably a good idea these days.

Im glad someone actually sees things for what they are.

Whenever we talk guns on ATS, Im always disappointed with how many people have misconceptions about this issue.

There have always been crazy people.

There have always been murder, robberies, etc

When it wasnt guns it was swords, when it wasnt swords it was sharpened sticks and clubs.

Personally, I would be much more afraid to be hacked to death with a sword, than shot with a firearm, or blown up by some explosive.

There will always be crazy people, and there will always be weapons of some sort. People who dont see the need for guns, or fail to understand why people own them clearly have lived sheltered lives and have NO CLUE what sort of evil people there are that exist in the world. What do you propose you do if you wake up in the middle of the night, and you hear voices in your home that dont belong to your wife or child? Call the cops? Start shouting for them to leave? Good luck with that

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   

I may have misunderstood his remark, but I took it as he is not going to be giving up his gun rights. He shouldnt answer your question unless he enjoys being baited into something, as well as just simple self protection against people who will turn his words around and try to use them against him.
Its a good example of how the freedom of speach is being stripped away from what I see.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   

the man has a point.... fear begets fear...

k

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by HattoriHanzou

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

British people calling for gun control in the USA makes me think we should have teamed up with Germany in WWI and finished you bastards off for good.

Keep the heck away from our 2nd amendment.
edit on 20-1-2011 by HattoriHanzou because: (no reason given)

OMG if it wasnt for the british you would even be here!!!! show some respect...

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer

British people calling for gun control in the USA makes me think we should have teamed up with Germany in WWI and finished you bastards off for good.

Keep the heck away from our 2nd amendment.
edit on 20-1-2011 by HattoriHanzou because: (no reason given)

OMG if it wasnt for the british you would even be here!!!! show some respect...

So that means that they get to comment on US gun laws?

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinnthia

Originally posted by HappilyEverAfter
Break it down even further
PEOPLE CONTROL / BEHAVIOR CONTROL

but since that is even further from being realistic I'll settle for controlling what can happen to me or my loved ones, and even then it's still an unknown, but the odds improve.

I am not sure how this applies to or addresses what I wrote.
Can you please elaborate if you wish me to understand.

Oh god here we go again,
I was hoping you'd lost that condesending combative chip you carry, but right outta the gate I see you've got it on,
never mind,
I dont have the energy for your circle walks right now.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan

When i refer to "legal citizens", i may not be using proper terminology.

Children cannot vote and are not given property rights, nor are they able to provide legal consent or enter into a contract. This really limits their ability to "own' anything to begin with, let alone a gun.

So you are going back on what you said about no gun control of any kind? This would be gun control. You are limiting the rights of individuals to bear arms based on some arbitrary notion of property rights? "Shall not be abridged."

So you are also for some form of gun control, just your specific form of gun control.
S

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

is was meant with homour...athough i feel all people are entiled to comment. this is an international forum..

kx

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan

Something else to add: you don't have to be a citizen of the US to be allowed a gun. The right of a man to keep and bear arms is a "self evident truth". All men, being created equal, are allowed the same rights. This is my position. If its good for the goose, its good for the gander, so to speak.

Except for people under the age of 18 for what seesm kind of like no real reason at all? I do not understand how that is not gun control. People the age of 16 can have consentual sex, own property, be legally employed, pay taxes, get married, depending on where they live in the US. You are suggesting they should not be allowed to have guns so you are for gun control.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Patrioitinsheepclothing

I may have misunderstood his remark, but I took it as he is not going to be giving up his gun rights.

Then maybe stay out of it?

He shouldnt answer your question unless he enjoys being baited into something, as well as just simple self protection against people who will turn his words around and try to use them against him.

Are you his dad? Who are you to tell people that you do not even understand what they should do on here?

Its a good example of how the freedom of speach is being stripped away from what I see.

You mean me asking him a question or you demanding he shut up? You seem very confused about what just took place.

I have a legitimate question on topic to that poster about what they said. You cannot step in, scream that they not answer me, and then claim I am stifling free speech. That just makes no sense. It is not on topic. You did not even understand what you read. Please allow other posters the opportunity to decide for themselves whether or not they would like to answer me. You can ignore me all you like. Thanks.

Back on topic....
edit on 20-1-2011 by Sinnthia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinnthia

Break it down even further
PEOPLE CONTROL / BEHAVIOR CONTROL

but since that is even further from being realistic I'll settle for controlling what can happen to me or my loved ones, and even then it's still an unknown, but the odds improve.

I am not sure how this applies to or addresses what I wrote.
Can you please elaborate if you wish me to understand.

Oh god here we go again,
I was hoping you'd lost that condesending combative chip you carry, but right outta the gate I see you've got it on,
never mind,
I dont have the energy for your circle walks right now.

I did not understand your post or what it applied to.
I asked you to explain it to me.
Im not sure how it is rude or condescending.

I think you came out of the wrong gate. I was just standing here
edit on 20-1-2011 by Sinnthia because: fewer words may help around here.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   

new topics