It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conspiracy Theories And Professional Discussion The Norm At AboveTopSecret.com

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by franspeakfree

I think it says something about them though. No matter how much Examiner source bashing we do around here they still chose to paint us in a good light.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
an ATS gimmick, just like whispersinthedark

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Greetings Boring Norm ATS,

Re;Conspiracy Theories And Professional Discussion The Norm At AboveTopSecret.com,

>>> But I don't like to be Normal... That's why I'm here... see? now they are taking our only place that was off the grid and ass-emulating us into the GCN/Clear channel main stream Prozac head media networks... I will not do it I tell you... No... No... No... I am not Normal... But what ever makes the buck per clicks$$$ with out it we would have no place to go for our Conspiracy release.

Mr X in the spot light
(gotta wear shade's)
edit on 19-1-2011 by CONSPIRACYWARRIOR because: Top secret

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

Yes, brilliant... let's make ATS a homogeneous echo-chamber. What a "great" idea.

Not that it isn't much of one, already. I find this article highly suspect. If I had written this article, the headline would read more like, "Above Top Secret Popular Amongst Paranoid Lunatics; Great Community for the Like-minded, All Others Beware".
edit on 19-1-2011 by pr3l33t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wildmanimal
reply to post by burntheships

I like the "respectful and intelligent" description. Great to see ATS moving forward in a positive light.

Yes, Intelligent. And even highly intelligent!
Even brilliant!

Cheerio!

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   

it is a very well written article. I tried to leave a message there, but I triggered their spam filter. Whatever.
I welcome the press and the new members that will come with it. We cannot keep having the same discussions with the same people and expect to have different outcomes. Thanks for posting this.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by C2CExaminer

Thanks for popping in - and absolutely, you are welcome here!

Enjoy.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by network dude

Agree, so often we are intimidated by change. When it comes small and predictable, we manage.
When a large event occurs we are challenged. There are some great minds here.

Just take a look at these incredible threads!

Para: Untsberg - The Mystery Mountain

By Skyfloating

The Milky Way - Welcome To Your New Home Galaxy!

By Zorgon

Origins Of Atlantis/Lemuria Myths Part 1

[By Slayer69

The Skull & Bones 322 And Why America Celebrated The Passage Of The HealthCare Bill On 3/22

By ProtoplasmicTraveler

Just a few of the many amazing intelligent discussions.

And with each new member comes new thought, new questions, and endless opportunities!

Growing pains!

edit on 19-1-2011 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
The reason I come here is because it is moderated. I have seen many forums on other sites turn into "Teen Chat". When the mods see the potential for a runaway thread, they just end it. I am sure there are many that see that as censorship. It just goes to show, you can't please everyone.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I do love Coast to Coast, its about time this great website had some kudos.

AboveTopSecret is one of the Premo sites for news before it hits msm and then the filtering of information by our premo and well informed and intelligent membership, be it fact or fiction we usually get to the bottom of it.......
Cheers ATS. From the bizaaro to the factos, all in one place.

Well Done ATS team and membership.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
this is the best site on the web, it make's you laugh cry and think, some times all in one thread. Top story's, news from around the world, information that, would take a week or a month can be found the same day hour min here. need a video a link just ask, some one will post it have a link or tell you were to find it. nothing is to strange, off the wall or weird to post, read, and find.think you had coffee with ET, no need to fear, post it here. ATS, do i need to say more.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   

There are just enough gems on ATS to keep me visiting. Weathering the constant influx of insanity can be tiresome but I do recognize that in time the bad apples realize they will gain no traction here. My only outstanding issue is that to many Original posts can get away with what a reply to said OP cannot. I have seem a fair share of political OPS that are clearly trolling but because they are the OP they are left to stand.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Not sure if anyone else has stated this, but it is an examiner article and therefore not to be trusted.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Examiner.com is not a hard news outlet, more like what we call in the industry a "soft news" site. It has very little checks and balances and anyone can write for Examiner.com. While I agree it's fun to see our beloved ATS in the news this really isn't a "news" publication per se.

Think Michael Cohen over at AllNewsWeb writing ridiculous UFO stories for page clicks/views to garner ad dollars - same thing with Examiner.com.

Take a look for yourself at the guidelines to write for Examiner.com, then click on the "Get Started" button: apply.examiner.com...

There is an editor who makes sure you can write in standard English with proper grammar and that you're not a marketing wonk, but at the end of the day anyone, including you and me, can contribute to this site. Good article though, spot on.

edit on 19-1-2011 by Jason88 because: formatting

edit on 19-1-2011 by Jason88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
Well over the last few months I have seen Main Stream media picking up stories from ATS

But this notoriety comes with a price...

More will flock to join..

Good for business... but it means more repeat topics, more trolls, etc
edit on 18-1-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)
Agree,but lets hope it doesn't become msm.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Too bad I too often see cornball articles that mock the motto "deny ignorance" by instead promoting it. I truly have begun wonder what the average age of the ATS community would be? Nevertheless, lots of interesting things if you know how to pick and choose, much better than the mainstream media which is designed deception and feel good utopian nonsense.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Jason88

Wow! Color ME embarrassed! I guess the two weeks research I've been doing on a Kennedy Assassination article is pretty much wasted effort. I mean...if ANYBODY can do it, I wonder why it's taking ME so long to get it done. Maybe I'll just let my dog type up the next one while I sit here and count the money.....

Yes, you're right. Almost anybody can get accepted to write for Examiner.com. But few stick around. And even fewer make money at it. It's like anything else on the internet - quality counts for something.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
If the Examiner is saying good things about ATS, what does that really mean for both organizations?

If someone posts a thread using the Examiner as a new source here on ATS, it usually gets shot down pretty fast.

Not sure if this is a good thing or not.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by synchro

The article in question was written by ME, Donna Anderson (I don't mind using my real name because it's on the article anyway.)

It was NOT written by Examiner.com or by an anonymous person looking for clicks, or by a monkey or even my dog. Examiner.com does not tell me what to write or how to write it or what opinion they want me to express.

The only reason the article was even written was because Mark Allin was on Coast to Coast that night and that's what I DO - I report on the guests who come on C2C.

I could just as easily have trash talked this forum but instead, I came here, read some of the different threads, and honestly found it a nice place to visit. Had I taken the other fork in the road, like a lot of unethical bloggers and content providers so often do, and taken advantage of the connection between ATS and Loughner, I could be making some great money off of that article right now. But I don't work that way.

I could also have kept that article very short and sweet and just said that Mark Allin with ATS was a guest and JLL had posted here. But that would also have attracted negative attention simply because I DIDN'T include any details.

I completely understand those of you who are questioning the motives, this being a conspiracy-type forum and all. But Jeez.... Can't you just accept a compliment when one is given?

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
Well over the last few months I have seen Main Stream media picking up stories from ATS

But this notoriety comes with a price...

More will flock to join..

Good for business... but it means more repeat topics, more trolls, etc
edit on 18-1-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

i agree more will flock to join but i think they will be mostly younger members whose eyes are opening and we must be pacient with them as we are with our children

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join