It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conspiracy Theories And Professional Discussion The Norm At AboveTopSecret.com

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog

Pass onto others that which was imparted onto us ... so evolves awareness.

SDog,

Thats what your famous for!

You make me pause for thought.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
ATS has certainly carved out a very large niche market for itself and it shows. They have recieved a lot of publicity in the wake of the Arizona shootings, some of it good, and some of it bad. I think you have to hand it to Bill and Mark for taking the lemons they get dealt from time to time with events that involve members making the news and managing to turn it into lemonade.

Great job by the adminstrators and of course all the members who provide the great content and the civility that makes the site the shining exception in the internet world.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
I think you have to hand it to Bill and Mark .....

Great job by the adminstrators and of course all the members who provide the great content and the civility that makes the site the shining exception in the internet world.

Well said Proto,

Mark for braving it on Coast to Coast!

edit on 18-1-2011 by burntheships because:

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Why is this a good article???

I'll tell you why

One would think that with so many members, who come from all over the world, and the diversity of topics, this forum would not be a place for the average forum participant to visit. Yet these discussions are surprisingly professional, intelligent and respectful.

The ATS Staff that's why!

Also it promotes such behavior as

In response to his rambling, illogical posts, the strongest thing anyone said was to tell him he needed to get some help before he hurt himself or someone else.

also this:

We promote the examination of any topic as long as manners are maintained.

All of this not only makes ATS the best site on the internet, it also makes it the most respectful.

Great minds think alike, but wise minds think different!

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Oh ya and
Star and Flag of course!

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Heard Mark Allin live with George Knapp on Coast to Coast late Sunday night, he did an excellent job of addressing the notoriety since the Tucson shooting. If you get a chance to listen it is well worth it. He talked about the reaction of ATS members and also all the mainstream news agencies who have contacted him including CNN and the Washington Post. Mark also mentioned that they are not doing any more interviews at this time with mainstream media and that it has been a heck of week and that he and Skeptic Overlord were on this 24/7. Mark said he never thought he would say this, but the mainstream media treated us very well.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Hey OP and thanks!

Well, I see this being a bitter-sweet thing.

It's wonderful to get encouraging, positive and rave reviews however.......I can't help but wonder the flood of crazies this might attract now.

I think ATS should have some sort of sanity-test before becoming a member like:
"When you see six planes flying about, giving off heavy thick trails, lingering for almost 45 minutes, would you call that:
A) Suspicious
B) a Cloud?"

And.......

"Say a 47-story building burns on only a couple of floors yet---- falls down like a house of cards. Would you say:
A) That's natural
B) None of my business?

Hey, I'll write the questions!
How about it SO? May I be in charge of the sanity portion of the initiation test for the new-comers?
I'll be nice

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
ATS I think has become the Definitive Conspiracy and Alternative Subject Think-tank!

Bloody excellent I say

Well done chaps

/* tips hat to fellow ATS's

+5 more 
posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Hello ATS peeps,

First of all, I'm glad you all liked my article. It never really even occurred to me that you'd see it and I just noticed ATS pop up on my stats. Thank you for reading.

When I saw the traffic coming from this forum I thought I'd better come and check it out in case my article made anyone angry. Thankfully, so far anyway, I see that it hasn't.

But I wanted to pop in here and say that I firmly believe everything I said in that article. I've been a member of a lot of forums in my lifetime and this has got to be the most professionally run and congenial place I've ever seen. You all should be very proud of what you have here and yes, put together that sanity test fast!

When I was putting that article together I came here and lurked around a few of your different threads, too, just to make sure that the 2 or 3 threads I mentioned in the article weren't some weird anomaly and they weren't. You guys treat everyone with respect, whether you agree or not. What a wonderful community you have.

Obviously, I'm a fan - of your forum, of conspiracy theories, of the paranormal, etc. If you don't mind, I may pop in every now and then just to see what's going on. I promise I won't write about you again without letting you know first

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Congratz ATS and members. It is a nice site!

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by C2CExaminer

Welcome to the madhouse we call home....

We appreciate the article.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
congratulations ats and all its members, recognition is always a positive sign

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Who the bloody hell let you in ??

hehe only joking of course buddy, nice to see that you came along first to check things out. I cant help but feel that perhaps sometimes when articles such as yours are put together the author fails to research his subjects properly and this as you know can lead to false representations of what places such as this are all about.

Welcome to what can only be described as the best forum on the interwebz although I have to agree with the sanity test, but I just keep telling myself in the mirror 'we are fine aren't we' and every time the voices tell me - YES! all is well

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Maybe it's because I am a newbie, but I am not surprised. I never got to experience what other older members speak of as far as the discussion being so much better and the like So I can only judge from what I have seen. I love ATS. I have learned a lot and researched a lot since joining. IMHO, this is the best community on the net. Now others are seeing it too.

Great job and many kudos to everyone.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
SLAYER69 and StarTraveller - thanks for the welcome. I'm going to have to try to find an avatar somewhere. I feel nekid!

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Thank you for the article, and welcome to ATS!

edit on 18-1-2011 by manta78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Here....

You can use either of these in the meantime

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c2d330284bb7.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fb57d19e041a.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I thought you were saving those for the
CNN guys

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Actually what you are witnessing right now is a bizarre hole in the ATS Space Time Continuum where normally the Examiner would not be considered a ‘good’ source for a breaking news story.

However in this case because it’s a favorable story about ATS it passes muster.

So while stopping in from time to time, you might want to look for those skeptics and critics who often chime in on threads where the topic is based on an Examiner article and remind them that ‘you’ll be back!”

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Now that you mention it, I'll remember to be careful. Thanks. I did see a thread or two about Examiner.com....

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join