It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comet Elenin is coming!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

Oh hey, I don't buy these prophesised doomsday predictions myself, but if and when it comes, I'll be up the slag bank overlooking the Solway Firth with a bottle of Bushmills and REM's It's the end of the world blasting out as the tsunami approaches. I'm kinda hoping Ireland and the IOM will take the brunt of it and the worst we get is wet undies. (I'm only kidding of course, I noticed your from Ireland).

I think the possibilty of it changing its course however is very remote, at least in the amount it would need to collide with us. It would need to come within something like 0.005 LD before brown trouser time, and even then its mass, speed and direction of travel will play a big part.

Oh and nice use of marra, marra!

edit on 17/1/11 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by PuterMan

Comet Elenin is coming!

we will pass through the debris trail – if it exists – around the 6th November 2011.

Hmmmm....or how about passing through on 11/11/11

I'm just sayin

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by PuterMan
reply to post by boo1981

Don't know about close it looks on the orbit will intersect right on top of it.

Have you got Java script on? If you are using IE try using Firefox or Chrome.

Can not believe it!! I typed out a reply to you and lost my connection on clicking reply Grrrr

Now i will type it out again and hope i don't loose it again.

I do have Chrome, but i have never used it, its just sat there in my program list.

On trying it with Chrome i was presented with a message say that the plug-in required was not installed.
What plug-in would this be and how do i install it?

Thanks in advance

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by boo1981

Originally posted by Pauligirl
Comet Elenin will pass very close to STEREO-B in July 2011. See the orbit simulation here.
secchi.nrl.navy.mil...

Not happy, I don't seem to be able to view it!! Just giving me a white screen

I wanna see!!

See if you can get in this way--links to the orbit simulation
sungrazer.nrl.navy.mil...

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
NOOOO! now all of the people that thinks earth is going to be destroyed in 2012 are going to be so dissepointed. Guess that the Mayans were all wrong. Well well that sucks. And NOOOO! the NWO, they have worked so hard to take over this world and now the world will be destroyed before they even had a chance to take over it. Man I feel sorry for them.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by boo1981

Hey Boo, you need Java installed, it's different to Javascript, go here to download and install:

www.java.com...
edit on 17/1/11 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by boo1981

Not sure what that would be. I just ran it in Chrome and it was fine. Still sounds like a Java problem to me.

Go to Java and try downloading the latest version. Click on "Do I have Java" first under the big red download button.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
*pokes head in...looks arounds...ok, ot's safe to post now...

It just so happens that Nov 6th is my Birthday - I guess I might get fireworks after all! LOL

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

Thanks for the link, i'm going to leave it till tomorrow and give it a try as i need to get off to bed now. School run in the morning.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   

weird lol

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I hope we do pass through the debris trail, all of the meteor showers that I remember being spectacular when I was a kid totally suck now. Would be nice to have a nice new show

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by matrix12

Weird indeed. On the EU Times site they posted:

NASA: Approaching space object ‘artificial, not asteroid’
Posted by EU Times on Jan 6th, 2011 // 7 Comments

They said it "was detected by the Catalina Sky Survey in Arizona earlier this month" yet NASA has an article about it:

Asteroid 2010 KQ: Probably a Rocket Body
Don Yeomans, Paul Chodas and Steve Chesley
NASA/JPL Near-Earth Object Program Office
May 27, 2010

Note this is dated May 2010. Not quite sure where the UFO bit comes in as neither the EU Times original article or NASA refer to it as such. The You Tube user has misrepresented what they said.

edit on 17/1/2011 by PuterMan because: to add a new link 'cos i forgotted it.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I Read Very Little About This Article I Have Heard About It Before. Im Actully A Bit More Excited Now My Birthday Is Nov 6... I Want A Comet.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by CayceFan

MABUS is SUDAM in the mirror, who waskilled by bush....

MABUS in the mirror would be SUBAM not "SUDAM" and no- Bush did not kill Saddam.
mabus in the mirror is sudam, the b and the d are miorror images,
I do not subscribe to the belief myself, but I can see what the poster wrote.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Comet Elenin has already started talk again about the comet mentioned in the Nostradamus quatrains that will, supposedly, shed a quarter-mile diameter shard that will then impact our planet in the area of the Azores.

This impact will then cripple much of Europe and the east coast of North America, leaving the path open for the Muslim horde led by the Mahdi.

The entire sequence was originally supposed to begin in August (or October)of 1999, when the comet is seen by way of an eclipse. But calendars being what they are and our inexact keep of time, the focus is now on Elenin as that harbinger.

In closing, a quarter-mile (one stadia) comet fragment striking along the mid-Atlantic ridge around the Azores would cause all kinds of problems, including tsunamis, earthquakes, floods and retransitting pieces of our own planet.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by matrix12

that video sounds like a bunch of malarky!

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

I was just reading over some of the posts again and I thought I should respond to your comment about changing course as I had not done so.

I think the possibilty of it changing its course however is very remote, at least in the amount it would need to collide with us.

In this post I put up a diagram showing the path of the comet and it's intersection with the Taurids. I mentioned the trail of asteroid debris that the comet has to pass through but did not spell out that
  1. This could result in a course changing collision
  2. The comet could pick up a trail of matter from this source.

Either event or events if they happen could result in a course change and/or a bombardment. Equally of course it could steer the comet away from us.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
As mentioned earlier,. Could this be something that has passed before,.
didnt someone mention that the southern side of the moon has an unusual amount of damage
as in a large shower of meteors?

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Hmmm, with all the talk of passing through the comets tail, this movie comes to mind. www.youtube.com...=55s:

But on a serious note, it's going to be interesting to see how this plays out in the coming months. I mean, sure we've been told 12/21/2012 was the date, then some have said no the end date is 2013. What if that was all disinformation so people won't panic and the real date is closer? Not that I believe it, but I'm keeping an open mind to it.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

Assuming that it is a long period comet and not an hyperbolic one (that does not come back) then yes it will have passed this way before. Obviously it did not impact the Moon as it is still around, but a chunk of it could have indeed.

I am still hoping that they will calculate it's periodicity soon. Will it be 3600 or so years?

Watch this space - actually watch that space out there as well !!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join