It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comet Elenin is coming!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Comet Elenin? You mean that song by Dexy's Midnight Runners?

edit on 18-1-2011 by SubPop79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frankenchrist

I recall the comet in the movie "Deep Impact" being called "ELE" which stood for End of Life Event.

Actually in the movie it stood for "Extinction Level Event".

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   
^^^^ Thats right. I knew it was somthing like that. I could only watch the movie once. Te'a Leone(sp)? was terrible in that one.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zagari
Leonid Elenin discovered it...Can you remember the name of the boy who discovers the comet in Deep Impact? Yeah, its LEO.

Whuuuuuuuuuut?

Crazy.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   
No matter what happens interesting days are coming. Does anyone know the last time we passed through a comet tail? Just curious.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by CaptSplatter

I believe one of the previous meteor showers I think last October was the result of Haley's tail.

Apparently I was a few hundred years off OPPPS! www.wired.com...
edit on 18-1-2011 by Golithion because: Ditto head strikes back!

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Great thread. one question, how big is it.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by reefdiver910
thats some crazy stuff , i wonder if it will actually come any closer , maybe this is planet x?

planet x is a different situation to what this commet is ... planet x or other wise know as Nibiru is supose to start taking effect on December 2012 or sooner...Not sure exactly what is going to happen when that passes by ...not to mention the solar flares .....yes looks like were in for a couple of intresting , scary and suprising years ahead

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 02:14 AM
link   
great find, thx for the heads up

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 02:15 AM
link   
I think we'll all be just fine. Well, let me re-phrase that. *Most* of us should be okay. TPTB (The Powers That Be) probably have access to exotic technologies of which we are mostly unaware. Sure they might despise us prosaic cattle. Sure they might want a dramatic decrease in population. But, they simply can't directly control (as far as we know) the effects of allowing a comet to impact Earth.

Hypothetically, say they want a disaster to destroy most of the population of this planet. They still want to HAVE A PLANET. We all saw Shoemaker-Levy, right? Imagine had that catastrophic string of pearls made a B-line for Earth. No Earth left. The explosions on Jupiter were the size of our planet. Earth, if that had hit us, would have shared a fate with the fictional Alderaan of George Lucas' fame.

So, say this comet is going to hit us, or come VERY close. In this kind of scenario, TPTB, IMHO, would do all they could to divert this object from striking us. See, they (TPTB) are so egotistical. They DO want a terrible event to wipe out most of humanity. But, they want to call the shots. They don't want to be at the mercy of Fate, Destiny, God, The Grand Creator... or whatever your flavor of greater power. In other words, if TPTB don't orchestrate it, they don't want it to happen because they aren't holding the reigns.

It could very well be that TPTB save us from this comet... --only to unleash a genetically modified "super bug" that targets only certain racial demographics. So, yeah, we might survive the comet because of the employment of the elite's technology. But, we might soon afterwards suffer from the elite's dark sided technology... in whatever fashion they deem necessary to eliminate us prosaic cattle from the face of this majestic planet.
edit on 18-1-2011 by GhostLancer because: Typo

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Comet Prophecies

Possibly Related?

Shipton, Nostradaumus, Revelation and other prophecies.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

It looks like it will pass even closer to Venus and Mercury than to Earth. I would think even if it only hit one of those there might still be a huge affect on Earth.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Um you might want to look at this

lastgreatday8.blogspot.com...

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stargate2012

Um you might want to look at this

Care to elaborate? He wrongly predicted end of times in 1990's too....so......

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   
reply to post by amongus

Read my blog and you shall see

Here is one piece to the puzzle.

The Danger of Draco The Dragon in October 2011

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   
1260 days from Oct. 21st, 2011 (Last Great Day-Feast of Tabernacles) = April 4th, 2015 (Passover) Blood Red Moon

The Revelation
of St. John the Divine

The Woman and the Dragon
1 And there appeared a great wonder in heaven; a woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and upon her head a crown of twelve stars:
2 and she being with child cried, travailing in birth, and pained to be delivered.
3 And there appeared another wonder in heaven; and behold a great red dragon, having seven heads and ten horns, and seven crowns upon his heads.
4 And his tail drew the third part of the stars of heaven, and did cast them to the earth: and the dragon stood before the woman which was ready to be delivered, for to devour her child as soon as it was born.
5 And she brought forth a man child, who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron: and her child was caught up unto God, and to his throne.
6 And the woman fled into the wilderness, where she hath a place prepared of God, that they should feed her there a thousand two hundred and threescore days.
7 ¶ And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,
8 and prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven.
9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth,and his angels were cast out with him.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   

reply to post by amongus

I'll pass. Link to your blog? Are you joking? Post your theories here, and stop trolling here for hits to your blog

Edit: thanks for posting the info. .

edit on 18-1-2011 by amongus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Abnormal Sunbound comets may mean larger one to come

In the last 10 days astronomers have counted at least 25 comets on the NASA SOHO Spacecraft, plunging into the Sun. It could mean a larger one ahead.

These comets could be part of a larger comet, according to astronomers. The comet may come without notice, much like the cosmic visitor named Comet Ikeya-Seki in 1965, which was seen in broad daylight and came without warning.

One candidate would be the newly discovered Comet
2010 X1 Elenin, which comes very close to our planet in the Fall of 2011. The comet will be so bright you can see it with the unaided eye even in a small city.

www.theweatherspace.com...

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by amongus

reply to post by amongus

I'll pass. Link to your blog? Are you joking? Post your theories here, and stop trolling here for hits to your blog

Edit: thanks for posting the info. .

edit on 18-1-2011 by amongus because: (no reason given)

Trolling for hits to my blog? Not like I am charging money or have adds on it. Are you the one who is joking? Get real. The information is there. And you are making an issue out of that? LOL

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 03:22 AM
link   
HOLY SH**

Closest approach for one solution is on Oct. 21, 2011, at 0.15 AU. Elongation 81 degrees. It will be right on the celestial equator so will be equally visible to N and S hemisphere observers

www.cloudynights.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join