It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Keyboard Ghost?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Ok.. im expecting people to be skeptical about this, but if you can just trust me that im not lying and take a look you might find something very interesting.

Ok last night as i was going to sleep i was feeling a cold chill and the hair on my hand was standing up like crazy. Thinking it might be paranormal, i got up and turned my microphone on my computer to record.

Upon analyzing the data i found a few blips and other sounds but nothing too out of the ordinary, except this:
www.megaupload.com...

My microphone was sitting right on top of my keyboard. This was recorded at least 5-7 hours after i fell asleep(not really sure how long it took me to fall asleep).

I asked my dad if he used my computer at night and he said no he was sleeping. When i woke up the monitor was even turned off like i left it(and to be honest, nobody but my dad would probably even know how to turn it on).

I have never sleepwalked before in my life, although im not ruling it out. My parents never said they saw me sleep walk or anything of that nature.

What i find strange is, my house isnt really haunted. Theres nothing about my house thats haunted, but when i go to sleep weird things like this start to happen.

It used to be really bad too, as maybe some people have read in my other thread, here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

But lately its been pretty normal aside from these very strange instances.

What could this be? Am i personally haunted? Am i haunting myself(i know, it sounds weird)?

Im beginning to think there's more to ghosts than just dead people trying to communicate..
edit on 16-1-2011 by demonseed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
My friend,

Your uploaded audio link does not work.
I am interested in hearing it, update when you have it fixed.

Remember,
YouDidntSeeMe

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
if you mean by ghost keyboard typing on keyboard then try to use keylogger (if you have your pc turned on over night)
edit on 16/1/2011 by Neoony because: (no reason given)

edit on 16/1/2011 by Neoony because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by youdidntseeme
My friend,

Your uploaded audio link does not work.
I am interested in hearing it, update when you have it fixed.

Remember,
YouDidntSeeMe

Ooops sorry about that.

The link should be working now.

I probably should check to see if anything was typed. That might be interesting to see..

anyone know how i can accomplish this?

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Wow, well I didn't get to hear the link but I do think I know a way you can do a bit more "discovery" on this process. As much as it seems counter to electronic equipment, you should place some baby powder on the keypads to see if in the morning there are not fingerprints or marks indicating that someone actually touched the keyboard. It would a bit of a mess to clean each day but I bet eventually the Keyboard Ghost might remanifest for you.

This is interesting, because there is a place in San Antonio, TX where a bus-load of kids were killed on a railroad track. If you pull your car onto the tracks and put it in neutral the car will gently move off the tracks. The baby powder was used and tiny little handprints showed themselves on the bumper of the car. Seriously, I saw the footage shown on the Local News in San Antonio.

This site has an account of the Ghost Tracks

This site claims to debunk Ghost Tracks

The broadcast I saw many years ago actually showed the handprints after they showed the car move off the tracks.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Greensage
Wow, well I didn't get to hear the link but I do think I know a way you can do a bit more "discovery" on this process. As much as it seems counter to electronic equipment, you should place some baby powder on the keypads to see if in the morning there are not fingerprints or marks indicating that someone actually touched the keyboard. It would a bit of a mess to clean each day but I bet eventually the Keyboard Ghost might remanifest for you.

This is interesting, because there is a place in San Antonio, TX where a bus-load of kids were killed on a railroad track. If you pull your car onto the tracks and put it in neutral the car will gently move off the tracks. The baby powder was used and tiny little handprints showed themselves on the bumper of the car. Seriously, I saw the footage shown on the Local News in San Antonio.

This site has an account of the Ghost Tracks

This site claims to debunk Ghost Tracks

The broadcast I saw many years ago actually showed the handprints after they showed the car move off the tracks.

I think i saw on TV that the hill has an incline that's kind of hard to see. They planted posts of equal lengths along the road and saw the incline.

I would like more information on it though.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 04:53 AM
link   
Look for those that don't believe that ghost exist i have seen two with my own eyes, and have heard things that would make the average Joe go insane obviously i have no conclusive evidence but i can offer you the tale of my second and first if you wish also the third will make goose bumps rise on your ams

OK here go's me and some friends where staying/squatting in a very famous Victorian building that was condemned after the many murders, and various nefarious activity's that where happening in the vicinity of said complex...
One night a group of ten or so people try'd to break in and caused a huge fuss but we had overturned a drinks machine at the entrance so their chances of beaching the perimeter where nil as they would have to walk up two flights of stairs protected with broken glass and other utensils to provide an untimely end to there life... even the cops would not enter as it was well known to be haunted i mean it when i say it was very nasty!!!! and had the nickname hotel hell (totally serious i don't ever lie)

OK after that night i was awake early and the others in the room we occupied where still asleep there was a knock at the door i said come in and in walked a person dressed in nothing but a bath towel dripping wet if you read the first part of my post you would understand for someone dress'd in that manor with no shoes i must add, would have been covered in blood from the injuries they would have sustained even getting to the first level of said complex.

Now the strangest thing is we had power but no water so it was physically impossible to travel the gauntlet and to arrive (dripping, as in water dripping from his body) wet, as would have taken five minutes at least in travel time to reach us and all water would be dry
one of the most interesting parts is that he opened the door as in was able to manipulate physical objects (the room we where staying in was very well known to be one of the biggest heroin dealers in the city's crib) don't know if this is important, but was very strange as he talked to me and asked in his exact words, (they will remain with me my entire life) ("Are you boys OK") at the time no women where staying with us so was a very accurate statement to make i said "yes we are ok" No response was given and he walked out of the room

This is only one of my experiences if you want more just ask

Sorry but I can't be ass'd checking this thread again lol, so p.m. me if you actually want more of my encounters my first was seen by at least ten people and was more like your common ghost tale and contains (a very old cemetery, bikers as in biker gang members and drugs)
edit on 17/1/11 by Freedom_is_Slavery because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 05:16 AM
link   
this sounds like paranoia, ive been reading quiet a few threads like this in the last hour

im shocked at the paranoia and the deliberate fear mongering spread around, im pretty sure 99 per cent of the people didnt have these fears before reading other peoples` stories

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by bernardschnitzel
this sounds like paranoia, ive been reading quiet a few threads like this in the last hour

im shocked at the paranoia and the deliberate fear mongering spread around, im pretty sure 99 per cent of the people didnt have these fears before reading other peoples` stories

Bravo on your reply . Star given

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 05:35 AM
link   
reply to post by gandalphthegrey

Piss off trolls your not wanted, with your stupid one line post crap go post on the heraldsun.com or facebook where you belong

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by youdidntseeme

I agree having issues getting to work as well

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   
hmmm good post and catch. I downloaded it and recorded me typing on my keyboard to compare it was very similar, not exact but not the same keyboard and not the same pressure on the keys or recording device. It is convincing enough for further investigation. good post thanks

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by theviking727
hmmm good post and catch. I downloaded it and recorded me typing on my keyboard to compare it was very similar, not exact but not the same keyboard and not the same pressure on the keys or recording device. It is convincing enough for further investigation. good post thanks

Thank you for actually downloading it(i notice alot of people commenting without doing so).

Im currently looking for any patterns in the sounds that might resemble anything.

Either binary code, SOS, or just some kind of resonance or beat that might be similar.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I think i found something to validate this experience.

I recorded myself typing in a similar pattern as the recording, and check it out:

Link

This was using the same mic., near identical distance, and same exact keyboard.

Isnt it weird that it sounds different?

From what i can hear, it sounds as if the keys are being pulled downward from under the keyboard.

This is getting weirder and weirder.
edit on 17-1-2011 by demonseed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Greensage

Here's a similar "thing" in Lake Wales, Florida:

Spook Hill

There's a large sign on North Wales Drive explaining "The Legend" and how to experience the effect.

"Many years ago an Indian village on Lake Wales was plagued by raids of a huge gator. The Chief, a great warrior, killed the gator in a battle that created a small lake. The chief was buried on the north side. Pioneer mail riders first discovered their horses laboring down hill, thus naming it "Spook Hill." When the road was paved, cars coasted up hill. Is this the gator seeking revenge, or the chief still trying to protect his land?"

According to that article these seem to be quite popular in some fashion across the US, and i am sure abroad as well. Geology can make for some spooky stuff apparently.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Not sure what the case is with your keyboard ghost, but funny enough I've had a couple of similar experiences a few years ago. I lived in/shared a house with my (then) spouse. Oftentimes he would sit in the bedroom and type on the keyboard. It was a very distinct sound. I was sitting in the living room, and I often heard him typing without really paying attention. You just get to know the sound, and eventually you start ignoring it. There were two instances in which I was home alone while he was off at work. I was sitting in the living room reading or drawing, when suddenly I hear someone typing in the bedroom. It stopped me. I thought maybe he came home without me noticing, so I walked to the bedroom only to find it empty. Maybe I was going crazy, but the sound was pretty clear. I went back to what I was doing. Weeks later it happened again. I went to check on the sound, and again nobody was in the room. I was home alone.
In all honesty I've had a few things happen in this house, things that could be considered "paranormal". The house was built on what used to be a ranch long ago. I didn't look into the history. I've had experiences since I was very young. Some houses had more activity than others as I've moved around. Some had a lot, and others had none whatsoever. I always thought that if I was crazy, I'd have these things happen to me no matter where I was living. To this day I don't know what to think of it. A ghost wanted to use our computer??? I don't know. Why would they? Unless it was just trying to get my attention.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by demonseed

Here's an idea, leave the computer on, open Wordpad or a similar text editor, make it the Active Window, and turn off the monitor. In the morning turn on the monitor, if there is text, well at least you'll have a portion of the mystery solved.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by UberL33t
reply to post by demonseed

Here's an idea, leave the computer on, open Wordpad or a similar text editor, make it the Active Window, and turn off the monitor. In the morning turn on the monitor, if there is text, well at least you'll have a portion of the mystery solved.

I've been doing that from now on.

Last night yielded no results, but hopefully with some persistence i can find something.

Would be nuts if i actually uncover a message.

Ill keep this thread updated with any new findings.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2manyquestions
Not sure what the case is with your keyboard ghost, but funny enough I've had a couple of similar experiences a few years ago. I lived in/shared a house with my (then) spouse. Oftentimes he would sit in the bedroom and type on the keyboard. It was a very distinct sound. I was sitting in the living room, and I often heard him typing without really paying attention. You just get to know the sound, and eventually you start ignoring it. There were two instances in which I was home alone while he was off at work. I was sitting in the living room reading or drawing, when suddenly I hear someone typing in the bedroom. It stopped me. I thought maybe he came home without me noticing, so I walked to the bedroom only to find it empty. Maybe I was going crazy, but the sound was pretty clear. I went back to what I was doing. Weeks later it happened again. I went to check on the sound, and again nobody was in the room. I was home alone.
In all honesty I've had a few things happen in this house, things that could be considered "paranormal". The house was built on what used to be a ranch long ago. I didn't look into the history. I've had experiences since I was very young. Some houses had more activity than others as I've moved around. Some had a lot, and others had none whatsoever. I always thought that if I was crazy, I'd have these things happen to me no matter where I was living. To this day I don't know what to think of it. A ghost wanted to use our computer??? I don't know. Why would they? Unless it was just trying to get my attention.

That sounds pretty nuts, and is indeed similar to my experience. I should probably check up on what my house was built on. Probably was some indian burial ground or something.

Although, the "using a keyboard" part is very confusing.

Are the ghosts like watching us and trying to imitate us?

Lol as weird as it sounds i really dont know what else to think about it.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   
A thought that occurred to me while reading this thread, from what I have read elsewhere. Perhaps some sort of projection of your mind, or other similar phenomenon? Where one might see someone when they are actually in a different location, or perhaps in the same way ghosts occur where they repeat the same activities, an imprint of their presence? Or perhaps you are even imagining the sound, in the case of the latter example, because you are so familiar with it.

Any of this making sense? (I'm not well right now, so my head is a little fuzzy.)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join