It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palestina recongized as "Free and Sovereign Nation" within 1967 borders.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by FarArcher

Interesting how you changed the question.

The difference between the other countries you mentioned and this situation is that those countries fell during war between nations.

Isreal attained a brand new country via terrorism. There were no Isrealis prior to 1948 and I find it a little ironic that they are reaping what they had sown.
edit on 15-1-2011 by searching4truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by searching4truth

No they didn't. They declared themselves an independent nation, and were subsequently recognized as such.

They won the land now known as the West Bank IN WAR - AFTER BEING ATTACKED - BY JORDAN!

This isn't rocket science!

Just a bunch of Jew-hating, Israel hating folks who refuse to recognize the sequence of events.

Here's the thing. Israel would never have any of the West Bank had Jordan not attacked Israel!

How hard can this be?

Jordan lost the West Bank after INITIATING war.

Too bad, so sad.

Over.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack

BackinBlack, you once again are exhibiting your normal inaccuracy.

I only posted a few lines so could you please quote the line or lines I was wrong about and I will attempt to answer you..
Rants and unfounded insults are NOT the way to debate..
I look forward to your civil reply.

Still waiting for a reply FarArcher or do you need an easier question??

OK, what country is British Columbia in??

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth

Israel has NO right to that land. They stole it, plain and simple from people already living there.

Take the blinders off.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   
I like all the little names and such, but when we talk about Palestine we are talking about the INHABITANTS of the land, IT DOESN'T MATTER HOW IT WAS CALLED... There was PEOPLE living there, and their homeland was STOLEN.
It's clear to me that BOTH nations have a right to have internationally recognized lands and independency in their actions. That's not the state of affairs now.
If they wanted to solve the problem it'd be pretty easy. fairly divide the land so that both nations have their share of the resources of the land. Off course that's the main issue... There are explicit interests in securing ALL of the land and resources and strategic territories for the US-Israel alliance.

And this is, obviously, not the responsability of the jewish community, as the State of Israel doesn't express their interests (mainly, peace), but the interest of the economic elite...
edit on 16/1/2011 by drakus because: correction, duh!

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by searching4truth
Seriously where is this Palestina nonsense coming from? It's Palestine.

Palestina is spanish for Palestine.
Sometimes you get mixed up.
It doesn't seem like a big deal.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   

I really wish you could decide if you're talking about 1948 or 1967. Which is it?

What's over? You have no historical or factual support for anything you've said, and seem horribly confused.
edit on 16-1-2011 by searching4truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by drakus

I like all the little names and such, but when we talk about Palestine we are talking about the INHABITANTS of the land, IT DOESN'T MATTER HOW IT WAS CALLED... There was PEOPLE living there, and their homeland was STOLEN.

True but it doesn't matter..
It WAS referred to as Palistine before it was handed to the Jews anyway..
Here's a report from UN meeting in 1948..
There Palistine is mentioned MANY times..
Maybe the scum are again trying to re write history as if Palistine never existed..
unispal.un.org...

There could be no justification for offering a territorial reward for the aggression of the Arab States, which now maintained troops in Palestine in defiance of the Assembly's resolution.

First mention in FIRST paragraph....

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   
BackinBlack, you posted your reply, and failed to actually read and comprehend my answer. Your problem - the reading comprehension thing. Not mine.

Territory is usually belonging to someone. It's a legal, recognized means of dividing land.

The West Bank was part of Jordan. I know this is so hard to understand.

The West Bank was part of Jordan. The name does have meaning. Jordan is a nation.

Jordan attacked Israel. Fired on Israel first. Israel fought back in SELF-DEFENSE!

That's another concept here that isn't allowed - Israel fighting in self defense, but too bad. It's a real concept.

Israel beat Jordan's butt, and kicked their forces back across the river Jordan.

Jordan lost the West Bank to Israel.

Mexico lost Texas.

Israel won and owns the West Bank.

They can do anything they damn well please with it, as it's THEIRS.

Maybe those who don't like that fact should attack Israel and take it back.

Or shut up about it.

Or move to Jordan with the other Jordanians.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

Good point.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   
How in HELL can an attack on Israel be an aggression against the Arabs?

When in Hades were you guys born?

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by FarArcher
BackinBlack, you posted your reply, and failed to actually read and comprehend my answer. Your problem - the reading comprehension thing. Not mine.

Territory is usually belonging to someone. It's a legal, recognized means of dividing land.

The West Bank was part of Jordan. I know this is so hard to understand.

The West Bank was part of Jordan. The name does have meaning. Jordan is a nation.

Jordan attacked Israel. Fired on Israel first. Israel fought back in SELF-DEFENSE!

That's another concept here that isn't allowed - Israel fighting in self defense, but too bad. It's a real concept.

Israel beat Jordan's butt, and kicked their forces back across the river Jordan.

Jordan lost the West Bank to Israel.

Mexico lost Texas.

Israel won and owns the West Bank.

They can do anything they damn well please with it, as it's THEIRS.

Maybe those who don't like that fact should attack Israel and take it back.

Or shut up about it.

Or move to Jordan with the other Jordanians.

THIS IS THE POINT.
WE believe that force of arms DOES NOT give you the right to claim ownership of "Conquered" (ie: STOLEN) land.
That's basically the point, you say that if you are stronger then that grants you the right.
I believe it doesn't and that the Colonialist ideology is archaic and should be replaced by the concept of peaceful, multilateral solution to the problems.
THING IS, those high up, DON'T WANT THE PROBLEM SOLVED.
That's the ONLY reason why more than 50 years later, this bunch of people that look pretty much the same keep blowing each other up.
War-like tribal mind vs evolved social and global awareness...

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   

BS mate..You don't answer my simple post because you can't..
Show me the lines from my posts that were wrong..
I only had two posts for a total of 6 lines..

Not that big an ask..
If you can't do that simple thing then what can we assume???

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 01:39 AM
link   

How in HELL can an attack on Israel be an aggression against the Arabs?

When in Hades were you guys born?

Would you mind stating which wars you are talking about..
Israel have been in many considering their short existence..
Some THEY started so it pays to post accurate facts...

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by drakus

Drakus, you're being intentionally ignorant. That's not good.

You'll note that the Golan Heights are still Israeli too.

You're wrong. Territory is won in war.

If you can't afford to lose - don't attack.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   

The fact that you're asking about the other wars is indicative of your knowledge base to work with here.

It's not my job to educate you - something you should have participated in with your schools and instructors.

You know, if I didn't know any more of the facts than you, I'd spend less time posting dumbass responses and break out the books.

Learn something.

You can't learn **** spouting off.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   

You guys are so busy applying points that don't apply, and I'm not surprised you're confused.

Israel became a nation, and was subsequently attacked in 1948-49.

Israel was attacked again (the subject at hand) in 1967 by Jordan, who lost the West Bank and their part of the Six Day War.

Syria lost the Golan Heights.

Egypt lost Gaza and Sinai. Israel tried to give Gaza back, but the Egyptians didn't want the contrary bastards.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 02:15 AM
link   

You guys are so busy applying points that don't apply, and I'm not surprised you're confused.

Israel became a nation, and was subsequently attacked in 1948-49.

Israel was attacked again (the subject at hand) in 1967 by Jordan, who lost the West Bank and their part of the Six Day War.

Syria lost the Golan Heights.

Egypt lost Gaza and Sinai. Israel tried to give Gaza back, but the Egyptians didn't want the contrary bastards.

Applying points that don't apply? This is actual history we are talking about and it seems to me the people participating are only confused by your "points" as you are not being clear.

Yes, I am well versed in mideast history, and not from wikipedia, thank you.

So, while everyone here is discussing the illegal founding of Israel you are stuck on the Golan Heights. Is that correct?

I think you learned one thing on wikipedia and are sounding a bit like a broken record.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 02:58 AM
link   

The fact that you're asking about the other wars is indicative of your knowledge base to work with here.

It's not my job to educate you - something you should have participated in with your schools and instructors.

You know, if I didn't know any more of the facts than you, I'd spend less time posting dumbass responses and break out the books.

Learn something.

You can't learn **** spouting off.

Your full of it mate..
The fact that your ignore my posts shows your form..

Show me where my posts were wrong or back off..
You stated I was wrong but refuse to show where..
Knda obvious who is evading the facts...

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 03:26 AM
link   

That doesn't mean squat.

The territory was Jordanian in early 1967, and was conquered after being attacked by Jordanian forces during the 6-day War.

Conquered territory.

Looks like next time the SHTF with Israel, they need to completely drive out the remaining Jordanians who have miraculously come up with a new name - Palestinians.

And as far as using the Bible to show that the land doesn't belong to Israel, one may take another look at unfulfilled prophecies. Gaza is going to be literally smoked.

Damascus will disappear in one night.

Amman will likewise be completely destroyed.

As will the so-called Palestinians. Completely.

But that's according to the Old Testament's unfulfilled prophecies. In the latter times.

Odd, though, how since inception Israel has faced unbelievable odds, and each time prevailed . . .

they were palestinians pre-67 borders. ask any palestinian and they will tell you that. they never considered themselves jordanians and never had jordanian citizenship.

israel waited thousands of years to have a country. they are going to starve out, harass and expand settlements eastward until all the palestinians have been pushed out.

this agenda has a timeframe of decades. we are witnessing the extinction of a people and the international community and the u.n. do nothing.

if these were seals the world would be outraged. that's how f-uped the world is.

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join