It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palestina recongized as "Free and Sovereign Nation" within 1967 borders.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Funny how the so called "deny ignorance" crowd that denounces the "evil Israeli regime" or the "evil Zionist cabal" or whatever, ultimately turn to petty insults, name calling, and religious debates between themselves.

@People who debate the future of Israel through religious views: You are all a bunch of morons. The Israeli government is secular and quite clearly nobody is waiting for the Messiah or building future plans for his arrival.

@Ilovecatbinlady: You have yet to show any proof for any of your claims throughout the entire thread. Conclusion: you're a misguided loony and the least contributing forum member around probably. Have you ever contributed something to a thread on ATS that was more than your usual blabber about Zionism and stuff you claim which you can't even find proof for? Don't quit your day job.
edit on 16-1-2011 by IsraeliGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
The Torah prohibits Jews from establishing any state of their own,,
Talmud forbids jews establishing of having a state, yet they always? go against the God like they did since Moses.
for this God grabbed Covenant from sons of Jacob and give it to son of Ismail ,
just a few years and he will expel all Jew from Palestine .. as he does every time when them return to the Holy Land
The Torah no where mentions Israel as the homeland. that fake book created by zionist after Hitler states Israel as their land of refuge
and that why many of jews refuses to return to Palestine .
all that is prophecy in Islam .
Palestine belongs to Muslims and it will return them Before the coming of Jesus, peace be upon him and alot of jews get away to Iran and waiting the king of them and he will be the anti christ ...

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
So happy to see the move in this direction. I pray the US will stop being a puppet of Israel and show some support.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by GirlGenius
So happy to see the move in this direction. I pray the US will stop being a puppet of Israel and show some support.

Please explain what's making you "so" happy in knowing countries from S.America with no actual say over anything in the middle-east are supporting a Palestinian nation in the 67 borders.

Lol.

You guys don't even understand the things you read. You're all glad because the general tone is against Israel. This is so funny and if it wasn't so funny it was downright stupid.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

Well,shouldn't the U.S. give back the land the whites
stole from the native americans?

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth

Had U.S NOT stolen the land from the Native Americans we wouldn't have the INTERNET, Modern Comforts of today, air travel and the like.

It would be stone age Europe.

So, if we Israelis are strong and have the know-how, then perhaps the Palestinians will suffer the same fate as the Native Indians for the general advancement of mankind? The Native Indians were remembered for no advancement whatsoever, perhaps the Palis will suffer the same fate.

Survival of the fittest.

Also, someone brought up organ harvesting by Israel - SO WHAT if we do that? what is the point of an impoverished children with no hope, when they can give us their organs so we can do something useful with it ? Like, go to school, become laywers, politicians, media representatives, scientists etc. Again, that is a microcosm of the macrocosm problem I brought up earlier. Go and see the thread here "filthy pics of india" and see how many child bodies are washed up as a total waste.

Honestly, you lot need to think outside the box.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by IsraeliGuy

Secularism is the concept that the state/government is officially neutral in matters of religion.

The flag of Israel is the star of David, its leaders identify it as a Jewish state, and it's national anthem identifies the hope of the Jewish people to attain their homeland. How does this sound secular to you?

It is about as secular as the Islamic Republic of Iran.

edit on 16-1-2011 by searching4truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZforZionism

Also, someone brought up organ harvesting by Israel - SO WHAT if we do that? what is the point of an impoverished children with no hope, when they can give us their organs so we can do something useful with it ? Like, go to school, become laywers, politicians, media representatives, scientists etc. Again, that is a microcosm of the macrocosm problem I brought up earlier. Go and see the thread here "filthy pics of india" and see how many child bodies are washed up as a total waste.

Thank you for ending the troll debate, you've answered it beautifully. With that don't expect any further replies from myself.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by searching4truth

I can't believe you're actually arguing with an Israeli citizen about what type of government Israel has. Lol.
Because the flag of Israel is the Star of David, it must mean the government is extremely religious and is waiting for some magical day when the Messiah will arrive?

No, it's not.

And don't compare us to Iran. Iran has an ayatollah system which is even above the civil government. Even an uneducated baboon wouldn't dare to compare the both.

You're a plain nutcase if you actually think any country in the world is planning ahead based on religion. Well, maybe some muslim countries do that, not Israel tho.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by IsraeliGuy

I can't believe you're actually arguing with an Israeli citizen about what type of government Israel has. Lol.
Because the flag of Israel is the Star of David, it must mean the government is extremely religious and is waiting for some magical day when the Messiah will arrive?

No, it's not.

And don't compare us to Iran. Iran has an ayatollah system which is even above the civil government. Even an uneducated baboon wouldn't dare to compare the both.

You're a plain nutcase if you actually think any country in the world is planning ahead based on religion. Well, maybe some muslim countries do that, not Israel tho.

I didn't say they are extremely religious, I said they are a Jewish state, which their leaders proclaim, thereby voiding the secular argument. The very same reason why the US does not proclaim to be a Christian nation, it is secular and proclaims no alliance to any religion.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Ok. Well we had, what, 3 4 pages before neck spitting started, that's an improvement...
I foresee a cascade of ever-diminishing intellectuality in the future of this thread

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by drakus

Unfortunately, that's the way it always ends up
I need to quit participating in these threads, but I hold out on the hope we will one day we all be able to have a meaningful discussion.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   

I didn't say they are extremely religious, I said they are a Jewish state, which their leaders proclaim, thereby voiding the secular argument. The very same reason why the US does not proclaim to be a Christian nation, it is secular and proclaims no alliance to any religion.

Not extremely religious and not religious at all. Israel is the only country to hold the Jewish people and identify them as the people of that said country. Its tied to the Jewish religion by default.

The place you're getting at is that Israeli desk is plotting ahead based on some weird prophecies but in reality nobody even knows a sentence from the bible more or less.

I'd hate to ask for any source you've got on the matter because I know i'll get 0 results or numerous silly ones.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   

reply to post by drakus

Unfortunately, that's the way it always ends up
I need to quit participating in these threads, but I hold out on the hope we will one day we all be able to have a meaningful discussion.

This thread is nothing but a microcosm of the israel-palestine issue.

You see, it doesn't matter how many of you come to tell us what you think.

The end result is always the same - the most powerful prevail.

I can tell you that Palestine is a dead place and can never recover from its destruction. NEVER.

Not only is there NO country willing to put in the resources to fix Palestine (which would be astronomical) but we would make sure that wouldn't happen. U.S. and Europe would also make sure that they would not be able to prosper financially in any aspect.

It's a case closed. Move on to defending a country that has some level of 'hope' and leave us alone!

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZforZionism

Originally posted by mamabeth

Had U.S NOT stolen the land from the Native Americans we wouldn't have the INTERNET, Modern Comforts of today, air travel and the like.

It would be stone age Europe.

So, if we Israelis are strong and have the know-how, then perhaps the Palestinians will suffer the same fate as the Native Indians for the general advancement of mankind? The Native Indians were remembered for no advancement whatsoever, perhaps the Palis will suffer the same fate.

Survival of the fittest.

Wow your ignorant.

Its funny that, usa invented the internet but South Korea has the fastest internet speeds?

Oh, who invented electricity to run your internet off?

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Protip: ZforZionism is a sad troll with the sole intention of making stupid statements in order to piss some people off and make Israel look bad.

I doubt he's even an Israeli like he claims.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   

France and other countries have joined in! With any luck, the positive sentiments regarding recognizing the Palestinian state will snowball and injustices against their peoples will be met with a stern response

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by GirlGenius

France and other countries have joined in! With any luck, the positive sentiments regarding recognizing the Palestinian state will snowball and injustices against their peoples will be met with a stern response

France? Never heard of them addressing the 67 borders this recent year.

Regardless, you fail to understand the core of the problem, genius.
With Hamas in power, the Palestinians won't have any use for the 67 borders territories as it would not serve the common folk, it will only serve the militants in order to gain more rocket reach into Israel as proven for as long as Hamas lives.

When Hamas will be out of the picture, you can bet your ass that nobody will go all the way to South America to ask what's their opinion on the matter. The issue will finally be resolved peacefully between the two countries.

The only injustice against the people is on Hamas' behalf. Do you think the Palestinian civilians don't want to get rid of the tyrants that hold them hostage for many years so far? They simply cannot express themselves because they are under an iron fist rule. Not by Israel but by Hamas.

And yet, Hamas is still alive, and you can be dead sure nothing in the world is going to remove the Israeli grip from the Palestinians. All a matter of national security.

Cold, harsh, yes. But also smart. We are not a nation that plans to end up like Sweden or UK. Our country is an Israeli Jewish one and it will stay that way. No serious negotiations will ever occur aslong as Hamas is in power, so you could very well stop hoping for any change from Guyana (LOL) or whatever.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by GirlGenius

A point was made earlier in this thread that if the palestinians gain an independent and official state, as soon as the ruling party hamas sends a rocket into Israel, which they will, the IDF will no longer have the same restraints they do today. Any attack would be viewed as an act of war and the IDF would retaliate with significant force, decimating the occupied territory, completely. Is that the scenario you all would like to see played out?

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Wow, I seem to have missed out for a while.

It is entirely possible that the fastest, most certain way of obtaining that land without any question, without any doubt, and without the current population, would be to give it to the Palestinians.

It would be the most Machiavellian move since the Greeks gave the Trojans a gift horse.

The dumbass Islamic militants - likely Hamas - would eventually attack Israel, either by mortar, rocket, tunneling and ambushing Israelis, or whatever.

At THAT moment, the Israelis should start walking a line of destruction across the territory, leaving a border crossing free of fire to permit evacuation.

Done correctly, there would be no Palestinians remaining in the West Bank. And the new Palestine would go the way of Yugoslavia.

It was there.

Now it isn't.

Problem solved.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join