It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How come Im always the friend??

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 10:32 PM
link   
How come Im always the nice guy?? The shoulder to lean on?? The guy that girls come to talk to about theyre assholes boyfriends?? How come im never the boyfriend...im just the friend?? I go up to girls that I like and ask them out...they always just wanna be friends. Thats why just about all of my girlfriends have dumped me cuz they wanna be jsut friends...cliche, i know. Am I SUPPOSED to be an asshole?? Am I SUPPOSED to be a dick?? Are those the only ways to get girls to like you these days?? Any chicks wanna give a reason as to why girls dont like nice guys anymore?? ANYBODY??

I kinda rambled there...try and make some sense from it.

[Edited on 9-7-2004 by dreamlandmafia]

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 11:48 PM
link   
im in the same boat my friend. and it sucks the big one!

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 12:03 AM
link   
chick love the jerk, the girl that was the most obessed with me was the one I treated like total #.

You want what you can't have.

[Edited on 10-7-2004 by Lysergic]

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Because youve lost your penis juice.

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 12:07 AM
link   
I just want to meet a hot chick that plays video games and doesn't suck and hits the bong like god.

btw, there is plenty more juice yet to come, hahah, get it? haha.

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
I just want to meet a hot chick that plays video games and doesn't suck and hits the bong like god.
\

HA! Finding a girl that doesnt suck is the all amazing feat of mankind. Girls suck.

But in reply- you're always the friend because, unfortunately my friend, you are in the friend zone.
Its a dark and gloomy place for men, but they don't evn know they are there. Girls know of the friend zone, its one of our evil sucky secret codes.

The friend zone- once you go there, you never come out.
I am in the friend zone with every guy I know (except one!)and HOORAY! because hes the best one.

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Your solution:

belowtopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Your solution is next time a girl starts opening up about her boyfriend just slowly take her hand look her in the eye and kiss her.

Or just tell her "are you gonna whine or do you want me to do something about it"

Bring back the penis juice.

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 01:00 AM
link   
I agree with Agent- thats a great way to solve things. Thats almost how it happened with me. except we were both freshly single, no more complaining, and it jsut happened and was good.

But the real reason girls dont like nice guys anymore is in fact, the friend zone. If you're a nice cool guy, girls want you..as their friend. That way, you will be nice enough to intriduce them to your friends, you aren't nearly as nice as you. One downfall of the friendzone.

[Edited on 7-10-04 by Scat]

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Dont worry about it Dreamland. Many girls are shallow when in their teens. They prefer looks to love and almost always choose some musclebound thug who treats them like crap. Its only later when some of them realise that they need someone sensitive, the problem is that by that time they have given birth to Ug the Caveman's spawn and are stuck with it. (no - that didnt happen to me - I had too much nous, but some of my friends ended up in that predicament).
You'll find one soon enough dreamland. And when you do, youll wonder why you were so worried about being sensitive. Butwhatever you do, don't ever change - dont give in to peer pressure - why be the same as everyone else ? girls like individuality too.

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Dreamland,

I'm in the same boat too. The best thing you can do is kill yourself, our types always get the leftovers. Just kidding! :-D But yeah, we usually get the leftovers when the ladies realize that "bad boy" thing just isn't it. The best thing you can do is to not wear your emotions on your sleeve... they detect that. :-D And never say, "I feel." The problem with the nice-guy "syndrome" is that females tend to start thinking of you as one of their girl-friends instead of a guy-friend.

We can be nice, but to a certain limit. Most women tend to take advantage of our nice-guy nature. Some of the women realize they are doing it, some of them don't. All-in-all though, I think you'll do fine in the love department. Your brains will woo them. :-D

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic

btw, there is plenty more juice yet to come, hahah, get it? haha.

Ahhh the one i''ve fallen for is just that, She loves playing shooters on the X-Box, she sucks but in good ways, and she can hit the bongs better than i can...

As fo the 'nice guy' thing, i get that alot... or used to... be nice to the girls but show your not a pushover by being a little mean to others. Luckily for me, my friends are the type of group that can be assholes to each other and not get worried about it. Girls like an 'alpha male' someone who shows strength and ability to dominate over others... unfortunately 'nice guys' are rarely in this category. also never treat a chick entirely 'nice' dont just jump when they say... dont be mean but show you arent about to let them walk all over you.... thats part of it, and i'm sure there are more ways to be a 'nice guy' be in the 'friendship zone' and still get chicks...
(also get alot of ugly friends who are rude and obnoxious.... makes you look good in comparison).

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 08:22 PM
link   
If you have that problemn you must be in the Gayzone(not the friendzone) Lol

Im only messing mate. Im a "nice guy" and thats what brings chicks to me. Ive had ladies that wanted to do stuff with me because of their asshole BF that they just dumped.
its always good. In fact one of them decided to stick around with me because of the way i treat her. Being nice is always good! Dont worry man theres always a girl out there for you

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Some women are attracted to dysfunctional relationships which
duplicate their experience with their fathers. If a woman had
a father who was aloof and unaffectionate, subconsciously she
will seek out a similar man. If her father was abusive, she may
be attracted to men who hurt her. These women have grown
up with an intense father, and men who are "nice" and have
no issues can be boring to them, because they are accustomed
to the dysfunctional stimulation of adrenaline rushes etc. from
a life of conflict.

I would love to have a "nice guy" in my life right now. Not a
friend, but a real man with a good heart.

I'm sorry you're having problems getting involved in romantic
relationships. Are you physically fit? Good hygiene? Don't
curse or drink? Maybe you aren't assertive enough. Perhaps
you're only attracted to beautiful women, and should try to
approach women who are less than beautiful.

I find the more mature I get, the less picky I am. When we
are young, we are shallow, and only want partners who are
physically attractive. As an older woman, I've learned to
overlook loss of hair, teeth and could care less about a man's
occupation or if he has money and in fact, prefer a working class
man who doesn't have a lot of money.

Men who are too clingy, smothering or possessive can be a turn-off,
especially for women who are independent. Know-it-alls, bigots,
men who bash women and braggers are turnoffs.

The secret is to maintain your masculinity and some mystery to you.
Play a little hard to get; don't make it too easy; be a little unaccessible,
at least during the dating period.

And after you've gotten together, remember to keep the romance
and excitement alive.

I hope this helps some.

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I totally forgot about this thread til now...

Originally posted by aWoman
Are you physically fit? I actually just had a physical yesterday and im only 7lbs overweight...but Im muscular upperbody.
Good hygiene? Yeah...i brush my teeth twice a day...use deodorant...clean shaven
Don't curse or drink? I curse every once and a while...I used to curse like a sailor...only because I went to a public skool that let us do basically whatever we wanted. Not old enough to drink, only 15. Even when I do get old enough Im not going to. Cuz my dads an alcoholic...both grandpas are too.Dont wanna be one too...

Maybe you aren't assertive enough. Perhaps you're only attracted to beautiful women, and should try to approach women who are less than beautiful. I usually go for the quiet girls...they look pretty good...but thats not hte main reason I like them. Usually they are just fun to hang out with and easy to get along with.

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I've had a very similar discussion with friends and one of them posed a interesting thory. Chicks tend toward the arsehole because they know those guys don't give a crap and wont wait around for them, but they know the decent guys will wait around becasue they tend to have that probelm of being somewhat of a romantic. Basically they go after the jerks in the beginning, but move on toward a nice guy once they decide they want a normal life with some kind of stability in it.

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Girls want the danger and excitement and power of a "Ruff and tumble" guy.
At least when they are young.

As they get older, and get their share of broken hearts, they turn towards the "good guy's" who used to be friends.

Some girls never grow out of this, because some girls are vapid shells of a person.

If you dont want the girls, and they pick up on that, then they want you.
Sounds like BS, but I have found it to be absolutely true.
Just pretend you are gay, youll get all the girls

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Shidge has a point man, the guys who are senseitive, and emotional get the chicks in the long run. Trust me if your the guy who lets them cry on your shoulder, you'll have the perfect way to get them. They alreayd see you as senseitive, and kind, just nab 'em.

Try being romantic, it works. Also never buy a girl lingerie, especially a thong. Find out what movies she loves, what actors/actresses she likes, whats her favorite band. Pay attention to everything, and listen when she talks.

And never curse around a girl. I'm like George Carlin mxed with a sailor when I'm around friends, but I drop the profanity around girls. And never talk poltics! Never, ever ever, wait later for that and don't do it in an ATS mudpit style either.

It helps if your adventoursus, (sp?) liek into bunjee jumping, and always try new things, being open to new stuff always makes you more intresting and it helps.

Be clean, shave, wear neat clothes, use proper English.

Thats basicly it.

posted on Sep, 24 2004 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Girls want dynamic men that are self-confident and sure of their manhood, they don't want boys who beg indirectly by their body language for a kiss. That's why you are a friend.

posted on Sep, 24 2004 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent47
Because youve lost your penis juice.

Well, I didn't see that coming!

Wait...bad choice of words.:bnghd:

top topics

<<   2 >>

join