It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oklahoma Homeland Security's Says 'Controversial Debate' Suspicious Behavior

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Oklahoma Homeland Security's Says 'Controversial Debate' Suspicious Behavior

www.infowars.com

Oklahoma Office of Homeland Security has started a new initiative ‘Red Dirt Ready’ to induct neighbors into a spy program that will serve to report on suspicious behavior.
Under the guise of natural disaster preparedness, the program eventually reveals its real agenda in the site section titled ‘report activity’. As defined by the website under the section heading ‘how to identify suspicious behavior’, an indication of potential concern is neighbors debating controversial issues.
Following this pointed definition, there is a reiteration of the concept that terrorists cannot be id
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   
" reference is meant to expand citizen paranoia to include everyone."

" The site goes on to include suspicious activity as those who purchase guns or ammunition."

So apparently anyone who exercises the use of the 2nd Amendment should be " spied " on by his/her fellow neighbors and reported. Wouldn't this suggest the advancement of the police state? Have we come to a new low? Spying on our neighbors, and reporting them to the authorities for a persons actions? Besides looking for " suspicious " persons, what is the definition of suspicious? Who ultimately decides what actions are of concern and those that are not? Big brother is watching~

www.infowars.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   
The good news here is that this may result in the neighbourhood BBQ coming back into fashion.

What better way to infiltrate a community then passing out beer and burgers and listening to the conversations as people loosen up.

"Here's a 'dog Jim, what do you think about DHS hooking up with Walmart? I'm sorry, can you speak into the spatula, thanks"

Fear drove communities apart, paranoia will bring them together.
edit on 14-1-2011 by [davinci] because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   
I think Infowars is spreading propaganda. I have reviewed the actual documentation, not Infowars' interpretation of the information. This is Alex Jones' paranoid view of this program.

I am a firm believer in Neighborhood watch programs and that seems to be all this is.
edit on 1/14/2011 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Sounds exactly like the "rat out the commie" red scare tactics back during the cold war. Funny the title at the top "Get red dirt ready".... Yep, the red scare all over again. And that feel good bit about a terrorist plot broken up because they had a party on 9-11? If that is all it takes to get put on the radar, god help anyone who was born on 9-11....

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Whereweheaded

My neighbours have spied on my life, and have never been right once, in london. So this tells the story of these stasi tactics, that are only there to destroy anyone people want to hate for what ever reason.

Like i said america needs 100 million gang stalkers. Looks like you on your way there.
edit on 1/14/2011 by andy1033 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   

"Now let us advance a few more years into the future. Cognitive implants are now ubiquitous, required in fact in order to survive as all life support mechanisms (sustenance, shelter, information access, transportation, etc.) respond only to the individual digital signatures implanted in our brains and speaking directly to our conscious and our subconscious. This direct access to the psyche could easily be hi-jacked by a well meaning government (or a super artificial intelligence) intent on identifying abhorrent thoughts that could lead to anti-social behavior, correct the "illness" as it occurred through electrical stimulation of certain neural pathways - yes thought control -for the greater good. The need for dual or multi party systems will have been eliminated because dissension is also anti social. People will be happy. People will be peaceful. People will be free to do whatever it is they are told to do and love it. Now that's Tyranny." (The Ultimate Tyranny--www.humansfuture.org--words in parentheis mine)

This IS the FUTURE planned by those who think they know better than Almighty GOD! This is what all the talk of 'change' is really all about! I ask all of you, is this really FREEDOM? You will have two choices. Either you go along with them and their plans, or you don't. Gives meaning to the phrase '...multitudes in the valley of decision..." doesn't it!

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Good God in the morning... This is going a bit to far.. Someone was talking about civility being the new catch word being used in place of censorship. The FBI just investigated a blogger in Missouri for reporting unflattring information against their new Rep, Billy Long. After the FBI spoke with the guy, they agreed that no crime had been committed.

This goes along with talk about plcing the plexiglass type material in the gallery of Congress. Whats the point in tht when you cant even get past the front door without security screenings and Capital Police every 15 feet.

To me its an over reaction.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Great way to hurt your enemies. Declaring your neighbor's behavior as 'suspicious' is almost as good as anonymously reporting them to human services for suspected child abuse. Don't get on my bad side....I have ways to make you miserable my good neighbor.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Heres the thing, you can be perfectly well adjusted on the outside, and inside be a raging megalomaniac bent on terminating all the things you disagree with. This scheme will only effect those who are innocent of all but a love of freedom, while the truely dangerous , cancerous filth in a community get a foot on the power ladder and run to the top of it, leaving carnage and destruction in thier wake.
Good luck my American friends, it seems as if you may have need of it!

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Curious? Info wars along with many other websites ( to many to list ) put out information, as with all types of websites, it is the "reader" of said website that ultimately makes his/her interpretation. Why is it, you along with many others, always suggest that info wars isn't a legit site in which to access information? If all websites broadcast information, what makes one better than the other, especially if again, its up to the readers to decide for themselves what is fact or fiction?

You do realize this article wasn't written by Alex Jones but by Jason Douglass right?
edit on 14-1-2011 by Whereweheaded because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I would say it was a bit overboard to list "Controversial issues being debated" as a potential indicator of suspicious activity. After looking at the Red Dirt Ready website, it just looks like they did a copy/paste of some of the information on the National Terror Alert website.

Seems to me if the OKOHS web designer took 5 minutes to reword a couple things, there wouldn't be much to fuss about.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
Sounds exactly like the "rat out the commie" red scare tactics back during the cold war. Funny the title at the top "Get red dirt ready".... Yep, the red scare all over again. And that feel good bit about a terrorist plot broken up because they had a party on 9-11? If that is all it takes to get put on the radar, god help anyone who was born on 9-11....

As for the "Red Dirt" part, you can't really go anywhere in Oklahoma without seeing the stuff. There are even some lakes there that are guaranteed to turn whatever you're wearing an orange-red color if you get in the water.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   

All a person can pray for is that their neighbors aren't dumb enough to buy into this crap.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033

My neighbours have spied on my life, and have never been right once, in london. So this tells the story of these stasi tactics, that are only there to destroy anyone people want to hate for what ever reason.

Like i said america needs 100 million gang stalkers. Looks like you on your way there.
edit on 1/14/2011 by andy1033 because: (no reason given)

If you want to bring up the "gangstalking" topic (which, if you saw the real deal it looks more like "alienstalking", but whatever man), then maybe you should actually come to America so you can see it's the same folks over here doing the same stuff they do over there. So no, the UK isn't some special case. Same thing if you go to Canada, same folks, same stuff. When I find a place without any of what you refer to as "gangstalkers", then I'll let you know.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Hey you find a place with no Gangstalking better let us all know....Mkay?
This is the same kind of stuff that hitler used to enslave germany.It was the jews that he set the people up to spy and report on, the gypsies etc...The fact is that with this enemy in our midst, we can be kept divided.
Together we are unbreakable, but alone we are dogmeat.

top topics

join