It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nasa warns solar flare will cause devastation.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thill

Originally posted by thoughtsfull
reply to post by ypperst

While I guess it also good to remind people that NASA is hopeful that we might make it to 2013

edit on 14/1/11 by thoughtsfull because: sentence structure

Well to be fair , 23 December 2012 does sound to me something like " sometime around 2013"
Just saying

edit on 14/1/11 by Thill because: (no reason given)

thanks
Very true... it does, doesn't it...
*tips tin foil cap*

But I have to admit to seeing this type of doom media and start looking around to see what they are covering up in the here and now..

Tho I guess for NASA it would be better to always have an issue to combat in the future to prove their worth just in case funding dries up..

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Thanks for the update, Wildeagle. This is certainly something to keep a close watch on. In case you're interesting, here is another thread on ATS with a lot of information in it too: Sun Watch Thread

And (sorry about this
) but it's tradition that I post my chart in all threads related to this topic...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d1920bf88a31.png[/atsimg]

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   
there has been a big influx of new membership here. as a result they dont have the advantage we older members have of having seen all this posted. no big deal. welcome to all the new members hope your stay here is productive.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Yes, this has been predicted for a while now, however, NASA continues to confirm this while gathering credible evidence. I really hope this happens, as knocking out the power grid would put all humans on the same level and bring down the corrupt powers around the globe. There would be a familiar simplicity to life and we would basically start from scratch. I like the idea of a simpler life, not one driven by the latest technology and greed, while much of the world already suffers. The earth needs a good cleaning and I'm on board.
P.S wouldn't it be nice to have your student loan payments and debts wiped out?

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by LipanConjuring86

the ignorance of that statement im afraid will only be evident after the even. The people in power are in power for a reason. they are highly intelligent, motivated and ruthless. they are good at preparing for unforeseeable eventualities and if peasants like us can have access to such info as this imagine what someone with no limits to how much money they can spend has access to. long story short they have bunkers and infrastructure setup for such an eventuality. the only people that will suffer is us.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Thanks for your comment Lucidity!
And also for pointing me toward that thread - It's going to be a fantastic read!
16 pages long, so haven't even got past half way yet, but will be interesting!

Your chart is awesome btw!

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by tim3lord

I am a week old to the forums, and only recently got into any of the subjects that are on the forums - can't quite believe I have been missing out on so much, for so long!

I seen the article from my first post on this thread, in the Washington Post only published today, so didn't realise the news was so old, but still, it was new news to me, and probably to many other newer people like me too.

Your warm welcome is much appreciated, many thanks!

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Anttyk47

I agree 100% we need something huge To happen so we can reset our humanity. I can't charge my ipod NOOOOOOO.LOL

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by tim3lord

The government already has measures in place, and are using the taxpayers dollars to build massive underground bunkers for the elite and those invited. These locations are highly secure and government reps deny their existence when brought up; this despite the fact that you can view satellite imagery and actually go to the locations the experience the mass security. They obviously have knowledge and intelligence on some potential travesty, and although they have prepared themselves for this, they aren't prepared to release such information to the general mass. This would be highly chaotic on a global level and complete anarchy would ensue, especially if this secret was kept for some time and taxpayers dollars fueled many projects. The government is going to ride this one out and leave the people to fend for themselves. Considering the structures they are building though, it doesn't look like the people have much of a chance.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by LipanConjuring86

Yeah, I saw 2012 too.....

We get hit with solar flares quite often, and so far have been lucky. I think there was a blackout on the eastern seaboard of north america a few years back that was the result of a solar flare. Also the apollo missions just missed a massive one that would have killed the men on the moon.

The real danger lies in the magnetic pole shift. While the pole shifts, the magnetic field weakens and leaves us open for more solar winds, radiation and even gama rays. If the two were to happen at the same time, look out, we could literally lose our atmosphere.

Similar to apophis though, very very slim chance of all those variables lining up.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Wildeagle

You said we just had a massive solar flare - we had a CME yesterday. A massive flare would be a M or X - no indication of that as far as I know.

I have heard due to the activity of the sun, a massive flare may be in the works in the future - I do hope they are trying to come up with something to avoid the devastation.

Good thread - you just alarmed me with the Massive solar flare just now!

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Seens we had a C-1 - we have those often - all is calm.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Wildeagle

www.youtube.com...

lol talk about prophecy

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
This has been news for a while, although not well known. The thing that sucks the most about all this crap that is happening, is that it's happening all at once. Its quite obvious that the whole damn system has been manipulated so that these upcoming natural disasters coincide with the downfall of our economic system. TSHT prep time is upon us for sure. Hopefully more coverage to this occurs as preparation is surely needed and lacking tremendously across the globe.

S+F

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Just the electronics ?!??! ahhhhhh that sucks i was hoping it would wipe out earths cancer (humans) for good . While all the other species go on with earth on there merry little paths without the cancer called humans.

That way any other life form can come visit earth and see its beauty with all her species !

earth without humans !

Who would be ready to sign up for mass extermination for the sake of the earth and her species ? Anyone? Or we just to selfish for that ? yea i guess so thats how we got to the top of the food chain right .

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anttyk47
Gosh i hope this happens, but i hope this doesn't take any lives (One probably won't happen without the other)

(If we did it right the first time, a solar flare/storm wouldn't bring us back to square uno)

You know, I actually understand what you're saying, to just hit the reset button and try to do it right all over again. I can understand that appeal to the psyche. However, you must realize that our huge population system is sustained only by the presence of these technologies that would be effected. You hope that there would be no loss of life, but there would be tremendous losses; starvation, famine, disease, violence through anarchy...it would be terrible without a doubt. If you're curious about seeing a very good representation of this, rent the movie KNOWING with Nick Cage. Watched it last night, and it's very apropo to this scenario. Peace...

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Oh SNAP!!!

Just as well as I have a microwave to keep... certain electronic things in check! For those who don't know, a microwave is like a mini bomb shelter, due to its casing and... stuff! All I have to do is ground that sucker and BINGO!

Not sure what I'll do with the protected things though... After all no electricity! **SNAPS FINGERS** Back-Up Generator, which would need to be grounded of course.

Back to case in point... Yeah I've heard this before from papers, tv and radio... Coast to Coast AM being the most frequent I listen too. I'm not that bothered to be honest. I think it would do the World a great service... Imagine how people could talk to one another without the need of Facebook and MySpace and the like! And don't get me started on iPhones!!!!

TV would improve... maybe its because there would be no signal... or maybe there is nothing on it anyway to hold my interest for more than 2mins! I have to admit I would be lost without History and National Geographic Channels. Back to books then....

Then... Oh ho yes... Then there would be no Wars! How could you keep tabs on your enemies without those rocket thingies.... Missiles, thats them.... pointed at them. No intelligence... Mind you, there was none there to start off with and it would be a major spanner in the works for the NWO (if they exist)!!

Maybe a good reset would be beneficial in the long run. Yes, I'm certain of it!

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
wasn't that the plot to the movie NEXT? with nick cage.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by pirep

It was the movie Knowing. Scared the bejesus out of me that movie!

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wildeagle
reply to post by ToneDeaf

I can totally see Edvard Munch scream face on the left side!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/46b769fa21ab.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/be74179e2331.jpg[/atsimg]

edit on 14-1-2011 by Wildeagle because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-1-2011 by Wildeagle because: Made an oopsie!

Is it not jesus,well a english rendition of?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join