It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nasa warns solar flare will cause devastation.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Well if this does occur, prepare for a tense struggle between nations as each one begins to threaten the other over nervous-induced fears that someone is plotting.

Second, I hope no airplanes are in the sky, because they will surely fall after being electronmagnetically stalled at high altitudes, which will make it rain air planes for a few hours, and with this world's luck, someone will blame it on terrorist-activity.

Third, many nations will have to rely on hydropower and start building more sun-reliant technologies... perhaps that is the awakening that we all are supposed to incur during that time... the so-called "Awakening" or "Revelation".

That pure solar energy, trumphs pure electricity. Everyone knows there is a common Strength-to-Weakness ratio between all elements. A proverbial Ying and Yang effect, if you will.

If this does occur, it will be both nerve-wrecking and interesting to see what new innovations will arise due to this.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Shikamaru

What does the date in your signature mean? Like, how did you come to it? Sorry for off topic, I can't u2u yet...

And to Eurisko2012:

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

February 2011 Sky and Telescope has this on their cover. 7 page article

They recommend shutting down the High Voltage Transformers before the solar flare hits.
NASA has the SDO Solar Dynamics Observatory up there keeping a very close eye on our sun.
NASA - SDO -

Is this similar to the idea I had and posted earlier? Last post on page 6...

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
@ Kratos40

you are really worried and want to prepare, go check out the survivalism forum here on ATS. Lots of information there. Focus on food/water, fuel, and shelter. Also talk to your neighbors and create a plan where each one helps the other.

Thankyou for that direction, I will really enjoy reading it, and come out with some tips too! Appreciated, friend!

@ Shikamaru

Well if this does occur, prepare for a tense struggle between nations as each one begins to threaten the other over nervous-induced fears that someone is plotting

I think the broad panic that we throw, will be the big break down of things.
Think of a miniature situation, such as someone says ''oh look, there is a spider on you!''... before you know it, all squeemish people are panicking, freaking out in the masses. Only, this is obviously on a much bigger scale.
If everyone is aware of the situation, before it unfolds, it will make the journey much easier.
I know that wasn't the best example, but you get the picture

If this does occur, it will be both nerve-wrecking and interesting to see what new innovations will arise due to this.
Totally agreed.

edit on 15-1-2011 by Wildeagle because: Made an oopsie!

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by zcflint05

Dear zcflint05,
I'm not sure if your post was emotionally driven, or you didn't quite get my slight tongue in cheek post. I did add later through the thread it was meant in a rather flippant nature.

Of course i'm not screaming to go low tech, and I do have the blinkers removed and am not naive. Your post was slightly attacking, which I suppose is a good thing since you seem empassioned, but never lose sight of the words and their meaning, also the ability to read between the lines.

Noone will be "safe" and evidently when things run out in the cities, if they do, people will start to migrate out to the countryside for food.

To the guys and girls who simply didn't get the humour, why so serious? =)

All the best,
T

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by phishybongwaters

I 100% agree, the pole shifts are the real worry, and right now it's really the only thing we can confirm. It's a natural process, and it seems our generation got the short straw if it continues to accelerate.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

Yes, but the fact is that they would still be connected. That is where they are having the issues with a solution.
On events like these, it has already been proven that all the wires act like antenna collecting energy from all around. A complete disconnect is what is needed.

In the Carrington event, the telegraph wires igited on fire, as well as shocking operators, burning the paper, frying batteries connected to the system.

The other part of it, is that even a breaker is too slow and not enough distance to stop the energy from going through. It has to be shorted out between the atmosphere and the ground that is the positive under your feet.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
In the end, it does not matter whether or not they have it right about how things will go out. If it is strong enough to take it out, it will be out for awhile.

What most should come to except, is the fact, that before everyone on this board is dead, we will get hit by the sun hard enough that it will take us back to a historical way of living.

There would be a bright side and a dark side to all of this. It would be nice to get rid of the banksters, the over barring Govts of the world and live a simple life again. From point A to point B is the dark part.

For those of you that are awake enough to know what it is when it hits could give you at least a 6 to 24 hour head start on most. This would be the most important time in your life.

When it comes, use that little bit of time very wisely and you can prosper.
If it did fry most everything, you could be back in with power in less than two days if you planned ahead.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by j2000

If it did fry most everything, you could be back in with power in less than two days if you planned ahead.

Gosh, I like to think I will be prepared, but the reality of it is... I don't have a clue yet, what I will do!
Sounds like I could get some tips from you! hehe!

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Wildeagle

A huge CME actually did hit the Earth back in October 2003 and was captured by Nasa' Soho

Go here sohodata.nascom.nasa.gov...

Select Lasco C2

Select 512 Resolution

Start date 2003-10-28 End date 2003-10-30

Amazing stuff

USER TIP: When finished looking at say the Lasco C2 vision back space and select another Image Type. In this case I recommend looking at all the others from EIT 171 down to Lasco C3.

The reason to use backspace is so that you don't have to keep keying in the dates. This can get quite annoying.

Nasa recently cut back the number of photos in the EIT 171 - EIT 304 ranges, for some reason, so The Lasco C2 and Lasco C3 are the ones I look at first for major events on the sun.

The best part is you don't have to rely on someone's YouTube video of events you can research them for yourself.

ENJOY!

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Opininonated2

Sorry the go here link didn't work in my previous post so let me try again

sohodata.nascom.nasa.gov...

Sorry about that.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Opininonated2

wow! That was excellent to watch,
Thanks a mill for the tip!

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by j2000
reply to post by Eurisko2012

Yes, but the fact is that they would still be connected. That is where they are having the issues with a solution.
On events like these, it has already been proven that all the wires act like antenna collecting energy from all around. A complete disconnect is what is needed.

In the Carrington event, the telegraph wires igited on fire, as well as shocking operators, burning the paper, frying batteries connected to the system.

The other part of it, is that even a breaker is too slow and not enough distance to stop the energy from going through. It has to be shorted out between the atmosphere and the ground that is the positive under your feet.

They have disconnects all over the place.
Here in the USA i found it revealing that the state of Texas has its own power grid.
It's divided up into 3 separate grids -- East Coast Grid --- West Coast Grid --- Texas Grid
Hmmmm....
I hope you follow our lead and shut down.
It will take about a week to get back up and running completely but it's a clear choice.
Power out for 1 week or 1 year.
We have the technology and the means to recover either way.
-------------------------------------------------------
I heard a rumor that the aliens - The Grays -- will intervene on our behalf and shield the entire
planet with some sort of gravity wave firewall.

I guessing this isn't the first solar flare they have seen.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
thanks for posting...

I just adore these half-truths presented EVERY SINGLE TIME nasa announces anything that has "threat from space" on their lips.

Of course we on earth are headed for destruction...but NOT for these or other NASA promulgated reasons. Besides, where is SETI or JPL...

Unfortunately for the uninitiated, anything even remotely resembling an explanation that is forthcoming from nasa is a blatent lie...meant purposefullly to keep YOU in the dark as they contemplate their own survival in the event of such a comet hitting earth.

If NASA really wanted to help, they would design bunkers, domes, and unveil their nuclear (pronounced NU CLEAR) tunnel boring machines they have used all over the SW USA.

Of course, their main primary reason is to see for themselves what is out there and deny anything that would blast earth and save the common man.

NASA-never a straight answer

Good post BTW and got my bad half brain to wake up...sorry if I offended you or anyother poster on this thread, I meant no illwill...

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
So that's what the bunkers are for.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
No, the scary bunkers arent for this

In any case, the storm was off to the side of the Sun and the Earth will NOT take a direct hit. I know, I know, those dropped calls or a little static will be apocalyptic, but I guess we will have to deal with it.

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join