It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China Promises To Kill The Rich

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   

China Promises To Kill The Rich

www.strategypage.com

The Chinese government is publically threatening to execute corrupt judges, as well as members of the security services, who are caught taking bribes. The government leadership is getting desperate about stopping the growing public anger against corrupt officials, and the threat of rebellion, or just widespread unrest, that it implies.
The Communist Party that has controlled China for over sixty years is increasingly accepting the fact that it is its own worst enemy. The problem is corruption, particularly among party members. One advantage of joining the Party is that it gives you an edge i
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Well, I think this probably could have been re-titled, to "China promises to kill those within its own gov who take bribes, as well as anyone who is whistleblowing ABOUT said government." heh

While I am certainly no advocate of violence as an end means, nor communism as a form of rule, at least they are talking about punishing those who abuse their positions of authority to amass wealth and power, which is a HECK of a lot more than we can say for our entirely corrupted bunch, who more often than not are excusing their own crimes and patting one another on the back.

Both systems are rotten to the core, but ours never seems to have ANY accountability. They are the cream of the crop in corruptivity and criminality. Our entire system is ran with LOBBYISTS and pay-offs from special interest groups to nearly every single member of the 2 party crime family. Like a giant mafia family.

www.strategypage.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 13-1-2011 by DimensionalDetective because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Anyone else suddenly Love china?

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Gotta say, they are setting the standards at the moment.

Hopefully a few others can follow suit.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
This article has a very misleading title.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective
While I am certainly no advocate of violence as an end means, nor communism as a form of rule, at least they are talking about punishing those who abuse their positions of authority to amass wealth and power, which is a HECK of a lot more than we can say for our entirely corrupted bunch, who more often than not are excusing their own crimes and patting one another on the back.

OR.....

China threatening to kill those who don't spout the official Government line.

Not bad.

It's good to be the King

edit on 13-1-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Redevilfan09

I think murder would be a bad standard to set. Justice on the other hand, would seem less barbaric and more logical. Prison alone would make them wish they were dead.

If the U.S followed that suit, Capitol Hill, the Pentagon, and the White House would be empty. A good start would be Bush and Cheney.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Gad!Its pretty obvious both forms of goverment have their drawbacks.
The point here is that officialsdom is recognizing their own corruption, though i fail to see how it can be curtailed under their system of goverment.
It is the saame problem for all the peoples of the world.
Their goverments use and abuse them no end.
When the floods pour in, the volcanos go off, the battles start to get hot and deadly, youll never see a countrys leaders at the point of the action.
The trouble is we have this tendancy to create these power structures whicch favour the top 10% of the population, and bleed the other 90% white to supply the luxery they amass.
The whole thing stinks and the general populations of the entire globe will have to sooner or later come together to demaqnd their share of the wealth and prosperity which they are whipped into providing their gracious leaders.
The resources of a country are the property of all the people, and should never be sold to other interests to develope,
The big glut is on for the richest to buy out the poorest, or force them out, to take control of the worlds resources,manufacturing, and food chain.
It will become aparent to most (if not already) in the next decade that they are being shafted royally by goverment, and industry,the banks,and just about any other corporate interests.
If there is no backlash in the next decade of a global nature, id be very surprised.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
This is just amazing. What can you say about a communist country that makes sense?

Knowing their human rights record though, they will kill those who get caught.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
This doesn't matter much until they kill the first politician, for being corrupt. I see them using this as cleansing the government of politicians who don't tow the party line. Generally even in the United States, we only hear about corruption from the other party trying to put themselves on a pedestal.

Not to say there's much competition, but I'm sure that this will be used to rout out someone's opponent through blackmail, rather than for justice.

IE : "If you don't resign I'm going to tell them about that bribe you took in '99."

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by TedHodgson

I'm not disagreeing with this post

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I have not been to China but from people who did grow up there, corporal punishment was used fairly extensively to keep the order. In a country with a billion people there is not much tolerance for crap. To send the message home the family was charged for the price of the bullet. That is how the story use to go anyway. There appears to be a bit more tolerance these days, but with the prices for organ transplants criminals are kept in storage until a buyer shows up. China has been taking a strong stance against corruption for quite some time. If the choice comes down to killing a few or let those few kill a lot, they would rather kill a few. Sounds like they are supporting the tea party.

China still has its problems, but who does not?

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Now_Then

Seems like theve got some things right at least

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by TedHodgson

Feeling the love here

if only we did that in the west

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
While I am not a huge fan of arbitrary killing...

We, being westerners, who pride ourselves upon being shining examples of tolerance, could moderate this approach and simply come to terms with the notion of punishing corruption, lobbying (let's face it, this is a dress up term for bribery of the worst kind), and the abuse of power for profit.

I think simply making it legal to publicly flog these types of criminals would be a good middle ground!

~Heff
edit on 1/13/11 by Hefficide because: one of those "How the Hell did that happen?" typo moments

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
China be making a big PR move all over the place lately, eh?

They are like John Travolta in Saturday Night Fever looking in the mirror while undulating and saying, 'Aaaal Pachiiiiiiino.' They smell blood and they are starting to make their "We are THE World Power move.

Listen to the ground:
There is movement all around
There is something goin' down
And I can feel it

On the waves of the air
There is dancin' out there
If it's somethin' we can share
We can steal it...

Then I get night fever, night fever
We know how to do it
Gimme that night fever, night fever
We know how to show it...

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Execution of corrupt officials is nothing new in china. Theyve never tolerated corruption in officials and usually deal swiftly with the guilty parties - trial, sentence with execution upon sentence being read. With no appeals. Officials are expected to look out for the welfare of the people not line their pockets at the expense of the people in china. If they fail their duty they pay for it.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by SKinLaB

yeah good point, sorry about the post I obviously did not read it well enough. Jail would be a fair punishment. I do not condone murder either.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Redevilfan09

Talk is cheap...even cheaper than the value of human life in China.

No doubt a handful of poor unfortunates will have to endure a rigged show 'trial', get paraded around on TV and labelled as the scum of the Earth, and then murdered to act as though the government is doing something to appease the people.

The corruption goes right through the upper echelons of government, i can't see them executing themselves can you?

No, it'll be the expendables only i'm afraid.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join