It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

First dead birds, then dead fish ... now crickets

page: 1
9
<<   2 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   

First dead birds, then dead fish ... now crickets


www.msnbc.msn.com

PORT ALLEN, La. — A virus has killed millions of crickets raised to feed pet reptiles and those kept in zoos.
The cricket paralysis virus has disrupted supplies to pet shops across North America as a handful of operators have seen millions of their insects killed.
(visit the link for the full news article)



Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
The Awakening of the most powerfull Volcanoes around the world!




posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Okay, this is getting ridiculous. "In the past eight months, the U.S. Geological Survey's National Wildlife Health Center has logged 95 mass wildlife die-offs in North America and that's probably a dramatic undercount, officials say.
The list includes:
900 some turkey vultures that seemed to drown and starve in the Florida Keys.
4,300 ducks killed by parasites in Minnesota.
1,500 salamanders done in by a virus in Idaho.
2,000 bats that died of rabies in Texas.
And the still mysterious death of 2,750 sea birds in California.
Officials blamed the deaths of 5,000 red-winged blackbirds in Beebe, Ark., on New Year's Eve fireworks.
Experts say the loud cracks and booms likely sent the birds into such a tizzy that they crashed into homes, cars and each other before plummeting to their deaths."

I just don't buy the official explanations....fireworks? Come on...these are the signs of the times ladies and gentlemen. These events can no longer be dismissed as coincidence. I wonder if this has anything to do with the worldwide volcano activity? Check out the thread
for details on this subject.

www.msnbc.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 12-1-2011 by discl0sur3 because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by discl0sur3
 


Were so f*cked next it will be masses of our pets then us...



posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
The reasons they give may be bs (Firecrackers LOL)
But IMO i think we're causing this.

(That's a better response than - it's the apocalypse)
My Umbrella Cockatoo cannot be anywhere near a Teflon pan while it's being used, so we don't use it.
We're just adding more combinations of chemicals, some harmful and some harmless.

Also this could possibly just be more media coverage on this sort of stuff.
I'm sure this is probably 1/4 at the least of the wildlife mass die offs.



posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by discl0sur3
 


News Flash!!! Massive Human Die Off......
70,000 people died today!!!
( and every day)



posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by discl0sur3
 


I "polled" three store clerks about the bird deaths while making small talk. Respondent #1 said "oh, yeah. Seems I heard something about it" then shrugged. Respondent #2 said "they probably got into something bad...maybe ate something bad. Respondent #3 said assuredly "The terrorists are doing it."

I got the impression that most people are still walking through life half asleep. They sort of hear things mentioned in passing but have no real interest in what is going on. Others become obedient drones parroting the phrases they are given by media, blaming "terrorists" for everything that goes unexplained.



posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by discl0sur3
[more you forgot the bees



posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
i work with reptiles and other exotic animals , unfortunately this is something that happens from time to time , i have known many suppliers who have had mass die offs of entire cultures of feeders due to disease , parasites etc . I defiantly think something strange is going on this year and its not to be taken lightly but things like this happen every single day , its just when something big happens , like the birds and fish mass die offs , especially at a time like this before 2012 when everyone is on edge as is we start to take notice of all these die offs and then they come as a surprise , not realizing some cases are common , now on the other hand some are not!!!
edit on 12-1-2011 by reefdiver910 because: typo



posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anttyk47
The reasons they give may be bs (Firecrackers LOL)
But IMO i think we're causing this.

(That's a better response than - it's the apocalypse)
My Umbrella Cockatoo cannot be anywhere near a Teflon pan while it's being used, so we don't use it.
We're just adding more combinations of chemicals, some harmful and some harmless.

Also this could possibly just be more media coverage on this sort of stuff.
I'm sure this is probably 1/4 at the least of the wildlife mass die offs.



Respectfully, I think we play a "part" in what's occurring. Perhaps it was the BP disaster that set this wheel in motion....who knows. The bottom line is animals are dying and govt officials are scrambling to explain why. The fireworks excuse really raised some red flags for me personally, obviously a blatant lie. The question is, if there is nothing to worry about, why the half a$$ed explanations instead of in depth, researched answers?

IMO, they're trying to keep the peace. If a true apocalyptic event were actually occurring there would be mass social breakdown, literally overnight. We can't expect to be given a heads up as this would conflict with their plan.

For the record I've never said that this was the end, I merely suggested that this is the beginning of some big changes, in my opinion of course



posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Huh.. I have to feed my tarantula, was planning on going in the morning to buy some crickets. Hopefully the pet store has some.



posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
99.9% of all species ever to live on earth are now exinct. Dozens of mass animal deaths are reported every year in the US alone. Nothing unusual is happening, it's just that now everybody knows about it and it's surprising.

Are you suggesting that the deaths are related? Can you point to any indication other than intuition that anything abnormal is occuring? If the deaths are unrelated, what's the big deal? If they are related, what's the connection?

If the end of the world is marked by the sudden death of blackbirds in Arkansas and then a bunch of crickets a couple weeks later, I'm going to be disappointed.

"And the fifth horseman of the apocolypse lay waste to the crickets and birds and several large schools of fish, for the end is nigh. . ."



posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
There goes the food chain...we can speculate on what is next...

But eventually its human beings...

hmmm...definitely not good...



posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by OnceReturned
 

up to 150 speicies become extinct EVERY DAY.



posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by spikester
News Flash!!! Massive Human Die Off......
70,000 people died today!!!
( and every day)

But all over the planet and not in one place, you genius.


up to 150 speicies become extinct EVERY DAY.

The question is when you'll be one of them. By the way, do you really need to push the usual propaganda on every forum? Who is paying you do this?
edit on 12-1-2011 by Sentinel412 because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by discl0sur3

First dead birds, then dead fish ... now crickets


www.msnbc.msn.com

PORT ALLEN, La. — A virus has killed millions of crickets raised to feed pet reptiles and those kept in zoos.
The cricket paralysis virus has disrupted supplies to pet shops across North America as a handful of operators have seen millions of their insects killed.
(visit the link for the full news article)



Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
The Awakening of the most powerfull Volcanoes around the world!




I just looked at RSOE and didn't see this, wonder why.
I have to agree, this is getting pretty scary now.RSOE



posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by hapablab
 


Oh please send these infected crickets to australia. we're in a the middle of a locust plague here.



posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Thanks for the post. So many informed and helpful people here on ATS!

I read this article on the NPR website, don't know if it's been posted yet.


The center has been analyzing 15 other blackbird die-offs over the past five years. And its scientists say the recent Arkansas die-offs seem different from the other cases. While the lab waits for final test results, it's also fielding numerous calls from people who say they may challenge those results. Still, the scientists here say the findings will be backed by 35 years of scientific expertise.


Here's the link to the story: Puzzling Demise of Arkansas' Red Winged Blackbird

What interested me is that I haven't seen any comments from the scientific arena saying that there might be something different here. I'm curious as to what they find. It's also curious that even before they have any results people are lining up to challenge them.



posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
The 10 plagues of Egypt

1 water turned to blood killing all fish and other water life
2 frogs
3 lice or gnats
4 gnats and flies
5 disease on cattle on livestock
6 unhealable boils
7 and thunder
8 locusts
9 darkness
10 death of the first-born

It will be interesting to see this happen exactly as it did then but the bible states that this time around, they do not have to happen in any specific order. His prophets will strike the earth with as many plagues as they want as often as they want until the time alotted.

If you love the creation than acknowledge the Creator. So you may know that the Word of God is True, repent and believe, that is why this is happening.



posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by flyingviolet
Thanks for the post. So many informed and helpful people here on ATS!

I read this article on the NPR website, don't know if it's been posted yet.


The center has been analyzing 15 other blackbird die-offs over the past five years. And its scientists say the recent Arkansas die-offs seem different from the other cases. While the lab waits for final test results, it's also fielding numerous calls from people who say they may challenge those results. Still, the scientists here say the findings will be backed by 35 years of scientific expertise.


Here's the link to the story: Puzzling Demise of Arkansas' Red Winged Blackbird

What interested me is that I haven't seen any comments from the scientific arena saying that there might be something different here. I'm curious as to what they find. It's also curious that even before they have any results people are lining up to challenge them.


Great article, thanks for the post!
My question is...if these new cases seem different from the previous 35 years, what is causing it this time?

My guess is it's a combination of several things:
-Jetstream anomalies
-Thermo Haline Circulation System breakdown
-Worldwide volcanic activity (not abnormal but increasing)
-Earthquakes, Sinkholes & Cracks in the earth
-Magnetosphere anomalies
-Pole Migration at an accelerated rate
-Climate change
-Strange solar activity

Just my opinion



posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Here's another theory to this weird situation.....

HAARP!!




top topics



 
9
<<   2 >>

log in

join