It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

help with a reaccuring dream i had as a child and through to adulthood

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Hi I will start by saying I had a 'normal' childhood no obvious trauma or major events happened and I was a happy child I have always been really laid back and relaxed about everything and have always had an open mind.

The earliest memory I have of having this dream was at the age of around 9 or 10 I was at home and it had been a day like any other I went to bed as normal. The dream was like no other I had ever had.

So in this dream I feel as though I am completely paralysed from the neck down although I can feel my heart beating and the heaviness you get when you are anxious. I am laying on something flat in a completely pitch black room but I know somehow if there was light I would be able to see, then a noise starts that I cannot describe in any way at all I cannot even relate it to anything but the noise is so terrifying to me ( unusual because I am not easily frightened) then I wake up and the noise is still audible and the fear is still there even after I have got up. The noise then stops after a matter of minutes and the fear is instantly gone as well.

Any ideas???

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
The matrix is real. Seems like you had an instinct about that even back then.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by scorrick

Either Alien abduction or Sleep paralysis. Just my 2-cents

Definitely plenty of down-to-Earth explanations for your situation. Although reoccurring dreams associated with childhood and usually do not persist through adulthood..

Some tips: when you wake up, do not attempt to move (even if you are unable to); sit there and reflect on what you dreamed. Keep a sleep journal; for realsies write down all your dreams in minute detail.

Do tests with yourself throughout the day; place an "A?" on your hand, and every time you see it think "Am I Awake?" and press the "A?" Doesn't have to be writing on your hand, just a series of "reality" checks through your day. The goal is to be able to distinguish dreaming from being awake; lucid dreaming. Being able to lucid dream during your reoccurring dreams could be valuable to your recovery.

Personally, I don't dream, haven't for years. I know that sounds crazy, but when I wake up I do NOT remember my dreams. I hear everyone dreams, well maybe I dream... but I sure don't remember them.

Best of Luck!
edit on 12-1-2011 by igigi because: .

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
sounds like sleep paralysis to me. I have had the same dream about falling into a road while cars drove by. I've had this dream for years. I know, everyone is different, but I think that this may be a common dream. Don't worry, you are still special...it's just a common dream amongst "humans"

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Do you "feel" the noise pulsing through your head/body? If so I have had a very similar thing happen to me a few times but I put it down to not waking up properly. The "Lying in a dark room" dream for me is actually just being awoken from my dream still with my eyes closed, not realising I have semi woken up.

Like a minor bout of sleep paralysis I guess.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Thanks for the response my understanding of sleep paralysis was that the person was unable to move on waking and was not usually of a waking state I am able to communicate coherently on waking and can move around freely its only the noise and fear that still persists. I appreciate all your opinions.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   

No I don't ever feel the noise I only ever hear it. I have had this dream several times and everytime I have it it is exactly the same.

top topics

join