It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the australia disaster being reported overseas ????

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by punterdeb

Yes we have been informed.
I'm from Latvia, Europe.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Brisbane tragedy is being regularly reported here in Spain (Im in BCN). It was precisely this morning frontpage on some newspapers printed editions. It's being headline at TV news too (on international news).

There are also floods in Rio (335 dead) and Etna has just erupted.
Hope you're all ok there. I wish I could do something more. I'll (in my way) pray.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
I truly feel for our friends up north in this tragedy, and it's a shame that coverage is limited overseas as this really is a monumental disaster. They need as much support as they can get.

I'm from Kinglake and my family and I were caught right in the middle of the Victorian bushfires in '09, so I can relate to the hardship they must be facing. The generosity shown by fellow Aussies in both tragedies has been nothing short of amazing. It makes me feel proud to be an Aussie and I'm truly touched.

I just want to take this opportunity to say thank you.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Daily coverage from Slovenija here. Slovenija is a small country and a lot of our people live "down under", so I guess some people will be actually able to read and watch the videos in Slovene language. As for Australians, I'm all with you guys-good luck!

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Let me explain how it is here in the U.S. They do not report any news that would help us connect the dot's and that's because we are the only country left that let's the citizens arm them selves heavily, So they like to keep us dumb. There you go in a nut shell, now if you will excuse me, back to sleep I go.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   

In Phoenix Arizona, and haven't heard a thing here, it's the Tucson shooting, 24/7. Go figure. My thoughts are with you, brothers and sisters down under.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Yes, it's being reported pretty heavily here in Maryland, U.S.A. I feel so sad for all of these people anyone know what I can do to help?

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
This email my mom forwarded me from a co-worker was the first I'd heard of it. You can see from the various replies that most people have only a vague understanding of whats happening. The newspapers here in Ottawa aren't really reporting it, and I hardly watch t.v.

I have been watching as well. Apparently the water will peak only sometime today - so as of right now it is still rising.

Sent: January 12, 2011 9:41 AM
Subject: RE: Email from My Daughter in Australia I received Today Re: Flooding

I Have been watching is on the news...it is crazy haw bad it is getting there!!

-----Original Message-----

Sent: Tuesday, January 11, 2011 11:06 AM

This email is from a co-worker. I had no clue that the floods in Australia were this bad.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: January 11, 2011 10:54 AM
Subject: Email from My Daughter in Australia I received Today Re: Flooding

We're fine where we are, the news just said that Brisbane, which is a city the size of Toronto is being evacuated and surrounding areas, that they are going to flood in the next few hours, bigger flood than the biggest one in 1974, water is expected to reach 22 metres high. In Toowoomba where () sister's live, had what they are calling an inland tsunami yesterday, swept whole families away in their vehicles, 72 people are missing, 8 dead in Toowoomba. We were supposed to go there today, imagine we had decided to go yesterday instead. There is an area now flooded here in Queensland the size of one whole state, so about the size of Manitoba is flooded, death toll is expected to rise. Our house is fine in Townsville, and we are fine at () parents place, but businesses and grocery stores are closed and people are advised to stay at home. Its really quite sad for the thousands and thousands of people whose houses and lives are affected by this, this will be costing billions for the government to fix, and will be devastating to the economy the next year. We are soooo lucky that we are fine where we are and () sisters are safe and their houses aren’t flooded.

Love you all, and we'll keep you updated, about the levels here. Its really worth checking out the news here on the internet, channel 7 news Queensland, of channel 10 news Queensland, or Sunrise morning show.

I have removed names, email addresses ect to protect everyones privacy.

My heart goes out to everyone affected by this disaster.

edit on 1/13/2011 by Hatcookie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

deleted
edit on 13-1-2011 by darko45 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
I suggest you watch France24.com. It's in English and tries to give a more balanced view on world affairs. There are many people dying and suffering from floods at the moment, and I am a little disappointed with the coverage given to Australia, a country that can afford to help people recover from natural disasters, whilst others around the world, such as in Sri Lanka and parts of South America, will get much less from their governments.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I am from the UK and sorry but I do not watch the news on the television.

Infact I made a decision not to watch television at all a long time ago.

I'm only 18 years old.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I live in Indiana and keep up pretty well with the news, yet I didn't know about this until just now.

Which brings me to the Illuminati Card Game that predicted many events, including shootings, the best one for this thread is the general Mass Murder Card, reading: "A shocking news story distracts all media, and by the time it runs its course, the public has forgotten all about ... what WAS that issue, anyway?" So I'd put the blame on the Arizona mind control shooting.

Also, the terrible floods in Pakistan is a good example of disaster victims not getting coverage or assistance after another major disaster which got far too much attention. I'm under the impression that Haiti had far more going on behind the scenes with the Illuminati than one would guess, I think it was something about international financial transactions not being able to take place.

Another would be the Chile miners which just about everyone on ATS saw for the sideshow that it was.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I'm from Australia(Victoria), surely our state governments can set aside a few weeks/months of revenue from speed cameras, instead of donating a measly $1 million dollars...Also, Brazil has floods at the moment to which seem to be a lot bigger and the death toll is 200+ landslides wreaking havoc.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
From TEXAS,

And I heard a little about it. I don't watch the news all day. Actually i watch it sporadically throughout the week,

but i did hear of it. What is happening exactly???

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by kera1337

true.
I have a Yugoslavian friend. The world was more interested in Lewinsky at the time. :-(

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I just checked a CNN app on my IPad and guess I owe MSM an apology, lol, as they have all the news stories I've been following on ATS covered. Except I don't see the Netherlands chemical disaster, but I may have missed it. I never used this app before so I haven't learned to search in it yet, Mt, Etna was also covered. My sympathies go out to all flooding victims including those in Brazil.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by punterdeb
This is not a post for the sake of just posting.

PLEASE...can people from countries other than australia let us here all know if this absolute tragic disaster is being reported overseas?

How much media coverage is this story of the floods receiving. Please take 2 minutes of your time to tell us what country or state you are from and is it on the main news, just in the papers or you didnt even know about it.

Yes the TV is already for a week shouting it at us. Horrible catastrophe ... in 2001 in Czech republic, where I live,
it was horrible but this is biblical, and I was thinking that this appears in your version of winter months in June, July, August, not in OUR winter months.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
FOLLOW LINK IN MY SIGNATURE PLEASE!!

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Yes, there is news about the floods in Australia in the USA. They can be found on the internet as well. You must remember that each news source considers its own audience with regards to the news that the editors consider relevant for their individual region. Reuters, Breaking News,and the major networks have been broadcasting information about the floods. Each one of us has our own personal interest and many news organizations do not find our stories important at all to broadcast. The floods are immediately important to the residents of Australia but mere curiosity to foreigners.

The internet is a way for everyone to learn what they want about any place in the world.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
broadcast here in South Africa every news bulletin but the floods in South America are not.

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join