It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the australia disaster being reported overseas ????

page: 22
<< 19  20  21   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nuugha
Coverage every day here in Sweden too.

The Americans are so busy fighting themselves, one cannot expect them to be interested in anything else.

Hey Nuugha!

I'm an American and I'm interested in the flooding in Australia. I hope my hard earned tax dollars that I give my country will find it's way to the people of Australia who are devestated by the flooding. You know Nuugha, it is people like yourself that give your country a bad name. Tell me, will your country give any money for disaster relief in Australia? I would hope so,but seeing that your past record has been to stay neutral I will leave it open to discussion. Your MORONIC statement above should not go unchallenged and this little bit of history will be just as ridiculous. I remember a time when your country[we will call the swedish people] let the German Wehrmacht use Swedish railways to transport the 163rd infantry division[June/July1941] to Norway and Finland along with tanks and anti-aircraft weapons to be used against the russians during the invasion of the Soviet Union. German soldiers traveling on leave between Norway and Germany were allowed passage through Sweden[this was all kept secret]. This was a violation of your neutrality pact. To keep from getting your arses kicked you let some refugees stay in your country but that didn't make up for the heavy losses of allied soldiers. You can't stay wimps forever...i mean neutral. Oh!,Just so you know Nuugha, The remaining neutral countries were going to be invaded as soon as the allies were crushed[just a little secret],but us fighting Americans like other fighting people who wanted to remain free prevailed because we knew what would happen if we stayed neutral.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nuugha
Coverage every day here in Sweden too.

The Americans are so busy fighting themselves, one cannot expect them to be interested in anything else.

Hey Nuugha!

Don't make blanket statements unless you can back them up. We ALL don't fight each other. We are interested in other things. En sadan Moron....fa en pojke liv!

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
It does not surprise me that this issue is not being covered more then it should be. Like really, when was the last time we have ever heard of Australia flooding? Signs of the times or just plain ol mother earth?

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties

Originally posted by Brainiac
reply to post by punterdeb

they deserve a flood after that racist t.v. show they aired last year...

Yes, I do believe he is referring to Hey Hey it's Saturday.

Typical of an American to drag up a small insignificant thing from the past and make it out like it actually means something. FYI - the producers of the show already apologised - it was a skit performed by members of the public and hadn't been screened before they went on stage. See, if you had of actually done some research on it you would know that - instead you'd rather drag up anything you can get your grimey fingers around and slap it in our faces without knowing ANYTHING about the situation.

Let alone the fact that just because an insignificant American thinks its racist, doesn't mean the rest of the world does - it just means you are stuck in your little American world and think that extends to every country on Earth.

Fail American is Fail.
edit on 16/1/2011 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

Hey Kryties!

What is "typical of an American"?/"insignificant American"? and "little American world" mean? Just curious. I keep reading blanket statements likes these somehow lumping all americans into the same class. Is this what your trying to do? Hopefully your helping your fellow Australians or out making a quid and not one of those Bludgers. I'll check back for your response.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
It's amazing how little we really know about each other on this planet. We've been separated for so long, we don't know each other, and we assume things about each other, or we take other people's word for it.

All Americans aren't fighting each other, no more than all the people of Islamic nations are terrorists.. This is media induced ignorance, no offense to anyone. There are so many of us on this planet who just want the idiots out of power, so we can move on with life. None of us are perfect, but most of us on this planet would love to have peace.

Again, to my brothers on another continent, I hope healing comes quick.

Troy

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I don't watch TV at all, but the only thing about Australia I've heard about on any of my RSS news feeds, is about Australia granting exploration rights to BP and another oil company. Sorry, but in America and much of the world, the media only exists to keep the corporate overlords informed about money matters.

Meantime, we've been having weird weather in my kneck of the woods. 20F temperatures one day, 60F the next, back and forth over and over.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by hadriana
In the USA it is being reported but you will only see for the last several days if you really pay attention to global news. (I do.)
The shooting of a congresswoman and judge and the resulting political (don't know what to call it!) 'stuff' have dominated the news.
CNN is now carrying it front page US edition but it is still small.
I let my circle of friends know about it. I'm sending you guys my thoughts and hopes it will get better soon.
I love Australia. My entire family does. I want you guys to be ok.

Yes, there is coverage in the US, but it is relatively brief, which is nothing new. Tragedies all over the world are only mentioned in brief segments. Things like "around the world in 60 seconds" where they give the whole world a run down in under 60 seconds seems to be the average fare here. Exceptions are things that have been cherry picked like the miners in Chile, or some natural disaster where Clinton and Bush want you to give money to govt. run organizations for relief aid. Mainly the media outlets just peddle "bubble gum" to the brain washed masses in order to distract them while Rome burns.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Texas here:

I don't watch the news often, about 20 minutes a day, but they've been talking a lot about it. And it worries me a lot because I have a friend down there who I haven't heard from...

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Chicago here and I always check the news websites every day and not one report, I watch the local news off and on and not one report I caught.

God Bless you Australia.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArchDreamer
It does not surprise me that this issue is not being covered more then it should be. Like really, when was the last time we have ever heard of Australia flooding? Signs of the times or just plain ol mother earth?

We get floods in Australia every couple of years,not near the scale of these thou,Brisbane and surrounds had floods bigger than these in 1974,18 dead thus far

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by cybertroy

It's amazing how little we really know about each other on this planet. We've been separated for so long, we don't know each other, and we assume things about each other, or we take other people's word for it.

That's the problem mate, you sneeze we know about it, Thank you for your kind words thou its appreciated

"
As we always say," we one" "but we are many" , "and from all the lands on earth we come", "we share dream" , "and sing with one voice." "I am", "you are", "we are Australian",

If I didn't do that right watch the vid I attached, that's how most of us feel anyway, helping brothers and sisters out when in need, no matter what ya race is, and it shows in the clean up footage. God I love this country.

Wal

Enjoy, especially you Aussies on here, grab a beer and shed a tear for the fallen

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 05:09 AM
link   
reply to post by auswally

hi wally, thats the reason that i started this thread in the first place. it seems as though if anyone sneezes, we know about straight away. i really really wanted to know if we receive the same kind of attention. we donate, we send troops, our government gives money left right and centre to everyone, yet i wasnt hearing things like "president obama has called and offered his sympathies and to let australians know that they are with us in our hour of need". i only heard that he FINALLY rang on saturday.....its been going on since christmas, and thats a week between when the crap really hit the fan and he finds the time to ring? as far as i know, all we heard from, and this was before the flash flood, was queen elizabeth. she sent a message weeks ago, and so did prince charles. and they both donated.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by punterdeb

Don't worry mate we have stood tall toooo many times, this is another hurdle, we live by our own sword along with our kiwi brothers and sisters, its what we have done for near on a tonne , remember that, its all you really have too worry about.

And I will say look at the nationalities helping clean up, that's what we as one have created , Australians,

The fallen diggers have granted us this, and that will never change, its what we are, and who we are because of them, they taught so much with out even knowing

Take care mate

Wal

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
you are so correct and it has been remise of me not to mention our kiwi friends throughout this whole post. they are always first to respond to us and visa versa.

although i did find it funny that when they sent their first group of responders, they landed, and promptly hired a snake catcher before they would go anywhere.....pml

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by auswally

Where in Australia is the picture @1:56? Cool Place! I grew up in the woods and wish I could go back. Your on your own if you know what I mean. Was at the bar today and saw some more pictures of the flooding on the T.V. It did not look good. Say hey to your friends and tell them that we here in the Ozark Montains of Missouri know about whats going on there and hope some of our money gets down there to help ya out. Looks worse than the 93 floods we had here.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by pinchanze

Where in Australia is the picture @1:56? Cool Place!

G,day mate, its actualy my home state in Western Australia in a country town called Hyden. check the link out, it is a cool place Wave Rock

Snake wranglers ha thats funny but then again they dont have snakes in NZ

Wal

top topics

<< 19  20  21   >>

join