It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS ploy for media attention

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Has any one questioned the "Jared Loughner/Erad3" is just a ploy for media attention for ATS. What is the proof that Erad3 is the suspect in the shooting of congresswomen Gifford?

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by mileysubet

It was the membership who first pointed out that ERAD was possibly, and it's all been said as POSSIBLY being this character who did those horrible things on Saturday. No admin or owner of ATS ever claimed that this person was the shooter.

It's never been confirmed, simply researched and people have come to educated conclusions based on the facts..

Which can be found here:

We here at AboveTopSecret.com, our owners, staff, and membership find ourselves in the unfortunate position of apparently being one of the largest (if not the largest) repositories of online postings by someone who has been classified as a "monster" (among other things) due to his (accused) actions of two days ago. Online research that began on Reddit, and continued here on ATS has resulted in an overwhelming amount of anecdotal evidence to support the notion that the "erad3" member account here is Jared Loughner. Indeed, the content found in more than 4,000 Google search returns (including some pages in the mainstream press) have drawn the same conclusion.

This is a rather unique situation, to say the least. I and our staff have been considering if we should provide a public statement, and if we do, what should we say? Especially since we're already being contacted by the media for comment and more information.

The postings of "erad3" reveal someone who clearly has many questions for which answers have been elusive if not outright impossible to obtain. And despite the best efforts by many of our members, it seemed there were no answers to be found here for which he was satisfied.

Source

~Keeper
edit on 1/11/2011 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

edit on 1/11/2011 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by mileysubet
Has any one questioned the "Jared Loughner/Erad3" is just a ploy for media attention for ATS. What is the proof that Erad3 is the suspect in the shooting of congresswomen Gifford?

I am sorry to say (sincerely) that it obviously brought you here. Since you've joined our little gathering place today, I assume you think you know ALL there is to know about ATS.

Read more, post less.
Thanxbyebye.

Cuhail

[edit](Hey, whoever sent me a U2U regarding this post, please re-send it. I accidentally deleted it before I could read it.)
edit on 1/11/2011 by Cuhail because: to add words.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   

You know I, like many others, have at times had a very cynical view of events unfolding before me ...

But even the most cynical of a person would find the suggestion that anyone here would 'milk' or aim to profit from this event highly offensive. I cannot imagine many people would have it in them to do such a thing and nothing that I have observed here indicates anything of that nature.

This tragedy is what happened, and staff and members alike are discussing it because this is what we do. Should the conversations have been suppressed to satisfy your outlined suspicions a plethora of other accusations would have been directed their way.

I pick no sides in this or any other matter, but fairness dictates that your statement is at best insensitive, at worse deeply cruel ... quite frankly, neither of which are in demand at the moment.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuhail

I have been a lurker her for a fair amount of time, thank you. I was asking a honest question, try not to be so defensive my friend, other wise I may think you are hiding something...

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Then, to answer your honest question, I'll say "No". We're discussers and arguers. If you've lurked for more than two days, you'd know the answer to your question.

ATS, in my humble opinion, doesn't need the extra media attention. It gets in the way of what we do here.

Just sayin'
Cuhail

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   

reply to post by Cuhail

I have been a lurker her for a fair amount of time, thank you. I was asking a honest question, try not to be so defensive my friend, other wise I may think you are hiding something...

And yet somehow you missed the seemingly endless amount of information spaced through dozens of threads regarding the shooting and the accused? If you had read them, you'd have your answer...

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

None of the threads have any proof what so ever that the man that committed the crime has anything to do with Erad.

edit on 11-1-2011 by mileysubet because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Yeah cause that is something you really want for your business, to have a freaking insane crazy person/killer/mass murder as a member. Come on now excuse me while I say probably not.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   

So prove that point. One by one, thread by thread. I'm sure you're up to that, it is what should have been done in the OP, is it not?

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   

No I thought I very clearly asked for evidence from the ATS community (this is where I posted the question) for supporting evidence for the claim that the two people where in in fact the same person.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   

The membership found posts on ATS, under the name of 'erad3" which resembled the ramblings posted on a Youtube page known, from early on, to have been Loughners. Threads were posted, by members, to this effect, and ATS staff then found themselves in a precarious position - a literal "no win" situation.

If the ATS staff said or did nothing then a segment would have risen saying "ATS is complicit" or "ATS is scared because they know they allowed this kid to post here", or other such drivel. It would have been a conspiracy unto itself if the erad3 issue had been ignored.

If the ATS staff went overboard and posted "inside information", such as recorded IP's that erad posted under, as some have hoped they might - well then they undermine the trust of the community and violate the sites own rules and ethics.

So, the staff did the only logical thing they could. They have directly addressed the possibility that erad3 is Loughner and discussed all of the facts that the membership has managed to uncover. They are not actively leaking us information about erad3s account. They are not pulling a Wikileaks ploy, and pulling us along with carrots on strings. They are simply addressing what we already know.

Frankly this thread, its title, and its message seem much more divisive and agenda driven, to me, than the ATS staff behavior.

~Heff

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   

No I thought I very clearly asked for evidence from the ATS community (this is where I posted the question) for supporting evidence for the claim that the two people where in in fact the same person.

There are mountains of evidence in the link I posted.

Do your own research. We aren't here to spoon feed you.

~Keeper

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Why would anyone do that? It's redundant.

If you think this is a media ploy made by ATS, present the evidence to back your theory.
Anecdotal, or otherwise...

edit on 12-1-2011 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cuhail

I am sorry to say (sincerely) that it obviously brought you here. Since you've joined our little gathering place today, I assume you think you know ALL there is to know about ATS.

Read more, post less.
Thanxbyebye.

Cuhail

[edit](Hey, whoever sent me a U2U regarding this post, please re-send it. I accidentally deleted it before I could read it.)
edit on 1/11/2011 by Cuhail because: to add words.

I find this reply very uncooth and quite belittling. Many of us have been reading and viewing ATS long before most of you were members. Just because we have never had a reason to join before now does not give you or anyone the right to speak in a tone that lessens that of another fellow member. I for one have been a closet ATS reader for going on 5 years. Never once was I persuaded to wade in. I have now joined as I fear that our very freedoms are almost gone and that some of the people on here can see that the balance of power needs to be equalized. For you to say "read more, post less" is not a remark that shows the character some of your other posts displays. The OP asks a very relevant question that could have more than one answer. You should know never to ASSUME.

edit on 12-1-2011 by DeadLift because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by DeadLift

I'm sorry you feel this way. I've just been here too long to let any first day member start calling out ATS as something it is not.
As far as lurking before joining? I did that too for a couple of years. So, since about 2002. That's about 9 years of ATS under my belt.
I've written posts, started threads, been a staff member, etc, etc.
And to come on here and imply that there is something going on that clearly isn't, ruffles MY feathers.

Read more, post less. It's exactly what the OP should have done in the first place.

Deny ignorance, don't support it.

Cuhail

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

The membership found posts on ATS, under the name of 'erad3" which resembled the ramblings posted on a Youtube page known, from early on, to have been Loughners. Threads were posted, by members, to this effect, and ATS staff then found themselves in a precarious position - a literal "no win" situation.

If the ATS staff said or did nothing then a segment would have risen saying "ATS is complicit" or "ATS is scared because they know they allowed this kid to post here", or other such drivel. It would have been a conspiracy unto itself if the erad3 issue had been ignored.

If the ATS staff went overboard and posted "inside information", such as recorded IP's that erad posted under, as some have hoped they might - well then they undermine the trust of the community and violate the sites own rules and ethics.

So, the staff did the only logical thing they could. They have directly addressed the possibility that erad3 is Loughner and discussed all of the facts that the membership has managed to uncover. They are not actively leaking us information about erad3s account. They are not pulling a Wikileaks ploy, and pulling us along with carrots on strings. They are simply addressing what we already know.

Frankly this thread, its title, and its message seem much more divisive and agenda driven, to me, than the ATS staff behavior.

~Heff

I never intended to seem divisive, my question was meant to unite the people in a questioning attitude, which is what ATS is based on. Did I have an agenda? yes I did I want people to question the so called facts. The fact that Jared Laughner and the screen name here on ATS (Erad3) are by the ATS moderators and the sight owner are "anecdotal" led me to feel that that the Two people discussed here may not be one in the same. I simply ask for proof. So far he MSM has taken a hold of the idea that he was a member here with no proof besides the anecdotal "proof".

Do I need to define "anecdotal" for you: lmgtfy.com...
edit on 12-1-2011 by mileysubet because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cuhail

I'm sorry you feel this way. I've just been here too long to let any first day member start calling out ATS as something it is not.
As far as lurking before joining? I did that too for a couple of years. So, since about 2002. That's about 9 years of ATS under my belt.
I've written posts, started threads, been a staff member, etc, etc.
And to come on here and imply that there is something going on that clearly isn't, ruffles MY feathers.

Read more, post less. It's exactly what the OP should have done in the first place.

Deny ignorance, don't support it.

No offence intended, but from what I have seen of you post to me...it is expected. I really do not give a sh*t how long you have been a "member" of ATS. Your length of membership is immaterial to my simple question, as is my lack of lack of membership. Either you can provide proof for my OP or you can not. Obviously you can not, or you would have already. Please stop attacking me for my lack of posts, my lack of posts does equate to a lack of knowledge.

Cuhail

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Well, since you've got your dictionary out, look up "factual" because, to the best of my knowledge, ATS staff has not stated that erad3 is Loughner, only that the possibility exists that the two are the same. Further this was not a subject undertaken by ATS staff, but, rather, was breached by ATS staff in response to numerous member threads discussing the potential connection. Your OP makes implications which are inaccurate.

Reacting to spontaneous community trends is not indicative of a "ploy for attention". If anything such a response is a counter measure to unwarranted attention based upon speculation.

~Heff

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Maybe I'm just old and crotchety, I dunno. Seen too much. But, I'm not the only one who is saying the same thing. Lame OP.

As with everything, opinions vary.
Get to posting YOUR thoughts on your subject. The answers you so easily ask for are already in the threads you question.

Peace.
Cuhail

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join